Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skyy Isabelle Fraime (1 mth old) was attacked by 3 ferrets

Skyy Isabelle Fraime (1 mth old) was attacked by 3 ferrets

A one-month-old baby girl has lost up to 25 per cent of her face after being mauled by three pet ferrets at her family's home, police said on Friday.
    Skyy Isabelle Fraime was reportedly placed in a car seat and left on the floor of the dining room at the house in Darby Borough, Pennsylvania, on Thursday while her parents went upstairs.
    A short time later, the family's three ferrets escaped from their nearby cloth-like cage and ran over to the lone infant. They attacked her, sinking their teeth into her lips, nose and other facial areas.
    Skyy was rushed to hospital with serious wounds. Although she is listed as being in a 'stable' condition, she is receiving assistance breathing in intensive care due to the injuries to her nose.

She is also likely to need multiple surgeries in future years to rebuild her face, ABC 6 reported.
    Speaking to the news station, Skyy's father, Burnie Fraime, who is engaged to the baby's mother, Jessica Benales, said: 'I went over to grab the baby... half her face was messed up from the ferrets.'
    On Friday, Darby Police Chief Robert Smythe described the girl's injuries - which occurred at around 3.30pm on Thursday - as 'the worst' he has seen in nearly 45 years working for the force.

?I?ll be 45 years in June in Darby [with the police department], and this is the worst I?ve ever seen,' he told the Delaware County Daily Times. 'I thought I?d seen everything.
    'This child, the center of [her] face is missing. Her nose was gone, [and so was] part of her cheek and part of her lip. I don?t know how much of that got replaced.'
    He added: 'Just imagine that one-month-old baby, that can?t help herself, [and] two or three animals are eating it alive. Imagine the pain.'

At the time of the incident, Mr Fraime and Miss Benales were upstairs at their home in the 300 block of Poplar Street, Mr Smythe said. They reportedly rushed downstairs after hearing loud screaming.
    They found Skyy sporting serious injuries to her face and called 911. The baby was taken to the Children?s Hopsital of Philadelphia, where two stents were immediately inserted into her nose.
    'The ferrets ran when the mom came down,' Mr Smythe Said. '[The baby] had emergency surgery. The last I heard she was in stable [condition], but she was in intensive care.'
    He added that the couple - who have four other young children - are in crisis. They were reportedly clients of Delaware County Child & Youth Services prior to Thursday's tragedy

'The parents, I believe, have problems,' he said. 'They are challenged. They can?t take care of these kids.' The couple's four other children are now in the custody of Child & Youth Services.
    When told about the incident, neighbors in Poplar Street were shocked. Thomas Collins said: 'Oh my god, that's terrible,' while Josephine Pour said: 'It's really shocking to hear stuff like that.'
    Ferrets, which are part of the weasel family, are legal to own as pets in the state of Pennsylvania.
    No charges have yet been filed. An investigation is ongoing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3PjqmVvF8
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just picture it: There's a 1-[month]-old infant laying there and anywhere from one-to-three animals are eating it while the child is still alive and screaming," he said. "Now how long do you think it would take you to get downstairs to your kid?

"Do you think that much flesh would be gone by the time you got down there?"

Smythe described the home, where the parents lived with their five children, as "a house in crisis." He said there was a mite or flea infestation and along with the three ferrets, the family had six cats and two turtles. They'd also recently gotten rid of two aggressive dogs, he said.
    Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...KbYMC32Xd7t.99

Dad's facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/burnie.fraim/photos

Mom's facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/jessie.fraim/photos
    Last edited by bermstalker; 01-24-2015 at 03:09 AM. Reason: added facebook links

One good thing- Mom says she's fixed now, so she can't have anymore babies.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

There are pictures of the baby on both accounts, but I don't feel so good about posting them.

She is a beautiful little baby.

I just can't with these people. UGH. Can you just imagine how long they ignored their screaming baby- long enough for ferrets to eat her face up?

