Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Peter Kanhai (18), Darian Ramnarine (18) and Neil Rajapa (18) died when learner driver Joseph Beer (17) crashed their car into a tree

Peter Kanhai (18), Darian Ramnarine (18) and Neil Rajapa (18) died when learner driver Joseph Beer (17) crashed their car into a tree

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012...ar_into_a_tree

This story is not over. I read articles claiming the driver was high when the crash occurred...Since it was so close to home, I have been really struck by this story.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1178261

Asked about an unconfirmed news report that Beer and his buddies might have been high and that the wreckage reeked of pot, Senti said ?we did not notice that.?

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz292rNque4

I have also read, a few of their names were originally misspelled...

Peter Anthony = Peter Kanhai
    Neil Rajaba = Neal Rajaba
    Last edited by Olivia; 10-26-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: updated link

I think I posted this article wrong. I am sorry for the mistake...it has been a while and I am stumped with the new forum...

Wow. Just look at that car. I hope his parents put the car title in the kid's name.... otherwise everything they own is likely gone in the event of a law suit.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 10-13-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

I wonder what a beginning driver was foing driving a brand new STI in the first place.

i think i read that he got it as a present for graduating early.

The car, which Beer had been given for graduating early from Richmond Hill High School, split in two — and tossed the teens out like rag dolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Yikes. Pretty awseaome gift and I'm aure.he deaerved it but.definitely not the type of car.I would buy my daughter as a first car.

Geez my phone butchered the hell outta that post

this made me think of the crash on long island that killed a couple of teens and turned the driver's dad's bmw into dust...

it still amazes me how many people still don't buckle up--not that these boys had much a chance with the car being sheared in half like that but...yeah.

also, i am totally in awe if the mom who holds no ill will toward the driver (at least in print). not that hating on him and being angry would solve anything but to have your shit together like that after your son was killed is kind of a beautiful thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

I have driven (purposely) past the crash site three times this week...There is RIP spray painting on the trees and the shoulder of the SSP. I finally saw the wreckage area along the wooded area just after exit 17. I have been wanting to see, exactly where this tragedy took place. I just needed to visualize the, "that is where it happened."

I wonder where the Queens teens were coming from. News says they were seeing Taken 2 that night. Why they travel to the Island? Why were they driving home so late?

The lone survivor had his seat belt on and survived. It is just sad...He is out of the hospital, (Joseph Beer.) He now has to live the rest of his life knowing he killed his friends.

Part of me hopes the driver, Beer, wasn't high or drunk....

NO. Vienna, you're new so this isn't on you but come on, totally inappropriate in a death thread, MorbidT. There are a billion threads to dick around in. I am deleting those posts.

Am I the only one that finds it weird that 20 family members went to go identify the body of Chris Khan? I mean, 20? Really? Don't they have some sort of policy against that at the morgue?? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it weird that 20 family members went to go identify the body of Chris Khan? I mean, 20? Really? Don't they have some sort of policy against that at the morgue?? Weird.
    Meh......

I don't think there is a particular policy. I mean, they might have one, but they have to respect the culture? You know what I mean? We would have family members come in from out of town, who missed their loved one passing, and wanted to view them so we would clean them up and take them to a "foyer" of the morgue so they wouldn't see all the tools. Granted, it was one or two family members, but we never told a family they couldn't see their loved one. I also had parents who would want to see their child again. I would clean the baby up, put a beanie hat on them, and swaddle them.

Personally, I'd need 19 others to identify a loved one. If one could not console me, I know 18 others would. I do not find it weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna Nguyen View Post
    Teens doing drugs and driving irresponsibly, what else is new? I remember when I was 15 and had my first car...omg sooo many cars were sacrificed on my pilgrimage to be a decent driver. Thank god my parents were smart enough to buy me a used carolla, that thing had SO MANY DENTS haha.

My dad told me that because I am a girl and Asian therefore they are not taking risks...so TRUE.
    If I were loaded I'd buy my kid a nice car sure. Especially if they earned it. But quick cars aren't something to be toyed with by someone inexperienced with driving.

some dude's parents bought him a ferrari he wrecked it and it caught on fire.he and his passenger are in critical condition.

it looked like this

when he wrecked it.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/t...ns-in-a/nShLf/

Omg they lived????

