Page 402 of 420 FirstFirst ... 302 352 392 400 401 402 403 404 412 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 10500

Thread: Chit Chat

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Sup bitches? Just kidding miss you all!
    Whoa, where ya been?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Sup bitches? Just kidding miss you all!
    Hey bitch.

Bewitching-I see you online. Would you be willing to share more about your camper, and how you chose the one you did, if you would do anything different, etc? We are seriously looking, but have never had anything like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Bewitching-I see you online. Would you be willing to share more about your camper, and how you chose the one you did, if you would do anything different, etc? We are seriously looking, but have never had anything like that before.
    I wouldn't mind downgrading to a camper if I could get rid of all this clutter.
    It would be so cool to travel the U.S.!

On another note, I'm so bored! My baby is currently napping and I'm trying to feed myself with little success. So far I've made a peanut butter sandwich and I'm eating potato salad. I really need to figure out how to cook.

I guess since everyone is busy, I'm going to go read my new library book. "The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes" by Suzanne Collins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I wouldn't mind downgrading to a camper if I could get rid of all this clutter.
    It would be so cool to travel the U.S.!

On another note, I'm so bored! My baby is currently napping and I'm trying to feed myself with little success. So far I've made a peanut butter sandwich and I'm eating potato salad. I really need to figure out how to cook.

I guess since everyone is busy, I'm going to go read my new library book. "The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes" by Suzanne Collins.
    Did you make the potato salad?

Did you make the potato salad?
    Nope. Chef Publix.
    I can't even scramble an egg. Seriously. The last time I tried years ago, it was a stuck on mess that I just threw away in the trashcan.
    I guess I should try again. I hear our pans are non-stick. I also hear that Chef Ramsay has a really good scrambled egg recipe.

Nope. Chef Publix.
    I can't even scramble an egg. Seriously. The last time I tried years ago, it was a stuck on mess that I just threw away in the trashcan.
    I guess I should try again. I hear our pans are non-stick. I also hear that Chef Ramsay has a really good scrambled egg recipe.
    Scrambled eggs are actually tougher than they look. Anything fried really isn't for rank beginners.

For instance boiled eggs are simple. Put a dozen eggs in a big pot of water, or even just one egg... but put it in the big pot. Bring the water to a boil, put the lid on the pot, turn off the stove. Leave the egg(s) in the hot water. In 20 minutes you should have perfect hard boiled eggs. And there's your foundation for egg salad if for some reason you want such a thing.

Baked potatoes. Easy peasy. Lots of good recipes out there. I like this one. https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/baked-potato/

Seriously... frying is hard. If I want good tender meat, I season it and toss it in the crock pot and cook it all day. Took me years to get good enough at frying to make scrambled eggs or an egg sandwich. For a beginner baking, boiling or crock potting is simpler.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

You don't have to go super high end for cookware. A decent non-stick (or cast iron if that is your thing, but probably not the best for beginners nowadays...but that's what I learned to cook on) set from Walmart will work for basic cooking.

I love to cook, so this pains me when people can't/don't cook. This is when the mom in me comes out...and the only other time I mom is with my pups, lol. I want everyone to learn to cook.

I have been cooking since I was a kid, but there's always room to learn and grow and all the cooking blogs out there nowadays are a great way to learn!

What type of foods do you like to eat?

You don't have to go super high end for cookware. A decent non-stick (or cast iron if that is your thing, but probably not the best for beginners nowadays...but that's what I learned to cook on) set from Walmart will work for basic cooking.

I love to cook, so this pains me when people can't/don't cook. This is when the mom in me comes out...and the only other time I mom is with my pups, lol. I want everyone to learn to cook.

I have been cooking since I was a kid, but there's always room to learn and grow and all the cooking blogs out there nowadays are a great way to learn!

