Page 412 of 420 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402 410 411 412 413 414 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 10500

Thread: Chit Chat

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    We had a mass shooting here. I saw some videos and they were awful and terrifying. My son went to a concert downtown on Friday night and I told him to go to the concert and come straight home, do NOT walk around downtown. The shooting happened the next night. Way too scary.

I think it was about 20 people shot, 6 or 8 dead not sure of the exact number.
    I saw that! Six people dead. That's terrifying. With the pandemic, I almost got used to us not having to worry about mass shootings anymore. Of course the second shit starts opening up, we see this crap again. That hits close to home for you though.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I saw that! Six people dead. That's terrifying. With the pandemic, I almost got used to us not having to worry about mass shootings anymore. Of course the second shit starts opening up, we see this crap again. That hits close to home for you though.
    Especially since my son was just there! He went to the Journey concert at Golden 1 Center on Friday night. Downtown scares me, especially at night. I stressed to him to not walk around there....then this shooting happens and I'm like, "see what I mean??" It's just always super sketch in that area...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Do we have a thread?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Do we have a thread?
    Not that I saw. I'm too busy to make one, I basically only have a minute or 2 at a time to come here and read/post stuff. Work is being consumed by the Thievery McAsshole.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Not that I saw. I'm too busy to make one, I basically only have a minute or 2 at a time to come here and read/post stuff. Work is being consumed by the Thievery McAsshole.
    Any update on that? I hope they lock him up and you guys sue and take everything he had!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Any update on that? I hope they lock him up and you guys sue and take everything he had!
    No real update. I guess if we find anything out, my dad will let me know. I wonder if he will serve jail time and how long....and who knows how long it will take until that happens? I know he bailed out the very next morning after being arrested. He sent my dad an email apologizing. I am just still baffled by this. He was like a son to my dad, if he needed money all he had to do was ask and my dad would've helped him out.

No real update. I guess if we find anything out, my dad will let me know. I wonder if he will serve jail time and how long....and who knows how long it will take until that happens? I know he bailed out the very next morning after being arrested. He sent my dad an email apologizing. I am just still baffled by this. He was like a son to my dad, if he needed money all he had to do was ask and my dad would've helped him out.
    Tell your dad to hang on to that email!!!

Tell your dad to hang on to that email!!!
    For sure. I'm betting if he got a lawyer, he would be telling him not to contact my dad. So, we may never hear from him again.

Am I the only one here that thinks Elon Musk is eventually going to usher in the end of the world with one of his grand schemes? This guy is like a fucking villain in a superman movie.

With how much crap I'm selling right now, I almost feel like this kind of thing needs it's own thread like with "Online Dating". But it doesn't happen enough for it to be.

Adventures in selling online:

Mini Fridge. I got a couple of bites, but one that was over zealous. Sounded nice enough on the phone, but couldn't pick it up until today (Spoke with him Saturday). Said he didn't have his wheels right now. Asked if it would fit on a bus. I told him that it would fit, but it's bulky and awkward. He responded that it would probably block the aisles. Ummmmm. Yeah. It would. Not the best option. I'll hold it for you.

Enter last night and today. He asks all kinds of questions of if it freezes up and creates a bunch of ice. I told him that all of them do, but only around the small freezer compartment and might need to be defrosted every few months or so. Him " Okay ". " Does the ice get everywhere inside? The last one I had it would be icy everywhere inside of the fridge once a month and I used a sharp object to chip it away and it pierced a coolant line and made it unusable ". I told him, no. This one only does it around the really small freezer part and only after a few or so months. That it defrosts really quickly unplugged, maybe an hour. Also, that if he's in a hurry to use a blow dryer on it and it will be clear within minutes. No need to use sharp objects that will ruin the whole thing.

"okay, good". " I'll be there at 2pm". Then...... "My ride is late. I'll be there at 3pm"..........

3:15 and the husband is waiting to eat. Not there. 3:45pm. Husband texts " This is ridiculous ". I call. Profusely apologizing, telling me he's on a freeway that's nowhere near us, "I'll be there in 15 minutes". I tell the husband to just eat. He doesn't.

4:15pm buyer calls and says "I'm here" and names off an address that is three blocks away. I then have to be a virtual Thomas Guide directing him to our house.

