Thread: Cannot access site on home PC

Cannot access site on home PC

Any ideas on how I can fix this? When trying to sign on at home I get a message saying I am banned. I emailed and was told it was because I was using AOL and that I was not banned. I tried to sign in and access using Internet explorer and get the same message. However, i can access it from work.If anyone can help me fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!
    The error message I get is
    MzzCat you have been banned from this forum.
    Welcome back to the world of ban!

HELPPPPPPPP!!!
    I went through MDS withdraws all weekend and am so busy at work I don't have time to catch up!
    Sometimes you just gotta say "What the Fuck?!?"

Re: Cannot access site on home PC

Sounds like your ip may be banned for some reason. Trying changing your proxy when you get home. I bet that solves the problem for you. Or send a pm to one of the mods and i'm sure they'll look into it for you.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

I was getting the same message for awhile. Once I deleted my cookies I could sign back in.

I haven't had it since I became premium but, I have no idea if it will return again.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=5751.msg240004#msg240004 date=1174324899]
    Sounds like your ip may be banned for some reason. Trying changing your proxy when you get home. I bet that solves the problem for you. Or send a pm to one of the mods and i'm sure they'll look into it for you.
    [/quote]
    How do I do that? I'm sorry to sound like such a pain. But I am hoping to get some ideas prior to going home from work. I am not able to do ANYTHING on the forum, so I cant PM the moderators or anything. If someone wants take note of my email or drop me an email in case I still have problems after I try both of these suggestions, I could then maybe email and seek more assistance? I dunno! Im lost here. LOL

[quote author=perry link=topic=5751.msg240007#msg240007 date=1174324954]
    I was getting the same message for awhile. Once I deleted my cookies I could sign back in.

I haven't had it since I became premium but, I have no idea if it will return again.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    [/quote]

So should I just try and delete my cookies then? And any help is better than no help!

I had to close the site window and delete the cookies and I could sign back in. The only problem was I would be banned again every once in awhile. It was more of a pain in the ass than anything else.

I will pm you my e-mail address and if deleting your cookies doesn't help. I will see if I can help some other way.

[quote author=MzzCat link=topic=5751.msg240110#msg240110 date=1174329795]
    How do I do that? I'm sorry to sound like such a pain. But I am hoping to get some ideas prior to going home from work. I am not able to do ANYTHING on the forum, so I cant PM the moderators or anything. If someone wants take note of my email or drop me an email in case I still have problems after I try both of these suggestions, I could then maybe email and seek more assistance? I dunno! Im lost here. LOL

So should I just try and delete my cookies then? And any help is better than no help!
    [/quote]

Yes, try deleting the cookies first and if no success then PM J.    When did this start happening?

[quote author=perry link=topic=5751.msg240117#msg240117 date=1174330048]
    I had to close the site window and delete the cookies and I could sign back in. The only problem was I would be banned again every once in awhile. It was more of a pain in the ass than anything else.

I will pm you my e-mail address and if deleting your cookies doesn't help. I will see if I can help some other way.
    [/quote]

You are the BESTEST! Thanks a bunch! I will be leaving work in 1 hr and 50 mins...4:30 EST.

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=5751.msg240123#msg240123 date=1174330211]
    Yes, try deleting the cookies first and if no success then PM J.    When did this start happening?
    [/quote]

It started Friday evening while I was reading a thread. Kept trying to go to next page and it kept saying I was not able to view the thread or something like that. Then it gave me the message that I was banned. I emailed from the contact us on the main site, got a response that it was because I was using AOL browser and to try IE or Firefox. I tried on IE and no luck. And as I said before, I cant PM anyone from home. ARGH!
    Thanks for all your help!

[quote author=MzzCat link=topic=5751.msg240139#msg240139 date=1174330936]
    It started Friday evening while I was reading a thread. Kept trying to go to next page and it kept saying I was not able to view the thread or something like that. Then it gave me the message that I was banned. I emailed from the contact us on the main site, got a response that it was because I was using AOL browser and to try IE or Firefox. I tried on IE and no luck. And as I said before, I cant PM anyone from home. ARGH!
    Thanks for all your help!
    [/quote]

Then it's not a banned IP if it was that recent ago.  I'd bet money it's the cookies. 

same is happening with me, i dont bother anymore, it is annoying. or when i get onto the forum, and posting on thread, i hit post says banned!
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I'am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I'am your wonder bra!

[quote author=luscious link=topic=5751.msg240174#msg240174 date=1174333003]
    same is happening with me, i dont bother anymore, it is annoying. or when i get onto the forum, and posting on thread, i hit post says banned!
    [/quote]

Tammy, you are NOT banned.  Delete the cookies and you should be fine.

it is not my cookie's i delete them all the time, before i even came to this site.

(mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I'am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I'am your wonder bra!

[quote author=luscious link=topic=5751.msg240188#msg240188 date=1174333628]
    it is not my cookie's i delete them all the time, before i even came to this site.

[/quote]

You're not banned, I promise.

Sometimes I have problems logging in, but I just keep hitting "log in" or whatever that button says until it lets me in.  I think it has more to do with my settings, etc. than the site because I have no problems on my home computer, but more problems on my work computer.

Woooohoooo! You guys so rock! Thanks a bunch! Ate muh cookies and Im good to go! LOL
    Thanks for all the help!

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=5751.msg240197#msg240197 date=1174334036]
    You're not banned, I promise.
    [/quote]

ok ok that is just what it say's when i try to log on. shit

I'm a noob (hate that word... too similar to boob,( which I have, but am not ), and I can't seem to search anything or see anything other than forums. I was searching for a particular person. Says I don't have access, but I am signed in. Do I have to be premium to search for specifics?

Thread Information