Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Zachary Holly (28) kidnapped, raped and murdered his 6-year old neighbor

Amanda's FB is back on (last post I saw said it was deleted, checked, and it's up again):

https://www.facebook.com/amanda.j.Watkins

Zachary's is back on, too, but obviously nothing new posted since before he killed precious Jersey:

https://www.facebook.com/zach.holly.5

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Oh and looks like Jersey's mom got married to the boyfriend, good for her:

https://www.facebook.com/desarae.bridgeman

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Oh and looks like Jersey's mom got married to the boyfriend, good for her:

https://www.facebook.com/desarae.bridgeman

and appears they had a baby in January. I hope she is doing well. I know this must be so hard. Now with trial coming up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    and appears they had a baby in January. I hope she is doing well. I know this must be so hard. Now with trial coming up soon.
    Yup, was just about to post that as I'm now scrolling through her FB. Glad to hear she's doing good (seems to), and I agree, with the trial coming up it must be hard for her. I feel so bad...

Saw this on Amanda's profile. The part where she says no one will ever hurt Jersey again? Yeah, except for your own husband:

Amanda Brodersen

June 15, 2012 ?

I want to share something with u all, i know if u live in AR then u know the case of the chained 5 yr old. i personally know this girl and she is forever hurt by the stupidity and carelessness of her sperm donor!! But so all know, she is happy & forever loved by many. No one will EVER hurt her again!!!! I love u hunny

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Saw this on Amanda's profile. The part where she says no one will ever hurt Jersey again? Yeah, except for your own husband:

Amanda Brodersen

June 15, 2012 ?

I want to share something with u all, i know if u live in AR then u know the case of the chained 5 yr old. i personally know this girl and she is forever hurt by the stupidity and carelessness of her sperm donor!! But so all know, she is happy & forever loved by many. No one will EVER hurt her again!!!! I love u hunny
    Seriously. He hurt her more than anyone else did. Ugh. I hate this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/m...s-arkansas-nwa

State seeks death penalty In Holly murder trial

(May 10, 2015) Benton County prosecutors claim to have a confession in hand, and they want the death penalty for the Bentonville man accused of raping and strangling 6-year-old Jersey Bridgeman.

Defense attorneys will try to convince jurors Zachary Holly is innocent. If he's convicted, they will ask jurors to spare his life. They've been working to develop evidence for a potential penalty phase of the trial that might build jurors' sympathy.

The trial began with jury selection Friday in Bentonville. It could last up to three weeks.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys will begin questioning prospective jurors this morning. They need to select 12 jurors and three alternates.

Little is known about the state's evidence in the case. The judge sealed key DNA results and the specifics of what Holly told police. Court documents say he initially denied having anything to do with Jersey's disappearance or death.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys have mentioned Holly's confession in pretrial hearings, but Holly's interviews were never played in open court.

Holly, 30, is charged with capital murder, rape, kidnapping and residential burglary in Jersey's Nov. 20, 2012, death. Holly was arrested six days later. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

[snipped]

Ultimate Penalty

Former Washington County Prosecuting Attorney John Threet, who sought the death penalty four times and secured it twice for convicted murderers, said no prosecutor takes lightly the decision to ask for the ultimate punishment.

Threet is now a circuit judge in Washington County. His comments came shortly before Holly's trial was to begin in November. The trial was postponed because of an issue with one of Holly's then attorneys. Threet was prosecuting attorney last November.

"The death penalty is heavily weighted against the state through the whole process -- and it should be," Threet said. "The death penalty should be reserved for certain cases where you feel the citizens of the community should decide if the death penalty is appropriate. In Arkansas, we've got 31 people on death row and that goes back to 1989. So, it's not used that often."

Threet said he considered the laundry lists of aggravating and mitigating factors in state law and consulted with the victims' families in each case before deciding to seek the death penalty.

Benton County prosecutors have cited three aggravating factors for seeking the death penalty against Holly. First, they allege the murder was cruel and depraved; second, they claim the murder was committed for the purpose of avoiding arrest for another crime, and the last factor is the age of the victim.

Defense attorneys have not yet disclosed any mitigating factors, but abuse allegations surrounding Holly's childhood is certain to be on the list. The defense has not disclosed any specific details concerning the abuse.

Mitigating factors can be almost unlimited, but prosecutors are limited to a list of 10 aggravating circumstances. A jury must find at least one aggravating circumstance exists before it can return a death verdict, Threet said. A few aggravating factors can trump multiple mitigating factors.

"The jury ultimately decides whether those mitigating circumstances outweigh what this person did," Threet said. "You have to look at what a jury is going to think of the situation."

Threet said the character and lifestyle of the victim always comes into play, and he thinks juries tend to be more sympathetic to a victim with "clean hands" like a child.

Families of some murder victims push for the death penalty, but others will accept a plea bargain of a life sentence in order to avoid the trial, Threet said.