4:45 he picks up the fridge, pays $10 more because of the trouble and walks away with it balanced ON HIS HEAD.

Half hour later, front neighbor knocks on our door with a knife in his hand. Asks if we lost this. Husband says no, but that he just sold a fridge to someone and it might belong to him. I text buyer and ask if it's his.

Two hours later. This is his response:

Yes! It's my neck knife.
    Hmmmm.........

He claims that he will be back in the area in the next couple of days and will use the metro to get here to pick it up.

I go up front, ask the neighbor if they still have it. Of course they do (They're hoarders) and explain that it belongs to the guy buying the fridge. He gives it to me and explains why it's called a "neck knife". I'm not surprised that they're well versed in "neck knives", take it and I tell him that I'm wiping my fucking prints off of it.

Picture will follow after I upload.......

It's in a paper towel because I'm not about to have my prints on this fucker.

Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 05-10-2022 at 08:24 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    With how much crap I'm selling right now, I almost feel like this kind of thing needs it's own thread like with "Online Dating". But it doesn't happen enough for it to be.

Adventures in selling online:

Mini Fridge. I got a couple of bites, but one that was over zealous. Sounded nice enough on the phone, but couldn't pick it up until today (Spoke with him Saturday). Said he didn't have his wheels right now. Asked if it would fit on a bus. I told him that it would fit, but it's bulky and awkward. He responded that it would probably block the aisles. Ummmmm. Yeah. It would. Not the best option. I'll hold it for you.

Enter last night and today. He asks all kinds of questions of if it freezes up and creates a bunch of ice. I told him that all of them do, but only around the small freezer compartment and might need to be defrosted every few months or so. Him " Okay ". " Does the ice get everywhere inside? The last one I had it would be icy everywhere inside of the fridge once a month and I used a sharp object to chip it away and it pierced a coolant line and made it unusable ". I told him, no. This one only does it around the really small freezer part and only after a few or so months. That it defrosts really quickly unplugged, maybe an hour. Also, that if he's in a hurry to use a blow dryer on it and it will be clear within minutes. No need to use sharp objects that will ruin the whole thing.

"okay, good". " I'll be there at 2pm". Then...... "My ride is late. I'll be there at 3pm"..........

3:15 and the husband is waiting to eat. Not there. 3:45pm. Husband texts " This is ridiculous ". I call. Profusely apologizing, telling me he's on a freeway that's nowhere near us, "I'll be there in 15 minutes". I tell the husband to just eat. He doesn't.

4:15pm buyer calls and says "I'm here" and names off an address that is three blocks away. I then have to be a virtual Thomas Guide directing him to our house.

4:45 he picks up the fridge, pays $10 more because of the trouble and walks away with it balanced ON HIS HEAD.

Half hour later, front neighbor knocks on our door with a knife in his hand. Asks if we lost this. Husband says no, but that he just sold a fridge to someone and it might belong to him. I text buyer and ask if it's his.

Two hours later. This is his response:

Hmmmm.........

He claims that he will be back in the area in the next couple of days and will use the metro to get here to pick it up.

I go up front, ask the neighbor if they still have it. Of course they do (They're hoarders) and explain that it belongs to the guy buying the fridge. He gives it to me and explains why it's called a "neck knife". I'm not surprised that they're well versed in "neck knives", take it and I tell him that I'm wiping my fucking prints off of it.

Picture will follow after I upload.......

It's in a paper towel because I'm not about to have my prints on this fucker.

First, he balanced the fridge on his head? What in the world?

Next, what is a neck knife? Never mind...I'll Google it.

Boston - you're way too nice! I would've assumed the knife belonged to that guy and either chucked it or told the neighbor to keep it...lol.

I've just reached a point where I throw stuff away or drive and drop it off at the thrift store because people are crazy and I don't want to deal with them. Please be careful Boston!

I've just reached a point where I throw stuff away or drive and drop it off at the thrift store because people are crazy and I don't want to deal with them. Please be careful Boston!
    Most of what we have is being donated or given away to friends, but the larger ticket items have to be sold since we need the money to buy stuff back after getting over there It's already bad enough that the dollar to euro conversion sucks so every penny helps. Most of what's being sold is already sold. Just a handful of stuff to go and then we might have a yard sale for the bits and bobs. Donate the rest.

