Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: William Jensen (2) dies and his brother, Tyler (4) left seriously ill after mother left them in SUV to meet a man

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

William Jensen (2) dies and his brother, Tyler (4) left seriously ill after mother left them in SUV to meet a man

Affidavit: Mom admits leaving kids in car

A Palisade mother admitted to a Mesa County sheriff's investigator she left her toddler sons alone in her Toyota 4Runner, with it's engine running, for approximately 90 minutes Tuesday night near Powderhorn Mountain Resort while she met a man, according to records obtained by The Daily Sentinel.

At 6:31 p.m., 24-year-old Heather Jensen called 911, reporting her 2-year-old boy, William, was unconscious, not breathing and had no pulse, reads a search warrant affidavit signed by a Mesa County judge early Wednesday.

With emergency crews scrambling to respond Tuesday night, Jensen told dispatchers around 6:50 p.m. that her 4-year-old boy, Tyler, was breathing but gurgling with every breath, the affidavit said.

William was pronounced dead at the scene, while Tyler was flown to St. Mary's Hospital before being transferred to Children's Hospital in Denver. He remained in critical condition there through Wednesday.

The Mesa County Coroner's Office as of Wednesday had not released the cause and manner of William's death, while the Sheriff's Department said little in the ongoing investigation.

According to the search warrant, Jensen told deputies in her initial statement at the scene she had taken her sons to play in the snow near the ski resort. When they finished, she said she put the boys back in their car seats and started her 4Runner.

Heather stated she stood outside the vehicle, smoking a cigarette, and then spoke to a friend who happened to drive by, an investigator wrote in the affidavit. Heather said after about 10 minutes, she got in the vehicle and started driving home. She described hearing Tyler making gurgling noises within minutes of driving away.

She said she pulled over, discovered William wasn't breathing and called 911, while taking CPR instructions over the phone.

Jensen gave a different account of events in an interview late Tuesday at the Sheriff's Department.

She said she contacted a male friend Tuesday afternoon and made arrangements to meet him near the ski resort, the affidavit said. They met while Jensen said she allowed her children to play in the snow, before she put them back in their car seats and started her engine.

She described getting into the man's truck, which was parked next to her 4Runner.

Heather admitted that she left her two sons alone in her 4Runner, with its engine running, for approximately 90 minutes before she returned to the vehicle and drove away, the affidavit said.

Jensen denied using any narcotics or controlled substances, although she said she had a prescription for anti-depressant medication.

Heather stated she previously had an addiction to pain medication but had not used any for about one year, the affidavit said.

She told the investigator both children were wearing coats when they were outside playing and she took the coats off when they got back into the 4Runner because they were wet, the affidavit said.

An investigator wrote in the affidavit there was probable cause to believe the crime of child abuse resulting in death had been committed. The search warrant authorized the seizure of any articles of children's clothing remaining in the 4Runner, in addition to prescriptions, empty prescription containers, controlled substances, pesticides, chemicals or poisons. A mechanical inspection also was authorized for the 4Runner's exhaust and emission system, as well as testing for the presence of carbon monoxide.

The 4Runner was impounded Wednesday at the Sheriff's Department.

The investigation comes in the wake of the death of Jensen's husband, Eric, 26, who died in a two-car accident Oct. 10 in Garfield County. A Colorado State Patrol accident reports said Eric Jensen was driving north on Garfield County Road 319 on Oct. 10, when his vehicle lost control and rotated into oncoming, southbound traffic and collided with another vehicle driven by 37-year-old Justin Robinson of Rifle. The report said excessive speed on Jensen's part was a contributing factor. Nobody else was in the vehicles.

Heather Jensen had been serving a deferred judgment and probation stemming from a domestic violence arrest on March 13 in which Eric Jensen was the named victim, according to court records.

Eric Jensen told arresting Palisade police officers his wife had punched and bit him when he confronted her about hanging out with a woman she receives medication from, an arrest affidavit said. Eric Jensen told the officer she had taken Vicodin and Percocet in the past.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/artic...meet-male-fri/

i thought we had an article about her husband on here? i guess.

dang it i messed up the title.

rip william and eric.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 11-29-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Error Correction

Whoa. How did he die? The warrant would let them seize any items of that nature if they were present, but doesn't state for sure that they were found, no?

My mum has done this before, I remember as a Chloe. Left me in the back seat while she stood outside the car and talked to a friend, for up to a half our tough. And never left to another car/out of eye sight.

Rip kiddo

*child I've never been a chloe!

Quote Originally Posted by CorgiKid View Post
    *child I've never been a chloe!
    I thought it must have been some kind of British word or something.

Maybe they suspect some type of poisoning and that's why they included it in the warrant? I wonder if she had some type of car fluid in there and the kids got in it.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    90 minutes?? I mean I could understand turning on the car and the heater, and standing right outside the car to have a cig, but that takes like 3 mins. WHY would you leave your kids and your car running for 90 minutes? This angers me, it's such a senseless death.

RIP sweet boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

was she fucking the dude while her kids were in her car? wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    was she fucking the dude while her kids were in her car? wtf?
    I was wondering that too. The article was vague about what she was doing in there, but that was my first thought.

