Page 303 of 420 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 313 353 403 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 10500

Thread: Chit Chat

I look at it as an indifference to a certain topic at hand. I think maybe its even needed at times. Much like the posts about peaceful riots not making change.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoberT View Post
    Honestly, I think the media is the root to the majority of the problems in the United States. Poor news coverage breeds ignorance on all sides. But Ron does have a point. We have had peaceful protests since Freddie died and they didn't make national news.

However, under no circumstances do I find it acceptable to throw bricks at firefighters while they're trying to put out a fire that's destroying the city. I agree with the rage, but you don't riot about the loss of innocent lives by throwing bricks at innocent people.
    Winner winner, chicken dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    so, now we're burning the American Flag in protest? No. That's not and will never be ok.
    Seriously?

American citizens get stepped on and disrespected, and no one cares. Hell, some of us actually cheer about it. But a piece of cloth (made in China) gets stepped on and disrespected, and people LOSE THEIR MINDS.

I will never understand flag worship.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Seriously?

American citizens get stepped on and disrespected, and no one cares. Hell, some of us actually cheer about it. But a piece of cloth (made in China) gets stepped on and disrespected, and people LOSE THEIR MINDS.

I will never understand flag worship.
    this.

also, flag burning desecration is like, protesting 101.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This. This right here wins the internet:
    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...fb_ref=Default
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

this is the kind of stuff that my white friend's post on fb. actually, a friend of mine wrote this.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2015/04/b...rest-protests/

Vertigo Kitten is back to his old self and in the window.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

that is good to here, u2. poor kitteh.

so the riots are everything on my fb feed today. someone i don't know just posted 'obama got 87% of the vote in baltimore city.' what the hell is that supposed to mean, exactly?

Its a manipulative shell game- put the focus on the "bad behavior" of rioting, distract from the real issue of the injustice that caused the rioting.
    Sick and gross. Id wanna burn shit down too.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Yeah, the next person on my Facebook feed to fucking share a FauxNews article and refer to "animals" or "savage" is getting swiftly deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    this.

also, flag burning desecration is like, protesting 101.
    then please explain to me why, in a sane and rational manner. I expect you're able to, whereas I'll get bullshit emotional responses from Ron.

Eta: Ron, just because I disagree with burning of the flag does mean I "worship" the flag. You like to make sweeping assumptions and generalizations and it's just as unfair as those doing it about protesters. You're basing it off of a single statement without further dialogue, their basing it off of seeing a single (set of) action taken.
    Last edited by Miller22; 04-28-2015 at 05:58 AM.

Is there not a thread on Freddie Gray or the riots in Baltimore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    that is good to here, u2. poor kitteh.

so the riots are everything on my fb feed today. someone i don't know just posted 'obama got 87% of the vote in baltimore city.' what the hell is that supposed to mean, exactly?
    Nothing. Nothing at all. Maryland and Baltimore are democratic. There's no correlation.

The riots are happening all the fuck over the place in Baltimore. it's pretty sad to me to see my hometown -ish in this state.

I know its not in line with the majority of folks here, but I don't agree with the rioting. The peaceful protests, sure. The violence and destruction, no. I don't care what attention it attracts. It's like a child: I'm not getting the attention I want, so I act poorly/act out to get attention. The child (protesters) shouldihave to act out for attention, but the behavior is still bad.

Eta: yeah Deb - as per usual there's a lot of gross racist shit out there.
    Last edited by Miller22; 04-28-2015 at 05:52 AM.

if you're outraged about the rioting and not outraged about the fact that cops have been getting away with murder, racism, poverty, and all the other social and economic issues we have that have lead to the rioting... you're doing it wrong.

if you're outraged about the rioting and not outraged about the fact that cops have been getting away with murder, racism, poverty, and all the other social and economic issues we have that have lead to the rioting... you're doing it wrong.
    I'm not even going to get into a discussion about cops. It's not happening.

how can you discuss rioting and ignore the role the cops play in it? with their riot gear and their military equipment. sorry, but if you only look at half the picture you are definitely doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Nothing. Nothing at all. Maryland and Baltimore are democratic. There's no correlation.

