Thread: Lucas Ruiz (17 months) died after mom injected hand sanitizer into his feeding tube

Lucas Ruiz (17 months) died after mom injected hand sanitizer into his feeding tube

This one is interesting because the father was arrested for poisoning him back in 2012. Now the mom says she did it that time, too. She says she didn't want the little boy to suffer any longer. Apparently he had lots of health problems and disabilities.

"Belle Chase -- The Plaquemines Parish Sheriff?s office reported that a 20-year-old mother from Belle Chasse has been charged for murdering her 17-month-old son.

EMS rushed the baby, Lucas Ruiz, to the hospital on Friday, January 24, after an emergency notice that the boy was not breathing and had no pulse.

Lucas Ruiz was taken to two hospitals, and was eventually pronounced dead at the Children?s Hospital in New Orleans.

On March 7, the Jefferson Parish Coroner?s Office gave an autopsy report that said the baby?s blood alcohol content level was about .280 g/%. The cause of death was determined to be acute ethanol intoxication, and the manner of death was homicide.

Cesar Ruiz, the baby?s father, had been arrested for a prior poisoning incident of Lucas that happened on October 27, 2012. The baby was awaiting heart surgery at the time.

In the 2012 incident, it was alleged that Cesar Ruiz poisoned the baby bow with rum while he was in the hospital.

Cesar Ruiz also allegedly confessed to the poisoning and was then arrested for attempted first degree murder.

On February 7, 2013, the father was charged with second degree cruelty to a juvenile. His case is pending in Jefferson Parish 24th Judicial District Court.

On Monday, March 11, 2014, PPSO Detectives interviewed Lucas? mother, Erika Wigstrom.

According to police, Wigstrom confessed to injecting hand sanitizer in Lucas? feeding tube prior to feeding him on January 23, 2014.

Police say Wigstrom also admitted to injecting perfume into the boy?s feeding tube while he was being treated at the hospital on October 16, 2012. She told detectives that Cesar Ruiz was not the person who poisoned Lucas in 2012.

Wigstrom told investigators that she injected alcohol into Lucas? feeding tube on both occasions because she didn?t want him to suffer any longer.

Wigstrom was arrested and booked for first degree murder."

http://www.myarklamiss.com/story/d/story/louisiana-mother-charged-in-poisoning-death-of-son/24271/x0w2cJ1-XEWgPp5Cim8yVQ

The poor baby

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Putting on an act? Wigstrom's confession may come as a surprise to anyone who saw a local news segment shot in spring of 2013 when she called out Lucas's father for harming their child and described the heartache she felt as he suffered seizures in her arms
    What a bitch -

But the young mother was singing a far different tune while Lucas was still in her care. Just last April, Wigstrom told WWLTV of the trauma she endured as Lucas suffered from the rum poisoning and of how it caused a rift between her and the baby's father. 'That baby had a seizure in that hospital bed with me and all the nurses and the ICU doctors standing around his bed, for 58 minutes.

I talked to that baby the entire time, trying to get him to come back to me,' she said last year. 'Right now, I have no relationship with him. I do not desire a relationship with him. I will never have a relationship with him,' Wigstrom said. Cesar Ruiz was charged with second-degree cruelty to a juvenile, but it remained unclear just after Wigstrom's arrest whether he'd still stand trial. Wigstrom, however, will stand trial. And at a bond hearing Wednesday, she broke down in tears as her charge was read: first degree murder.
    '
    Last edited by blighted star; 03-22-2014 at 06:28 AM.

"That baby"??? Could she possibly sound more emotionally detached?

Skip to 1.40 for her tone of voice at the funeral.

My kid was so cool God wanted him ...

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    "That baby"??? Could she possibly sound more emotionally detached?
    Yep.

At the funeral, by his coffin. She didn't even bother to fake it.

Oh my God. I hope she fries.

Manchausen by proxy?

Murder by Monster.

Murder by selfish psychopath. lucas never had a chance at life.

So this cunt-face-neandertal-bitch not only mudered her son to end his suffering (yea right), she offed him because she is the mommy from hell, and that's what all good mommys from hell do.

Oh no she didn't! "That baby". I tried to go through my laptop while watching her *joyful good riddance* funeral speech, and strangle me a no good white trash bitch.

You don't want your baby? Fine. Louisiana safe-haven law allows a baby up to 60 days old to be surrendered at 8 different locations. What's the problem? Oh, he was 17mos. Not a problem either, someone would have loved him.

Louisiana has the DP. I hope this is a capital case. Erika could not cry for her murdered son but she had no problem turing on the water
    works for herself upon hearing her charges. Makes me sick.

Godspeed, sweet Lucas
    Last edited by u2addict; 03-23-2014 at 12:46 AM. Reason: psycopath LOFL

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

God, that video. Unfuckingbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Thread Information