I think mom also had a baby that died in 2012. All her babies were born very close together. She also says that she's bi. Lots of comments about kissing other girls and her husband seems down with that.
    https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...66&oe=55641420
    Last edited by bermstalker; 01-24-2015 at 03:20 AM.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Some choice pics on their facebooks. Kids with forehead bruises, handmade signs claiming "proud bisexuals" and dad and daughter flashing gang signs.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

The Dad kinda makes my blood run cold. 14 kinds of creepy!!

When I was little I saw my uncles ferret run behind a desk, so I thought it would need help getting out. I got stuck behind the desk and the damn thing kept biting me! I know now it's because I cornered it, but it was pretty terrifying at the time.

I wonder what made these ferrets attack. They are usually pretty docile, unless they were starving.

Poor baby her life already sucks and she hasn't been here for that long.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    When I was little I saw my uncles ferret run behind a desk, so I thought it would need help getting out. I got stuck behind the desk and the damn thing kept biting me! I know now it's because I cornered it, but it was pretty terrifying at the time.

I wonder what made these ferrets attack. They are usually pretty docile, unless they were starving.

Poor baby her life already sucks and she hasn't been here for that long.

This was my first thought. Poor baby.

Holy fucking shit. How could they not have heard anything while this was happening? Everyone here who has had a baby knows that high pitched "I'm in pain" scream.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

When it says "they are challenged" does that mean they are mentally challenged, physically challenged or that they just suck at life in general? Poor baby.

DARBY, Pa. (AP) — A Philadelphia-area couple whose pet ferrets attacked their newborn daughter and chewed off parts of her face have been charged with child endangerment.

Court documents show 42-year-old Burnie Fraim and 24-year-old Jessica Benales each face five counts of endangering the welfare of children.

Authorities in Delaware County say the month-old girl was left downstairs in her car seat, where she was attacked by the ferrets. Officials say the ferrets chewed off her nose and part of her cheek and lip.

Court documents indicate the defendants have asked for representation by the county public defender's office. Calls to the office rang unanswered Monday night.

KYW-TV reports Fraim said earlier he didn't believe the Darby couple should face criminal charges.DARBY, Pa. (AP) — A Philadelphia-area couple whose pet ferrets attacked their newborn daughter and chewed off parts of her face have been charged with child endangerment.

Court documents show 42-year-old Burnie Fraim and 24-year-old Jessica Benales each face five counts of endangering the welfare of children.

Authorities in Delaware County say the month-old girl was left downstairs in her car seat, where she was attacked by the ferrets. Officials say the ferrets chewed off her nose and part of her cheek and lip.

Court documents indicate the defendants have asked for representation by the county public defender's office. Calls to the office rang unanswered Monday night.

KYW-TV reports Fraim said earlier he didn't believe the Darby couple should face criminal charges.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    I can almost bet the ferrets were starving.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

42 and 24? With 5 kids....and how long is "after a short while"? I can understand leaving her in car seat if running upstairs to get jacket or keys, and why both of them. Anyone see or read 1984? They both need a cage on their head with a starving ferret having at it.

Baby Left Alone Has Face Chewed Off By Ferrets, Parents Response: ?It Wasn?t Our Fault? (VIDEO)

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/01...r-fault-video/

Police in Delaware County Pennsylvania have launched a formal investigation after a trio of ferrets chewed off the nose, top lip and part of the cheek of a one-month-old baby?s face who had been left unattended by her parents.

?It?s not our fault. We didn?t do it, the animals did it,? says the victim?s father Burnie Fraim.

According to police, Fraim?s fiancee Jessica left their one-month-old daughter strapped to a car seat on the floor of their Darby home while she went upstairs to join the girl?s father in bed. She returned when she heard screaming, to find the baby had been fed upon by the ferrets. When Eye Witness News asked the father what he found, he said:

?The baby looked like, um, like it didn?t have a face.?

The family was already known to the Children and Youth Division prior to the incident, and all five of the couple?s children have special needs. Police say the home wasn?t fit for children.
    While the couple admitted to leaving their one-month-old daughter alone, strapped in a child-seat with animals roaming around her, they claim that criminal charges should not be applied for damage caused by the pets in their absence. Sky News reports the father as saying:

?This little mistake happened. I wish it never did happen, but it happened.?