I'm listing some of the real wood furniture as well. So maybe we're not almost done

99% of the people we've dealt with so far are genuinely nice and even excited to be buying the things. Like my keyboard. The two kids that showed up for it were BEAMING. It's pretty annoying that you can't get anywhere NEAR what it's worth, but I'm happy enough when I know that these things are going to people that will genuinely treasure them. I have someone picking up the PA tomorrow and apparently their whole band is pitching in to buy it. I received a message from another band member saying "For the love of God! PLEASE hold on to this until Thursday! We need it for our show". They're young kids and I remember my first band and how passionate we were and pitching in together to get equipment for shows.

Most of what we have is being donated or given away to friends, but the larger ticket items have to be sold since we need the money to buy stuff back after getting over there It's already bad enough that the dollar to euro conversion sucks so every penny helps. Most of what's being sold is already sold. Just a handful of stuff to go and then we might have a yard sale for the bits and bobs. Donate the rest.

I'm listing some of the real wood furniture as well. So maybe we're not almost done

99% of the people we've dealt with so far are genuinely nice and even excited to be buying the things. Like my keyboard. The two kids that showed up for it were BEAMING. It's pretty annoying that you can't get anywhere NEAR what it's worth, but I'm happy enough when I know that these things are going to people that will genuinely treasure them. I have someone picking up the PA tomorrow and apparently their whole band is pitching in to buy it. I received a message from another band member saying "For the love of God! PLEASE hold on to this until Thursday! We need it for our show". They're young kids and I remember my first band and how passionate we were and pitching in together to get equipment for shows.

I'm really happy that your musical equipment is going to someone who will love it like you do!

I went all of the way back to 2017 and I didn't see a games thread. Does anyone play House Flipper? It's a game about flipping houses.

I think I spend too much time on here/looking for articles for here. This was the ad that I had when I signed out of my email.

I think I spend too much time on here/looking for articles for here. This was the ad that I had when I signed out of my email.

This is the company that cleaned up after Naomi Judd. That's probably why it showed up

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Just a random post to say that I sometimes come on here to visit the profiles of other members I remember and see how long it's been since they were here. This place used to be sooooo crazy busy everyday, and I miss that. I remember there being tons of members on all the time, and not just when there was a big trial (like Jodi Arias), either.

I look at the profiles and think "surely they've visited since 2014!" It's weird. Then I see things that make me kinda sad, like when I'm on fb and my timeline shows me a conversation I had with KWD.

Hope all is well, everyone.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Just a random post to say that I sometimes come on here to visit the profiles of other members I remember and see how long it's been since they were here. This place used to be sooooo crazy busy everyday, and I miss that. I remember there being tons of members on all the time, and not just when there was a big trial (like Jodi Arias), either.

I look at the profiles and think "surely they've visited since 2014!" It's weird. Then I see things that make me kinda sad, like when I'm on fb and my timeline shows me a conversation I had with KWD.

It makes me sad too to see this place dwindle down to next to nothing. I'm still holding on to hope that people will finally get sick of the Zucking and censorship and make a grand return to message boards. It could happen. I have faith that perhaps MDS will get a second wind at some point.

I'm glad that you're still here and everyone else that's stuck around. People still come on and lurk here quite a bit, I think. The other issue is people who have forgotten their password. I guarantee that if there were an easier way to recover it that more people would be here, but it requires Mike to manually reset it and he's an absent father. I'm still waiting for him to come back from getting a pack of cigarettes. If he became more involved here again, it would liven up for sure. Maybe once the kids are older and he gets bored again.

Same
    Someone will bump an old thread and I?ll see old users and think what happened to them?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Same
    Someone will bump an old thread and I?ll see old users and think what happened to them?
    Glad I'm not alone. This place used to be jumping all the damn time, now it's like a Death Theme Park that's closed for the season. Ahhhh, well.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Same
    Glad I'm not alone. This place used to be jumping all the damn time, now it's like a Death Theme Park that's closed for the season. Ahhhh, well.
    It's up to us to keep MDS alive. I love it here so let's keep the dream alive

It's up to us to keep MDS alive. I love it here so let's keep the dream alive
    Same!

Thread Information