Page 394 of 420 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 10500

Thread: Chit Chat

Waaaahhhh. Pretty sure I bombed my first exam in grad school.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    I love The Wire!

You're young enough that you may have missed Homicide, the TV series. A lot of the people that produced and/or starred in The Wire were in Homicide. David Simon wrote the book that Homicide was based on. It's also set in Baltimore. I HIGHLY recommend it if you like The Wire.

Couldn't find the happy drunk thread, anybody here try the new budweiser 1933 repeal reserve beer yet? Just finished 2 of them and definitely worth trying.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Couldn't find the happy drunk thread, anybody here try the new budweiser 1933 repeal reserve beer yet? Just finished 2 of them and definitely worth trying.
    I love beer but I usually ignore Budweiser. What's that one like?

A new favorite in our house is Rhinegeist Truth. It's a Cincinnati brewery so I'm not sure where all it's available, but damn it's good.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Waaaahhhh. Pretty sure I bombed my first exam in grad school.
    I hope you didn't. What are you in grad school for?

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    I love beer but I usually ignore Budweiser. What's that one like?

A new favorite in our house is Rhinegeist Truth. It's a Cincinnati brewery so I'm not sure where all it's available, but damn it's good.
    It's an amber lager, I think it's 6% alcohol but I already threw the bottles outside in the trash and it's too cold to go check.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I hope you didn't. What are you in grad school for?
    Clinical/counseling psych - MFT program. I ended up with a low A barely because the teacher threw out one of the questions I got wrong. I missed more points on the multiple choice than I did the case conceptualization essay. Opposite of what I anticipated.

Clinical/counseling psych - MFT program. I ended up with a low A barely because the teacher threw out one of the questions I got wrong. I missed more points on the multiple choice than I did the case conceptualization essay. Opposite of what I anticipated.
    Congrats!

I had to look up MFT, it's a marriage and family therapist? I think that's great. My son and I both see a family therapist after one of our favorite people committed suicide and she has helped us so much. What an important job.

I'm applying to grad school in the fall and am excited about it! Going for a MA or MS in communication.

Congrats!

I had to look up MFT, it's a marriage and family therapist? I think that's great. My son and I both see a family therapist after one of our favorite people committed suicide and she has helped us so much. What an important job.

I'm applying to grad school in the fall and am excited about it! Going for a MA or MS in communication.
    Thanks! I see my first client next week and I'm pretty excited about it. Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad you felt comfortable talking to someone about it.

Good luck on your grad apps.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Thanks! I see my first client next week and I'm pretty excited about it. Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad you felt comfortable talking to someone about it.

Good luck on your grad apps.
    HUGE news. I'm happy for you!

Don't try to go too far too fast. Just be the therapist you would want for yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

How do I go about getting help with my depression? I'm not in a crisis and need a hotline or admitted somewhere. I know I have it just never got help for it. Right now I'm so exhausted and on edge. Had blood work and sleep study done because im so tired and it's all good. Maybe its just my depression and i just need to get rid of this. I sleep but I'm just not refreshed and have no energy.

I was in counselling as a teen and was going to see the doctor but a family emergency made me cancel and I never went back. Do I start there again or just go to a Docotr or therapy. I have no clue and I have insurance so I'm guessing it would cover some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley951 View Post
    How do I go about getting help with my depression? I'm not in a crisis and need a hotline or admitted somewhere. I know I have it just never got help for it. Right now I'm so exhausted and on edge. Had blood work and sleep study done because im so tired and it's all good. Maybe its just my depression and i just need to get rid of this. I sleep but I'm just not refreshed and have no energy.

I was in counselling as a teen and was going to see the doctor but a family emergency made me cancel and I never went back. Do I start there again or just go to a Docotr or therapy. I have no clue and I have insurance so I'm guessing it would cover some of it.
    I would see a therapist first. From there, they can assess you and recommend either a doctor to see for any meds you need and to continue therapy with them if needed. If you go straight to a GP and tell them you think you're depressed, they may treat it more generally than if you have a proper diagnosis from someone that understands the different degrees of Depression.

