Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 year old stabbed to death by 13 year old step sister

2 year old stabbed to death by 13 year old step sister

"DeKalb police charge sister in death of 2-year-old girl
    Nov 20, 2012 4:43 p.m.

DeKalb County police say they have charged a 13-year-old sister in the murder of 2-year-old Sasha Lamaya Ray on Tuesday. Ray's body was found behind her home on Monday.

Hours after family members found the body of the body of the child outside the family's home, the worst fears of family members were confirmed when police charged the child's 13-year-old sister, Tyasia Jackson, with murder. She has been charged as an adult.

"At this point, our detectives believe the cause of death was multiple stab wounds to the chest of the 2-year-old. They believe the 13-year-old attacked the child inside the home and then carried the body outside where it was discovered by her father," said Mekka Parrish of DeKalb County police.

Police say the 13-year-old was babysitting Sasha and several other siblings when the teen allegedly stabbed the child.

"The only indication that they have is that the 13-year-old was upset prior to the attack on the 2-year-old. What she was upset about has not been determined. They're still working on how long the children were in the care of the 13-year-old prior to the family's arrival," said Parrish.

Police say they believe the two girls are half-sisters, having the same mother but different fathers.

As police continue to investigate, the family continues to mourn the loss of a toddler who just celebrated her second birthday.

"I know my daughter's gone to heaven and I still need to do what I need to do to make it to where she is because she's in a better place than I am," said the child's father, Shelton Latroy Ray.

Shortly after the incident on Monday, Shelton Ray told reporters he would help the 13-year-old in spite of the charges against her and as he continues to mourn the loss of her half-sister.

"If I could say anything to Tyasia, all I would say is Tyasia , what you did is wrong and they're going to be some consequences you have to face and you're going to have to face them. We're going to help you along the way while you're facing those consequences," said Shelton Ray.

The teen was brought before a judge on Tuesday and remains jailed."

http://wap.myfoxatlanta.com/w/main/story/78695627/

If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

Oh man. How awful!
    Big props to that dad for giving that interview. I couldn't have. And the baby was still alive when he got to her. Ugh!

This is so sad! I feel so bad for the little 2 year old and the mother, especially because she is the mother of both girls. I'm not sure what I would do in her situation.

I am very surprised by the father's comments to the 13 year old. He is much more understanding than I could ever be.

Gosh, I wonder what she was so upset about? Having to babysit? I just can't imagine stabbing a 2 year old. Ugh. Sad.

Tyasia Jackson made her first court appearance on Tuesday.

"We love you," Tyasia's stepfather called across the courtroom to the teen. Her mother, Haneefa Ray, wept, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution says.

Tyasia Jackson will be tried as an adult.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...er-police-say/

I just watched the video posted by Snow. It is heartbreaking. The five year old sister said that Tyasia was upset because their neighbor was told that there was a boy in the house with Tyasia. The neighbor went in and kicked him out. The same neighbor found the child when she was still alive. Tyasia was allegedly worried that they would tell her parents as well. The community seems really tight knit and the father is so sweet. Such a tear jerker, this one.

Here is Mom's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/lhaneefa

Also, I meant the video posted by Morbid, not Snow. Sorry!

Here is Sasha's Dad's page:

https://www.facebook.com/shelton.l.ray

His is locked down, Mom's has some pictures. Five girls! My goodness!

How awful. I have a two year old and an almost 13 year old and ugh...can't imagine.

I can't believe she killed her little sister because she was afraid she would tell there was a boy in the house. This is incredibly sad and I feel so bad for the poor father who saw her still alive.

Jesus dude. Why did this little girl get stabby?? Most siblings use manipulation and threats to keep each other in line.

I feel terribly for the father, I am not sure if I would be able to stand behind my teen if they did that.. but more power to him.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Maybe it was self-defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

This story is so incredibly sad, for the whole family. I agree - the father (step) is amazing and so supportive. And the mother must be so confused right now. Sad. So sad.

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

What a nightmare. My prayers are with this family.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Jesus dude. Why did this little girl get stabby?? Most siblings use manipulation and threats to keep each other in line.

I feel terribly for the father, I am not sure if I would be able to stand behind my teen if they did that.. but more power to him.
    I agree. I don't know exactly what I would do but I imagine I would not even want to be anywhere near my teen after she stabbed a two year old sibling to death.

Unhappy An act of fear stupidity

Young people are so quick to react without thinking ,for all we know the young man could have rubbed this young girl the wrong way.Lets focus on the short time he had with her as well. Maybe it was one of those break up things. My heart goes out to the family and little angel is well off in the hands of our master.

Quote Originally Posted by April Phillips View Post
    Young people are so quick to react without thinking ,for all we know the young man could have rubbed this young girl the wrong way.Lets focus on the short time he had with her as well. Maybe it was one of those break up things. My heart goes out to the family and little angel is well off in the hands of our master.
    wait, what? Which young girl? Short time who had with whom? The dad had with the little girl? break up thing? huh? I am sorry but I am not following you at all. What are you trying to say here?

And also, maybe it's YOUR master, but please be careful making assumptions here, just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by AZPistonsGirl View Post
    wait, what? Which young girl? Short time who had with whom? The dad had with the little girl? break up thing? huh? I am sorry but I am not following you at all. What are you trying to say here?

And also, maybe it's YOUR master, but please be careful making assumptions here, just FYI.
    I am confused by this as well. Very.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    I am confused by this as well. Very.
    I think she is talking about the boyfriend that the neighbor threw out. That maybe he gave the 2 yo the creeps or he broke up with the older sister and she went off. ????

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPistonsGirl View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Our what?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

Are you talking about our master Ron

Quote Originally Posted by mialynneb View Post
    Our what?

We're dogs, apparently.

bow down ruff ruff!

Thread Information