Page 403 of 420 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 10500

Thread: Chit Chat

Does anyone have a Lenova tablet? I always use a laptop, or desktop for work, and I am thinking about getting a tablet. I have been eyeing these that have the detachable keyboard and wondering if anyone here has one and what they think?

Does anyone know a dentist personally that they can consult upon?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Does anyone know a dentist personally that they can consult upon?
    Sorry, wish a did. Will your dentist not see you?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Sorry, wish a did. Will your dentist not see you?
    I said this in the COVID thread, but it got buried. I got a text from my dentists office yesterday saying there was "Covid exposure" in the office and the office is closed until further notice.

My mom was there last week getting her teeth cleaned. She got an email saying the staff was exposed last week. I hope she doesnt get it from there.

But yeah I have a tooth hole and i dont know what to do about it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I said this in the COVID thread, but it got buried. I got a text from my dentists office yesterday saying there was "Covid exposure" in the office and the office is closed until further notice.

My mom was there last week getting her teeth cleaned. She got an email saying the staff was exposed last week. I hope she doesnt get it from there.

But yeah I have a tooth hole and i dont know what to do about it.
    Yeah, a lot of things get buried in that thread thanks to a bunch of unnecessary posting of stuff no one looks at.

Personally I would start calling around and find someone else that would take you on an emergency basis so that it doesn't get worse.

Did your mom end up participating in the vaccine trial? If she did, hopefully she got the real thing and it will protect her.

My dentist will see me, it's actually my hygienist that refuses to see me because of my husband's job. Truth be told though, I don't want to have her all up in my face either. I would absolutely go though if I had something going on that was going to get worse.

Yeah, a lot of things get buried in that thread thanks to a bunch of unnecessary posting of stuff no one looks at.

Personally I would start calling around and find someone else that would take you on an emergency basis so that it doesn't get worse.

Did your mom end up participating in the vaccine trial? If she did, hopefully she got the real thing and it will protect her.

My dentist will see me, it's actually my hygienist that refuses to see me because of my husband's job. Truth be told though, I don't want to have her all up in my face either. I would absolutely go though if I had something going on that was going to get worse.

My mom did not do the vaccine trials. They did not need anyone in her age group.

Does insurance cover a "dental emergency" app?

My mom did not do the vaccine trials. They did not need anyone in her age group.

Does insurance cover a "dental emergency" app?
    Do you have dental insurance? If so, then yes. Medical insurance won't cover it.

Well hopefully your mom doesn't get it. I thought she did the trial.

Do you have dental insurance? If so, then yes. Medical insurance won't cover it.

Well hopefully your mom doesn't get it. I thought she did the trial.
    Yes I have dental insurance.

Yes I have dental insurance.
    You should be able to call your insurance and get a list of dentists in your area from them.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Anyone else get it? My husband doesn't understand it. I want to buy it for laughs and because I like the show (hint).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8895148...ajama?ref=cart

Anyone else get it? My husband doesn't understand it. I want to buy it for laughs and because I like the show (hint).

Sorry, I'm clueless.

Sorry, I'm clueless.
    Schitt's Creek

https://youtu.be/28D16gVwozs

Also, I usually like the bed furthest from the hotel room door so that I won't get murdered first. Lmao!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Here is a cool one to look at Six Flags does Christmas Drive in tour this year.

Schitt's Creek

https://youtu.be/28D16gVwozs

Also, I usually like the bed furthest from the hotel room door so that I won't get murdered first. Lmao!
    I'm not up on any of the current stuff. I rarely watch TV.

These are hilarious. Want.