It's really amazing that you're taking steps to help yourself. Don't put it off. You deserve to be happy and part of that is managing this

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I would see a therapist first. From there, they can assess you and recommend either a doctor to see for any meds you need and to continue therapy with them if needed. If you go straight to a GP and tell them you think you're depressed, they may treat it more generally than if you have a proper diagnosis from someone that understands the different degrees of Depression.

It's really amazing that you're taking steps to help yourself. Don't put it off. You deserve to be happy and part of that is managing this
    Thank you so much! I'd rather not go back to the gp so I'll just go straight to therapy.

Thank you so much! I'd rather not go back to the gp so I'll just go straight to therapy.
    Hey Ashley. I second therapy.

I had situational depression that lead to anxiety and eventually panic attacks. I started seeing a therapist about 2.5 years ago and it has helped me tremendously. I was diagnosed with PTSD and OCD, which still surprises me. (I just thought I was depressed and also had what I claimed were my own superstitions and rituals.) It's a slow process, though, and I do a lot of the work myself which surprised me. I think I thought that I would go in for a session and be diagnosed right away and told what to do to 'cure' myself, which is not the case. At the beginning, I was not interested in being medicated and she respected that.

After time, when the panic attacks started, I decided to see a psychiatrist and see if medication would be right for me. Currently I see a therapist, a psychiatrist, attend mindfulness group therapy, and take 3 different meds. I'm feeling pretty good and hopefully can get weened off the meds soon!

I just wanted to share my story with you as it's a bit of a success. I hope you find a therapist that meshes well with you, that is key. I think you are strong to take this step (it took me so long to reconcile the fact that I needed help).

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

Hi Ashley.

I have ADHD, and one of the issues that many who suffer from ADD/ADHD also suffer from depression, just as I do. It is hard to reconcile that I can't do things the way others do, and that (subconsciously or consciously) makes me equal parts sad and angry.

The best thing I did was to talk to someone, and I was lucky because my employer has a employee assistance program which covered the first five visits, and then my insurance picked up the rest.

Just as depression can make you tired, so can inadequate nutrition. Make sure you're eating the right foods, and drinking enough water/vitamins/minerals....

But definitely, definitely talk to someone. It isn't the same to talk to a loved one, because they can't give you the right kind of feedback, hard as they may try. They can't see that they may be part of the problem, and that would not be good in the long run.

You may want to go to see your doc, if you have one, to get recommendations about a therapist, but that is certainly not required.

All the best as you deal with this. Here's what I know ... I don't wanna be reading about you in a thread here. Take care of yourself.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thank you for sharing your stories and I'm going to try and call my insurance tomorrow. They have a site with in network therapists but they don't let you search for kid or adult they're just mixed up and I'm tired of clicking a name seeing location and then seeing it's for kids. Also want to make sure I'm reading my coverage correct. Right now there's a guy missing here who was last seen by a bridge after complaining of lack of sleep and insomnia.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I don't know if this qualifies for chit chat or dumb things that annoy me, cause it's bothhhh.

Last Monday in the middle of the night my dad had a gallbladder attack and ended up in the ER, they admitted him and decided to do a scope to see if a gallstone was blocking his ducts first, but his bilirubin levels were elevated and he was jaundiced and he had pancreatitis as well, so they decided to wait a day to do the procedures to try to flush some of that out. They decided to do the scope first on Wednesday morning and then the lap chole gallbladder surgery immediately after. Both went well, they were able to get a stone out of the duct and they did have some trouble with the gallbladder and almost had to open him up further than the laproscopic method because it was really inflamed.
    He went to recovery, woke up, etc. The doctor said he may go home Friday AT THE VERY EARLIEST.
    I wake up the next day, Thursday, Thanksgiving, to a text from my mom that they are sending him home! I'm way skeptical, but I'm not a doctor, so ok?
    They release him on Thanksgiving around 2. Great, except all of the local pharmacies had only been open until 2 for Thanksgiving, so now he is out with no way to fill his antibiotics or his pain medicine (and he was hurrtinggg, and he never complains about anything)
    He lasts until Friday morning and then has to go back to the hospital because he is in massive pain and has shortness of breath.
    When he gets to the ER, he is in afib, and has to be shocked three times.
    They got it down, but now it's Sunday, his surgical wounds have a drain because they are infected, and he is still in afib and is now on blood thinners to prevent a stroke from that, his heart rate is better (it was steadily 190 on Friday) and today it is hovering between 103-125 depending on activity.

