Page 34 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre in Newtown, Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    The only reason it really angers me, is that because of all the gun nuts and thugs, when cops stop me they have probable cause to shoot cause I "may have a weapon" even though I've never held a gun in my life. It's not fucking fair.
    why would you say they would have probable cause???

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    Oh my. You're not kidding, are you?

I mean, they would think I was "reaching for a gun" and light me up like Christmas tree. It's not a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    he's black.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    um anyone hear that there was another shooting this morning in Birmingham, Alabama?
    http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/12/...gunman_ac.html

no one was killed, but three people shot and then the gunman was shot to death by the cops.

ETA: this time it was a hospital - METAL DETECTORS IN HOSPITALS!!!!

I didn't see where it said there were metal detectors. The two hospitals near me don't have any metal detectors or anything that prevents someone from walking in the front or ER doors. Not that metal detectors would make a difference anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I didn't see where it said there were metal detectors. The two hospitals near me don't have any metal detectors or anything that prevents someone from walking in the front or ER doors. Not that metal detectors would make a difference anyway.
    They make a huge difference. They let me know no one inside is armed.

Nancy Lanza was a legal gun owner, well trained, and permitted. How did she come out?

I agree there needs to be more gun control. I admit, I carry. My job takes me into high risk areas. I wish I did not have to feel the need to pack. I wish we could rewind time and never let the guns become so abundant in this country. There is no going back at this point, though.

I do not know what the answer is. I do know that my facebook feed has people wanting to require teachers to be armed. Um.....no. That is not the right answer.

We are living in desperate times. Depression is on the rise. I feel we will see much more of these "infamous" type murder/suicides.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by blu View Post
    Nancy Lanza was a legal gun owner, well trained, and permitted. How did she come out?

I agree there needs to be more gun control. I admit, I carry. My job takes me into high risk areas. I wish I did not have to feel the need to pack. I wish we could rewind time and never let the guns become so abundant in this country. There is no going back at this point, though.

I do not know what the answer is. I do know that my facebook feed has people wanting to require teachers to be armed. Um.....no. That is not the right answer.

We are living in desperate times. Depression is on the rise. I feel we will see much more of these "infamous" type murder/suicides.

Sigh.
    The south is SO weird.

So what do you think about this...? If you were up here, your gun would be illegal. Would you still take it with you? People have your job here and manage to do it without a firearm. I'm not being a smart ass, I'm asking your honest opinion.

LOL and i was saying now theyre going to want metal detectors in hospitals, which is absolutely insane because who wants to get on a line to go through a metal detector when you need to go to the ER or for surgery ect.
    Think of the wheelchairs, and stretchers, the equipment,.. ect.

people are really debating on whether or not obama was really crying? seriously? so stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    people are really debating on whether or not obama was really crying? seriously? so stupid.
    The racists wont let that nigga breathe for five fucking minutes.

Sigh.
    but one of the requirements should be that if you are going to buy a gun, there should be somekind of background for all the people in your household. when i get insurance for my car, if i use my mom's address, they see right away that there are two other licensed drivers in my household - they ask questions about whether they are going to drive my car and basically assume they are and there is a higher rate charged.

so if this kid had some kind of mental history, then it would be a red flag, and she wouldnt be allowed to have guns. i do understand that she could have had those guns for years, and the kid grows up, and does this - but then, that would be the renewal process that would hopefully catch it,... and maybe hold her guns until he moves out or something.

The racists wont let that nigga breathe for five fucking minutes.
    fucking ron
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

but one of the requirements should be that if you are going to buy a gun, there should be somekind of background for all the people in your household. when i get insurance for my car, if i use my mom's address, they see right away that there are two other licensed drivers in my household - they ask questions about whether they are going to drive my car and basically assume they are and there is a higher rate charged.

so if this kid had some kind of mental history, then it would be a red flag, and she wouldnt be allowed to have guns. i do understand that she could have had those guns for years, and the kid grows up, and does this - but then, that would be the renewal process that would hopefully catch it,... and maybe hold her guns until he moves out or something.
    IT'S HER RIGHT AS AN AMERICAN!! STOP TRYING TO TAKE HER GUNS AWAY!

