Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: South Dakota Hotel Owner Bans Native Americans

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

South Dakota Hotel Owner Bans Native Americans

South Dakota hotel staff quit in protest after owner bans Native Americans

A South Dakota hotel owner said she was banning all Native Americans after a shooting in one of the rooms ? sparking such outrage that her entire bar staff quit in protest, according to reports.

?We will no longer allow any Native American[s] on [the] property,? Grand Gateway Hotel owner Connie Uhre wrote on Facebook, according to screenshots shared by outraged Rapid City Mayor Steve Allender.

?Natives killing Natives,? she wrote, although the victim of the shooting at her hotel Saturday remained alive, albeit with life-threatening injuries, according to police.

Uhre also told staffers in an email that she ?really does not want to allow Natives on the property,? South Dakota Public Broadcasting reported.

?The problem is we do not know the nice ones from the bad Natives ? so we just have to say no to them!!? she wrote, according to the widely shared thread that SDPB said it had verified.

Her views were immediately condemned by hotel executives on the thread, the broadcaster noted, including one executive who told her, ?Your racist rant is unwelcome.?

?These views are abhorrent and have no place in our community let alone our industry,? one hotel manager wrote, while another asked to be taken off ?this disgusting email chain.?

Staff at the hotel?s popular Cheers Sports Bar went even further ? and all quit in protest, also joined by other hotel workers, SDPB said.

?I just don?t want to be associated with that,? said one of them, Red Elk Zephier, who is Yankton Sioux and Oneida. ?I didn?t even think about the money or anything involved, I just, I can?t have that in my life.?

The bar?s regular DJ, Paul ?DJ Pauly G? Geissler, also said he ?will never step foot in there again.?

The Rapid City government, Oglala Sioux Tribe, local law enforcement, and business organizations also sent an open letter condemning the proposed ban and asking the hotel owners to publicly apologize.
    More here: https://nypost.com/2022/03/23/hotel-...ive-americans/

The racist's FB: https://www.facebook.com/connie.uhre.9

Her actual posts on FB.

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 10.02.35 AM.jpg

A review of the hotel from last year, which shows how crazy this lady is.

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 10.04.25 AM.jpg

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah, Puzz posted this in Dumb Things and when I saw it, it enraged me. They need to be shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...0de_story.html

Hundreds of demonstrators gathered outside a federal courthouse in a South Dakota city Wednesday to cheer the filing of a federal lawsuit over a hotel owner?s pledge to ban Native Americans from the property.

The protesters held a rally and prayer meeting in a Rapid City park then walked the streets in response to a social media post by a Grand Gateway Hotel owner who said she would not allow Native Americans on the property. Demonstrators marched to sounds of drums and carried tribal flags and signs.

One banner that read, ?We will not tolerate racist policies and practices? stood as a backdrop for tribal leaders and others to talk about the civil rights suit that cites ?a policy, pattern, or practice of international racial discrimination against Native Americans.? The suit seeks class action status.

Brendan Johnson, a former U.S. attorney for South Dakota and lawyer for the plaintiffs, said the ?rest of the world? needs to know what?s going on in Rapid City. The suit seeks unnamed general and punitive damages.

?We need to be clear. We don?t file this complaint to send a message. We file this complaint because we want justice,? Johnson said at a press conference.

Connie Uhre, one of the owners of the Grand Gateway Hotel in Rapid City, posted the ban notice on Facebook Sunday. That followed a shooting at the hotel early Saturday involving two Native American teenagers, Rapid City police said. Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe Chairman Harold Frazier called the post racist and discriminatory and demanded an apology.

Messages left at the hotel were not immediately returned. Court documents do not list an attorney for defendants.

Red Elk Zephier, the hotel manager, told South Dakota Public Broadcasting that the entire staff at the hotel bar and some hotel workers quit due to the proposed ban. Elk Zephier. who is who is Yankton Sioux and Oneida, also quit.

?I can?t have that be a part of my life, that negativity. So I just don?t want to be associated with that,? said Zephier. ?I didn?t even think about the money or anything involved, I just, I can?t have that in my life.?