The riots are happening all the fuck over the place in Baltimore. it's pretty sad to me to see my hometown -ish in this state.

I know its not in line with the majority of folks here, but I don't agree with the rioting. The peaceful protests, sure. The violence and destruction, no. I don't care what attention it attracts. It's like a child: I'm not getting the attention I want, so I act poorly/act out to get attention. The child (protesters) shouldihave to act out for attention, but the behavior is still bad.

Eta: yeah Deb - as per usual there's a lot of gross racist shit out there.
    I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with disagreeing with the violence and rioting. I think problems start arising when, like emmie said, you ignore the bigger picture behind the rioting (of course not saying that you have--I'm sure you acknowledge that blatant racism still exists).

Personally, I don't think the riots are going to do a damn thing beyond creating a larger dichotomy between communities and pissing off a lot of people. I understand the rage, and I can't say I would do differently if I had my back against the wall. Being white, I can say that I have never, and most likely will never, experience that feeling. I wish that I could see change come from these riots so they never have to happen again, but I really don't see that happening.

At this point, I think the best thing that can be done is to change law enforcement from the inside. I don't think things will change until the good cops let their voices be heard, and good hearted and educated people begin going into law enforcement. But that kind of change would take a while.

how can you discuss rioting and ignore the role the cops play in it? with their riot gear and their military equipment. sorry, but if you only look at half the picture you are definitely doing it wrong.
    I have discussions about police and their role(s) in situations on a regular basis. However, I do not like the tone the discussions take on MDS so I Rarely engage in them on this board.
    Last edited by Miller22; 04-28-2015 at 06:49 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary portion

Interview with local Bmore Bloods & Crips refuting claims they're joining forces to go after cops: http://m.wbaltv.com/news/gang-member...-cops/32609810

I dont think many people are FOR the riots, per se - Peaceful protesting is infinitely better for all parties.
    At the risk of sounding dramatic though - historically, what happens when the government forces become so drastically misaligned with the general populace? Violence. It isnt GOOD but it is a force that will continue to occur until there is change, as October said.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Still not a single post about the riot in my news feed which I find odd since every single friend of mine posted that stupid dress last month. #whitepeopleareoblivious #welcometomybubble #hatethatstupiddress

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

We look back over history at repressed ppl and say "why didn't they rise up?"
    We watch movies about huge groups of ppl who were killed, harmed, and worse and you hear that question over and over again.
    Yet when it happens people get angry and victim blame.
    I heard this on the news last night and it is spot on: "Freddie Gray is dead that's why the city is burning, and lets be clear, its not burning because of protesters. The city is burning because the police killed Freddy Gray."
    We need to really weigh why this even happened. Why this wasn't f'ing prevented. Since last August when the straw broke the camels back everyone saw this coming. If shit does not change this will get worse. They have peaceful protested over and over and over again. Every night in Ferg from August on it was peaceful with the exception of a few nights. No one cared. No one *really* cared when the protesters marched and watermelons and bottles of 40s were put out for them.
    Burn a car covered by insurance and the damn world is ending. Ppl sure do pay attention when a car is burned though.
    How much more talking and marching are they supposed to do?

Yes. This is not the end, but maybe the beginning of the end. Powerful people (cops, soldiers, lynch mobs) have been abusing their power forever. But unless you were one of the oppressed or one of the oppressors it was easy to go about in ignorance or at least to believe that it was the victims own fault. If only he'd done as he ought... Once in a while a reporter or other creditable witness would offer proof of police brutality and ordinary citizens would be forced to see that one or two bad people took advantage of their power to do this one bad thing.

But now? Virtually every person has the power to provide proof that yes, vicious thugs do roam our streets. And all too many of them are working on the public dime. Now, what shall we do about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

i made a thread if you want to move the discussion there -

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...46#post3621846
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Thanks Beli

Thread Information