"A lot of these families don't want to have to go through that, it's excruciating," Threet said. "I've had multiple times when families decided they did not want to pursue it because they'd have to relive the whole thing, dwell on it and have to talk about it every day. That's terrible for them."

The process does not end with a death sentence. The appeals process in Arkansas averages well over a decade and, because of legal challenges to the lethal injection protocols, Arkansas has not executed anyone since 2005.

It's also difficult and time-consuming to empanel a jury in a death penalty case, Threet said.

"You can't sit if you believe the death penalty should be automatic. You can't sit if you believe the death penalty is never appropriate," Threet said. "You want objective jurors who will follow the law. If you have a preconceived notion, you can't be seated."

[snipped]

Jersey's Death

Holly lived in a trailer house next to Jersey's family on Southwest A Street. Holly and his wife sometimes babysat Jersey and her younger sister. The night before Jersey's death, the couple watched the girls as their mother, DesaRae Bridgeman, worked. When mom got off work, Holly carried a sleeping Jersey back to her house and placed her in her bed, according to an affidavit filed in the case.

In one interview, Holly told police he awoke at 3:35 a.m. Nov. 20 with an upset stomach and walked to the E-Z Mart at Southwest Eighth and A streets to get medication, according to court documents. Police obtained video from the store and a sales tape showing Holly did make the purchase. Brandon Crouch, the boyfriend of Jersey's mom, worked the overnight shift at the E-Z Mart during that time, according to court documents.

DesaRae Bridgeman awoke that morning and found Jersey missing from their home. Bentonville police got a call at 6:43 a.m. Two officers found Jersey's body within 15 minutes while searching an empty house at 704 S.E. A St., two doors south of her home and on the other side of Holly's residence.

A swab obtained from Jersey's body was tested and revealed some sperm cells, according to court documents. The state crime lab developed a DNA profile and begin making comparisons from known samples. Detectives took cheek swabs from Holly for DNA comparison. Holly also gave detectives the clothing he said he had been wearing since he went to bed the night of Nov. 19.

The results of the DNA testing remain under seal.

The defense team was dealt a blow in August when Circuit Judge Brad Karren ruled statements Holly made to police can be used at trial. Holly's defense team argued police coerced a confession from him during a Nov. 26, 2012, interview at the Bentonville Police Department. Karren found the statements were given voluntarily.

The judge also denied a second motion to suppress the statements, and he recently denied an attempt by Holly's attorneys to exclude the DNA sample collected from Holly from being used as evidence.

Childhood Abuse

Jersey was the victim in another criminal case about a year before her death. She was found Dec. 2, 2011, chained to a dresser in the Rogers home where she lived with her father and stepmother, David Bridgeman and Jana Slinkard.

David Bridgeman admitted chaining Jersey to the dresser for three days. He claimed he was trying to protect her because she sleepwalked. He pleaded guilty to felony charges and was sentenced to 18 years in prison. Bridgeman is serving his sentence at the Arkansas Department of Correction's Pine Bluff Unit. His expected parole date is Nov. 1.

Slinkard was sentenced to 12 years in prison, but has since been released. She was paroled Sept. 25.

David Bridgeman wasn't allowed to attend Jersey's funeral.

The jury will not hear testimony regarding Jersey's prior abuse. The defense filed a motion to prevent prosecutors from presenting evidence of the child's injuries and Nathan Smith, Benton County prosecuting attorney, told the court they were not planning to introduce the information concerning Jersey's abuse during the trial.

The defense has been working to paint a picture of Holly's troubled childhood as mitigating evidence for a potential penalty phase of the trial.

"You normally think of death penalty cases as trying to save their life," Weber said. "I have a lot of respect for people in the defense community who can do these kinds of cases."

Holly spent much of his childhood in Bakersfield and Oildale, Calif. He and his siblings were the subjects of numerous abuse and neglect referrals between 1993 and 1997. The Kern County, Calif., Department of Human Services has supplied more than 300 pages of reports, summaries and other documents generated by at least 12 caseworkers and supervisors in connection with at least 14 referrals involving Holly.

Two case workers, Margarita Soza and Jana Davis, are on the defense witness list. The defense lists 15 possible witnesses, which includes several of Holly's family members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Just hearing about this case. What a sad story. The most evil part of it all? She was better off being tied to a dresser than dying at the hands of a baby rapist. Sigh.

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

This has always made me so sick...This happened like 2 miles from where I live now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    This has always made me so sick...This happened like 2 miles from where I live now.
    Yeah we had a very sad case in our town as well. for years people would leave flowers and stuff.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Wesson

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

BENTONVILLE — One of the attorneys representing capital murder suspect Zachary Holly told jurors Monday that his client kidnapped, had sexual contact with and caused the death of 6-year-old Jersey Bridgeman.

Holly, 30, is charged with capital murder, kidnapping, rape and residential burglary. He is accused of the Nov. 20, 2012 abduction and killing of the Sugar Creek Elmentary School kindergartner.

Kent McLemore, one of Holly’s attorneys, made the admission Monday morning in his first few words to jurors.