Sorry, I'm clueless.
    I don't watch much TV either, but Schitt's Creek is TOTALLY worth the watch. Brilliantly written and acted, and funny AF.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I fucking love David

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post

Here is a cool one to look at Six Flags does Christmas Drive in tour this year.
    This looks like the most boring unfun ride ever!!!!
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I fucking love David

Ew, David!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I fucking love David
    Every cast member is brilliant. David, Alexis, Moira, Johnny, Stevie.... I love them all. Even the peripheral characters. Alexis reminds me so much of my daughter, they have so many of the same mannerisms, I crack up watching her.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    So about two months ago, I was headed out to the mailbox, a twenty yard walk, and I got a bit uncomfortable...when I say "a bit", what I really mean is "it feels like someone is standing on my right testicle."

I try my hardest to shrug it off, thinking, you know, "Idk wtf this is, but I hope it fucking goes away, like, NOW."

My wife sees the anguish on my face and she's like "dude, are you okay?" and I try to play it off, but we've been together for 28 years, so she sees right through that bullshit.

We head to the ER local to me, and even driving in the car is so uncomfortable I can't sit still. Like someone kicked me reaaaaalllllly hard in the balls, it hurts all the way deep in my pelvis. What. In. The. Actual. Fuck. Is. Going. On?

I get in there, and I'm writhing around for about a half hour/45 minutes in an empty ER, and they finally come in and assess things. My wife and I were worried about testicular torsion, even as she joked "you don't need those things anymore, anyway ;-)", and even I had to chuckle...my wife and I can't do anything without taking the opportunity to lovingly make fun of one another. they did an ultrasound of my testicles and found everything in order, so, no torsion (thankfully). Nothing like having your cord tie itself in a knot!

An IV is established and they give me morphine and ketamine. Ketamine? What the fuck are you doing? Let me tell you, that pissed my wife the fuck offfffff. Ketamine took away my ability to effectively communicate but didn't do anything for my anxiety or my pain. It just took away my ability to say "FUCK IT HURTS!" And the dose of morphine wasn't very large, either, for the amount of discomfort I was experiencing.

Wheel me down to CT and after the short test, we get some answers.

Turns out I had a kidney stone. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't the size of the calculus that matters. It's the path it takes and what it comes in contact with that determines your comfort level. Evidently mine was bangin' the shit out of the walls of my ureters, and that's what accounted for the significant pain. It was a small one, too, like 2-4mm. My wife has had 6-8mm ones pass with no problem.

But it's what happened next that was worrisome....

"So you have a mass on your left kidney..." My wife and I look at each other like "WHAT?"

Yep. A hockey puck sized mass on my left kidney. Ugly fucker, too.

At some point during that ER visit, the stone passed from my ureter into my bladder, and it may have even passed when I urinated. I never did catch it with the filters they gave me, even when I had to pee in them everywhere I went. Nothing like carrying a collapsible filter for your pee pee...it was basically just like those travel cups that collapse like we used in the 80s, except with a wire mesh filter at the bottom. I'd rinse it off, collapse it, and put it back in my pocket til I peed again.

An appointment was made with a urologist and we went to discuss this finding. According to my physician, 93% of these types of tumors are cancerous. The good news is that the cure is a nephrectomy. The only caveat to that is whether or not the tumor has reached outside the renal capsule, the thin layer that covers the organ.

Surgery was scheduled for the day after my 50th birthday. Yay for me! Clear liquids on my birthday and surgery the next day. That was hella fun.

No.

I'm not one to get nervous about things like that. My wife does enough worrying for both of us. She actually gets upset because I'm so calm about things. I figure if you can't do anything about the circumstances, just put your best foot forward. Best not to worry...but that's just me.

Surgery day arrives, and they let me say goodbye to my wife for a bit...the surgery should take between 1.5 to 2.5 hours, the surgeon told her. He wanted her to get actual updates and not those generalized ones that they text you with, but that was not to be the case.

Three and a half hours later, he emerged from surgery, not knowing that she hadn't received an update in over two hours, and she was beside herself, tears streaming down her cheeks. My surgeon came over and gave her a big hug, told her that everything was fine, and explained that the reason it had taken so long is because I've had 6 previous surgeries that involved my abdomen and my abdomen was covered in adhesions. It took him the first two hours just to remove all of that extra tissue so that he could perform the procedure to remove my kidney.

He apologized profusely to my wife, and she was allowed to see me post surgery in the recovery room after I awoke. It took me a bit to come out of anesthesia, but I felt fine.

She and I had made a deal that I was going to get up and get moving early on in my recovery. My previous two surgeries had long recovery times because I didn't know that getting up early and often will help you more than anything else in the long run. She knew, and she cracked that whip better than anyone I've ever seen.

I walked around the 30 bed unit twice just four hours after my surgery...but then didn't get up again for about 16 hours. Oops. Just laid there and slept on and off. Oh, and they catheterize you in surgery, and I gotta say, whoever did it wasn't very nice. They must have been like "yeah, I'll make it fit"...when you wake up and you see blood where the pee comes out, you know what happened. Bastard.

Some of you were inquiring about a comment I made in one of the threads, this is the story behind it. I have short term disability from my employer, sure, but it pays at 70 or 80%, and I need all that plus my part time job, so my sister was sweet enough to start a gofundme campaign. You never really know who cares enough about you to send that which they hold so dear...money. It is truly humbling when you see who donated and the donations they gave. The campaign starter can also see the name of everyone who donated, and I was shocked and humbled at some of the people who thought enough of me to donate. It is truly a blessing.

Luckily, my tumor was isolated, and when the patho came back, it was not cancerous. Given the odds of that happening, I'm one hella lucky guy.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

How scary KV! So glad the surgery went well and the tumor was benign, but again the whole thing is frightening! I'm so sorry you had to go through this!

I'm still trying to get over the fact that Kevansvault has testicles.... I thought he was a woman.

Kidney stones aren't fun, until I had parathyroid surgery I passed at least seven of them - and the [intense] pain comes out of nowhere (like when you're walking to the mailbox minding your own damned business). But the mass? That's some scary stuff and I'm glad it was benign and you're back on your feet again. So here's what I have to say to your renal system:

"What the @#$%?! You %*@#$% think you can &$!#@ with KV? I should !&+? the @$%#^% in !%=@# your #$%&! Have a good day."

Glad you're back on your feet and doing well, KV.

Kevan, so glad you got through it okay! What happened to you reminds me of soooo much of what I went through with my dad. One surgery resulted in multiple issues, kidney transplant, many hospital trips and stays, more surgeries (went on for almost 2 years). I felt for your wife, I went through that every time my dad went into surgery. Supposed to be 4 hours? 8 hours pass and I couldn't get any damn news, it's really hard emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

My big question is why didn't you tell us before now??? We could have worried along with you.

Also, KT, did you really not know that KV is a guy? That cracks me up! He's one of like only 4 on here nowadays.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    So about two months ago, I was headed out to the mailbox, a twenty yard walk, and I got a bit uncomfortable...when I say "a bit", what I really mean is "it feels like someone is standing on my right testicle."

I try my hardest to shrug it off, thinking, you know, "Idk wtf this is, but I hope it fucking goes away, like, NOW."

My wife sees the anguish on my face and she's like "dude, are you okay?" and I try to play it off, but we've been together for 28 years, so she sees right through that bullshit.

We head to the ER local to me, and even driving in the car is so uncomfortable I can't sit still. Like someone kicked me reaaaaalllllly hard in the balls, it hurts all the way deep in my pelvis. What. In. The. Actual. Fuck. Is. Going. On?

I get in there, and I'm writhing around for about a half hour/45 minutes in an empty ER, and they finally come in and assess things. My wife and I were worried about testicular torsion, even as she joked "you don't need those things anymore, anyway ;-)", and even I had to chuckle...my wife and I can't do anything without taking the opportunity to lovingly make fun of one another. they did an ultrasound of my testicles and found everything in order, so, no torsion (thankfully). Nothing like having your cord tie itself in a knot!

