Page 35 of 134 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre in Newtown, Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by blu View Post
    Interesting.
    Will people start selling underground for more dough though?
    well they already do that. but if guns can be traced back to certain owners like cars, then maybe it would deter stealing them - or they can be reported if stolen.

plus, this wouldnt STOP mass shootings - but shit, we have had 4 since july. im hoping something could be done so its not so freaking easy.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...468,full.story

Warning, may be upsetting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    well they already do that. but if guns can be traced back to certain owners like cars, then maybe it would deter stealing them - or they can be reported if stolen.

plus, this wouldnt STOP mass shootings - but shit, we have had 4 since july. im hoping something could be done so its not so freaking easy.

Some criminals don't get cars in their names, they get them in their law abiding relatives names. Haven't you seen Good Fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by blu View Post
    Interesting.
    Will people start selling underground for more dough though?

I like the buy back idea. I really do. Maybe if something like that were available everywhere as well as better regulation, its a start. We have to start somewhere. Maybe by the time it is under control my great grand kids would live a safer life.
    idk we do buy backs here in cali - but we screw every thing up here - most of the guns are always traced back to unsolved crimes, but part of the buy back deal is that no one has to give their name or can be held responsible if it was used in a crime so they can't use to solve anything- then they boast how they can just get another one the next day

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    This was about the Colorado shooting, but I believe it applies here as well.

A madman strikes and because there is no hint of terrorism, there is no hint of terror -- and none of the outraged cries for stricter safety measures to prevent future incidents.

Let's face it, because a clearly deranged passenger tried to set off a shoe-bomb on a flight to Detroit, we have to take our shoes off before we board a flight.

That was terrorism.

But a loner in Colorado can build up a lethal arsenal by surfing the Internet -- even have a military-grade flak jacket rush-shipped to him -- and Congress merely expresses regrets.

Because of our fear of terrorism we go through metal detectors at public buildings, allow revealing full-body scans at airports, and have tamper-proof seals to alert us on everything from Tylenol to yogurt.

But preventing someone from buying a 100-round magazine for an assault rifle -- or at least alerting authorities that they have -- sends up screams of indignation from people claiming to defend our Second Amendment rights.
    A-fucking-men.

Unless you're facing the zombie fuckin apocalypse, there's no reason why you need the right to own anything stronger than a pistol or rifle.

With all these people defending their right to protect themselves by having/carrying a gun, you sure as hell never hear of a hero blasting away the assfucks who pull this shit. Ever. This has now recently happened in a theatre, a mall, a school.. All very public areas.

People want to own the idea that they have the power to cowboy-up, but they've never actually been in a high-stress situation. Then something happens and they hit the floor like everyone else, because they don't have the training.

Now our state has an asshole governor who's talking about letting any asshole take a gun almost anywhere - concerts, malls, anything.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Some criminals don't get cars in their names, they get them in their law abiding relatives names. Haven't you seen Good Fellas!
    It's still a hoop to jump through. I don't see why there's something wrong with attempting to make things more difficult.

It's a God damn killing machine, why are some people so blase about them? They terrify me because they kill people easily. I don't see how I'm the wrong one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    i freaking love goodfellas!! listen, what i am saying is that this is not going to stop ALL mass shootings. but it make it just a llittle more complicated to pull off.

i freaking love goodfellas!! listen, what i am saying is that this is not going to stop ALL mass shootings. but it make it just a llittle more complicated to pull off.
    It's on TV right nao. But it's almost over.

It's still a hoop to jump through. I don't see why there's something wrong with attempting to make things more difficult.

It's a God damn killing machine, why are some people so blase about them? They terrify me because they kill people easily. I don't see how I'm the wrong one.
    you aren't wrong - there needs to be a psych eval and stronger laws to be able to own a weapon - and no one needs any lind of semi automatic weapon unless they are fighting in afganastan, but they also have to start taking care of the mentally ill way better in our country - and we haven't even gotten to the violent video games that desensitized especially mentally unstable children

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    That's very upsetting to read but in it, it says that some of Vicky Soto's students were shot when they tried to flee and the ones in the closet survived. Can you imagine what nightmares those babies are going to have?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    you aren't wrong - there needs to be a psych eval and stronger laws to be able to own a weapon - and no one needs any lind of semi automatic weapon unless they are fighting in afganastan, but they also have to start taking care of the mentally ill way better in our country - and we haven't even gotten to the violent video games that desensitized especially mentally unstable children
    DO NOT mess with my Call of Duty or Halo damn it. I HAVE RIGHTS TO DESTRESS BY PWNING SOME NOOBS!!!

(sorry, just pretending to be a gun nut, as a video game nut, something i REALLY care about)

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatality View Post
    That's very upsetting to read but in it, it says that some of Vicky Soto's students were shot when they tried to flee and the ones in the closet survived. Can you imagine what nightmares those babies are going to have?
    yea, thats where i had to stop reading.

that part of the story sucked. I cant imagine those babies in the closet. I wonder if he killed her first or if she saw them run and get gunned down. I would fucking die just from seeing that.

DO NOT mess with my Call of Duty or Halo damn it. I HAVE RIGHTS TO DESTRESS BY PWNING SOME NOOBS!!!