So I'm grumpy.
    I think they released him WAY THE FUCK TOO EARLY.
    I know gallbladder surgery can an outpatient thing but with all of the other stuff he had going on, It's crazy to me.

Now since she has basically been by his bedside since Monday, my mom has a massive sinus infection and can't be at the hospital so I'm hanging out with him and working on my laptop.

YAY FOR HOSPITALS!

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

This is what happens with Insurance companies decide what they will and will not cover. It's ridiculous. I'm glad that he's on the mend, so sorry that he's had to go through all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I don't know if this qualifies for chit chat or dumb things that annoy me, cause it's bothhhh.

Last Monday in the middle of the night my dad had a gallbladder attack and ended up in the ER, they admitted him and decided to do a scope to see if a gallstone was blocking his ducts first, but his bilirubin levels were elevated and he was jaundiced and he had pancreatitis as well, so they decided to wait a day to do the procedures to try to flush some of that out. They decided to do the scope first on Wednesday morning and then the lap chole gallbladder surgery immediately after. Both went well, they were able to get a stone out of the duct and they did have some trouble with the gallbladder and almost had to open him up further than the laproscopic method because it was really inflamed.
    He went to recovery, woke up, etc. The doctor said he may go home Friday AT THE VERY EARLIEST.
    I wake up the next day, Thursday, Thanksgiving, to a text from my mom that they are sending him home! I'm way skeptical, but I'm not a doctor, so ok?
    They release him on Thanksgiving around 2. Great, except all of the local pharmacies had only been open until 2 for Thanksgiving, so now he is out with no way to fill his antibiotics or his pain medicine (and he was hurrtinggg, and he never complains about anything)
    He lasts until Friday morning and then has to go back to the hospital because he is in massive pain and has shortness of breath.
    When he gets to the ER, he is in afib, and has to be shocked three times.
    They got it down, but now it's Sunday, his surgical wounds have a drain because they are infected, and he is still in afib and is now on blood thinners to prevent a stroke from that, his heart rate is better (it was steadily 190 on Friday) and today it is hovering between 103-125 depending on activity.

So I'm grumpy.
    I think they released him WAY THE FUCK TOO EARLY.
    I know gallbladder surgery can an outpatient thing but with all of the other stuff he had going on, It's crazy to me.

Now since she has basically been by his bedside since Monday, my mom has a massive sinus infection and can't be at the hospital so I'm hanging out with him and working on my laptop.

YAY FOR HOSPITALS!
    I had a similar gallbladder situation back about 5 years ago. The stone was blocking the duct, and by the time I went in (my GP kept telling me it was gas and that I just needed to lose weight ) I had full blown pancreatitis and my liver was shutting down. They kept me on an IV only diet with a ton of IV antibiotics, not even allowing me ice chips, for a week before they went in and did the lap Cholecystectomy. They told me that it would take that long to get the levels back to normal, and get the infection down to a safe level to do the surgery.

So yeah, I think they rushed him into the surgey in the first place, and I think they rushed him out of the hospital. I spent almost two full days in hospital after that, and I wasn't even released on a holiday where I couldm't fill the meds. You would think they would have at least filled him meds at the hospital pharmacy, considering the circumstances.

I am sorry that he is having to go through all this. I hope everything turns out ok. I have had 5 surgeries in my life, and I had a hard time recovering from that surgery...I felt like the lead up to the actual surgery, being so sick and the infection, just really wiped me out and made recovery go slow. I hate that they rushed him and all this happened. Keep us updated!

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I had a similar gallbladder situation back about 5 years ago. The stone was blocking the duct, and by the time I went in (my GP kept telling me it was gas and that I just needed to lose weight ) I had full blown pancreatitis and my liver was shutting down. They kept me on an IV only diet with a ton of IV antibiotics, not even allowing me ice chips, for a week before they went in and did the lap Cholecystectomy. They told me that it would take that long to get the levels back to normal, and get the infection down to a safe level to do the surgery.

