Page 3 of 420 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Chit Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    That sounds like the biggest scam ever.
    "Lay offs? No way. You were late like at least 4 times in the past few months. We had to terminate you!"

If you get canned here, you still get a check.
    You have to be given a chance to change the reason your were fired. For example if you were fired for being late they have to have given you 2 verbal warnings, 2 written and a final. They can't just say hey fuck you for being late. Companies have to have a lot of documentation if they want to fight someone getting unemployment.

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krazegirl View Post
    You have to be given a chance to change the reason your were fired. For example if you were fired for being late they have to have given you 2 verbal warnings, 2 written and a final. They can't just say hey fuck you for being late. Companies have to have a lot of documentation if they want to fight someone getting unemployment.
    Ah, OK. I kinda got "fuck you, get out...like right now" so I guess they didn't want to draw any attention to that shit by fighting my claim. Haha.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 11-30-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

oh, so thats why i go it? i seriously just tried to get the unemployment bc they screwed me for my last two weeks that i gave notice for and bc he would scream at me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Beli they would have had a reason to let you go during your notice and have paid you through your notice. 90% of the time at my job if some gives notice we walk them out the door. We pay them for two weeks bit we have been burned too many times. We have sensitive material on companies and it just is cheaper to let them go than deal with a lawsuit from a company that had info stolen.

if we fire someone it is usually a very long process of documenting and coaching the employee. Unless they do something that is so wrong they can't claim ue we keep them until we can get out of it.

Beli they would have had a reason to let you go during your notice and have paid you through your notice. 90% of the time at my job if some gives notice we walk them out the door. We pay them for two weeks bit we have been burned too many times. We have sensitive material on companies and it just is cheaper to let them go than deal with a lawsuit from a company that had info stolen.

if we fire someone it is usually a very long process of documenting and coaching the employee. Unless they do something that is so wrong they can't claim ue we keep them until we can get out of it.
    This is a side of you I have never seen.

yeah, he and i had gotten into it the night before to where we were basically yelling at each other. i worked my ass off, got it from 44% occupied to 90% occupied in less than 6 months. there was so much stress towards then end, him cussing at yelling to me about other employees (venting to me, i have no idea why me) and one of the fucking maintenance men "accidentely" showed me his naked pictures on his phone while showing me some maintenance problems from an apartment. shit, i was so nervous about that bc i had to tell my husband out it and was super scared he would get pissed. it was too much.

but i gave notice only bc we were moving back to texas. they didn't ask me to turn in my keys then, they let me work until the next week. they were not going to pay me for those last two weeks, which was bullshit. i needed that money for the move. we had calculated everything and needed it. we were staying at a hotel for like 3 weeks...ugh. BREATHE!

im rambling. bottom line, i gave notice, they let me go later on, i filed and received it.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Wait...whut?

Oh, you mean only if you get laid off? So in other words...NO ONE ever gets laid off. Hahahaha. What a scam.
    Oh no - people get laid off all the time. My husband being one of them. It's only been about 4 week though, but still sucks. IF you show just cause as to hardship or bad workplace, you can get unemployment but most people just find another job and move on. We're a seasonal town (ski hill) so lay offs happen all time time.

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

I am an assistant to the president of a company and he loves to fill my head with weird things about the place. He also likes to never go over budget

This is the last day of Novemeber so it's not really a big deal that company christmas parties are tonight. People get too busy with their own lives to have to schedule in a company party. Our was typically on the last Friday of November or first Friday of December, after work, because they knew no one would show up. We are having the fire department party tomorrow. I'm kind of pissed because I wanted to go to an ugly christmas sweater party.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Our holiday party is $25 and I don't want to pay that to eat with people I don't care to be around (for the most part) so Im skipping it. The union I'm in is having their party on the same day and it's $10. Still don't really want to be around most of those people but I'd get out of work early!

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    This is the last day of Novemeber so it's not really a big deal that company christmas parties are tonight. People get too busy with their own lives to have to schedule in a company party. Our was typically on the last Friday of November or first Friday of December, after work, because they knew no one would show up. We are having the fire department party tomorrow. I'm kind of pissed because I wanted to go to an ugly christmas sweater party.
    I wish my life got busy. (sighs)

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    Our holiday party is $25 and I don't want to pay that to eat with people I don't care to be around (for the most part) so Im skipping it. The union I'm in is having their party on the same day and it's $10. Still don't really want to be around most of those people but I'd get out of work early!
    God, you're so antisocial. Haha.

I wish my life got busy. (sighs)

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

God, you're so antisocial. Haha.
    I'm really friendly, I swear!! haha I just dont have much to talk about with these people. Funny enough the person I talk to the most at work is absolutely antisocial and never goes to these things. She usually takes a vacation day the day of the party so no one will ask her to go. I did think about doing that.....

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    I'm really friendly, I swear!! haha I just dont have much to talk about with these people. Funny enough the person I talk to the most at work is absolutely antisocial and never goes to these things. She usually takes a vacation day the day of the party so no one will ask her to go. I did think about doing that.....
    Party in my pants?

Wait...whut?

Oh, you mean only if you get laid off? So in other words...NO ONE ever gets laid off. Hahahaha. What a scam.
    That's how it works here. You can only get laid off to get assistance. Fired or quit, forget about it, unless you can prove that you were wrongfully fired.

what is everyone doing tonight?

im here at home with messed up plumbing, so no water. bored as hell and think we should stickam.

My internet is being dumb so I'm on my phone.��

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    what is everyone doing tonight?

im here at home with messed up plumbing, so no water. bored as hell and think we should stickam.
    I'll Stickam I think I got too drnk for there to be a show tonight though.