An IV is established and they give me morphine and ketamine. Ketamine? What the fuck are you doing? Let me tell you, that pissed my wife the fuck offfffff. Ketamine took away my ability to effectively communicate but didn't do anything for my anxiety or my pain. It just took away my ability to say "FUCK IT HURTS!" And the dose of morphine wasn't very large, either, for the amount of discomfort I was experiencing.

Wheel me down to CT and after the short test, we get some answers.

Turns out I had a kidney stone. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't the size of the calculus that matters. It's the path it takes and what it comes in contact with that determines your comfort level. Evidently mine was bangin' the shit out of the walls of my ureters, and that's what accounted for the significant pain. It was a small one, too, like 2-4mm. My wife has had 6-8mm ones pass with no problem.

But it's what happened next that was worrisome....

"So you have a mass on your left kidney..." My wife and I look at each other like "WHAT?"

Yep. A hockey puck sized mass on my left kidney. Ugly fucker, too.

At some point during that ER visit, the stone passed from my ureter into my bladder, and it may have even passed when I urinated. I never did catch it with the filters they gave me, even when I had to pee in them everywhere I went. Nothing like carrying a collapsible filter for your pee pee...it was basically just like those travel cups that collapse like we used in the 80s, except with a wire mesh filter at the bottom. I'd rinse it off, collapse it, and put it back in my pocket til I peed again.

An appointment was made with a urologist and we went to discuss this finding. According to my physician, 93% of these types of tumors are cancerous. The good news is that the cure is a nephrectomy. The only caveat to that is whether or not the tumor has reached outside the renal capsule, the thin layer that covers the organ.

Surgery was scheduled for the day after my 50th birthday. Yay for me! Clear liquids on my birthday and surgery the next day. That was hella fun.

No.

I'm not one to get nervous about things like that. My wife does enough worrying for both of us. She actually gets upset because I'm so calm about things. I figure if you can't do anything about the circumstances, just put your best foot forward. Best not to worry...but that's just me.

Surgery day arrives, and they let me say goodbye to my wife for a bit...the surgery should take between 1.5 to 2.5 hours, the surgeon told her. He wanted her to get actual updates and not those generalized ones that they text you with, but that was not to be the case.

Three and a half hours later, he emerged from surgery, not knowing that she hadn't received an update in over two hours, and she was beside herself, tears streaming down her cheeks. My surgeon came over and gave her a big hug, told her that everything was fine, and explained that the reason it had taken so long is because I've had 6 previous surgeries that involved my abdomen and my abdomen was covered in adhesions. It took him the first two hours just to remove all of that extra tissue so that he could perform the procedure to remove my kidney.

He apologized profusely to my wife, and she was allowed to see me post surgery in the recovery room after I awoke. It took me a bit to come out of anesthesia, but I felt fine.

She and I had made a deal that I was going to get up and get moving early on in my recovery. My previous two surgeries had long recovery times because I didn't know that getting up early and often will help you more than anything else in the long run. She knew, and she cracked that whip better than anyone I've ever seen.

I walked around the 30 bed unit twice just four hours after my surgery...but then didn't get up again for about 16 hours. Oops. Just laid there and slept on and off. Oh, and they catheterize you in surgery, and I gotta say, whoever did it wasn't very nice. They must have been like "yeah, I'll make it fit"...when you wake up and you see blood where the pee comes out, you know what happened. Bastard.

Some of you were inquiring about a comment I made in one of the threads, this is the story behind it. I have short term disability from my employer, sure, but it pays at 70 or 80%, and I need all that plus my part time job, so my sister was sweet enough to start a gofundme campaign. You never really know who cares enough about you to send that which they hold so dear...money. It is truly humbling when you see who donated and the donations they gave. The campaign starter can also see the name of everyone who donated, and I was shocked and humbled at some of the people who thought enough of me to donate. It is truly a blessing.

Luckily, my tumor was isolated, and when the patho came back, it was not cancerous. Given the odds of that happening, I'm one hella lucky guy.
    I'm so so sorry this happened to you. I'm so happy that you're ok.

Thread Information