Page 418 of 420 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 416 417 418 419 420 LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 10500

Thread: Chit Chat

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    that works for me but if you really want to see my eyes glow let's start talking baseball.
    Sorry, I am a one trick pony. The only sport I care about, and boy do I care(!!!), is football. Maybe someone else is into baseball though?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    that works for me but if you really want to see my eyes glow let's start talking baseball.
    Now Baseball I'm down for. That's my game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I don't watch any sports on TV. However, I will go to a hockey game or basketball game and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Have you guys seen that they are trying to get DNA off the tylenol bottles from the poisonings in 1982, and do familial DNA? I'm excited to think they might actually solve that case and charge someone!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Have you guys seen that they are trying to get DNA off the tylenol bottles from the poisonings in 1982, and do familial DNA? I'm excited to think they might actually solve that case and charge someone!
    I guess they are using touch DNA?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I guess they are using touch DNA?
    Yes, from the bottles. I thought about making a thread, but we'll see if they get anywhere. This is the hardest kind of DNA to pull, as opposed to saliva, semen, etc.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tylenol...0-years-later/

40 years later, Tylenol murder investigators order new DNA tests on key evidence

I remember reading about that case, that was crazy scary.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I remember reading about that case, that was crazy scary.
    I was about 7-8, but I remember when it happened. Everyone was freaking out and afraid of everything. That case is the reason we have all the safety lids and tamper resistant seals on products nowadays.

I was about 7-8, but I remember when it happened. Everyone was freaking out and afraid of everything. That case is the reason we have all the safety lids and tamper resistant seals on products nowadays.
    I remember it too. I hope they can get done answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Now Baseball I'm down for. That's my game.
    Baseball is always my number one sport but I do enjoy football and strangely enough I like curling too. We even have a curling club in the area but I'm too hard to get back up off my knee years old so I haven't tried it yet.

Speaking of age since no one is, fingers crossed that my eye dr gives me the green light on removing my cataracts. I have an appt. later today He's been bringing me in every few months and then he says "not ripe yet" and tells me to come back in a couple months. He's a nice enough guy but it's starting to feel like a relationship and I can only handle one of those at a time.
    I'd like to get it over with before baseball starts back up.
    Last edited by marshmallow; 01-31-2023 at 04:01 AM. Reason: fingers type faster than brain thinks
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Baseball is always my number one sport but I do enjoy football and strangely enough I like curling too. We even have a curling club in the area but I'm too hard to get back up off my knee years old so I haven't tried it yet.

Speaking of age since no one is, fingers crossed that my eye dr gives me the green light on removing my cataracts. I have an appt. later today He's been bringing me in every few months and then he says "not ripe yet" and tells me to come back in a couple months. He's a nice enough guy but it's starting to feel like a relationship and I can only handle one of those at a time.
    I'd like to get it over with before baseball starts back up.
    Have you ever had lasik? I have had cataracts, detected in my early 40's, and they say it's from my lasik surgery. My doc says that there is a whole group of younger folks needing cataract surgery (mine aren't that bad yet) because of it.

Have you ever had lasik? I have had cataracts, detected in my early 40's, and they say it's from my lasik surgery. My doc says that there is a whole group of younger folks needing cataract surgery (mine aren't that bad yet) because of it.
    So glad I never got lasik! My dad bugged me for a long time to get it, but I couldn't bring myself to have someone cut into my eyeballs lol.

Nope. The Mr has but his eyes are fine.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

So glad I never got lasik! My dad bugged me for a long time to get it, but I couldn't bring myself to have someone cut into my eyeballs lol.

I watched, from the other room through the glass wall, the Mr having his done and I hell nope-d on that.

My lasik was one of the best things I ever did, cataracts aside. My vision was BAD and I got where I couldn't wear contacts and glasses didn't give me good sight. I loved every minute of the 20ish years I didn't have to deal with glasses or contacts, and my vision was better than 20/20. It was AMAZING! And one day when I have cataract surgery they will put in one of the new lenses and it will correct my vision again. I'm ready to do it but my cataracts aren't bad enough yet.

I watched, from the other room through the glass wall, the Mr having his done and I hell nope-d on that.
    My hubby did the same thing on closed circuit tv and was like "NOPE!" afterwards.

My lasik was one of the best things I ever did, cataracts aside. My vision was BAD and I got where I couldn't wear contacts and glasses didn't give me good sight. I loved every minute of the 20ish years I didn't have to deal with glasses or contacts, and my vision was better than 20/20. It was AMAZING! And one day when I have cataract surgery they will put in one of the new lenses and it will correct my vision again. I'm ready to do it but my cataracts aren't bad enough yet.