(sorry, just pretending to be a gun nut, as a video game nut, something i REALLY care about)

I'm not arguing who's wrong or right and I don't have anything against making the process harder, at all. We have to show ID to buy Sudafed and it has to be bought at the pharmacy counter, so I guess I don't see anything wrong for a tighter process to purchase a fire arm.

I love that movie, too! I've read a crap ton of stuff about Henry Hill. I get what you are saying. I don't mind a more stricter process.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Since I'm mexican and I'm married to an american (we are living in Mexico), in this sad cases we always talk about the differences between both gun laws. Here in Mx every mexican citizen has the right to own a gun but just for the protection of their family and their property as long the caliber it is not exclusively for the use of the armed forces. The guns we can own are the caliber 380, 32, 25 y 22, BUT not because you want to have a gun in your house for your protection means that you can get one, if you want to buy one you have to ask authorization to the army sending them letters whith proofs that you have a legal job, a medical certificate saying you are not mentally unstable and a letter that explains why do think you need a gun (in some cases you add the police reports if you had a death threat), after the long process they usually deny your license, unless you are a politician or somebody with good relations with people that works for the government lol. If you are lucky to get the license but you make the mistake to carry a gun outside your house and the police finds out, you go directly to prison. The mexican army has the "food/cash for guns" program, where you can trade your guns...

Before the drug cartels war, we didn't hear about mass shootings like we do now, but rarely in those shootings innocent people die. The bad thing now is that civilians are getting guns illegally because of this, so the amount of armed robberies and murders had increased in the last years. I have heard a lot of people saying that they would like our gun law to be flexible like in the US.

Sorry for my english, but I'm not goot at English grammar lol, I'm still learning.

Whoa..whoa...whoa...I was with you until that. Video games don't make sociopaths, it just gives them a safe way to practice.
    I'm a sane person, so no amount of gaming is going to get me to do this shit.

I've beaten thousands of hookers to death in GTA. In real life: 0

I mah guns. Even the assault rifle. And I wouldn't pass a psych evaluation

Cars are killing machines. We should make them harder to get too. How many threads is Ron bitching about guns in now? Or cops?

Quote Originally Posted by BLue View Post
    Since I'm mexican and I'm married to an american (we are living in Mexico), in this sad cases we always talk about the differences between both gun laws. Here in Mx every mexican citizen has the right to own a gun but just for the protection of their family and their property as long the caliber it is not exclusively for the use of the armed forces. The guns we can own are the caliber 380, 32, 25 y 22, BUT not because you want to have a gun in your house for your protection means that you can get one, if you want to buy one you have to ask authorization to the army sending them letters whith proofs that you have a legal job, a medical certificate saying you are not mentally unstable and a letter that explains why do think you need a gun (in some cases you add the police reports if you had a death threat), after the long process they usually deny your license, unless you are a politician or somebody with good relations with people that works for the government lol. If you are lucky to get the license but you make the mistake to carry a gun outside your house and the police finds out, you go directly to prison. The mexican army has the "food/cash for guns" program, where you can trade your guns...

Before the drug cartels war, we didn't hear about mass shootings like we do now, but rarely in those shootings innocent people die. The bad thing now is that civilians are getting guns illegally because of this, so the amount of armed robberies and murders had increased in the last years. I have heard a lot of people saying that they would like our gun law to be flexible like in the US.

Sorry for my english, but I'm not goot at English grammar lol, I'm still learning.
    you know, i was wondering about mexico. thanks for sharing!

Whoa..whoa...whoa...I was with you until that. Video games don't make sociopaths, it just gives them a safe way to practice.

how old were you when you started playing them?? i see kids that are 5 and 6 years old playing violent games - thats the part i don't agree w/

you know, i was wondering about mexico. thanks for sharing!
    Your welcome!

Here the law was so restricted that you could see some police officers with pepper spray and revolvers lol, since the cartel members outgunned them, they had allow them to use M-15, that's a little help now, since they carry rocket launchers and grenades sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by BLue View Post
    Your welcome!
    I meant "you are welcome" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    I mah guns. Even the assault rifle. And I wouldn't pass a psych evaluation

Cars are killing machines. We should make them harder to get too. How many threads is Ron bitching about guns in now? Or cops?
    Shut the fuck up. Seriously, this is so stupid I feel embarrassed for people when they say it.

Haha, that was my reaction before I even got to the rest of this post. As many threads as possible.
    They are things I hate, yo.

how old were you when you started playing them?? i see kids that are 5 and 6 years old playing violent games - thats the part i don't agree w/
    I'm 36. Those games weren't even around when I was a kid. I was playing Superman and E.T. on Atari and shit. Dragon's Lair and Kung Fu (oh, Karatka) were as crazy as it got.

And I HATE when people attack the companies over kids playing violent video games. How many 6-year olds are working a job and buying their own $60 fucking video games?? As usual, it's the parents who are to blame.

Rude

I don't know what connection video games have to murderers factually speaking, but if you notice most of these school shooting and mass murders come from a child or young adult gamer. Even the dude in this shooting was a gamer.

Thread Information