Page 52 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3340

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre in Newtown, Connecticut

and so it begins:
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...bill/?on.cnn=1

dont worry, there will still be 900 weapons to choose from

Ok, I'm not caught up at all, but I have to chime in here.

1st. I play video games. I play violent video games. Video games don't teach people how to kill. They don't make people killers. However, I have a 4 year old. She's never seen GTA or Batman Arkham Asylum. She 'helps' me play Super Mario or I help her play Toy Story. She doesn't even watch movies with a lot of violence. Why? Because I'm a responsible parent. I make sure she's not exposed to themes too mature for a 4 year old.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled thread. I had to pick my daughter up early Friday and hold her. I feel so bad for those parents. I don't ever want to know what that's like.

2nd. I'm from the South. Born here, raised here. I don't own a gun. I'm not a gun nut. I don't hunt. My neck is not red. I vote liberal. I'm educated. I certainly don't want to repeal the 2nd Amendment. I'd just like to go on record as saying that all those of us who live in the south are not right wing.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bayoupup View Post
    Ok, I'm not caught up at all, but I have to chime in here.

1st. I play video games. I play violent video games. Video games don't teach people how to kill. They don't make people killers. However, I have a 4 year old. She's never seen GTA or Batman Arkham Asylum. She 'helps' me play Super Mario or I help her play Toy Story. She doesn't even watch movies with a lot of violence. Why? Because I'm a responsible parent. I make sure she's not exposed to themes too mature for a 4 year old.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled thread. I had to pick my daughter up early Friday and hold her. I feel so bad for those parents. I don't ever want to know what that's like.

2nd. I'm from the South. Born here, raised here. I don't own a gun. I'm not a gun nut. I don't hunt. My neck is not red. I vote liberal. I'm educated. I certainly don't want to repeal the 2nd Amendment. I'd just like to go on record as saying that all those of us who live in the south are not right wing.
    You poor dear.

What's it like? I know McMama is in a similar situation. I figure it's like living in an asylum. Am I close?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    has the father spoken up? can he provide insight? or even the brother?
    I know that it is personal business, but it would be nice to know why they havent spoken or had contact with the brother is so long.
    this is the only thing he said so far.

Conn. shooting suspect Adam Lanza's father: 'We too are asking why'

The father of the suspected Newtown gunman spoke out late Saturday as he and his family struggle to come to grips with the horrific events at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Peter Lanza said in a statement that "our family is grieving along with all those who have been affected by this enormous tragedy."

Investigators are trying to learn more about Lanza's son, 20-year-old gunman Adam Lanza, who gunned down six women and 20 children at a Newtown elementary school. They've questioned his older brother, who's not believed to have been involved in the rampage.

The statement said: "No words can truly express how heartbroken we are," adding that relatives are "in a state of disbelief and trying to find whatever answers we can."

"We too are asking why. We have cooperated fully with law enforcement and will continue to do so. Like so many of you, we are saddened, but struggling to make sense of what has transpired.?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...sking-why?lite
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

Dude, there are a lot of awesome places in the South. I'm telling you, Pennsylvania is way more hillbilly.

Nancy Lanza had custody of Conn. shooter Adam Lanza

NEWTOWN, Conn. — When Nancy and Peter Lanza divorced three years ago, Nancy Lanza got more than $200,000 a year in alimony and primary custody of the teenage son who last week committed one of the most gruesome crimes in U.S. history.

Adam Lanza, now 20, fatally shot his mother on Friday before going to Sandy Hook Elementary School and killing 20 children and six adults. Adam Lanza fatally shot himself as police closed in.

Nancy Lanza filed for divorce Dec. 9, 2008 in Stamford, Conn., saying "the marriage has broken down irretrievably and there is no possibility of getting back together." The couple had already separated and Peter Lanza was living in an apartment in downtown Stamford.

Nancy Jean Champion and Peter John Lanza married June 6, 1981 in Kingston, New Hampshire. Their oldest son, Ryan John Lanza, was born seven years later on April 10, 1988.

Adam Peter Lanza was born April 22, 1992.

In the divorce, Nancy Lanza asked for a fair division of property, alimony, child support, support for the boys' college education and joint legal custody. The divorce became final on Sept. 23, 2009.

Peter Lanza has since married a university librarian and lives in Stamford.

The couple agreed that Adam Lanza, then 16, would live primarily with his mother, but that his father would have "liberal visitation and vacations." Court papers indicate Adam had lived in Sandy Hook since birth,

At the time, Peter Lanza earned $8,556 a week. Lanza agreed to pay annual alimony in 2010 of $240,000 with increases each year. In 2012, Lanza paid his ex-wife $289,800. After 2016, Nancy Lanza would get annual cost of living increases based on the 2015 alimony payment of $298,000 a year until Peter Lanza retires.

Peter Lanza agreed to pay the entire cost of his sons' college and graduate school education. In addition to college expanses, Peter Lanza also agreed to provide a car for Adam. Nancy Lanza would cover insurance and maintenance.

The couple agreed to divide their season tickets to the Red Sox with Nancy Lanza having the two tickets for five games on odd years and four games on even years.

Peter Lanza transferred ownership of their Yogananda Street house to Nancy Lanza. The court instructed Nancy Lanza to either sell or refinance the mortgage so that her husband is no longer liable for it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...lanza/1774611/

Dude, there are a lot of awesome places in the South. I'm telling you, Pennsylvania is way more hillbilly.
    Oh, I know that.