My hubby did the same thing on closed circuit tv and was like "NOPE!" afterwards.
    I used to wear contacts then switched to glasses when I was about 26. I love glasses, they are like decoration for my face. lol.

I used to wear contacts then switched to glasses when I was about 26. I love glasses, they are like decoration for my face. lol.
    I had to start wearing glasses again about 3 years ago and I hate every.single.second.of.it.

I had to start wearing glasses again about 3 years ago and I hate every.single.second.of.it.
    It's not ideal seeing - wise, but it's cool because it can be like an accessory and you can get different kinds of frames. Of course, I'm usually too broke to do that, shit is expensive!

It's not ideal seeing - wise, but it's cool because it can be like an accessory and you can get different kinds of frames. Of course, I'm usually too broke to do that, shit is expensive!
    I hate that I am constantly cleaning them. I feel like I clean them and five minutes later they are dirty. I get the top of the line lenses with all of the coatings and nothing helps.

I hate that I am constantly cleaning them. I feel like I clean them and five minutes later they are dirty. I get the top of the line lenses with all of the coatings and nothing helps.
    Cleaning is just a constant thing, I know you're not "supposed" to clean them with your clothes but I do anyways - I am just glad mine haven't gotten scratched (I bought the scratch-free lenses). My last pair were scratched so badly I couldn't see and had to get new ones.

I don't mind my glasses, I got bifocals for the first time last Fall and I wish I'd gotten them sooner but pride .. my appt ended up being for a glaucoma test.

I'm spending the rest of the week going through the slides my parents took over their lifetimes. I'm at 1959 right now and I think I'm tossing about half. The family photos I am scanning onto sticks and into a group on FB of all of my cousins. My parents really really loved taking photos of everyone and every thing. Luckily at least half are labeled.

I don't mind my glasses, I got bifocals for the first time last Fall and I wish I'd gotten them sooner but pride .. my appt ended up being for a glaucoma test.

I'm spending the rest of the week going through the slides my parents took over their lifetimes. I'm at 1959 right now and I think I'm tossing about half. The family photos I am scanning onto sticks and into a group on FB of all of my cousins. My parents really really loved taking photos of everyone and every thing. Luckily at least half are labeled.
    That's really cool about the photos. I have just photo albums to go by. Thankfully, those weren't up for discussion when bringing them to Ireland.

It must be amazing to see photos that you either forgot about or didn't know existed. I wish I had more from before I was born. Not many that I have except my Mom graduating from nursing school.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    That's really cool about the photos. I have just photo albums to go by. Thankfully, those weren't up for discussion when bringing them to Ireland.

It must be amazing to see photos that you either forgot about or didn't know existed. I wish I had more from before I was born. Not many that I have except my Mom graduating from nursing school.
    I made it through the early 1960s today. That was the sorting out things and people I've never seen before but my parents were friends with. Our family photos go way back. I have tin types and so does a cousin. But the slides are the big part. So many slides. I scanned a few for my cousins. Luckily they could fill in names for me. We're sharing everyone's collections and picking out and saving the ones we each want. We used to travel to see each of them, we did Thanksgiving at my Uncles, Christmas at Dad's cousins, Easter at my Aunts, and a summer camping week with our cousins from Ohio. Looking back, it was pretty cool to do. People don't do that as much anymore. I'm showing my age.

damn, where'd everyone go?
    I'm taking a break from scanning today and sorting the preteen and teen years for my brother and me. I remember corduroy and polyester the rest is a blur. Pink outfits more suited for the over 70 crowd than me, my brother and dad in polyester powder blue leisure suits. We matched. a lot. way too often. I hated it.
    Funny thing is now at baseball it is expected that the Mr and I match t-shirts. We did it once by accident a few years ago because great minds obviously think alike. Fast forward 6 years and we always match. The reason isn't what they think though, I may love the guy but I do it because I'm very short and it's easier to find him in the crowd when I know exactly what he's wearing.

Happy Monday to all who see this.

damn, where'd everyone go?
    I'm taking a break from scanning today and sorting the preteen and teen years for my brother and me. I remember corduroy and polyester the rest is a blur. Pink outfits more suited for the over 70 crowd than me, my brother and dad in polyester powder blue leisure suits. We matched. a lot. way too often. I hated it.
    Funny thing is now at baseball it is expected that the Mr and I match t-shirts. We did it once by accident a few years ago because great minds obviously think alike. Fast forward 6 years and we always match. The reason isn't what they think though, I may love the guy but I do it because I'm very short and it's easier to find him in the crowd when I know exactly what he's wearing.

Happy Monday to all who see this.
    I'm here, just limited to how long I am on this site. I will pop in throughout the day.

Thread Information