That ?little mistake? has put their baby in hospital with life-altering injuries ? she will likely be permanently disfigured.

Thankfully, Darby Borough Police Chief, Robert Smythe, felt differently, and took immediate action. Chief Smythe says the couple should be arrested and their children placed in foster care immediately.

?This is the most horrific thing I?ve seen happen to a child in 45-years in this town. These kids need to be protected,? he said.

The story serves as a painful reminder of the unenviable challenge facing child protection services across the country. Chief Smythe?s interview with the Delaware County Daily Times implies the parents had issues which made parenting difficult:

?The parents, I believe, have problems.? he said, adding ?They are challenged. They can?t take care of these kids.?

As repeated budget cuts hit Philadelphia, it is getting harder to provide the oversight, support and timely intervention required to keep children safe.

The infant is now in intensive care, and in a stable condition after emergency reconstructive surgery at Children?s Hospital of Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

He called his baby an "it." Enough said.

OMG, there are so many things about that story that just infuriate me:

1) It *IS* your fault, dumbass!
    2) Did you leave her alone whilst you were shagging your dumbass man? Fuck you. Take her upstairs and keep her close. It's not like she's gonna Instagram that shit.
    3) Yeah. Just as Becoming said. He called her "it".
    4) The children were well known to Children and Youth Division, and yet they were still there. Way to do your jobs!
    5) "Little mistake"? Fuck you sideways with a rotating chainsaw.
    6) The parents are challenged, and yet they're living alone and breeding like rabbits with no intervention.

HURRAY!

ugh. not that I am sticking up for them, but if I admitted to everything I did to my children through their 5 & 6 years, you would call me horrible. My daughter slept in her car seat downstairs for the first 2 months. that's the only way she would sleep through the night, and the only way I wouldn't wake up to her every little grunt and not be able to get back to sleep (she wouldn't sleep in her car seat in any other room either, she was VERY picky...still is). I was raising 4 kids at the time, all under 4, and I was exhausted but couldn't sleep with a new baby. I didn't have pets and I would wake right up to a whine. but I understand leaving the room.

I think what you're describing as far as leaving baby in the car seat to sleep is fine. I've known perfectly normal people who did that. My own babies have napped in car seats and I wasn't in the room the whole time. But these people had pets and LOTS of other older kids running around, so this was not safe in any sense. And I would bet a significant amount of money that they were asleep and that's why it took a bit for her screams to wake them up.

But I think the "it" says it all... He doesn't even think of his child as an actual person.

No way she came downstairs once she heard crying. That poor baby must've been crying for a while before she bothered to even check on her.

I agree with the cop, the kids need to be protected and they are not fit to raise children in a healthy environment.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

All 5 children are "special needs".
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

So the ferrets tested positive for rabies.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Wha???? That is certifiably FUCKED.

Wow. What a shocker.

I just can't with these people!

I'm not sure how they found out so quickly because to test an animal for rabies you remove their head and ship it off to a lab where the brain is thoroughly studied. I thought it took more than a week. This is bad news for the baby if it's true, but I can't find anything to confirm this, just read it on another site.

Ok here the link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...m_hp_ref=crime

The three ferrets tested positive for rabies and were euthanized.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 01-28-2015 at 04:02 PM.

I looked it up, and more than 1 news site said the three tested positive for rabies and were euthanized....but I also thought they had to kill them first to find out if they had it. hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I looked it up, and more than 1 news site said the three tested positive for rabies and were euthanized....but I also thought they had to kill them first to find out if they had it. hmmm.

Could they find out through a blood test on the baby maybe?

According to the CDC:

You can?t tell if an animal has rabies by just looking at it. A clue though is if the animal is acting strangely.
    Some animals may act mad when they have rabies. They will be hostile and may try to bite you or other animals.

So maybe since ferrets aren't usually like that, it was a sign?

Thread Information