FROM HER COLD DEAD HANDS!!! Oh, wait.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    fucking ron
    Yo, seriously. They'll bitch about his tie if there's nothing to bitch about. Some will slip and say something about his lips, then say they only hate his policies, not his race.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i've been keeping up with the thread more than the news. i don't wanna turn on my tv.

i've been thinking a lot about the gun debate and i see where making the licensing of a gun more in line with that of a car. i see some flaws there though, if your license or tags are expired you have to be actively breaking the law to get caught. there would have to be follow up in order for that to work for guns. that would be expensive. states should pay for it not the feds, imo.

maybe in addition to making it harder for people to buy guns we also make it harder for people to sell guns. who knows what kind of nut jobs are out there with a license to sell. i'm sure a lot of the shops are lax. i've never purchased a gun. i've seen the paper work to buy one, but never knew of anyone having any mental health eval. i know my cousin didn't have one or they never would have sold him a handgun. reminds me of 'bowling for columbine' when he opens up a bank account and gets a free gun.

i could have quoted a million posts. glasshat said something a few pages back. just because you don't fit into a political mold doesn't mean you shouldn't be running for office. it probably means you should be, imo. we need to rock the boat.
    Well, hey, I'm with that then. I'm all about rocking the boat!

LOL and i was saying now theyre going to want metal detectors in hospitals, which is absolutely insane because who wants to get on a line to go through a metal detector when you need to go to the ER or for surgery ect.
    Think of the wheelchairs, and stretchers, the equipment,.. ect.
    The level 1 trauma center about an hour away has metal detectors for the ambulatory ER door, but not the main hospital lobby door. The main lobby is ridiculously busy, too. People all over the place. There are couches out there, too, with people laying all over. A nutjob could easily get in and hurt a bunch of people right there in the lobby, or they could go around the corner and blow through a ton of people at the small cafe.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

The level 1 trauma center about an hour away has metal detectors for the ambulatory ER door, but not the main hospital lobby door. The main lobby is ridiculously busy, too. People all over the place. There are couches out there, too, with people laying all over. A nutjob could easily get in and hurt a bunch of people right there in the lobby, or they could go around the corner and blow through a ton of people at the small cafe.
    really? for what reason do they have metal detectors? i could imagine how annoying that would be with all the metal that goes in and out of hospitals.

No, Ron. I would never carry illegally. I do not carry it every day here. I am actually not sure why I carry it because I do not think I could actually shoot someone. At least not with the intent to kill them. Maybe, in my head, I think if Ihad to show it, hopefully the person would leave me alone. I dunno. It also makes my husband feel more comfortable with me doing the job I do.

I'm not sure I could do this job there. I am very uncomfortable traveling in unfamiliar territory. I panic when I feel lost. Here I know my way around my region.

I just don't know.

really? for what reason do they have metal detectors? i could imagine how annoying that would be with all the metal that goes in and out of hospitals.
    Are they even turned on?

No, Ron. I would never carry illegally. I do not carry it every day here. I am actually not sure why I carry it because I do not think I could actually shoot someone. At least not with the intent to kill them. Maybe, in my head, I think if Ihad to show it, hopefully the person would leave me alone. I dunno. It also makes my husband feel more comfortable with me doing the job I do.

I'm not sure I could do this job there. I am very uncomfortable traveling in unfamiliar territory. I panic when I feel lost. Here I know my way around my region.

I just don't know.
    Yea, I was asking you about it before, but I fucking loathe driving, and I'm pretty sure you'd have to drive unless you're strictly working in Manhattan.

God, I can't imagine handing my chick a weapon and sending her out. My ex is European so she hates guns more than me if that were possible.

Well, I guess it's because there have been several shootings right outside of the ER (ambulatory)doors. It's just like the airport. I went through with sweatpants (gasp) and the thing went off. I had to go back through it and it went off again. The security officer got the wand and we finally figured out it was the zippers on the side of my pants (they were the sweatpants that you can slip over shoes). All the while I was coughing up blood into tissues.

Sounds like a good plan zomy. Zomy for office!
    There is still the question of the illegally obtained/carried guns. The bad guys aren't going to give them up. I think there would be more illegal carrying.

There is still the question of the illegally obtained/carried guns. The bad guys aren't going to give them up. I think there would be more illegal carrying.
    thats what scarces me - there is sooo much violence even beyond the border towns w/ the drug smugglers and it would just be opening a new money making venture for them

you could be right, but maybe if we get started, as time go on, serial numbers to guns would be registered to individuals, and guns would hopefully be more traceable

and there could be a nationwide buy back program.
    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-participants/
    this was today in brooklyn, i get that these guns are worth much more - but if you stole it from someone, and can get money for it, why not - or like a man in the article, he found it in his nephew's drawer and was worried about his intentions.

Harsher penalties for illegal guns sounds like "we're taking your guns" to the nuts. It's so weird.

But if you get pulled over and you have an illegal gun, you're gonna open fire if you're facing that much time.Cop shootings would go through the roof.

Hey, this is a great idea all around now that I think about it.

Interesting.
    Will people start selling underground for more dough though?

I like the buy back idea. I really do. Maybe if something like that were available everywhere as well as better regulation, its a start. We have to start somewhere. Maybe by the time it is under control my great grand kids would live a safer life.

Thread Information