Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kayla Lodes (16) committed suicide by gunshot to the head

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    This one works. It's a pretty interesting report. They took a bag from her car that contained three pair of panties. There was also blood on the exterior bedroom door and a handrail somewhere in the house. I wonder if this is from someone trying to help her. They took gun shot residue swabs from her sister and her sister was there (Catherine Elizabeth Blanton). There was a Thomas Johnson, but I don't remember if that name has been mentioned somewhere else or not. They took DNA samples from him.
    I'm not sure it all of this is standard policy or not, but I'm glad they aren't just blowing it off as a suicide and are conducting a full investigation.
    I was wondering about the blood on the handrail too. Also the last page shows notes indicating an audio interview with Chris Harris, wonder who this or what the interview was about.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    OMG I am such a tard. I thought it was like a one page report. I'm going to look again.

ETA - how do you know that is her sister?

It says victims sister on the report.

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    I was wondering about the blood on the handrail too. Also the last page shows notes indicating an audio interview with Chris Harris, wonder who this or what the interview was about.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I've been trying to find FB pages for the Catherin Blantont, Thomas Johnson, and Chris Harris, but I suck really bad at finding info. If it doesn't hit me in the face, I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    It says victims sister on the report.
    Wow. I should really start the day again. I had only looked at the relationship bit in under 'Others Involved' and it was blank for Catherine's status.

Okay weird - I found who I think is Kayla's mother -

http://www.facebook.com/lizann.lodes?ref=ts&fref=ts

No mention of Catherine? I think Lizann's name before Lodes was Blanton though?

I have a wonderful husband, John & 4 kids. Cadee-22, Clark-18, Kalya-16, & Blake-12. I am a manicurist in Arlington and love my job.

Unless Cadee is Catherine?? http://www.facebook.com/cadee.blanton

Clark - http://www.facebook.com/clark.blanton

ETA - I think I have it figured. Cadee and Clark are Lizann's kids with another partner. Kayla and Blake are Lizann's kids with John.
    Last edited by Olivia; 11-28-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Wow. I should really start the day again. I had only looked at the relationship bit in under 'Others Involved' and it was blank for Catherine's status.
    I just read it and it's blank for me too. WEIRD! Anyhow I did see that there are "Blantons" related to her when I was searching for her boyfriend last week.

Here is my theory about why they are waiting for tox. She shot herself when she was drunk or high. And her family are arguing that because of that, she didn't mean to kill herself. And if she was high, they will rule it an accident.

Wrong. Actually lots of y'all's info is wrong. And all the family wants is to grieve privately. None of y'all knew Kayla. To assume you think you knew what happened is hurtful and ignorant. I don't understand why y'all think it's any of your business in the first place. Did any of you know her? Any of you cry over her passing? Do any of you lose sleep because you miss her? No? Then why do you care? Why are you creeping people's Facebook pages?

And lots of y'all's info is wrong. So maybe you aren't even very good at this.

So, what's right then?

What's right is privacy and respect for the dead and our grieving family.

And the report that shouldn't have been available has been removed.

Ambien kills?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambienkills View Post
    What's right is privacy and respect for the dead and our grieving family.

And the report that shouldn't have been available has been removed.
    Sorry for your loss. Many people are brought here through the loss of a loved one. Sometimes they share stories as to what kind of person their loved one was. It can be therapeutic. It's much easier to talk to strangers than people IRL. No judgements or bias.
    Again, sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Ambien kills?
    I noticed that too.

I'm sorry for your loss, Ambien.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Congrats on noticing my subtle screen name. Very astute.

Y'all should do some ambien research though, it's very interesting and I would love more people to be aware of what it can do.

I can see how this forum might help some grieving people, however so far this post about our dear Kayla has been a bunch of strangers being nosy and all up in our business. That doesn't help us, it very much upsets us.

Y'all should do some ambien research though, it's very interesting and I would love more people to be aware of what it can do.

I can see how this forum might help some grieving people, however so far this post about our dear Kayla has been a bunch of strangers being nosy and all up in our business. That doesn't help us, it very much upsets us.