Yeah mom started me doing cooking and meal planning when I was nine, so by the time I had to do it, I had lots of tools in my arsenal.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yeah mom started me doing cooking and meal planning when I was nine, so by the time I had to do it, I had lots of tools in my arsenal.
    I had a 3rd grade reader from school that had a recipe for baking bread in it to go along with a story about a woman making bread, and I bugged my mom to let me make it. I had helped her in the kitchen lots of times, but this was the first time I made something by myself. My love for cooking was born.

Scrambled eggs are actually tougher than they look. Anything fried really isn't for rank beginners.

For instance boiled eggs are simple. Put a dozen eggs in a big pot of water, or even just one egg... but put it in the big pot. Bring the water to a boil, put the lid on the pot, turn off the stove. Leave the egg(s) in the hot water. In 20 minutes you should have perfect hard boiled eggs. And there's your foundation for egg salad if for some reason you want such a thing.

Baked potatoes. Easy peasy. Lots of good recipes out there. I like this one. https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/baked-potato/

Seriously... frying is hard. If I want good tender meat, I season it and toss it in the crock pot and cook it all day. Took me years to get good enough at frying to make scrambled eggs or an egg sandwich. For a beginner baking, boiling or crock potting is simpler.

My mom was convinced that a crock pot would burn down the house, so I had never used one until I was in my 30's. Puzz is right though, it's your friend if you want tender meat and don't want to constantly baby whatever you are cooking. You can also by cheaper cuts of meat if you use a crockpot and cook them over long periods of time.

I boil eggs a lot (my dogs get them for treats and I use them in salads and stuff), and doing them on the stove is super easy...as long as you don't forget about them and almost burn the house down like I did in January. I used to ridicule egg cookers, and wonder why you would ever need one, but I recently bought one and it's my new best friend. It's super easy and it turns itself off. I can also poach an egg or cook an omelet in it. This is the one I bought, I got it on sale and used Kohl's cash that was about to expire, so it didn't cost much, but I would totally buy it again at full price!https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-33...tv.jsp?prdPV=9

My mom was convinced that a crock pot would burn down the house, so I had never used one until I was in my 30's. Puzz is right though, it's your friend if you want tender meat and don't want to constantly baby whatever you are cooking. You can also by cheaper cuts of meat if you use a crockpot and cook them over long periods of time.

I boil eggs a lot (my dogs get them for treats and I use them in salads and stuff), and doing them on the stove is super easy...as long as you don't forget about them and almost burn the house down like I did in January. I used to ridicule egg cookers, and wonder why you would ever need one, but I recently bought one and it's my new best friend. It's super easy and it turns itself off. I can also poach an egg or cook an omelet in it. This is the one I bought, I got it on sale and used Kohl's cash that was about to expire, so it didn't cost much, but I would totally buy it again at full price!https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-33...tv.jsp?prdPV=9
    OMG I totally forgot about that!

You didn't burn your house down so it's okay if I laugh, right? lol.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I actually enjoy cooking. Meal planning gets old but tell me you'd like that chicken with the sauce and I gladly cook it. My mom and my roomie are both having problem with chewing and swallowing, so I'm about ready to kill for a steak because I won't fix one just for myself, but if you need a soft food recipe I've got a stack. We had a baked French Toast for supper last night that was yummy and are doing this chicken in cream tonight. Anyway, learning to cook is well worth the effort...

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    OMG I totally forgot about that!

You didn't burn your house down so it's okay if I laugh, right? lol.
    We laugh about it now too, so yes, you can laugh.

I actually enjoy cooking. Meal planning gets old but tell me you'd like that chicken with the sauce and I gladly cook it. My mom and my roomie are both having problem with chewing and swallowing, so I'm about ready to kill for a steak because I won't fix one just for myself, but if you need a soft food recipe I've got a stack. We had a baked French Toast for supper last night that was yummy and are doing this chicken in cream tonight. Anyway, learning to cook is well worth the effort...
    I have LOTS of chicken if you want to come here and cook it. Lol! My aunt brought some back when she went to visit my husband's cousin. My aunt doesn't like it, because the food bank added lots of spice to the chicken.
    If you like, I can give you a tour of my town in exchange. A lot of news worthy deaths and trials happened here recently.

