Thread: Thomas Hensley (28) - 20 November 2012 - waiting for ME results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thomas Hensley (28) - 20 November 2012 - waiting for ME results

1214117 Tarrant Hensley Thomas 5/10/1984 28 11/20/2012 D White M
    Police Department: Police Svc #:
    Deceased Address: 2137 Oakwood Lane , Arlington, Texas 76012 Time Of Death 9:40 PM
    Occurred Location: 2131 Oakwood Ln. , Arlington, Texas 76012
    Place Of Death: ER Prosector: Lloyd White, M.D.
    Place Of Death Address: 800 W. Randol Mill Rd. , Arlington, Texas Manner Of Death: PENDING
    Cause Of Death: PENDING TOXICOLOGY AND HISTOLOGY
    http://mepublic.tarrantcounty.com/mepublic/Default.aspx
    https://www.facebook.com/thomas.hensley.12

From his Facebook:

Thomas Hensley
    vor 53 Minuten via Handy
    This is Thomas' friend TJ. I hate to do this via Facebook. Thomas passed away last night at 10:20pm. I've been trying to call everyone but Thomas didn't save new numbers in his phone and we can't find the old one just yet. If you'd like to speak with his mother my cell phone number is 817-908-0760 I'll be with her all day today.
    Teilen

Denise Blanchard is this for real..? how? was he sick?
    vor 41 Minuten via Handy
    Thomas Hensley Yes it's for real. Denise you call me for details
    vor 35 Minuten via Handy
    TJ Seal Anyone with questions about Thomas please call my cell I don't want to post from his fb anymore
    vor 30 Minuten via Handy
    Omayra Luly Nunez :( this makes me so sad! I can't stop thinking of everything he did for everyone else...even helped me on more than one occasion...
    vor 22 Minuten via Handy

From his FB (wonder if it's related...)-

Thomas Hensley
    November 4 near Arlington, TX
    Well... Fractured my finger and it got infected. Antibiotics to clear it up, or amputation if it doesn't.......

I think this was his GF - https://www.facebook.com/sheenabandy

Sheena Dawn
    9 hours ago near Fort Worth, TX
    Being a grownup is finding out the man you love died and then going in to work anyway.

Sheena Dawn
    33 minutes ago near Blum, TX via mobile
    Family is helping. I feel like I've been cut in two.

Also this:

Sheena Dawn Tom had a heart attack and died.
    8 hours ago via mobile

So sad :(

But personally, if my BF died, I would be calling in sick for at least a few days.....

If that's his girlfriend, she promptly changed her relationship status to single...

Last edited by moosella; 11-21-2012 at 02:47 PM.

I saw that too

Not only would I call out of work if my boyfriend died, I'd probably wait more than a few hours to declare I was single

I'm not sure I would be on facebook at all for awhile. Let alone changing the status. But I'm not on FB that much to begin with

Maybe she has to see the single status in front of her eyes so everything can sink in, you know? I won't judge over her, maybe it's just her way how she deals with it.

I understand what you are saying, I guess I just can't relate. The "Being a grownup is finding out the man you love died and then going in to work anyway" comment rubbed me the wrong way too. I don't understand the need to post that on FB. But I keep to myself so perhaps I just don't get the mindset.

When looking at her page - she seemed to post often. Usually several posts a day, even before her BF died so she seems to be more "into" FB - feels the need to post everything going on all the time. I have people on my FB friends list that do that. Post waaaayyy to much. I've had to hide a few people for that reason.

I wonder if his heart stopped due to the infection in his finger. Pending Histology on the ME site makes me wonder that, too.

RIP Thomas.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Amanda Piccolo Smith To clear the air for anyone unable to
    contact TJ, Thomas passed from a heart attack due to onset diabetes. Thomas didn't know he was diabetic and there is no telling how long he has had diabetes. Please continue to keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.
    Thursday at 7:3 6pm via mobile ? 2

Courtney Nicole Mathis Thank you Amanda for informing us. His
    family will be in my thoughts and prayers
    Thursday at 7:39 pm via mobile

Vivian Selby Thank you for the information, he will truly be
    missed. Thoughts and prayers for the family.
    Thursday at 10:12 pm via mobile

Diabetes complicates wound healing badly,too. Poor fellow.

My ex almost died from an infection that affected his heart - he didn't know he was diabetic at the time.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

I'm surprised the docs didn't suspect diabetes or even check his sugar. He fractured a finger, it got infected, infected so bad that it put him in the hospital, and they didn't suspect diabetes? Annnnd, he's obese. He was in the hospital at some point, right? I might be having a reading comprehension fail. It really doesn't matter, a hospital stay just creates more suspicion. A wound that is slow to heal is suspicious enough, not to mention the obesity. I guess I just don't understand how the diabetes could have gone unnoticed by his health care team, post injury. I think they most likely failed him.

