Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3343

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre in Newtown, Connecticut

  1. #1301
    Moderator bowieluva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    65,551
    Rep Power
    21474915
    Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    no they were trying to say were the kids targeted.
    Oh, horseshit. really reaching here. And who is this 'they'? The media? Yeah, they're trying to come up with any theory that makes you read one website over another.

  2. #1302
    Senior Member rachy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,346
    Rep Power
    2739503
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    did anything else come out about how he had argued with teachers the day before.
    I dont think there was a true target, he literally killed an entire classroom and part of another class - i think the entire school was a target. he had more than enough ammo to finish them all.
    i hope that those hard drives were not actually destroyed and can be salvaged.

    i haven't heard anything else about what they were arguing about.
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

  3. #1303
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474952
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Oh, horseshit. really reaching here. And who is this 'they'? The media? Yeah, they're trying to come up with any theory that makes you read one website over another.
    It's a small area, so there's gonna be a bunch of people coming forward with stories and "facts."

    "We played volleyball together once, so I know how he moves and thinks."
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  4. #1304
    Senior Member Chopstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    1928616
    I have a question for the gun owners that say they have them for defense.

    If your guns are locked up safely, and I am assuming the ammo would not be loaded, how is that really going to protect you against a person breaking into your house and attacking you? Are you assuming you will have time to get the gun out of its protective spot, load it, and then defend yourself?

    I am honestly curious about this. If I were wanting to be ready to defend myself, I would want something within arm's reach,.

  5. #1305
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    20,956
    Rep Power
    21474868
    I don't think it's too hard to figure out that if put in a life or death situation you are going to go for the first thing to defend yourself.

    If that is your kitchen knife.. best of luck.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  6. #1306
    Senior Member Chopstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    1928616
    Well, I'm not going to have a gun in my nightstand drawer. I guess I'm fucked.

  7. #1307
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    20,956
    Rep Power
    21474868
    You asked a pretty naive question, I am not trying to say you need a gun.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  8. #1308
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474952
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I don't think it's too hard to figure out that if put in a life or death situation you are going to go for the first thing to defend yourself.

    If that is your kitchen knife.. best of luck.
    This isn't everyone. Have you ever heard the term "fight or flight"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    Well, I'm not going to have a gun in my nightstand drawer. I guess I'm fucked.
    Millions are.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  9. #1309
    Riotous Defective snowfallsoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,847
    Rep Power
    3729980
    I don't like guns. It takes a split second to kill someone, it's a lot harder to kill someone with any other weapon. Just my opinion but I would not have one in my house. Guns scare the crap out of me.

  10. #1310
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474952
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    You asked a pretty naive question, I am not trying to say you need a gun.
    Maybe to you. We're really confused by a lot of this shit. We're not kidding or trolling. I can only really speak for myself, all my questions are totally legit.

    Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    I don't like guns. It takes a split second to kill someone, it's a lot harder to kill someone with any other weapon. Just my opinion but I would not have one in my house. Guns scare the crap out of me.
    Isn't this why gun people have them? But then it's weird that they scare us?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  11. #1311
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    20,956
    Rep Power
    21474868
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    This isn't everyone. Have you ever heard the term "fight or flight"?


    Millions are.
    Yes. Some have the initial fight mentality, others go for the flight. I am totally failing to see where this is confusing.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  12. #1312
    Senior Member krazegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis!!
    Posts
    5,703
    Rep Power
    19984161
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    I have a question for the gun owners that say they have them for defense.

    If your guns are locked up safely, and I am assuming the ammo would not be loaded, how is that really going to protect you against a person breaking into your house and attacking you? Are you assuming you will have time to get the gun out of its protective spot, load it, and then defend yourself?

    I am honestly curious about this. If I were wanting to be ready to defend myself, I would want something within arm's reach,.
    I am with you on this one. You can't say they are for defense if they are locked up.


    ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

  13. #1313
    Senior Member Harlette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    5,507
    Rep Power
    21474849
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    did anything else come out about how he had argued with teachers the day before.
    I dont think there was a true target, he literally killed an entire classroom and part of another class - i think the entire school was a target. he had more than enough ammo to finish them all.
    i hope that those hard drives were not actually destroyed and can be salvaged.
    cnn said that turned out to be false report of him having an arguement at the school -

  14. #1314
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    20,956
    Rep Power
    21474868
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Maybe to you. We're really confused by a lot of this shit. We're not kidding or trolling. I can only really speak for myself, all my questions are totally legit.

    Isn't this why gun people have them? But then it's weird that they scare us?
    I mean, we could go down the list of history lessons which brought us as a nation to the conclusion that we have the right to bear arms. Is the answer really that unbelievable?

    And I am not trying to be a bitch, I am just saying that if the question is where is my gun in relation to a break in.. yeah that info will not be privvy to you or anyone else because I am a responsible gun owner.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  15. #1315
    Riotous Defective snowfallsoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,847
    Rep Power
    3729980
    Have the police said that Adam went to that school?

