Thread: Hendrik Cuacuas (10) mysteriously shot inside movie theater while watching Wreck It Ralph

Hendrik Cuacuas (10) mysteriously shot inside movie theater while watching Wreck It Ralph

MEXICO CITY -- The mysterious shooting of a 10-year-old boy in a Mexico City Cinepolis movie theater has raised more questions than answers.

A week after the death of Hendrik Cuacuas, details of the shooting remain murky at best and it has become a topic of intrigue (Cinepolis was a Twitter top trend Tuesday).

According to an ongoing police investigation and local media reports, the shooting occurred on Nov. 2 while young Cuacuas, accompanied by his father and sister, were watching the animated Disney film Wreck-It-Ralph in a southern Mexico City theater.

The boy's father, Enrique Cuacuas, told investigators and radio station Radio W that the child was sitting on his right side in a full theater when about a half hour into the screening he heard something whiz past his ear, followed by the sound of a thud. He then turned to his right and saw his son convulsing and bleeding from the head. At that point, he realized his son had been shot. The boy was rushed to a hospital in critical condition, but died two days later.

An autopsy report revealed that the child was shot from a distance of about four to six feet and it said the bullet entered the front of the head. However, adding to the general confusion, the coroner was quoted as saying that the shooter was not necessarily standing in front of the victim.

Even stranger, the boy's father and others in the theater said they heard no gunshots.

Without offering proof, Cuacuas told Radio W that he learned there had been similar incidents in the past in the same theater.

Pablo Jimenez, head of Cinepolis' legal department, told Foro TV there was one incident in March, "also difficult to explain?in which a person received an injury to the foot." When asked if the injury was the result of a gunshot, he said he didn't know.

Police have closed the theater as the investigation continues

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/mysterious-...190030620.html

Maybe it came from outside? Stray bullet?

That is really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

how could the father hear a whizzing by his ear but the bullet coming from in from of the kiddo?

RIP Hendrik. way too young.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    how could the father hear a whizzing by his ear but the bullet coming from in from of the kiddo?
    Why you trying to use your smarty logic up in here?

Seriosuly though, RIP to this little one. 10 frikkin years old.

The comment about it not necessarily coming from directly in front of them made me scratch my head a bit. I imagined that if someone was standing between you and the screen you would notice. Or reversely, if you're in the back rows, you may notice someone turning around with a gun? So I am liable ot also think of stray bullet from the outside.

Or, another theory....time travelers come back to stop a future war.

But in all seriousness, this s terrible. Rip kiddo.

Aww - that poor little boy. I hope the figure out what happened. Far to early in his life for the light to have gone out.

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by CorgiKid View Post
    The comment about it not necessarily coming from directly in front of them made me scratch my head a bit. I imagined that if someone was standing between you and the screen you would notice. Or reversely, if you're in the back rows, you may notice someone turning around with a gun? So I am liable ot also think of stray bullet from the outside.

Or, another theory....time travelers come back to stop a future war.

But in all seriousness, this s terrible. Rip kiddo.
    I'm thinking it could possibly have been a ricochet?
    Lurker checking in.

Quote Originally Posted by YayMe View Post
    I'm thinking it could possibly have been a ricochet?
    Huh, that seems pretty plausible compared to my imaginings.

Actually, now that I think about it, if it had been a ricochet, someone would have heard it. So I'm back to confused. Unless the movie was so loud that it muffled the sound.
    Lurker checking in.

It's possible he was shot from behind? If someone is sitting behind him when the gun fired they wouldn't have to stand since theater seats are tiered and chances are no one would notice the gun. As for the sound, I dunno? Silencer?

Quote Originally Posted by HellionDeadwoman View Post
    It's possible he was shot from behind? If someone is sitting behind him when the gun fired they wouldn't have to stand since theater seats are tiered and chances are no one would notice the gun. As for the sound, I dunno? Silencer?
    I originally imagined that from behind seemed more logical, but their report seems to go against that. Maybe we're just getting a terrible report.

A 10-year-old boy killed inside a Mexico City movie theater was hit by a stray bullet that was fired outside the building, authorities said Tuesday.
    Prosecutor Edmundo Garrido said Hendrik Cuacuas was hit in the head by a 9-mm bullet at a theater in the rough neighborhood of Iztapalapa.

(...)

The bullet passed through the building's laminate roof, then pierced a suspended ceiling and traveled to the upper right side of the child's head, ballistics expert Anselmo Apodaca said.
    Apodaca said police found a second 9-mm bullet on the theater's roof but authorities were still trying to determine if it was fired by the same weapon.

Cuacuas said he had heard of at least four other shooting incidents at the Cinepolis movie theater where his son was hit. Garrido, the prosecutor, said authorities had no reports of any other incidents. Cinepolis spokesman Pablo Jimenez told W Radio that in March a man was wounded in a foot while watching a movie at the same complex but that it was still unclear what happened to him.
    http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci...t-stray-bullet
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid_much View Post
    The bullet passed through the building's laminate roof, then pierced a suspended ceiling and traveled to the upper right side of the child's head, ballistics expert Anselmo Apodaca said.
    Apodaca said police found a second 9-mm bullet on the theater's roof but authorities were still trying to determine if it was fired by the same weapon.
    Wow...that is some incredible bad luck..

Thread Information