Page 403 of 403 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403
Results 10,051 to 10,066 of 10066

Thread: Chit Chat

  1. #10051
    Junior Member TankHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    SF & ATL
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Ah, I envy all of you with mad cooking skillz, wish I had some. I make four dishes very well, and they are "one pot meals" (Sunday sauce, linguini w/clam sauce, chicken cacciatore). Otherwise, I freeze like a deer in the headlights if I don't have a recipe to follow with painstaking perfection.

    Ugh, cooking is stressful - all of that chopping and measuring and stirring and watching...
    You sound like me not too long ago. I wasn't much of a cook until I had to get on a strict diet. It was overwhelming at first, and for a while, but then I found some blogs and instagram accounts that made me more interested in improving. Now, it's my way to unwind and I find it quite relaxing, which I never thought would happen. Put on some good music or a podcast and it becomes therapeutic (for me anyway). A glass of wine and some instrumental jazz music is my go to at night.

  2. #10052
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19,137
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Ah, I envy all of you with mad cooking skillz, wish I had some. I make four dishes very well, and they are "one pot meals" (Sunday sauce, linguini w/clam sauce, chicken cacciatore). Otherwise, I freeze like a deer in the headlights if I don't have a recipe to follow with painstaking perfection.

    Ugh, cooking is stressful - all of that chopping and measuring and stirring and watching...
    Cooking is easy... free yourself from the tyranny of the recipe! A pinch of this a dash of that! Of course sometimes things go awry. I made a wonderful cauliflower dish once, and have never been able to duplicate it. Sigh. Now baked cakes, breads and pastries? Follow the recipe exactly on those.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  3. #10053
    Senior Member curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,296
    Rep Power
    20367564
    My big hang up is cooking meat. I'm afraid I'd give myself salmonella poisoning. I guess I need to learn the art of slow cooking or casserole.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  4. #10054
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17,057
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Cooking is easy... free yourself from the tyranny of the recipe! A pinch of this a dash of that! Of course sometimes things go awry. I made a wonderful cauliflower dish once, and have never been able to duplicate it. Sigh. Now baked cakes, breads and pastries? Follow the recipe exactly on those.
    This is how I cook...a little of this, a little of that. My dishes are never exactly the same. I kind of play fast and loose on the baking too. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't, lol.

    Cooking is relaxing for me. The problem is that I enjoy eating too much after cooking.

  5. #10055
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,386
    Rep Power
    21474855
    I can't cook. I followed my mom's recipe to make meatballs and they turned out terrible.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  6. #10056
    Senior Member puke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    3,149
    Rep Power
    21474853
    I've screwed up meatballs before.
    Last edited by puke; 10-09-2020 at 08:10 PM.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

  7. #10057
    Cranjis McBasketball Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    8,351
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I can't cook. I followed my mom's recipe to make meatballs and they turned out terrible.
    I just hate to cook so I rarely do. In my family, people act like because I am a woman I am supposed to cook. Fuck that shit.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  8. #10058
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17,057
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Does anyone have a Lenova tablet? I always use a laptop, or desktop for work, and I am thinking about getting a tablet. I have been eyeing these that have the detachable keyboard and wondering if anyone here has one and what they think?

  9. #10059
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,386
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Does anyone know a dentist personally that they can consult upon?

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  10. #10060
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17,057
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Does anyone know a dentist personally that they can consult upon?
    Sorry, wish a did. Will your dentist not see you?

  11. #10061
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,386
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Sorry, wish a did. Will your dentist not see you?
    I said this in the COVID thread, but it got buried. I got a text from my dentists office yesterday saying there was "Covid exposure" in the office and the office is closed until further notice.

    My mom was there last week getting her teeth cleaned. She got an email saying the staff was exposed last week. I hope she doesnt get it from there.

    But yeah I have a tooth hole and i dont know what to do about it.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  12. #10062
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17,057
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I said this in the COVID thread, but it got buried. I got a text from my dentists office yesterday saying there was "Covid exposure" in the office and the office is closed until further notice.

    My mom was there last week getting her teeth cleaned. She got an email saying the staff was exposed last week. I hope she doesnt get it from there.

    But yeah I have a tooth hole and i dont know what to do about it.
    Yeah, a lot of things get buried in that thread thanks to a bunch of unnecessary posting of stuff no one looks at.

    Personally I would start calling around and find someone else that would take you on an emergency basis so that it doesn't get worse.

    Did your mom end up participating in the vaccine trial? If she did, hopefully she got the real thing and it will protect her.

    My dentist will see me, it's actually my hygienist that refuses to see me because of my husband's job. Truth be told though, I don't want to have her all up in my face either. I would absolutely go though if I had something going on that was going to get worse.

  13. #10063
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,386
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, a lot of things get buried in that thread thanks to a bunch of unnecessary posting of stuff no one looks at.

    Personally I would start calling around and find someone else that would take you on an emergency basis so that it doesn't get worse.

    Did your mom end up participating in the vaccine trial? If she did, hopefully she got the real thing and it will protect her.

    My dentist will see me, it's actually my hygienist that refuses to see me because of my husband's job. Truth be told though, I don't want to have her all up in my face either. I would absolutely go though if I had something going on that was going to get worse.


    My mom did not do the vaccine trials. They did not need anyone in her age group.

    Does insurance cover a "dental emergency" app?

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  14. #10064
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17,057
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post


    My mom did not do the vaccine trials. They did not need anyone in her age group.

    Does insurance cover a "dental emergency" app?
    Do you have dental insurance? If so, then yes. Medical insurance won't cover it.

    Well hopefully your mom doesn't get it. I thought she did the trial.

  15. #10065
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,386
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Do you have dental insurance? If so, then yes. Medical insurance won't cover it.

    Well hopefully your mom doesn't get it. I thought she did the trial.
    Yes I have dental insurance.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  16. #10066
    Cranjis McBasketball Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    8,351
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Yes I have dental insurance.
    You should be able to call your insurance and get a list of dentists in your area from them.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •