Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3340

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre in Newtown, Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    no they were trying to say were the kids targeted.
    Oh, horseshit. really reaching here. And who is this 'they'? The media? Yeah, they're trying to come up with any theory that makes you read one website over another.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    did anything else come out about how he had argued with teachers the day before.
    I dont think there was a true target, he literally killed an entire classroom and part of another class - i think the entire school was a target. he had more than enough ammo to finish them all.
    i hope that those hard drives were not actually destroyed and can be salvaged.

i haven't heard anything else about what they were arguing about.
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Oh, horseshit. really reaching here. And who is this 'they'? The media? Yeah, they're trying to come up with any theory that makes you read one website over another.
    It's a small area, so there's gonna be a bunch of people coming forward with stories and "facts."

"We played volleyball together once, so I know how he moves and thinks."
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I have a question for the gun owners that say they have them for defense.

If your guns are locked up safely, and I am assuming the ammo would not be loaded, how is that really going to protect you against a person breaking into your house and attacking you? Are you assuming you will have time to get the gun out of its protective spot, load it, and then defend yourself?

I am honestly curious about this. If I were wanting to be ready to defend myself, I would want something within arm's reach,.

I don't think it's too hard to figure out that if put in a life or death situation you are going to go for the first thing to defend yourself.

If that is your kitchen knife.. best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Well, I'm not going to have a gun in my nightstand drawer. I guess I'm fucked.

You asked a pretty naive question, I am not trying to say you need a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I don't think it's too hard to figure out that if put in a life or death situation you are going to go for the first thing to defend yourself.

If that is your kitchen knife.. best of luck.
    This isn't everyone. Have you ever heard the term "fight or flight"?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    Well, I'm not going to have a gun in my nightstand drawer. I guess I'm fucked.
    Millions are.

I don't like guns. It takes a split second to kill someone, it's a lot harder to kill someone with any other weapon. Just my opinion but I would not have one in my house. Guns scare the crap out of me.

You asked a pretty naive question, I am not trying to say you need a gun.
    Maybe to you. We're really confused by a lot of this shit. We're not kidding or trolling. I can only really speak for myself, all my questions are totally legit.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    I don't like guns. It takes a split second to kill someone, it's a lot harder to kill someone with any other weapon. Just my opinion but I would not have one in my house. Guns scare the crap out of me.
    Isn't this why gun people have them? But then it's weird that they scare us?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    This isn't everyone. Have you ever heard the term "fight or flight"?

Millions are.
    Yes. Some have the initial fight mentality, others go for the flight. I am totally failing to see where this is confusing.

If your guns are locked up safely, and I am assuming the ammo would not be loaded, how is that really going to protect you against a person breaking into your house and attacking you? Are you assuming you will have time to get the gun out of its protective spot, load it, and then defend yourself?

I am honestly curious about this. If I were wanting to be ready to defend myself, I would want something within arm's reach,.
    I am with you on this one. You can't say they are for defense if they are locked up.

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    did anything else come out about how he had argued with teachers the day before.
    I dont think there was a true target, he literally killed an entire classroom and part of another class - i think the entire school was a target. he had more than enough ammo to finish them all.
    i hope that those hard drives were not actually destroyed and can be salvaged.
    cnn said that turned out to be false report of him having an arguement at the school -

Maybe to you. We're really confused by a lot of this shit. We're not kidding or trolling. I can only really speak for myself, all my questions are totally legit.

Isn't this why gun people have them? But then it's weird that they scare us?
    I mean, we could go down the list of history lessons which brought us as a nation to the conclusion that we have the right to bear arms. Is the answer really that unbelievable?

And I am not trying to be a bitch, I am just saying that if the question is where is my gun in relation to a break in.. yeah that info will not be privvy to you or anyone else because I am a responsible gun owner.

Have the police said that Adam went to that school?

You poor dear.

What's it like? I know McMama is in a similar situation. I figure it's like living in an asylum. Am I close?
    It is horrible, you can't be yourself, you can't express rational thoughts because of the cray cray right wingers. :(

Quote Originally Posted by krazegirl View Post
    I am with you on this one. You can't say they are for defense if they are locked up.
    Yes, this is what I was trying to say, but you said it better. lol

I don't understand how someone can say they are for defense when they are locked up to where it is near impossible to get to in a moment of crisis.

The question is pointless. It's not going to change anyone from not wanting or understanding the legal ownership of guns.

Nor is the whole debate going to stop crazy people from being fucking evil.

I mean, we could go down the list of history lessons which brought us as a nation to the conclusion that we have the right to bear arms. Is the answer really that unbelievable?

And I am not trying to be a bitch, I am just saying that if the question is where is my gun in relation to a break in.. yeah that info will not be privvy to you or anyone else because I am a responsible gun owner.

This is exactly why I said you guys should stick to the "I'm scared" argument.

Jesus Christ. And I'm a paranoid person who's reacting like this!

Do we have to go down the list of lessons (aka victims) that are bringing us as a nation to the conclusion that a lot of people shouldn't have their guns? Cause it's a long fucking list, and it continues to grow.

Is the answer really that unbelievable?

Well I don't think his mothers guns WERE for defense. If they were, why not have just one? Who has 6 guns for self-defense? Wasn't it just a hobby for her?

A lot of the gun owners I have met (and there have been a lot given that I live in the south), seem borderline paranoid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabei View Post
    It is horrible, you can't be yourself, you can't express rational thoughts because of the cray cray right wingers. :(
    I'm so sorry, dude. I can't imagine.

The question is pointless. It's not going to change anyone from not wanting or understanding the legal ownership of guns.

Nor is the whole debate going to stop crazy people from being fucking evil.
    I disagree. I believe people can be reasoned with to the point they don't want to hoard weapons of mass destruction (which is what they are).

And ironically, if they cannot be, they probably shouldn't have them anyway.

Crazy people can be evil, but I feel a lot better if the most dangerous thing they can get can be found in a hardware store.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 12-17-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    Have the police said that Adam went to that school?
    they said he did attend for a while but there was some disagreement w/ the school and the mom about the path the school wanted to take so she pulled him out and home schooled him, but have never given any details about exactly what the disagreement was

A lot of the gun owners I have met (and there have been a lot given that I live in the south), seem borderline paranoid to me.
    They almost ALWAYS ask what are you going to do when someone kicks in your door to tie you up. Like this is going to happen to EVERYONE at some point.

There's a difference between caution and paranoia. Being wary is different than expecting the inevitable.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

I guess it depends on the type of gun you're talking about. For some handguns, separating a loaded clip from a gun is easy enough, keeping both secure but reachable. Same is true for rifles. Revolvers, not so much, unless you keep the bullets in a speedloader separate from the gun but again, somewhere accessible. You can always tape it to the back of the headboard, or the back of the mattress. And for many gun owners the first instinct when confronted with situations, they call 911. Some pull a Scooby Doo and investigate (I do, because hearing noises doesn't scare me but it does make me angry as hell) It's easier for me with knives, they're silent, easily concealed and just as deadly...can't say that for a 12 gauge. Part of it is a keen sense of what's going on around you. You know if someone's digging around in your kitchen and there are no lights on then it's probably not the kids. Mine will turn every light on at 0200 just to take a piss, and that's fine.

Some people, myself included, get the shakes when things like this happens, and it can make loading a weapon a challenge (again, why I prefer knives). The true test of firearms is the ability to perform under pressure and that takes training, practice, more training, more practice, and still you may not be able to effectively defend yourself. Take any story about police officers being ambushed and shot and my case is made, like the ones at the movie theater here in Texas a few days ago.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information