Rapid City, known to many as the gateway to Mount Rushmore, is home to more than 77,000 people. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, at least 11% of its residents identify as American Indian or Alaska Native.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

People won't go near that place from now on.

GOOD

1. How would they be able to tell if someone was Native American because people might not look it.

2. Isnt this illegal to ban a race from an establishment?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    1. How would they be able to tell if someone was Native American because people might not look it.

2. Isnt this illegal to ban a race from an establishment?
    Right. It is so asinine and yes, it is illegal.

Just for reference, it is the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which protects against discrimination.

If the higher ups were so pissed about it, why didnt they just fire her?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

If the higher ups were so pissed about it, why didnt they just fire her?
    I believe she owns the hotel and bar outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    oh that makes sense.

I was having a cousin Greg moment.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 03-24-2022 at 09:06 AM.

oh that makes sense.

I was having a cousin Greg moment.

Yep. Her son who is the manager and quite the Q-diot himself is banging his head on the desk. You just can't say things like that. To be fair you shouldn't do it, or even think it... But posting your going to ban all natives because you can't tell the good ones from the bad. Never mind you have some of "them" managing parts of your business...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Pop some popcorn... and I have to laugh a calling our Mayor a liberal. If he's a liberal so was John McCain.

https://twitter.com/RCJournal/status...38458963296257

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Pop some popcorn... and I have to laugh a calling our Mayor a liberal. If he's a liberal so was John McCain.

https://twitter.com/RCJournal/status...38458963296257
    Didn't you get the memo? If you act anything like a decent human being of sound mind and intelligence, you're automatically a "Liberal" these days. I voted for Ron Paul and I'm a "Liberal'.

https://www.keloland.com/keloland-co...hotel-manager/

The Office of Governor Kristi Noem issued a brief statement in response to an email sent to her from Nick Uhre, the manager of the Grand Gateway Hotel and Cheers Lounge in Rapid City, asking her to help him by removing Rapid City Mayor Steve Allender from office.

Uhre and his mother, Connie Uhre, who owns the businesses, have faced backlash in recent days in the wake of racist social media posts threatening to ban all Native Americans from the property.

KELOLAND News obtained a copy of the wide-ranging 1,600+ word email on Friday.

In the email, sent with the subject line ?Another plea to the Governor, You are my Governor ! SDCL 3-17-1,? Uhre outlines a wide-ranging number of accusations against officials including Mayor Allender and Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom.

Uhre claims that Allender has a personal vendetta against himself and his family ?because of our outspokenness regarding the agenda of the left.? He says that in sharing his mother?s Facebook post, in which she said the hotel and bar would ban Native Americans, Allender had taken advantage of her, writing that she is 76-years-old and has ?moments.?

Uhre also railed against the MacArthur Foundation and the Safety and Justice Challenge Committee, claiming that the latter is ?letting criminals Out [sic] of Jail to terrorize us.? He also implies that the Rapid City Police are part of a planned social media smear campaign against him.

From here, Uhre blazes through several topics, including payroll records for police ?agents?, the identities of persons at NDN Collective, Obama, Black Lives Matter, Communists, 19th century German philosophy, Smart Cities, Colin Kaepernick and more. He writes, ?as I type this letter, we have a native American male ? who somehow entered the building and is now wandering the halls. [He] scares the staff because of his alleged schizophrenia and his record of aggravated assault.?

The primary focus of the letter appeared to be Uhre?s request that Noem use state law 3-17-1 to remove Allender from office. This law provides for the ability of the Governor to remove constitutional state officers from their positions.

The mayor of Rapid City is not a South Dakota constitutional officer, which is defined by the state constitution as the attorney general, secretary of state, auditor, treasurer and commissioner of school and public lands.

In response to a KELOLAND News request for comment from Governor Noem regarding the Uhre email, her communications director Ian Fury sent the following response.

