Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholas Brady (17) and his cousin Haile Kifer (18) were shot as they allegedly broke into a home on Thanksgiving Day

I stated you make the first shot count... But I also stated this dude was totally wrong. It's not always black and white when it comes to guns.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronsmommy View Post
    I stated you make the first shot count... But I also stated this dude was totally wrong. It's not always black and white when it comes to guns.
    Yea, but for some people statements like that are WAY out of their realm. And she's from England where the population isn't as gun happy as Americans are.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Member Keann Scissorhands Powley's Avatar
    A lot of people around here had the opposite reaction, they were all "poor kids, so young". I told my whole nursing class they're crap because they were like "the kids at school said such good things about the girl". I don't even think it'll change their minds knowing that they were drug addicts. I live in Minneapolis, a couple hours away from little falls, I wonder what the reaction is there.

This guy with his mercy kill is all kinds of fucked up. It's people like him that make me rethink hating guns.

I'm thinking the guys timetable is suspect at best. There's only him to say she didn't come rushing down the stairs when she heard the first shot. Her laughing was most likely gurgling on her own blood.

This guy will probably get a few years in prison. Then when he gets out, he'll probably kill someone else. He sure sounds like he enjoyed it enough to want to do it again.

(Shame Lucas Davenport didn't get this case.)

Fucking bullshit if you ask me. I asked specifically if the homeowner had a right to take action and yes he did BUT this guy in this specific case is a glorified killer. He wasnt scared of the girl. He killed for nutty reasons.

Not all gun owners are scary people. We all know I have a pretty large amount of guns in my housse but does that make me a 'weird, crazy, bulletproof thinking, im gonna blow away anyone that comes in my house' type of person? No, it doesnt. It would kill my spirit to take a life but if its my family or an intruder, im shooting. Sorry.

As far as what was said before about making that shot count? We've been over this before. There are two ways to look at it. Either you shoot to kill or you shoot to wound the person to give you enough time to get the hell out of there.

Now, in my house, my boys are not right next to my room, they are spread about in different parts of the house. I cant be three people and hover over all three of my boys so if i feel an immediate threat and the bad guy isnt backing down, yeah, ill make that shot count.
    My kids mean more to me than some asshole that came into my house in a threatening manner.

It doesnt really matteer anyways because im sur the 600lbs of dogs will get to him first.

RONALD, NOT ALL GUN OWNERS ARE CRAZY.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Fucking bullshit if you ask me. I asked specifically if the homeowner had a right to take action and yes he did BUT this guy in this specific case is a glorified killer. He wasnt scared of the girl. He killed for nutty reasons.

Not all gun owners are scary people. We all know I have a pretty large amount of guns in my housse but does that make me a 'weird, crazy, bulletproof thinking, im gonna blow away anyone that comes in my house' type of person? No, it doesnt. It would kill my spirit to take a life but if its my family or an intruder, im shooting. Sorry.

As far as what was said before about making that shot count? We've been over this before. There are two ways to look at it. Either you shoot to kill or you shoot to wound the person to give you enough time to get the hell out of there.

Now, in my house, my boys are not right next to my room, they are spread about in different parts of the house. I cant be three people and hover over all three of my boys so if i feel an immediate threat and the bad guy isnt backing down, yeah, ill make that shot count.
    My kids mean more to me than some asshole that came into my house in a threatening manner.

It doesnt really matteer anyways because im sur the 600lbs of dogs will get to him first.

RONALD, NOT ALL GUN OWNERS ARE CRAZY.
    Don't tell me, tell the foreigners.

shut up ronald.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    shut up ronald.
    I'm serious! All these people from other countries come in here like WTF, and people ignore them and are like "Do you hear me Ron!?!?"

The non-Americans are the company, and you guys are the crazy uncle that we didn't get to lock in his room.
    Walking around the dinner table muttering about "kills" and "safety"

Gun ownership is just a touchy subject. If you own them, more than a few than you must be worried about the apocalypse. Ted Nugent has one of the biggest arsenals in his home and i still look at him as a person, not ted nugent but as a person who has a huge hobby invested in firearms. Besides him being the Nuge, I dont think he's crazy.

I dont see him as crazy until i see him as ted nugent.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/1...-defense-laws/

This website gives insight on the specific "castle law" in Minnesota & how a mans house is his castle and how we have the right to shoot and kill anyone on our lawn, garage, or house if threatened. It also goes into how in this case it wasn't within the limits of the castle statute. We don't have the stand your ground or make my day law.

Quote Originally Posted by Keann Scissorhands Powley View Post

This website gives insight on the specific "castle law" in Minnesota & how a mans house is his castle and how we have the right to shoot and kill anyone on our lawn, garage, or house if threatened. It also goes into how in this case it wasn't within the limits of the castle statute. We don't have the stand your ground or make my day law.
    Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with us?

I don't think I've ever actually seen a real gun, but if someone is kicking my ass I'd grab the closest gun and, "stand my ground". I live in the city, we have a big ms13 problem here, and if someone is going to try to kill me first I'm not going to hesitate to shoot them. Probably not a kill shot, but close enough.

"Make my Day" law? For reals? Was that like, brought into legislation by the lead character in Falling Down?

I was gonna say, all states have different allowances for guns and not one of them has an actual pass to shoot and kill someone for breaking and entering.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Just the fact that it's called a "make my day" law is enough to show that there's a problem in thinking here. This is real life, not a movie. We're governed by 12-year old boys.

People, certain cases might have had reasonable 'stand your ground' BUT THOSE CASES GO TO COURT.

Dude, what planet did you think we were on?? Guilty before proven innocent, even if they do say it's the other way around. Ronald, I has a disappoint son.

"Make my Day" law? For reals? Was that like, brought into legislation by the lead character in Falling Down?
    I'm so glad I'm not the only (American) person here who has a problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    People, certain cases might have had reasonable 'stand your ground' BUT THOSE CASES GO TO COURT.

Dude, what planet did you think we were on?? Guilty before proven innocent, even if they do say it's the other way around. Ronald, I has a disappoint son.
    Cause I see these (outside of the home) laws for what they are. Hunting licenses on people of color.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Cause I see these (outside of the home) laws for what they are. Hunting licenses on people of color.
    Damn people of color need to stop getting in front of these damn guns.

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

Quote Originally Posted by Keann Scissorhands Powley View Post

Yeah another Minneapolis person here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I dunno, I live in CA where our gun laws are more strict. People don't get to shoot and not have to answer for it. And honestly, I don't think it's like that necessarily across the country, either.

We are blaming this dudes actions on the morality of the existence of guns. Fact is, fucker was nuts and I am convinced that people like this don't need guns to hurt someone or do something bad.

It's fucking ridiculous. If someone is stealing your car and you shoot them, fuck you, you should go to jail. A car is not as valuable as a human life.

It's fucking ridiculous. If someone is stealing your car and you shoot them, fuck you, you should go to jail. A car is not as valuable as a human life.
    Unless they are trying to run you over with your car.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by krazegirl View Post
    Unless they are trying to run you over with your car.
    And in that case, it would be reasonable to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by krazegirl View Post
    Damn people of color need to stop getting in front of these damn guns.
    I do OK.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I dunno, I live in CA where our gun laws are more strict. People don't get to shoot and not have to answer for it. And honestly, I don't think it's like that necessarily across the country, either.

We are blaming this dudes actions on the morality of the existence of guns. Fact is, fucker was nuts and I am convinced that people like this don't need guns to hurt someone or do something bad.
    We kind of got off track by discussing the stand-your-ground bullshit.

This is the part where people disagree with us. And I find it scary that people actually think shooting a car thief is awesome.

Thread Information