I understand it can be very upsetting when a loved one finds this site. It's confusing as to why it's here. Someone who knew Kayla more than likely submitted her death. That's typically how deaths are added to this site. I don't want to definitively say 100% because I do not receive the submissions. Some people submit the death of a loved one because they want to keep their memory alive. Many, if not all, of the online obituaries that allow comments are temporary. It may seem like a bunch of us are nosy. I guess we are. I know I like to see what kind of person they are. I like reading all of the great things that this person has done and how many lives they have touched. I like to read about all their quirks and ornery things they did. I love to read about how much they loved their pets and what a great friend or family member they were.
    It's like reading the obituary in the newspaper and never knowing their story. Have you ever read an obituary in the paper, or seen a death on the news and wondered anything about their life? That's kind of my reasoning. I also wonder what the circumstances of their death is. Especially when it is a young person. I know when I have seen an obit in the newspaper accompanied with a picture of a young person, I wonder what happened. And when it is a suicide, I personally always wonder why, especially when everything seemed fine. I really think we all have that curiosity.
    Everything that has been posted on here is from a public source. I don't want you to think/feel/believe that anyone has snuck information on here. It's all available to the public and is the same information the media acquires when reporting a story.
    Does your screen name have anything to do with Kayla? I'm only asking because of your comment about doing the research on Ambien.
    Again, I am sorry for your loss. Kayla seemed like a very bright, intelligent, fun-loving, and caring person. I hope that you will be able to come here and share your stories with us. There are many family members and friends, of those who have passed, on here. I hope you are able to find peace with Kayla's passing, in time.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Unfortunately the report y'all found was not supposed to be public. That was an error within the police department. It was brought to their attention and corrected. So a lot of the information y'all dug up wouldn't have been available to you if not for that mistake.

And again, several of y'all have made assumptions that are incorrect. I will not correct them because frankly it's none of your business.

Unfortunately the report y'all found was not supposed to be public. That was an error within the police department. It was brought to their attention and corrected. So a lot of the information y'all dug up wouldn't have been available to you if not for that mistake.

And again, several of y'all have made assumptions that are incorrect. I will not correct them because frankly it's none of your business.
    That's unfortunate that the police department made a mistake. At the time of it's availability, it was public record, and not our mistake. All we can do is speculate. I think everyone does that around the dinner table, watching the news, reading the news online, and talking about it "around the water cooler." This forum just happens to be our water cooler. Nothing is meant to be offensive because it is all public resources. Remember, there were tweets and FB posts that provided some insight to what may have happened.
    Personally, I don't mind if you don't correct the inconsistencies of Kayla's passing. She was your friend/family member and I can respect that.
    Again, you have my heart felt condolences in the loss of your friend/family member. I still hope that, one day, you will come back and share stories of Kayla. She sounds like a very delightful young woman.
    Take care, and peace to you.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar

My mother takes this, so I will be doing some research.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    My mother takes this, so I will be doing some research.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    My mother takes this as well and now I am worried. I almost lost her to heart issues two years ago and have been worried about her health ever since.

I am sorry for the loss of Kayla. She was beautiful and had one of those smiles that I imagine lit up the room.

I've taken Ambien in the past and loved it. It's the only thing I've found that knocks me out and six hours later I wake up feeling like I slept twelve. I would have to have my nightly routine completed before taking it because it only took 10-15 minutes to knock me out. As soon as I took it, I went straight to bed. Ten to fifteen minutes later I was 'ohh' and out.

I take Xanax when I go to bed and that kicks in pretty quickly too. I've heard of people sleepwalking/eating if they take Ambien and don't go to bed right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    I take Xanax when I go to bed and that kicks in pretty quickly too. I've heard of people sleepwalking/eating if they take Ambien and don't go to bed right away.
    I was fearful of Ambien because of the stories of sleepwalking/eating/driving and the like. It didn't do anything like that to me. I took it and was zonked. Best. Sleep. Evar.

If my Xanax didn't help me like it does, I would try Ambien. My mom says it really works for her. I can't sleep without help because I would just stay up all night worrying about crap.

Thread Information