Page 408 of 420 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 418 ... LastLast
Results 10,176 to 10,200 of 10500

Thread: Chit Chat

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Anyone else get a credit card charge for a really small amount from COLOADTEST.com? Mine was for 1.35 and it was on my old credit card but the cc card company authorized it because they said it was set up as a recurring charge from a merchant (it wasn't) and they sent me an email and text saying so. I had no idea who this was, so I googled and there is a big thing going on with people getting this charge. There is a huge Reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Advice/comm...m_source=share on it.

So I had to go dispute the charge. Since it was on my old card I don't have to get a new card, and they locked the old number so no new charges can flow to my new card. Anyone else get hit?
    I checked everything but nothing. Thanks for bringing it up though, or I wouldn't have even heard about it to know to look just in case....I'm horrible at looking at my accounts unless I need to...it's a horrible practice and I should change my ways but that's too much work lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

So no one here got hit except me? I promise you it's a 'thing' it wasn't just me. Go look at your credit card (and some debit cards I read) account. I am wondering if they are testing the accounts and then plan to hit with a big charge in a couple of days.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't see anything as of yesterday but will be checking and making sure it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'm glad you guys are all ok on your accounts. I guess I'm just the lucky one, lol.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    ugh guys, I found out yesterday that my mom TRULY believes that the forehead temperature thermometers are memory erasing devices.
    We're never gonna get these people back, are we?

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    ugh guys, I found out yesterday that my mom TRULY believes that the forehead temperature thermometers are memory erasing devices.
    Ugh, I'm so sorry. I don't really understand how a whole generation of people (for the most part) bought into all of this and threw away what they knew their entire lives. Obviously younger people believe it, but I think they are more in it just to be violent assholes, but so many people that are boomers just bought it hook line and sinker. Maybe someone here that is a boomer could explain why it was such a popular group think idea for that group.

If my dad were still alive I almost guarantee you that he would have been at the Capitol insurrection.

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I don't really understand how a whole generation of people (for the most part) bought into all of this and threw away what they knew their entire lives. Obviously younger people believe it, but I think they are more in it just to be violent assholes, but so many people that are boomers just bought it hook line and sinker. Maybe someone here that is a boomer could explain why it was such a popular group think idea for that group.

If my dad were still alive I almost guarantee you that he would have been at the Capitol insurrection.
    I have theories! Up until December of 1987 there was a federal law called the fairness doctrine. If I went on the airwaves (TV or Radio) saying President RBW eats babies. RBW was guaranteed equal time to rebut the nasty rumor. That great and glorious defender of freedom R. Reagan got rid of the fairness doctrine opening the door for Rush Lamebrain and all of his colleagues to lie and lie and lie. And no one could rebut them with their audience. You could go on someone else show and try to tell your side of the story, but you couldn't get to the dittoheads. At about the same time, the internet really took off and of course any one could start posting anything they wanted there too. No matter how stupid.

I used to be a free speech absolutest after all no matter how crazy the guy on the street corner passing out flyers is, there's a limit to how many people he can convince, and sane people can undo his damage. Well crazy got a great big megaphone to yell through and the boomers were raised on media that you could pretty much trust. Sure the president could and did occasionally lie to people, but there was a limit to what random crazies could do. So the whole Greatest and Boomer cohorts were primed to drink in crazy like it was their job. And unless we get a new Fairness Doctrine we won't be able to bring them back. The good thing is, they are by definition gullible, and therefore, we may be able to deprogram them, but not going to lie. I think it'll be tough because who among us has that kind of power and who really knows the truth?

Were there wackados on the TV machine? Yes, but no matter what was said about someone or something any FCC licensed station had to present opposing views and you'd see a whackjob pop up there but he didn't get to rule the airwaves. Johnny Carson had a recurring bit about the phenomenon. May I introduce Floyd R Turbo with an opposing view. Imagine Faux News having to put a sane person on the air every time one of their crazies spoke!