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    Omg they lived????
    yeah i am surprised, he has 80 percent burns on his body.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vienna Nguyen View Post
    Teens doing drugs and driving irresponsibly, what else is new? I remember when I was 15 and had my first car...omg sooo many cars were sacrificed on my pilgrimage to be a decent driver. Thank god my parents were smart enough to buy me a used carolla, that thing had SO MANY DENTS haha.

My dad told me that because I am a girl and Asian therefore they are not taking risks...so TRUE.
    ...?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    ...?
    Oh, come on. YOU KNOW.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Oh, come on. YOU KNOW.
    Well yeah but still...
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Asian kids are the quickest to confirm that stereotype.

Teen driver hires attorney; services held for 2 victims

The teen behind the wheel of the car that crashed in Lakeview this week, killing his four passengers, retained an attorney Wednesday as funeral services were held for two of the victims.
    Criminal attorney Todd Greenberg, of Forest Hills, Queens, confirmed that he now represents 17-year-old Joseph Beer.
    "I have no comment at this time out of respect for the four young men and their families," Greenberg said.
    While authorities continued their investigation into what caused the crash on the Southern State Parkway early Monday, families and friends attended services for Darian Ramnarine and Christopher Khan, both 18 and of South Ozone Park, Queens.
    All four victims were pronounced dead at the scene after investigators said Beer lost control of the 2012 Subaru Impreza, slamming into several trees before the car split in two.
    Peter Kanhai, 18, of South Ozone Park, and Neal Rajapa, 17, of Jamaica, were also killed. All five were thrown from the vehicle.
    Beer, of Richmond Hill, Queens, was treated for injuries and discharged from Winthrop-University Hospital Tuesday night, a hospital spokesman confirmed.
    At a news conference Wednesday on another issue, Nassau District Attorney Kathleen Rice said Beer's blood is being tested for alcohol and drugs, but results could take up to two weeks.
    Rice said her office has been in touch with Subaru officials to see if they can extract information from Beer's car that can help determine his speed when he crashed.
    Investigators are also working with accident reconstruction experts to determine a possible cause for the crash.
    "I am well aware that there is a great deal of speculation about the cause of this tragedy," Rice said, adding that she could not comment further until more evidence is gathered.
    Khan and Ramnarine's services were held at Bergen Funeral Services, on Rockaway Boulevard in Ozone Park.
    Khan, who is Muslim, was remembered in an Islamic ceremony before his body was taken to Washington Memorial Cemetery for a burial.
    Ramnarine, who is Hindu, will be cremated.
    Khan's service drew an overflow crowd of mourners. Afterward, his father drove to the cemetery to bury his son. His mother, overcome, fainted in a chair and was tended to by family members.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/n...tims-1.4097330

Driver Of Car That Crashed, Killing Four On Southern State Parkway, Out Of Hospital

MALVERNE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – The teen driver involved in a wreck that claimed the lives of four friends is out of the hospital.
    Joseph Beer, 17, was the sole survivor of Monday’s crash near Exit 17 of the Southern State Parkway.
    Beer was behind the wheel when his car slammed into trees in Malverne. The impact was so intense the car split into pieces. Everyone was thrown from the vehicle.
    Four 18-year-old passengers – Darian Ramnarine, Christopher Khan, Neal Rajaba and Peter Kanhai - died instantly. The group were all said to be childhood buddies who grew up together in Queens.
    Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice said there has been a lot of speculation as to what caused the horrific crash.
    Sources told CBS 2 Beer has admitted the group was smoking marijuana before the crash.
    “Blood from the driver has been sent to a lab to be screened for alcohol and drugs. While we hope to expedite those tests, the results may not be available for some time,” she said Wednesday.
    Rice said because Beer was driving a Subaru, her office has also contacted the car company.
    “To determine if the vehicle had a black box from which data about the vehicle’s speed can be downloaded,” Rice said.
    She said that, right now, no criminal charges have been filed.
    Beer was driving with a learner’s permit. However driving with a learner’s permit is only allowed if someone 21 or older is in the car at the time.
    So far, no criminal charges have been filed, but an announcement about the case is expected to be made later today.
    The Southern State Parkway is one of the deadliest roads in the area, WCBS 880′s Mike Xirinachs reported. AAA said that’s due to poor lighting, heavy traffic and frequent speeding.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...t-of-hospital/