Here is a link to the Herb Baumeister craziness. I used to live down the alley from The Varsity (which is my unofficial bar in Indy and where I take everyone to hang out when they visit because it's the best) and down the street from OP's as mentioned in the article:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...er/side_1.html

i'm watching hoarders right now, and it got me thinking that i would be really good at that job. i love to clean up other peoples messes and organize shit. gross stuff doesn't bother me too much. i'm pretty methodical plus i think i'm good with people and would be able to talk them into getting rid of things they don't need.

it seems like the people on the show are doing it wrong. they walk in and just randomly pick something up and ask if the person is willing to get rid of it. wouldn't it make more sense to go in and say, 'ok, first thing's first... let's pull everything out and just clean the inside of the house. then we'll separate all of it by category and look at how many duplicates you have and what condition they're in. as we go through it all, we'll find a good place in the nice clean house to store the things that are usable and meaningful. finally, we'll go through what's left and see how comfortable you feel about getting rid of it, and if you can't, we'll pack it away nicely and store it.'

i mean, that would be my technique. seems logical.

i want that job.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i'm watching hoarders right now, and it got me thinking that i would be really good at that job. i love to clean up other peoples messes and organize shit. gross stuff doesn't bother me too much. i'm pretty methodical plus i think i'm good with people and would be able to talk them into getting rid of things they don't need.

it seems like the people on the show are doing it wrong. they walk in and just randomly pick something up and ask if the person is willing to get rid of it. wouldn't it make more sense to go in and say, 'ok, first thing's first... let's pull everything out and just clean the inside of the house. then we'll separate all of it by category and look at how many duplicates you have and what condition they're in. as we go through it all, we'll find a good place in the nice clean house to store the things that are usable and meaningful. finally, we'll go through what's left and see how comfortable you feel about getting rid of it, and if you can't, we'll pack it away nicely and store it.'

i mean, that would be my technique. seems logical.

i want that job.
    Ugh, better you than me. I can't stand dealing with my own shit, let alone anyone else's. And then there's the emotional attachment to that box of Froot Loops they've had since they were seven when their mom died. Nope, count me out. But if that is what you're good at, more power to you. But I think for the most part they do it right. Part of the problem with hoarders is that they just can't separate themselves from their "things", fully believing those "things" are integral or somehow "required" for them to function on a daily basis. That's all too frustrating for me to even think about, let alone contemplate helping someone with.

Oh, and I spent last night with 12 teenage boys at my house. We told my 16 year old he could have some friends over, I guess "some" meant an even dozen. Played a game called Slenderman, I'm sure you can find the legend on YouTube. Kinda like hide and seek meets scooby doo in the woods...four miles from my house on foot...in the middle of the night. It was fun though, and none of us came home with anything more than scratches (damn those hidden thornbushes). Oh, and my 10 year old is fearless. Crazy little shit just left me in the woods with no flashlight to "find someone else" and "make sure no one was around". Then he outlasted my teen as the host of the party and stayed up til 0300 watching SouthPark episodes with his older brother's friends.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Ugh, better you than me. I can't stand dealing with my own shit, let alone anyone else's. And then there's the emotional attachment to that box of Froot Loops they've had since they were seven when their mom died. Nope, count me out. But if that is what you're good at, more power to you. But I think for the most part they do it right. Part of the problem with hoarders is that they just can't separate themselves from their "things", fully believing those "things" are integral or somehow "required" for them to function on a daily basis. That's all too frustrating for me to even think about, let alone contemplate helping someone with.

Oh, and I spent last night with 12 teenage boys at my house. We told my 16 year old he could have some friends over, I guess "some" meant an even dozen. Played a game called Slenderman, I'm sure you can find the legend on YouTube. Kinda like hide and seek meets scooby doo in the woods...four miles from my house on foot...in the middle of the night. It was fun though, and none of us came home with anything more than scratches (damn those hidden thornbushes). Oh, and my 10 year old is fearless. Crazy little shit just left me in the woods with no flashlight to "find someone else" and "make sure no one was around". Then he outlasted my teen as the host of the party and stayed up til 0300 watching SouthPark episodes with his older brother's friends.
    other peoples things are great! i love getting to know someone based on their stuff... later in the program i saw that they started doing my technique. i just felt like the initial requests seemed confrontational. i was also thinking that to have someone do a walk through and then sketch up the place, what it would look like with less stuff in it, may be a motivational factor for some of the people. the box of fruit loops can have meaning - cut the cover and frame it... so that the reminder stays but the bulk is gone - you know, things like that. there is always the option of providing bins so that the stuff can be retained but is out of the way. just some ideas, i guess.

i used to have more stuff than i needed... not hoarder style, but a lot of unnecessary stuff. i got over it after i had to move several times. my last move was about 2 small pick-up trucks full. one for the furniture and the second for everything else.

boy! it sounds like you had a fun-filled evening last night. i wanna play slenderman!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Yeah, I can see where you're coming from a little. My Na Na died 2 years ago and they're still going thru her stuff. Her attic was a treasure trove of things from all parts of the 20th century. As kids we used to love going "exploring" up there...the place seemed HUGE! And my grandfather had built custom closets up there so it was all neat and organized. I wish I had been able to get back home to help before they put the home up for sale. I do find it cool how people keep things, and for the most part I see why they do. It's when it reaches "hoarder" status that I just feel like I want to vomit.

And yes, last night was a blast! Only thing...not being as young as I thought I was, my legs hurtttttt today. Having someone chase you through the woods in the middle of the night is too much fun.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Thread Information