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I have theories! Up until December of 1987 there was a federal law called the fairness doctrine. If I went on the airwaves (TV or Radio) saying President RBW eats babies. RBW was guaranteed equal time to rebut the nasty rumor. That great and glorious defender of freedom R. Reagan got rid of the fairness doctrine opening the door for Rush Lamebrain and all of his colleagues to lie and lie and lie. And no one could rebut them with their audience. You could go on someone else show and try to tell your side of the story, but you couldn't get to the dittoheads. At about the same time, the internet really took off and of course any one could start posting anything they wanted there too. No matter how stupid.

I used to be a free speech absolutest after all no matter how crazy the guy on the street corner passing out flyers is, there's a limit to how many people he can convince, and sane people can undo his damage. Well crazy got a great big megaphone to yell through and the boomers were raised on media that you could pretty much trust. Sure the president could and did occasionally lie to people, but there was a limit to what random crazies could do. So the whole Greatest and Boomer cohorts were primed to drink in crazy like it was their job. And unless we get a new Fairness Doctrine we won't be able to bring them back. The good thing is, they are by definition gullible, and therefore, we may be able to deprogram them, but not going to lie. I think it'll be tough because who among us has that kind of power and who really knows the truth?

Were there wackados on the TV machine? Yes, but no matter what was said about someone or something any FCC licensed station had to present opposing views and you'd see a whackjob pop up there but he didn't get to rule the airwaves. Johnny Carson had a recurring bit about the phenomenon. May I introduce Floyd R Turbo with an opposing view. Imagine Faux News having to put a sane person on the air every time one of their crazies spoke!

I was wondering if someone would bring that up. That's my theory as well...I remember when the first Fox News station popped up in our local area a couple of years after that. I feel like I have nothing nice to say though here lately, so I let someone else say it.

I've never heard anything like this before. What purpose would that serve? Someone watches too much Men in Black.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah I have no idea. She's also obviously against the vaccine, is mad I'm on the waitlist, and thinks celebrities are eating babies for their skincare.

Yeah I have no idea. She's also obviously against the vaccine, is mad I'm on the waitlist, and thinks celebrities are eating babies for their skincare.
    Eating babies for skin care? Does she mean like stem cells? That's a new one to me.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Eating babies for skin care? Does she mean like stem cells? That's a new one to me.
    It's this whole QAnon thing.

This whole small charge scam from CoLoadTest.com is getting bigger and bigger. I am wondering why they aren't getting shut down by the credit card processing people so that they cannot make anymore charges?

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/vie...0580&p=5827773
    https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfin...estcom_charge/
    https://www.early-retirement.org/for...om-108007.html

This whole small charge scam from CoLoadTest.com is getting bigger and bigger. I am wondering why they aren't getting shut down by the credit card processing people so that they cannot make anymore charges?

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/vie...0580&p=5827773
    https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfin...estcom_charge/
    https://www.early-retirement.org/for...om-108007.html
    That's so weird. I checked all mine and don't have anything from them, which is lucky considering I get hit by like every breach!

So I was sitting in my room and got an alert on my phone from my ring camera. I look and there is a cop at my door. Glance outside, see 3 cops cars parked across the street. Apparently, the people directly across from us had a break in and the cop wanted to know if we had any video (we didn't).

These are the same people who had their tweaker kids living with them, who invited their tweaker friends. They finally went away last year, but I am betting they had something to do with it. This wasn't random.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Doorbell cameras are quite the things, eh? Here locally there has been a rash of porch pirating incidents that the police have been considering very low priority. Understandable of course... more serious crimes and all. But. They advised people to hang on to any video they had just in case...