“We acknowledge he entered the home, removed her from her home and had sexual contact with her and caused her death,” McLemore said in his opening statements.

McLemore told the panel that Holly confessed to the crime and accepted responsibility for causing Jersey’s death.

“We will not sidestep Zach Holly’s responsibility,” McLemore said.

Nathan Smith, Benton County’s prosecuting attorney, described the crime in his opening statements for jurors.

Smith told jurors that a Bentonville police officer found Jersey’s body in an abandoned house next to Holly’s home on Southeast A Street.

Jersey's body was naked in a bedroom closet of the house and she was face down. Her pajama pants were wrapped around her neck and she also had a necklace on that she had made in school, Smith said.

Smith said Jersey’s death was cause by ligature strangulation and the medical examiner also reported that she had been raped. The medical examiner was able to recover sperm cells from the girl’s body which ended up matching Holly’s DNA sample, Smith said.

Holly confessed after police confronted him with the DNA evidence, Smith said.

Smith said the case was about Jersey and seeking justice for the crime.

Jersey and her younger sister referred to Holly as “Uncle Zac,” Smith said.

Prosecutors began calling witnesses after the opening statements.

Jersey’s mother and four Bentonville police officers testified Monday morning.

Mike Henson, a Bentonville police patrolman, described finding Jersey’s body in an abandoned house next to Holly’s.

Henson said he and another officer checked to house when they were looking for the missing child, but found Jersey’s naked body face down in a bedroom closet with her pajamas wrapped around her neck.
    http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...=news-arkansas

The description of how the police found Jersey makes me sick. The idea of that poor baby still wearing a necklace she made at school just hurts my heart even more. Kevansvault, you need to go over there and take care of this piece of trash. When Holly goes to hell I hope he is repeatedly raped and strangulated by someone he knew and trusted.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    The description of how the police found Jersey makes me sick. The idea of that poor baby still wearing a necklace she made at school just hurts my heart even more. Kevansvault, you need to go over there and take care of this piece of trash. When Holly goes to hell I hope he is repeatedly raped and strangulated by someone he knew and trusted.
    Seriously. It makes me sick when I read the stories like this...kids who trust you because you're an adult, because they're supposed to be able to trust adults, because we're supposed to be upstanding people and worthy of trust as adults. This kid's life was shit for a long time. I want to beat the fuck out of her bio dad, too...but I'd save much of my rage for Zachary's sorry little bitch ass. Saw where he was attacked in prison, too. He'd better get used to that shit. I have a feeling that's gonna be his normal for awhile.

Fuck you, Zachary. I hope you choke on a dick in prison.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

They just announced on her facebook page that the jury voted in favour of the death penalty.
    https://www.facebook.com/JerseyDianneSharingOurLove

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
    I despise hearing about people who lock their kids up to keep food away from them, this poor kid had no safe haven anywhere.
    And wow, classy wedding there, did they play the theme from Deliverance instead of a wedding march?
    There's one pic of bride and her dad in suit with this comment: "tell your daddy he cleans up good".

omg. Even their compliments are all fucked up.

I just read all about each day at trial. This monster totally deserves death.

Here's the list of each day of trial. Zach never showed any emotion in court, but he made sure to look up everytime they posted the little girl's autopsy photos on the big screen.
    http://www.nwahomepage.com/search?p_...e=0&sortType=0

The Judge has set Monday November 16t at 10 p.m. as Holly's execution date.
    http://www.4029tv.com/news/jury-find...-case/32960214

Amanda, Holly's ex-wife, told the jury that his mom, Ginger Simmons, was a bad mother.

She said their home was "filthy," and that she witnessed ginger smoking meth with his older brother.

Amanda said his mother's home was dirty and "had animal feces in it."

She said she and Holly dated dated around Jr. High and picked up again in 2011.

She told the jury a month before Jersey's death, he had cheated on her.

She said Holly was not a proficient reader or writer, and that she filled out a few job applications for him. He did not have a drivers license or a car car.

When asked about Jersey, Amanda said, "it was a privilege to have her in my home, absolutely. I loved her dearly."

He is going to be executed next month? Is that how it works in AR? No appeals for years?!

He is going to be executed next month? Is that how it works in AR? No appeals for years?!
    No. They set a date and then the appeals begin and he'll get a stay or 46. Unless he chooses to drop his appeals, he won't be in any danger until well into the twenties. Even if he chooses not to appeal that will be grounds for an appeal.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Oh ok. Thank you. I didn't know that judges actually set execution dates like that.

Oh ok. Thank you. I didn't know that judges actually set execution dates like that.
    As with many things, it varies from state to state, but it's usually the trial court judge who sets the initial date. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_warrant
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    As with many things, it varies from state to state, but it's usually the trial court judge who sets the initial date. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_warrant
    This makes me so ill. It happened less than two blocks from us.
    I hope someone rapes him in prison as bad as he did to poor little angel, Jersey.

Thread Information