So yeah, I think they rushed him into the surgey in the first place, and I think they rushed him out of the hospital. I spent almost two full days in hospital after that, and I wasn't even released on a holiday where I couldm't fill the meds. You would think they would have at least filled him meds at the hospital pharmacy, considering the circumstances.

I am sorry that he is having to go through all this. I hope everything turns out ok. I have had 5 surgeries in my life, and I had a hard time recovering from that surgery...I felt like the lead up to the actual surgery, being so sick and the infection, just really wiped me out and made recovery go slow. I hate that they rushed him and all this happened. Keep us updated!

Thanks! He was finally released this past Friday so he has been out for a few days, he still has a drain in the wound and is moving around really slow and it's going to be a while before he is back to full strength. His heart seems to be back on track now, it was worrisome because the whole week after I posted that it kept going into afib and then back out for a few hours, then back in. He is a big guy but you can definitely tell in his face he lost some weight with the ordeal, he only had the ice chips for a long time, and then clear liquids. He is just now back to solid foods and he doesn't eat a lot of them cause he is worried about it causing something else!

It was so frustrating because we have one really shitty hospital by me that they made sure NOT to go to and then the "good" one ended up fucking up!

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article189976584.html

Damn another veridict this time its the Jace Crehan trial and guilty for vigilante justice.

I have ADHD & depression too. Seems they are deeply intertwined. Therapy helps a great deal, but I also needed medication for my ADHD to keep from losing it. Hope you (Ashley)find what you need to find what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Hi Ashley.

I have ADHD, and one of the issues that many who suffer from ADD/ADHD also suffer from depression, just as I do. It is hard to reconcile that I can't do things the way others do, and that (subconsciously or consciously) makes me equal parts sad and angry.

The best thing I did was to talk to someone, and I was lucky because my employer has a employee assistance program which covered the first five visits, and then my insurance picked up the rest.

Just as depression can make you tired, so can inadequate nutrition. Make sure you're eating the right foods, and drinking enough water/vitamins/minerals....

But definitely, definitely talk to someone. It isn't the same to talk to a loved one, because they can't give you the right kind of feedback, hard as they may try. They can't see that they may be part of the problem, and that would not be good in the long run.

You may want to go to see your doc, if you have one, to get recommendations about a therapist, but that is certainly not required.

All the best as you deal with this. Here's what I know ... I don't wanna be reading about you in a thread here. Take care of yourself.

Thank you for sharing your stories and I'm going to try and call my insurance tomorrow. They have a site with in network therapists but they don't let you search for kid or adult they're just mixed up and I'm tired of clicking a name seeing location and then seeing it's for kids. Also want to make sure I'm reading my coverage correct. Right now there's a guy missing here who was last seen by a bridge after complaining of lack of sleep and insomnia.
    Like Kevansvault, I suffer from ADD/ADHD, and while I've never dealt with severe depression I have anxiety which can get overwhelming and out of control at times. I've tried to deal with it sans medication for years (most of my life) but I'm quickly realizing that may not be the best solution for me. I'm glad that you're taking steps to get out in front of this. Talking to someone is the first step.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

RBW I remember us talking about Lyle Stevik earlier in this thread and you said that you don't do reddit so I thought I'd update you if you didn't know that they're trying to match his DNA like they did with Lori Ruff. They'll be posting updates on their fb page if you want to follow https://www.facebook.com/DNADoeProject/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    RBW I remember us talking about Lyle Stevik earlier in this thread and you said that you don't do reddit so I thought I'd update you if you didn't know that they're trying to match his DNA like they did with Lori Ruff. They'll be posting updates on their fb page if you want to follow https://www.facebook.com/DNADoeProject/
    I actually did see something about that over on WS earlier this week. The DNA Doe Project is potentially talking about taking on several of the high profile UID cases. How amazing would it be to get answers on some of the big cases that have gone unanswered for so long.

Thanks for updating me...I would have totally missed it if I hadn't been trying to find something on another case and ventured over to WS and saw that Lyle's thread had just been bumped and I got curious.

Thread Information