Then some people had a break in. Someone came in through a down stairs window. Took a few things, but most troubling, took the family dog. Removed him from his crate and took him right out the front door and put him in their car which was parked right out front. Went back in the house to get the rest of the loot. Saw the door cam. Stared at it for a good minute or so, the put her hand over the camera as she stepped away. So the police gathered up the other webcam footage, have her and/or her vehicle at several dozen crime scenes. Got her well in felony territory. Went to arrest her found the stolen dog locked in her bathroom. He's fine. The pirate is in jail.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Doorbell cameras are quite the things, eh? Here locally there has been a rash of porch pirating incidents that the police have been considering very low priority. Understandable of course... more serious crimes and all. But. They advised people to hang on to any video they had just in case...

Then some people had a break in. Someone came in through a down stairs window. Took a few things, but most troubling, took the family dog. Removed him from his crate and took him right out the front door and put him in their car which was parked right out front. Went back in the house to get the rest of the loot. Saw the door cam. Stared at it for a good minute or so, the put her hand over the camera as she stepped away. So the police gathered up the other webcam footage, have her and/or her vehicle at several dozen crime scenes. Got her well in felony territory. Went to arrest her found the stolen dog locked in her bathroom. He's fine. The pirate is in jail.
    That's great! Our ring is great for me in that when someone is at the front door, I am not tall enough to see who it is. So I can see on my phone. Plus we can use it to talk to the person even if we're not home.

We set it so that it only starts recording when someone walks up to our door. If we had it set for any motion detected, my phone would be alerting me every time a car drove down the street (and it's not a dead end street or anything).

I forgot to mention, when my hubby came in from talking to the cop and I asked him what happened, he goes "oh, they're looking for Milo" (our oldest) and my heart starts pounding and I'm like "WHAT?!?!" and he goes, "just kidding, break in across the street". I was so pissed lol.

Was it some kind of expensive dog? Why in the heck would you steal a dog out of a house?

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I forgot to mention, when my hubby came in from talking to the cop and I asked him what happened, he goes "oh, they're looking for Milo" (our oldest) and my heart starts pounding and I'm like "WHAT?!?!" and he goes, "just kidding, break in across the street". I was so pissed lol.
    Were these the people that had an appliance in their front yard (or am I thinking of another poster)

I would be pissed if someone stole my cat. She's extremely friendly and goes up to anyone. I'd rather have them steal my shit.

Was it some kind of expensive dog? Why in the heck would you steal a dog out of a house?
    Good question. Don't think so... just your common family pet dog. But the cop that got sent out to take the report is apparently a dog lover and grabbed the bull by the horns. But really, why??

Good question. Don't think so... just your common family pet dog. But the cop that got sent out to take the report is apparently a dog lover and grabbed the bull by the horns. But really, why??
    I wonder if it was a small dog or just super friendly? My dogs would have something to say if someone tried to steal them.

I wonder if it was a small dog or just super friendly? My dogs would have something to say if someone tried to steal them.
    Yeah Spice would have much to say if anyone tried to pick her up and make off with her. Some of the others would follow anyone with a cookie. I haven't heard what kind of dog it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Were these the people that had an appliance in their front yard (or am I thinking of another poster)

I would be pissed if someone stole my cat. She's extremely friendly and goes up to anyone. I'd rather have them steal my shit.
    I don't think I ever mentioned that, but they do indeed tend to have random shit outside. They once had a fridge, and washer/dryer

Yeah Spice would have much to say if anyone tried to pick her up and make off with her. Some of the others would follow anyone with a cookie. I haven't heard what kind of dog it is.
    The vet people always want to give my pups cookies and ooh and awww over them and I'm like "good luck, they don't take candy from strangers". If I tell them to let someone pet them they will, but they're not going to do it on their own. Teddie might, he's way less aloof than my girls, but I don't think he would let someone take him. He likes his life and I think he would fight someone taking him from it.

The vet people always want to give my pups cookies and ooh and awww over them and I'm like "good luck, they don't take candy from strangers". If I tell them to let someone pet them they will, but they're not going to do it on their own. Teddie might, he's way less aloof than my girls, but I don't think he would let someone take him. He likes his life and I think he would fight someone taking him from it.
    My dog is such a lover of people, and food, she would gladly take anything from a stranger

Thread Information