Thread: Gynnya McMillen (16) died in juvenile hall after she was placed in a martial arts restraint

Gynnya McMillen (16) died in juvenile hall after she was placed in a martial arts restraint

A Kentucky teen died in juvie hall after staffers used martial arts moves to restrain her ? and it took jail workers 11 minutes to start CPR after they found her unresponsive, according to 911 audio.

Gynnya McMillen, 16, was found "cold" and not breathing in her cell at Elizabethtown's Lincoln Village Juvenile Detention when a deputy arrived to take her to her Jan. 11 court date.

Jail staffers first called 911 nine minutes after the deputy arrived ? and waited another two to start CPR, according to emergency dispatch recordings obtained by CBS.

The juvie staffers only started the resuscitation procedures after the emergency dispatcher asked.

"They want us to start CPR," a jail nurse is heard saying to someone at the facility.

"Do y'all have a CPR protocol or do y'all need it?" the dispatcher asked about 10 seconds later.

"I'm new," she said. "I can find out. I don't know."

The detention center originally said that the teen had died in her sleep, but recently told the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting that a restraint had been applied to her during an incident the day before.

A spokeswoman for the state's Department of Juvenile Justice said that McMillen refused to take off her sweatshirt for a booking photo, prompting the "Aikido restraint" by multiple guards.

Aikido is a form of Japanese martial art that allows a practitioner to defend him or herself without hurting their attacker. Since Aikido is a style of martial arts and not a specific move, it's unclear exactly how the teen was restrained.

Michele Deitch, a juvenile justice expert at University of Texas at Austin, told CBS of the move's motive, "As far as I'm concerned that is a completely inappropriate use of a restraint."

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...arts_restraint
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Uuhh...she wouldn't take off her sweatshirt, so they restrained her? Doubt that move resulted in the desired action. Are they thinking that's WHY she died then? Or just slow and secretive about coming out with their aggression?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    So wrong. That poor girl.

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WHAS/WTVQ) – Months after 16-year-old Gynnya McMillen was found dead in her Elizabethtown Detention Center cell, new information is released.

Mcmillen was found dead in January at the Lincoln Village Juvenile Detention Center.

A death certificate obtained by ABC affiliate WHAS in Louisville is revealing the cause of her death. It shows Gynnya’s immediate cause of death was “sudden cardiac arrhythmia”, or an irregular heartbeat.

The document also showed that McMillen suffered from what is known as “long QT syndrome.”That is an inherited condition that can cause fast and chaotic heartbeats.

Investigators say hours before McMillen died, a martial arts hold had been used on her after she refused to take off a sweatshirt.

The death certificate does not indicate if this contributed to her death in any way. After the release of the death certificate, the attorney for the McMillen family talked to WHAS and says they are devastated and that they still want the truth.

Following Gynnya’s death, the state fired the Juvenile Justice Commissioner as well as an employee who did not perform bed checks.

The Kentucky Justice Secretary plans to hold a press conference Wednesday to discuss the case.

http://www.wtvq.com/2016/03/16/undefined-92/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Thread Information