  16. #1316
    Senior Member sarabei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,026
    Rep Power
    16312091
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    You poor dear.

    What's it like? I know McMama is in a similar situation. I figure it's like living in an asylum. Am I close?
    It is horrible, you can't be yourself, you can't express rational thoughts because of the cray cray right wingers. :(

  17. #1317
    Senior Member Chopstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    1928616
    Quote Originally Posted by krazegirl View Post
    I am with you on this one. You can't say they are for defense if they are locked up.
    Yes, this is what I was trying to say, but you said it better. lol

    I don't understand how someone can say they are for defense when they are locked up to where it is near impossible to get to in a moment of crisis.

  18. #1318
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    20,956
    Rep Power
    21474868
    The question is pointless. It's not going to change anyone from not wanting or understanding the legal ownership of guns.

    Nor is the whole debate going to stop crazy people from being fucking evil.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  19. #1319
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474952
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I mean, we could go down the list of history lessons which brought us as a nation to the conclusion that we have the right to bear arms. Is the answer really that unbelievable?

    And I am not trying to be a bitch, I am just saying that if the question is where is my gun in relation to a break in.. yeah that info will not be privvy to you or anyone else because I am a responsible gun owner.


    This is exactly why I said you guys should stick to the "I'm scared" argument.

    Jesus Christ. And I'm a paranoid person who's reacting like this!

    Do we have to go down the list of lessons (aka victims) that are bringing us as a nation to the conclusion that a lot of people shouldn't have their guns? Cause it's a long fucking list, and it continues to grow.

    Is the answer really that unbelievable?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  20. #1320
    Riotous Defective snowfallsoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,847
    Rep Power
    3729980
    Well I don't think his mothers guns WERE for defense. If they were, why not have just one? Who has 6 guns for self-defense? Wasn't it just a hobby for her?

  21. #1321
    Senior Member Chopstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    1928616
    A lot of the gun owners I have met (and there have been a lot given that I live in the south), seem borderline paranoid to me.

  22. #1322
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474952
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabei View Post
    It is horrible, you can't be yourself, you can't express rational thoughts because of the cray cray right wingers. :(
    I'm so sorry, dude. I can't imagine.

    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    The question is pointless. It's not going to change anyone from not wanting or understanding the legal ownership of guns.

    Nor is the whole debate going to stop crazy people from being fucking evil.
    I disagree. I believe people can be reasoned with to the point they don't want to hoard weapons of mass destruction (which is what they are).

    And ironically, if they cannot be, they probably shouldn't have them anyway.

    Crazy people can be evil, but I feel a lot better if the most dangerous thing they can get can be found in a hardware store.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 12-17-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  23. #1323
    Senior Member Harlette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    5,507
    Rep Power
    21474849
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    Have the police said that Adam went to that school?
    they said he did attend for a while but there was some disagreement w/ the school and the mom about the path the school wanted to take so she pulled him out and home schooled him, but have never given any details about exactly what the disagreement was

  24. #1324
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474952
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    A lot of the gun owners I have met (and there have been a lot given that I live in the south), seem borderline paranoid to me.
    They almost ALWAYS ask what are you going to do when someone kicks in your door to tie you up. Like this is going to happen to EVERYONE at some point.

    There's a difference between caution and paranoia. Being wary is different than expecting the inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  25. #1325
    Senior Member kevansvault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Posts
    4,564
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    I have a question for the gun owners that say they have them for defense.

    If your guns are locked up safely, and I am assuming the ammo would not be loaded, how is that really going to protect you against a person breaking into your house and attacking you? Are you assuming you will have time to get the gun out of its protective spot, load it, and then defend yourself?

    I am honestly curious about this. If I were wanting to be ready to defend myself, I would want something within arm's reach,.
    I guess it depends on the type of gun you're talking about. For some handguns, separating a loaded clip from a gun is easy enough, keeping both secure but reachable. Same is true for rifles. Revolvers, not so much, unless you keep the bullets in a speedloader separate from the gun but again, somewhere accessible. You can always tape it to the back of the headboard, or the back of the mattress. And for many gun owners the first instinct when confronted with situations, they call 911. Some pull a Scooby Doo and investigate (I do, because hearing noises doesn't scare me but it does make me angry as hell) It's easier for me with knives, they're silent, easily concealed and just as deadly...can't say that for a 12 gauge. Part of it is a keen sense of what's going on around you. You know if someone's digging around in your kitchen and there are no lights on then it's probably not the kids. Mine will turn every light on at 0200 just to take a piss, and that's fine.

    Some people, myself included, get the shakes when things like this happens, and it can make loading a weapon a challenge (again, why I prefer knives). The true test of firearms is the ability to perform under pressure and that takes training, practice, more training, more practice, and still you may not be able to effectively defend yourself. Take any story about police officers being ambushed and shot and my case is made, like the ones at the movie theater here in Texas a few days ago.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •