Thread: Matthew Forbes Turnbull (23) - 8 November 2012

Matthew Forbes Turnbull (23) - 8 November 2012

NEW SWEDEN - Matthew Forbes Turnbull, 23, passed away suddenly Nov. 8, 2012. Matthew was born Jan. 11, 1989, at Cary Medical Center, the youngest son of Alan and Lynn Turnbull.

Matthew had many passions and interests, but his favorite was spending time with his family at their farm in New Sweden and camp at Little Madawaska Lake. Matthew graduated from Caribou High School in 2007, and went on to study welding and commercial truck driving at Northern Maine Community College, where he developed many strong friendships with students and professors alike. Listeners to 101.9 FM, the Rock, were entertained by Matthew as "Nameless the Intern," and special friends, Brian Mosher, Doug Cronkhite and Jack LeVangee. Matthew helped and avidly supported "Common Crossing," his favorite local band. Matthew was always quick with a joke and a smile, he truly was "Living the dream," as he would tell those who asked how he was doing. Matthew frequently had lunch with "Momma" and "Dad" at The Aroostook Medical Center and enjoyed regular outings to Eureka Hall. Most of Matthew's spare time was spent working in the barn with oldest brother, Joshua and "sister-in-love," Cassie, as the CMO, or "Chief Manure Officer," of Turnbull Farms Dairy. Matthew dearly loved his two nieces, Isabelle and Hattie;and big brother, Seth and his wife, Lacie. Matthew was the heart and soul of the farm, and loved all the animals, especially his black lab and constant companion, Phoebe.

Matthew is survived by many loving friends and family, including parents, Alan and Lynn Turnbull of New Sweden; brother and sister-in-law, Joshua and Katherine "Cassie" Turnbull also of New Sweden; brother and sister-in-law, Seth and Lacie Philbrick-Turnbull of Brunswick; nieces Isabelle and Hattie Philbrick-Turnbull of Brunswick; sister, Sarah Johnson and husband, Michael, of Honolulu; aunts and uncles, Bonnie and Jeff Bouchard of Madawaska Lake, Bryan and Debbie Forbes of Madawaska Lake, Ann and Todd Stephenson of Mapleton and Peter Turnbull of Lincoln; grandmother, Mildred Forbes of Madawaska Lake; grandmother, Eva Turnbull of Lincoln;, and great-auntie, Karen Wakem of Caribou. Matthew was predeceased by great-grandparents, Arnold and Lillian Forsman and Stratton and Crystal Forbes; grandfather, Llewellyn Forbes; grandfather, Ferdinand Turnbull; and uncle, Paul Turnbull.

Family and friends may call 7-9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at Lancaster-Morgan Funeral Home, Caribou, where a funeral service will be held 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, with Pastor Gordon Compton officiating. Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at www.lancastermorgan.com.

We will always love you, Matty.
    Published in BDN Maine on November 10, 2012
    http://obituaries.bangordailynews.co...&pid=160971547
    https://www.facebook.com/matthew.turnbull.56

Matt Turnbull was a good kid, a genuine kid with a big heart. For someone of his generation, he was the hardest working person I know. That?s because he comes from a good family. My heart aches for his family. I don?t know many that were as close. There is a hole that will never be filled. Matt would say that somehow we must pick ourselves up and move on.

I?ll always have pictures and recordings of crazy things that we did. I?ll always have those memories. But he won?t be calling the station after hours saying ?Can you let me in?? He won?t be roaming the halls telling everyone he?s hungry and that we should order a pizza. He won?t be laughing his stupid, immature, beautiful laugh. He won?t be coming to me for advice on love, politics or religion. I took those talks for granted and now I?ll miss them.

It was all for the show. Matt Turnbull was my friend. He was ?Nameless the Intern.? He was ?Captain Outstanding.? He was ? there, anytime I needed him. I gave him a hard time on the air on a daily basis, but every time we turned off the microphones we all laughed and one of us would say ?that?s good radio right there.? He would come in with ideas for how to make fun of him. It was all for the show. THAT show is over now.

?The sun?s gonna shine, the rain?s gonna fall ? but nothing is as it seems. ?Cause we?re still here, as the world turns ? And you?re off living the dream.?
    http://1019therock.com/chris-obrien-...tern-turnbull/

Matthew Turnbull dies, Edmond St. Pierre hurt in Caribou crash
    Aroostook County, Maine — November 8, 2012
    A motorist died and another was injured in a two-vehicle collision on Van Buren Road Thursday morning.

According to the Caribou Police Department, 23-year-old Matthew Turnbull of New Sweden was traveling southbound in his 2000 GMC Sierra pickup truck around 5:50 a.m. when he lost control and collided with the 2004 Ford Explorer driven by 48-year-old Edmond St. Pierre of Caribou.

Mr. Turnbull was transported to Cary Medical Center where he later died from his injuries. Mr. St. Pierre was also hospitalized.

Officers are conducting an ongoing investigation to determine the cause of this incident.

http://findmyaccident.com/maine/2012...caribou-crash/

Seems like I need some Google training!? Thank you!

YW. I actually did a couple of different searches before I found that. Finally went with Matt Turnbull cause of death (or just death - can't remember)

Thread Information