NQ- was your ex sick with an illness or injury? That's scary!

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    NQ- was your ex sick with an illness or injury? That's scary!
    He picked at a callus on his big toe until it bled - then it got infected due to poor blood supply/neuropathy (he didn't feel it hurting). I was out of town and when I came home a few days later, I smelled the infection. (Gross, I know but I have a dog nose).

FYI: Thomas was treated at CareNow per a comment by him - sounds like an urgent care place. I would be mad at them for not doing a simple finger stick to test glucose levels particularly in a wound so severe that amputation was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    He picked at a callus on his big toe until it bled - then it got infected due to poor blood supply/neuropathy (he didn't feel it hurting). I was out of town and when I came home a few days later, I smelled the infection. (Gross, I know but I have a dog nose).

FYI: Thomas was treated at CareNow per a comment by him - sounds like an urgent care place. I would be mad at them for not doing a simple finger stick to test glucose levels particularly in a wound so severe that amputation was mentioned.
    HOLY COW! That is scary!

Ahh, I do remember the urgent care place, but why would they mention amputation? (rhetorical) That's weird. I also don't understand why a finger stick wasn't done. That's one of the least expensive things to do. The dude was pretty big and he probably had high blood pressure, along with an icky finger. WHY?! I just don't get it. Even in an urgent care. It just makes me sad to think this kid didn't have to die.

Just re: the going to work and changing her status stuff. Grief is a funny thing and affects people in different ways. My father died very suddenly and unexpectedly and I went back to work the day after his funeral because it was all part of coping with grief. For some people, keeping yourself busy is a great way to cope. I think the changing the status to single thing was a mixture of shock and grief as well. You tend to see the most sane and intelligent people you know act weird when grief is involved!

That was pretty deep for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleftpeg View Post
    Just re: the going to work and changing her status stuff. Grief is a funny thing and affects people in different ways. My father died very suddenly and unexpectedly and I went back to work the day after his funeral because it was all part of coping with grief. For some people, keeping yourself busy is a great way to cope. I think the changing the status to single thing was a mixture of shock and grief as well. You tend to see the most sane and intelligent people you know act weird when grief is involved!

That was pretty deep for me.

I don't have anything to add other than I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I don't have anything to add other than I agree.
    I understand the keeping busy, going back to work. That's what I've done in the past. For me it's just the Facebook stuff but again, I don't like to share much with anyone so my initial reaction was to think it was odd.

ETA- However, if I just found out someone died I would not go to work. I'm talking about going back after the funeral or even leading up to the funeral if there were a lot of days in between. But again, the FB stuff was my main thing.
    Last edited by moosella; 11-28-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: added more!

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    I understand the keeping busy, going back to work. That's what I've done in the past. For me it's just the Facebook stuff but again, I don't like to share much with anyone so my initial reaction was to think it was odd.

ETA- However, if I just found out someone died I would not go to work. I'm talking about going back after the funeral or even leading up to the funeral if there were a lot of days in between. But again, the FB stuff was my main thing.

I get what you are saying about the FB stuff. I rarely put a status. Sometimes I comment on people's pics or write on their walls, but most of my stuff is all the meme pic stuff because I think their hilarious. Yes, I said it. Buuuuut, there are people who put ev-er-y thing on there. I mean, I can't even give you an example because if you wonder what the statuses are and how stupid it sounds....it's a status. I don't know if I am making myself clear. I guess what I am getting at is the gf might have been one of those people who puts their entire life on FB. Or, she could be an attention whore looking for the sympathy card.
    Who knows, but I agree with what you are saying. See, I should have just kept my mouth shut. Look at all of those words and I didn't say anything more than what you already said.

I thought her comments posted here sounded maybe a little passive aggressive, like maybe she wanted someone from her job to see it and tell her not to come to work? Maybe? IDK... I don't have FB but I could not imagine being online after a situation like this. Maybe a generational thang. I'm old.

Quote Originally Posted by AZPistonsGirl View Post
    I thought her comments posted here sounded maybe a little passive aggressive, like maybe she wanted someone from her job to see it and tell her not to come to work? Maybe? IDK... I don't have FB but I could not imagine being online after a situation like this. Maybe a generational thang. I'm old.
    Good point! Which kind of goes back to being an attention whore.

I agree with morbifT, some people have their entire life on Facebook and in turn it actually ends up running their life. These are the people I remove from my newsfeed..

The coroner rules Thomas' death as natural. The official cause of death is HEMORRHAGIC NECROTIZING PANCREATITIS.

Well......that could cause a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Thread Information