Page 2 of 420 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Chit Chat

Because you want as many people from the company to show up. If you do it right around Christmas everyone is going to be gone. Also places are booked liked crazy to get space to hold a party. I plan the parties here for all of our offices around the country and they are from December to February. Also if we have an office with a low budget because of sales they usually cannot afford the mark up places due in December and January.

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krazegirl View Post
    Because you want as many people from the company to show up. If you do it right around Christmas everyone is going to be gone. Also places are booked liked crazy to get space to hold a party. I plan the parties here for all of our offices around the country and they are from December to February. Also if we have an office with a low budget because of sales they usually cannot afford the mark up places due in December and January.
    You are full of surprises. Thanks for the answer.

I heard some shit on the news where they said like 75% of employees would rather skip the party and get a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    You are full of surprises. Thanks for the answer.

I heard some shit on the news where they said like 75% of employees would rather skip the party and get a bonus.
    Knowing that kind of made me feel like Google.

Can someone explain why "Christmas parties" are thrown in November?
    Ours is because we have a few people who have to drive in from out of town for a few hours. So, with the amount of snow we get here (up to 30ft a year) it makes it hard to travel in the winter as the snow can cause avalanches on the highways at any time, or the higways can close at any time for avalanche control (they bring in the Army for that). So - safer for travelling people.

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Venus2B View Post
    Ours is because we have a few people who have to drive in from out of town for a few hours. So, with the amount of snow we get here (up to 30ft a year) it makes it hard to travel in the winter as the snow can cause avalanches on the highways at any time, or the higways can close at any time for avalanche control (they bring in the Army for that). So - safer for travelling people.

We're in a small town, so larger offices have to stagger them as there aren't many good places that take loads of people. So if there's only 3 weekends in December and 2 days per weekend - leaves not much time for everyone to get a time and place. So some do move to November as there's more openings. And then you add in that couples might have 2 parties to go to - it gets pretty busy!

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

Somehow letting us pub-lik people use the Howitzers just didn't sound like a good plan!! I've seen those buggers shoot though and MAN - it's the biggest, scariest noise you can hear, feel and smell. Then the thunder of the snow starts to come and you nearly pee your pants and hope, just HOPE you only get dusted!! That's why they let the Army do it. lol

Here's a smaller gun than the one's we use in our area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRy0RA3gsyE

Can't watch videos, but I wanna go where it's cold like that. What's summer like there?

Oh hey!! I found one of the bigger ones! Kind of a neat video, but long. HUGE guns man, HUGE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq2OUAa_mdA

Can't watch videos, but I wanna go where it's cold like that. What's summer like there?
    Nice and warm. Not too hot, but you can't beat the summes in the mountains. It's amazing!! But, winter lasts forever....or so it feels!! Lots of rivers and lakes for summer fun - biking and hiking trails. It's amazing and I'd be no where else!

Nice and warm. Not too hot, but you can't beat the summes in the mountains. It's amazing!! But, winter lasts forever....or so it feels!! Lots of rivers and lakes for summer fun - biking and hiking trails. It's amazing and I'd be no where else!
    Oh, I hate summer. That's not the part you have to sell to me.

Do you live up in one of the Territories Venus? I used to live in the snowbelt in Ontario, and we didn't have to worry about avalanches, thankfully!

Oh, I hate summer. That's not the part you have to sell to me.
    WE have lots of snow for boarding, skiing and snowmobiling then! And avalanches. But if you play safe, they aren't as bad as they can be!! Be prepared and you're golden! And by 'prepared', sometimes that means just staying home!

Quote Originally Posted by statro View Post
    Do you live up in one of the Territories Venus? I used to live in the snowbelt in Ontario, and we didn't have to worry about avalanches, thankfully!
    Oh heck - no - I'd freeze my ass off up there!! Nice area, just not my cup of tea! Husband came from Ontario but the lakes area, so he's still new to the snow 12 years later! lol

WE have lots of snow for boarding, skiing and snowmobiling then! And avalanches. But if you play safe, they aren't as bad as they can be!! Be prepared and you're golden! And by 'prepared', sometimes that means just staying home!
    Sounds great! Do I have to marry someone to stay there?

the last company i worked for in houston had their parties in February because they are able to look at the reports for the previous year for awards and bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

also my boss really prefers to text rather than email. he is out and about at all the properties, so its easier to catch up. but sometimes its hard to understand his texts bc he is turkish so his translations can be a bit backwards.

Stupid woman at work is still being purposely obtuse on every fucking damn shitty thing. It takes everything in me to bite my tongue. This whole new thing Im doing about trying to be a better person is for the birds. I want to tell her she is useless. My boss said I could decide when to let her go, yesterday or next week. I still need her to collect rent while i input all the shit she didn't do for 5 months. I also believe she's been stealing money. I will not know for sure until after I spend most of my weekend and a bit of next week to input everything, but I'm pretty sure she has been. Oh, and the reason why she is being stupid is because she WANTS to get fired so she can get unemployment.

I'm going to a Christmas Party for another group in mid December. I could not imagine going to one in November. I don't know if we are having one for work. One of my co-workers said last year was the first time they had one.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

If you get fired you get unemployment? And if you get fired for stealing?

Sounds great! Do I have to marry someone to stay there?
    Well, we are one of the newer 'Resort Towns' now, so probably. Unless you want to pay way too much for a shitty house (and probably have to have 2-3 roomies who usually don't care about rules) and work in a go-nowhere job. Sale, unless you already own property here it's too expensive to move here. That is, unless you have a shit-load of money hiding away and are just looking to make ends meet!!

Lifestyle, it's amazing. People are great, shops are great (although many are overpriced) and the location is wonderful!! 4 seasons of things to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    also my boss really prefers to text rather than email. he is out and about at all the properties, so its easier to catch up. but sometimes its hard to understand his texts bc he is turkish so his translations can be a bit backwards.

Stupid woman at work is still being purposely obtuse on every fucking damn shitty thing. It takes everything in me to bite my tongue. This whole new thing Im doing about trying to be a better person is for the birds. I want to tell her she is useless. My boss said I could decide when to let her go, yesterday or next week. I still need her to collect rent while i input all the shit she didn't do for 5 months. I also believe she's been stealing money. I will not know for sure until after I spend most of my weekend and a bit of next week to input everything, but I'm pretty sure she has been. Oh, and the reason why she is being stupid is because she WANTS to get fired so she can get unemployment.

I'm going to a Christmas Party for another group in mid December. I could not imagine going to one in November. I don't know if we are having one for work. One of my co-workers said last year was the first time they had one.
    That sucks, about work. Here, you can't collect unemployment if you've been fired or quit.

That sucks, about work. Here, you can't collect unemployment if you've been fired or quit.
    Wait...whut?

Oh, you mean only if you get laid off? So in other words...NO ONE ever gets laid off. Hahahaha. What a scam.

Wait...whut?

Oh, you mean only if you get laid off? So in other words...NO ONE ever gets laid off. Hahahaha. What a scam.
    That is the only way you get it here.

That is the only way you get it here.
    That sounds like the biggest scam ever.
    "Lay offs? No way. You were late like at least 4 times in the past few months. We had to terminate you!"

If you get canned here, you still get a check.

at the job in oklahoma, i gave my two weeks notice on thrusday, by the next tuesday me and my boss got into it the night before and they let me go. i still got unemployment even though i gave notice AND was asked for my key.

Thread Information