Anything except mac and cheese, chicken alfredo, grits, tongue, mallow, liver, gizzards, bulls' balls.

I've recently started getting my kids (10 &11) more into cooking with me and I'm so glad I did. I learned as a teen because my mom couldn't cook and I was tired of getting disgusting burnt food all the time. I hate watching them do things and I'm afraid they'll hurt themselves with a knife, but I'd rather this than them being in their 20s not knowing anything because I cooked all their meals and didn't include them.

And it's open me up to try new things because they pick things out and I can't not eat what they make to make them seem like it's nasty. I hate chicken, but we've found an amazing dish that I'm in love with that surprised everyone lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I've recently started getting my kids (10 &11) more into cooking with me and I'm so glad I did. I learned as a teen because my mom couldn't cook and I was tired of getting disgusting burnt food all the time. I hate watching them do things and I'm afraid they'll hurt themselves with a knife, but I'd rather this than them being in their 20s not knowing anything because I cooked all their meals and didn't include them.

And it's open me up to try new things because they pick things out and I can't not eat what they make to make them seem like it's nasty. I hate chicken, but we've found an amazing dish that I'm in love with that surprised everyone lol
    They make gloves now that help prevent boo boos. Maybe, you should check them out. I bought a pair after my husband cut his fingertip off while cutting something.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=no+cut+gloves&ref=nb_sb_noss

Ah, I envy all of you with mad cooking skillz, wish I had some. I make four dishes very well, and they are "one pot meals" (Sunday sauce, linguini w/clam sauce, chicken cacciatore). Otherwise, I freeze like a deer in the headlights if I don't have a recipe to follow with painstaking perfection.

Ugh, cooking is stressful - all of that chopping and measuring and stirring and watching...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Ah, I envy all of you with mad cooking skillz, wish I had some. I make four dishes very well, and they are "one pot meals" (Sunday sauce, linguini w/clam sauce, chicken cacciatore). Otherwise, I freeze like a deer in the headlights if I don't have a recipe to follow with painstaking perfection.

Ugh, cooking is stressful - all of that chopping and measuring and stirring and watching...
    You sound like me not too long ago. I wasn't much of a cook until I had to get on a strict diet. It was overwhelming at first, and for a while, but then I found some blogs and instagram accounts that made me more interested in improving. Now, it's my way to unwind and I find it quite relaxing, which I never thought would happen. Put on some good music or a podcast and it becomes therapeutic (for me anyway). A glass of wine and some instrumental jazz music is my go to at night.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post

Cooking is easy... free yourself from the tyranny of the recipe! A pinch of this a dash of that! Of course sometimes things go awry. I made a wonderful cauliflower dish once, and have never been able to duplicate it. Sigh. Now baked cakes, breads and pastries? Follow the recipe exactly on those.

My big hang up is cooking meat. I'm afraid I'd give myself salmonella poisoning. I guess I need to learn the art of slow cooking or casserole.

Cooking is easy... free yourself from the tyranny of the recipe! A pinch of this a dash of that! Of course sometimes things go awry. I made a wonderful cauliflower dish once, and have never been able to duplicate it. Sigh. Now baked cakes, breads and pastries? Follow the recipe exactly on those.
    This is how I cook...a little of this, a little of that. My dishes are never exactly the same. I kind of play fast and loose on the baking too. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't, lol.

Cooking is relaxing for me. The problem is that I enjoy eating too much after cooking.

I can't cook. I followed my mom's recipe to make meatballs and they turned out terrible.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I've screwed up meatballs before.
    Last edited by puke; 10-09-2020 at 07:10 PM.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I can't cook. I followed my mom's recipe to make meatballs and they turned out terrible.
    I just hate to cook so I rarely do. In my family, people act like because I am a woman I am supposed to cook. Fuck that shit.

Thread Information