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    Teen driver hires attorney; services held for 2 victims

The teen behind the wheel of the car that crashed in Lakeview this week, killing his four passengers, retained an attorney Wednesday as funeral services were held for two of the victims.
    Criminal attorney Todd Greenberg, of Forest Hills, Queens, confirmed that he now represents 17-year-old Joseph Beer.
    "I have no comment at this time out of respect for the four young men and their families," Greenberg said.
    While authorities continued their investigation into what caused the crash on the Southern State Parkway early Monday, families and friends attended services for Darian Ramnarine and Christopher Khan, both 18 and of South Ozone Park, Queens.
    All four victims were pronounced dead at the scene after investigators said Beer lost control of the 2012 Subaru Impreza, slamming into several trees before the car split in two.
    Peter Kanhai, 18, of South Ozone Park, and Neal Rajapa, 17, of Jamaica, were also killed. All five were thrown from the vehicle.
    Beer, of Richmond Hill, Queens, was treated for injuries and discharged from Winthrop-University Hospital Tuesday night, a hospital spokesman confirmed.
    At a news conference Wednesday on another issue, Nassau District Attorney Kathleen Rice said Beer's blood is being tested for alcohol and drugs, but results could take up to two weeks.
    Rice said her office has been in touch with Subaru officials to see if they can extract information from Beer's car that can help determine his speed when he crashed.
    Investigators are also working with accident reconstruction experts to determine a possible cause for the crash.
    "I am well aware that there is a great deal of speculation about the cause of this tragedy," Rice said, adding that she could not comment further until more evidence is gathered.
    Khan and Ramnarine's services were held at Bergen Funeral Services, on Rockaway Boulevard in Ozone Park.
    Khan, who is Muslim, was remembered in an Islamic ceremony before his body was taken to Washington Memorial Cemetery for a burial.
    Ramnarine, who is Hindu, will be cremated.
    Khan's service drew an overflow crowd of mourners. Afterward, his father drove to the cemetery to bury his son. His mother, overcome, fainted in a chair and was tended to by family members.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/n...tims-1.4097330

Driver Of Car That Crashed, Killing Four On Southern State Parkway, Out Of Hospital

MALVERNE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – The teen driver involved in a wreck that claimed the lives of four friends is out of the hospital.
    Joseph Beer, 17, was the sole survivor of Monday’s crash near Exit 17 of the Southern State Parkway.
    Beer was behind the wheel when his car slammed into trees in Malverne. The impact was so intense the car split into pieces. Everyone was thrown from the vehicle.
    Four 18-year-old passengers – Darian Ramnarine, Christopher Khan, Neal Rajaba and Peter Kanhai - died instantly. The group were all said to be childhood buddies who grew up together in Queens.
    Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice said there has been a lot of speculation as to what caused the horrific crash.
    Sources told CBS 2 Beer has admitted the group was smoking marijuana before the crash.
    “Blood from the driver has been sent to a lab to be screened for alcohol and drugs. While we hope to expedite those tests, the results may not be available for some time,” she said Wednesday.
    Rice said because Beer was driving a Subaru, her office has also contacted the car company.
    “To determine if the vehicle had a black box from which data about the vehicle’s speed can be downloaded,” Rice said.
    She said that, right now, no criminal charges have been filed.
    Beer was driving with a learner’s permit. However driving with a learner’s permit is only allowed if someone 21 or older is in the car at the time.
    So far, no criminal charges have been filed, but an announcement about the case is expected to be made later today.
    The Southern State Parkway is one of the deadliest roads in the area, WCBS 880′s Mike Xirinachs reported. AAA said that’s due to poor lighting, heavy traffic and frequent speeding.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...t-of-hospital/
    Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    Omg they lived????
    the driver died today

Thread Information