The Governor?s office generally does not comment to the media on correspondence received from private citizens. The Governor is opposed to all racial discrimination ? there is no room for racial discrimination in South Dakota. Due to ongoing litigation on this subject, she will not be commenting further at this time.
    Ian Fury

Other officials, such as Mayor Allender and Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe Chairman Harold Frazier, have made statements condemning the comments. So too has the South Dakota Democratic Party.

Noem didn?t let legal action stop her from commenting after Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg was involved in a deadly crash, when she called for Ravnsborg?s resignation after he was charged in the death of 55-year old Joseph Boever. Ravnsborg?s trial did not begin until six months later.

KELOLAND News has reached out to the Uhres, but has been unable to make contact.

Also
    https://www.keloland.com/keloland-co...mo-link-block1

What really gets me about this is the racist, moronic mother and son are on stollen property.

What really gets me about this is the racist, moronic mother and son are on stollen property.
    Right?! Honestly. They complain about the criminal aspect and blame it on a race when in reality it's the Europeans that created the scenario in the first place. With Black people, they were red lined and forced in to poverty on purpose. Native Americans were "redlining" on STEROIDS seeing as how none of the land was owned by the Europeans in the first place. Forced on to reservations, active genocide performed on them and now even their reservations are invaded by the Europeans for their gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Right?! Honestly. They complain about the criminal aspect and blame it on a race when in reality it's the Europeans that created the scenario in the first place. With Black people, they were red lined and forced in to poverty on purpose. Native Americans were "redlining" on STEROIDS seeing as how none of the land was owned by the Europeans in the first place. Forced on to reservations, active genocide performed on them and now even their reservations are invaded by the Europeans for their gain.
    My maternal great grandmother was Cherokee. It just breaks my heart to see how Native Americans are treated overall. Don't even get me started on the shear amount of missing Native women.

The victim in the March 19 shooting at a Rapid City hotel has died of his wounds.

Myron Blaine Pourier, 19, reportedly died Sunday. He was shot in a room at the Grand Gateway Hotel during an argument.

The suspect in that shooting, 19-year-old Quincy Bear Robe, was arrested and initially charged with aggravated assault. According to a release from the Rapid City Police Department, the Pennington County States Attorney?s Office is now reviewing charges.

The victim in the March 19 shooting at a Rapid City hotel has died of his wounds.

Myron Blaine Pourier, 19, reportedly died Sunday. He was shot in a room at the Grand Gateway Hotel during an argument.

The suspect in that shooting, 19-year-old Quincy Bear Robe, was arrested and initially charged with aggravated assault. According to a release from the Rapid City Police Department, the Pennington County States Attorney?s Office is now reviewing charges.

Omg. So young.

This shit enrages me. Like...can I go burn the place down on their behalf? Actually no, she probably has insurance. Instead I wish her eyeball herpes. Fuck you Connie.

RAPID CITY, S.D. (KELO) ? Rapid City Police say 75-year-old Connie Uhre, the owner of the Grand Gateway Hotel has been arrested.

Police say she was arrested for three counts of simple assault after spraying a chemical cleaner on peaceful protesters outside the hotel Friday afternoon. Those protests have been going on for several weeks now. Police say the protests have remained peaceful until Friday because of Uhre?s actions.

In March of this year a class action lawsuit against the Grand Gateway Hotel was filed after Uhre made social media posts threatening to ban all Native Americans from the property.
    https://www.keloland.com/news/local-...rested-friday/

RAPID CITY, S.D. (KELO) ? Rapid City Police say 75-year-old Connie Uhre, the owner of the Grand Gateway Hotel has been arrested.

Police say she was arrested for three counts of simple assault after spraying a chemical cleaner on peaceful protesters outside the hotel Friday afternoon. Those protests have been going on for several weeks now. Police say the protests have remained peaceful until Friday because of Uhre?s actions.

In March of this year a class action lawsuit against the Grand Gateway Hotel was filed after Uhre made social media posts threatening to ban all Native Americans from the property.
    https://www.keloland.com/news/local-...rested-friday/
    GOOD.

Thread Information