The only place that sounds appealing is Austin, and it's still hot as shit so I'm not interested in visiting.

I too am a lefty in the south. Not born and raised though, re-plant from NY, so I guess I don't count. Although growing up in upstate NY there were WAY more rednecks and hillbillies there than here in Raleigh.

And about the video games, I really hope this doesn't become a "he played violent video games which is what made him kill" bs excuse. The one article said he was "obsessed" with them. Whether that's true or not, I don't think any logical parent (with a houseful of guns and ammo) would let their unstable son have access to this arsenal of weapons if he was truly "obsessed" with them. And clearly he had access. Loving mother or not, this was a major parenting fail.

Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    NEWTOWN, Conn. — When Nancy and Peter Lanza divorced three years ago, Nancy Lanza got more than $200,000 a year in alimony and primary custody of the teenage son who last week committed one of the most gruesome crimes in U.S. history.

At the time, Peter Lanza earned $8,556 a week. Lanza agreed to pay annual alimony in 2010 of $240,000 with increases each year. In 2012, Lanza paid his ex-wife $289,800. After 2016, Nancy Lanza would get annual cost of living increases based on the 2015 alimony payment of $298,000 a year until Peter Lanza retires.

Peter Lanza agreed to pay the entire cost of his sons' college and graduate school education. In addition to college expanses, Peter Lanza also agreed to provide a car for Adam. Nancy Lanza would cover insurance and maintenance.
    Wow, I guess we can STFU about health care now. These guys weren't struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I too am a lefty in the south. Not born and raised though, re-plant from NY, so I guess I don't count. Although growing up in upstate NY there were WAY more rednecks and hillbillies there than here in Raleigh.

And about the video games, I really hope this doesn't become a "he played violent video games which is what made him kill" bs excuse. The one article said he was "obsessed" with them. Whether that's true or not, I don't think any logical parent (with a houseful of guns and ammo) would let their unstable son have access to this arsenal of weapons if he was truly "obsessed" with them. And clearly he had access. Loving mother or not, this was a major parenting fail.
    Exactly. When someone hears this story and their first thought it that the videos games shouldn't have been in the house, I just don't get how their brain works.

And when I say "the south" upstate NY is included in that shit. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Oh, I know that.

The only place that sounds appealing is Austin, and it's still hot as shit so I'm not interested in visiting.
    what? New Orleans is a thousand times more interesting and fun.

And hot. But I guess that's another one. Isn't it mad ghetto?

No. Like any city, it depends on what neighborhood you go to. It's a beautiful city.

4 of the victims lived a mile away from where he lived.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Part of it, but it adds to the charm. That sounds so patronizing, but it's true. God, I love that city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

See, I really enjoyed New Orleans.

When I say "the south", I mean the southeast. The place where I live and want to move far away from. I enjoyed living in Texas and I especially loved living in Florida. None of the other souths can compare to this backwoods, hillbilly-type south.

4 of the victims lived a mile away from where he lived.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
    this shouldnt surprise anyone - they are all from the same town - there was a story about how the parents of one of the victims can see Adam's house from their bedroom window. - it just a block over.

Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post

When I say "the south", I mean the southeast. The place where I live and want to move far away from. I enjoyed living in Texas and I especially loved living in Florida. None of the other souths can compare to this backwoods, hillbilly-type south.
    Said no one ever hahahaha.

No. Like any city, it depends on what neighborhood you go to. It's a beautiful city.
    I dunno. Maybe some winter I'\d consider it. I used to think I need to overcome my fear of the south, but there's no reason to. It's not like I got traded to the Marlins, or my fiancee's family is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Part of it, but it adds to the charm. That sounds so patronizing, but it's true. God, I love that city.
    Well you're not a crazy, but you do like hot weather. Conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post

Yea, that's my impression of most of it. Backwoods.

Wait, him living close to the victims is news? CT is like 5 miles wide. WTF. Everyone in CT lives close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    this shouldnt surprise anyone - they are all from the same town - there was a story about how the parents of one of the victims can see Adam's house from their bedroom window. - it just a block over.
    Right? WTF? They are reaching now. But I guess they're excited they have something factual.

I didn't say it.

I dunno. Maybe some winter I'\d consider it. I used to think I need to overcome my fear of the south, but there's no reason to. It's not like I got traded to the Marlins, or my fiancee's family is there.

Well you're not a crazy, but you do like hot weather. Conflict.

Yea, that's my impression of most of it. Backwoods.

Wait, him living close to the victims is news? CT is like 5 miles wide. WTF. Everyone in CT lives close to each other.
    no they were trying to say were the kids targeted.

no they were trying to say were the kids targeted.

What, did they owe him money? Fuck his ex? I'd believe he had a grudge with some parents first.

What, did they owe him money? Fuck his ex? I'd believe he had a grudge with some parents first.
    you would think so,i don't know where they got that idea from.

I like Florida. I have no shame. Life was much better there, as opposed to how things are now and how they were when we lived in North Dakota.

did anything else come out about how he had argued with teachers the day before.
    I dont think there was a true target, he literally killed an entire classroom and part of another class - i think the entire school was a target. he had more than enough ammo to finish them all.
    i hope that those hard drives were not actually destroyed and can be salvaged.

Thread Information