Sex with a dude lasting 90 minutes?!

It was drugs.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post

It was drugs.
    God damn it.

How annoyed are people that can't get knocked up when they hear stories like this? Cause there's a fucking lot of them.

And I wonder if this makes pro-life people sad. Probably not.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[QUOTE=rachy;3260096]
    Johnny Jensen
    carbon monoxide has been ruled out since tyler got to childrens hospital Like 14 hours ago

3 people like this.

If this is true, I wonder if mom had medication in her purse that they got to. Or, if there were any car fluid bottles; antifreeze, brake fluid, radiator fluid, etc.

God damn it.

How annoyed are people that can't get knocked up when they hear stories like this? Cause there's a fucking lot of them.

I mean, I've had dudes tell me they have what it takes to "turn" me straight. It still didn't last no 90 minutes. Maybe 9 minutes, tops. haha

I lol'd @ pro-life/sad

God damn it.

When my husband and I had trouble getting pregnant, stories like this pissed me off.

IF there was a car parked next to the car that the kids were in, can the carbon monoxide get into the kids' car?

Those poor kids. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    When my husband and I had trouble getting pregnant, stories like this pissed me off.

IF there was a car parked next to the car that the kids were in, can the carbon monoxide get into the kids' car?

Those poor kids. :(
    If the car running next to it was putting out some major fumes, I would guess yes. Also, if the vehicle the children were in was broke, the carbon monoxide may have been getting in. I forget what part has to be broke for this to happen. I'm better at not knowing the names of things but knowing how they work and/or are used. I AM a lady, after all. Anyway, there might have been a leak in the vehicle for who knows how long, but the passengers were never symptomatic because they weren't in the car long enough.
    Does that make any sense at all?

If the car running next to it was putting out some major fumes, I would guess yes. Also, if the vehicle the children were in was broke, the carbon monoxide may have been getting in. I forget what part has to be broke for this to happen. I'm better at not knowing the names of things but knowing how they work and/or are used. I AM a lady, after all. Anyway, there might have been a leak in the vehicle for who knows how long, but the passengers were never symptomatic because they weren't in the car long enough.
    Does that make any sense at all?
    That makes sense. I don't really know how things work when it comes to cars. I wouldn't even know how to change my tire. lol

It was drugs.
    I snorted. Valid point...it CAN happen...but not usually in a car, on a mountain, with kids in the car next to you...you'd think the guy would have trouble concentrating.

she said they were 'talking' in his car.

Yeah, "talking" is doing drugs.

Family Member Speaks Out About Toddler Death

MESA COUNTY, Colo.- Authorities responded to Powderhorn Road and Highway 65 around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday when two young children appeared to be having some sort of severe medical issues.

By the time the Mesa County Sheriff's Office arrived, one of the children, a 2-year-old boy, had passed away.

His brother, a 4-year-old boy, was taken by CareFlight to St. Mary's Hospital and then transported overnight to Children's Hospital in Denver.

Authorities are not confirming whether any guardians were present or if the vehicle had been abandoned.

NewsChannel 5 spoke with Robert Mathena, who says he is the children's step-grandfather.

He didn't want to speak on camera; however, he did say that sadly, he isn't surprised about what happened.

According to Mathena, Heather Jensen is the mother of the two boys, William and Tyler.

He says that Jensen has a history of bad behavior, including a third-degree misdemeanor assault charge on her record.

Mathena told NewsChannel 5 that he believes Jensen went skiing with another person up at the old Powderhorn ski site when she left the boys in a running vehicle.

Two of Mathena's stepsons are in Denver at the Children's Hospital with 4-year-old Tyler, who he says is comatose.

Due to the sensitive nature of the investigation, information from authorities is coming in slowly.

The Mesa County Coroner's Office worked overnight and continued their work Wednesday.

Officials say they'll release a cause and manner of death for 2-year-old William once an autopsy is complete.

It's unknown whether the investigation will turn criminal.

http://www.krextv.com/news/around-th...181281571.html

Or, "talking" could be skiing.

Autopsy Report In Child Death Investigation May Take Months

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (CBS4)- It could take months for an autopsy report from the Mesa County Coroner to be made public in the investigation of a child death near Powderhorn Ski Area.

The mother of a toddler who died in a car this week near a Colorado ski resort told police she left the boy and his brother alone in the SUV while it was running for an hour and a half, according to court documents obtained by a Grand Junction newspaper.

The children were found Tuesday night in a Toyota 4-Runner near the Powderhorn ski area. Tyler, 4, was taken to a hospital in Grand Junction and then airlifted to Children’s Hospital in Denver. He was listed as being in critical condition on Wednesday.

The exact nature of how Tyler was injured haven’t been released, but it’s thought carbon monoxide poisoning played a role. Autopsy results also haven’t been released so far in the death of his brother William, 2.

The Daily Sentinel reports that police records show their mother, Heather Jensen, 24, of Palisade, told a Mesa County sheriff’s investigator she was in the car of a man while the children were in the SUV alone. She was also apparently the one who called 911 to report that the boys were in trouble.

The newspaper also reported that Jensen first told police she was outside the vehicle for only 10 minutes but then changed her story.

The incident happened inside a vehicle parked on the side of Powderhorn Road, just off Highway 65 at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. That is near the entrance to Powderhorn Ski Resort, which isn’t open for the season yet.

Jensen posted photos of the boys on her Facebook page hours after making the 911 call, saying “I miss my boys.”

The Mesa County Sheriff’s office so far hasn’t released a report to media in the case. They are calling it only a death investigation.

The Sentinel also reported that police searched Jensen’s vehicle and that an investigator wrote in that search warrant that there was probable cause to believe a crime of child abuse resulting in death had been committed.

CBS4′s request to view the same court documents the Sentinel was provided access to was rejected.

“How is this not considered a criminal investigation if a child has died?” CBS4′s Jeff Todd asked Mesa County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Heather Benjamin.

“Well it may get to that. It just depends on the coroner’s results and where that goes into our investigation,” Benjamin said. “Child abuse cases typically aren’t black or white.”

The autopsy on William is expected to provide additional information in the case. It could take two months or longer for the autopsy report to be released.

“An illness, something like that, that wasn’t discovered or wasn’t obvious on scene, compared to comparing evidence on scene or evidence gathered through the course of the investigation that may turn it into a criminal investigation,” said Benjamin.

The newspaper also reported that Jensen’s 26-year-old husband Eric died in an accident in October.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/11/3...y-take-months/

it's not looking good for tyler

UPDATE: Step-grandfather: boy left in car has zero chance of survival

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. The recovery of a boy hospitalized after an incident at Powderhorn has taken a devastating turn.

Doctors tell the family of Tyler Jensen that he has no chance of surviving, his step-grandfather Robert Mathena says after speaking with his step-son David on the phone.

Four-year-old Tyler is suffering from severe liver and kidney damage, and physicians say he is too weak for any transplants. The doctors discovered the degree of damage today during an MRI.

Mathena tells KKCO 11 News that Tyler's uncle, David, was supposed to have a hearing tomorrow to ask for custody of Tyler, but that has been canceled.

PREVIOUS STORY

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) The four year old who was hospitalized in an incident at Powderhorn Tuesday continues his recovery at a Denver hospital.

Tyler's step-grandfather, Robert Mathena, tells KKCO 11 News that the boy has woken up and is responsive. The doctors discovered Tyler has liver damage, and they should know more after his MRI this morning, according to Mathena.

Tyler Jensen is in intensive care at Children's Hospital in Denver.

On multiple Facebook comments, Tyler's mother, Heather, says he was poisoned by carbon monoxide. However, Tyler's brother, William, died in the same incident, and the Mesa County Coroner's Office has not released William's cause of death yet, so carbon monoxide has not been confirmed as the cause.

On her page, Heather says Tyler may be taken off life support today.

Another Facebook page called Prayer Train for Tyler Jensen claims he is in critical condition.

A spokesperson for Children's Hospital says Tyler is not listed on the patient registry. However, she qualified that statement by saying there are instances where patients are listed as private, so no information can be released.

As for the circumstances surrounding the incident, the Mesa County Sheriff's Office still has released little information.

"Once the cause and manner is released, a lot more information would make sense, and pieces would fall together for the public. We are not at that point, though," Heather Benjamin, a spokesperson for the Mesa County Sheriff's Office, told KKCO's sister station KUSA on Wednesday.

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headli...181379641.html

Johnny Jensen
    carbon monoxide has been ruled out since tyler got to childrens hospital Like 14 hours ago

3 people like this.

Prayer train for Tyler Jenson So what is the cause do you know?
    9 hours ago via mobile Like

Johnny Jensen Still waiting on detail
    9 hours ago via mobile Like 1

Tanya Redding Johnny I want you, Alicia, David, and your whole
    family to know that you all have been in thoughts and prayers. If you need anything let me know and I will do what I can to help
    8 hours ago Like

Sandra Fowler I hope it is something that he can make a speedy
    recovery from we all miss him very very much. By the way we are all rutting for you!!!!
    5 hours ago via mobile Like

Amber Brouhard Anything i can do to help i will
    about an hour ago via mobile

https://www.facebook.com/PrayerTrainForTylerJenson

william
    tyler
    Last edited by rachy; 12-01-2012 at 08:14 AM.

i still haven't found heather's facebook but i found her myspace but it's useless it's private.

but heres a picture of heather,eric and tyler

Heather Williams
    Local news announced tonight these are not injuries related to carbon monoxide poisoning...I wish we had more information to Tyler's present condition, and what really happened that Tuesday evening by Powderhorn.

You are still in our thoughts and prayers Tyler- get stronger little man. We are all open arms of love now and when you get better. Hugs!Like ? ? 17 hours ago

"skiing" means a little something different where I come from.

More to this story fo' sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AZPistonsGirl View Post
    "skiing" means a little something different where I come from.

More to this story fo' sure.

well they were at a "ski resort"

Thread Information