Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Per Request: Video of secret Mormon ceremony inside temple

Im not sure what the messages were but im sure it was something that he was praying on franticlaly and needed all his members to know. I know that it's a scheduled thing so we alwasy knew in advance. I begged to stay home from those because i would fall asleep. My mom rarely let me get away with not going to church.

Im not one to normally sit and criticize a religion because hey, to each their own but ive had a lot of personal dealings with them and most of the memories were not at all that great or happy. I felt forced by my parents to interact with the young womens groups and i hated every one of those bitches in thosse classes. I went to school with them so yeah, i know what kind of assholes they were away from the eyes of our church teachers. Bitches.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Lady View Post
    Crazy noob born and raised on Long Island! I was almost like your neighbor.
    I always miss the crazies by so little.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Im not sure what the messages were but im sure it was something that he was praying on franticlaly and needed all his members to know. I know that it's a scheduled thing so we alwasy knew in advance. I begged to stay home from those because i would fall asleep. My mom rarely let me get away with not going to church.

Im not one to normally sit and criticize a religion because hey, to each their own but ive had a lot of personal dealings with them and most of the memories were not at all that great or happy. I felt forced by my parents to interact with the young womens groups and i hated every one of those bitches in thosse classes. I went to school with them so yeah, i know what kind of assholes they were away from the eyes of our church teachers. Bitches.
    I totally have a problem with something being so powerful that it causes people to turn on their own family members. All of this cult shit is odd at best and traumatizing at worst.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Crazy noob born and raised on Long Island! I was almost like your neighbor.
    LI, in da hizz-ouse!

My dad was raised Jehovah, married a Jehovah (heartless whore) and left when they divorced. My grandmother never ever gave any of her children any kind of shit for leaving. She was a gem, really. I would go to meetings with her and I have to say what I did like about them was it wasn't "preaching" (I also attended Methodist Sunday School) but rather "teaching". Her bible was FULL of notes and scraps of paper.

However, when she died those fuckers turned their backs on us. They pretty much told my dad's friend (the funeral director) that they would NOT do my nana's service because the only one there worth saving was already dead Fortunately, long time family friends (from a different kingdom hall) got wind of it and the father and son did the services and they did a beautiful job.

The witnesses still continued to come to our house and try and get us to go back. My dad would just chew them out for turning their backs on us and slam the door. We moved clear across the Island to the south shore and within 3 years of moving there, a new kingdom hall was built. And those fuckers found us
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post

I know this is fucked up, I thought a while before I decided to share. I can relate to how you feel about the Mormon religion, I feel the same about Jehovah's Witnesses. My mom started studying with a sister from the Kingdom Hall when I was 8, I attended my last meeting right after I turned 16. That religion haunts me to this day, over 30+ years later. My parents are deceased, my brother, sister and their families are Witnesses. It makes for a lot of holiday fun.

Since I lived with my parents until I was 18, I lived with celebrating no holidays and no birthdays. I can remember when I was 17, I went walking around my neighborhood on Christmas Day, hoping a friend would invite me in and I would get to celebrate with a NORMAL family. It sounds so pathetic and needy now that I can look back and laugh. I make a big deal out of the holidays for my family. They will never know what that longing is like. They order their sheeple to alienate their family if they are considered "apostate". How can a religion brainwash someone so completely, that they cut off all ties with the people they are supposed to love. What happened to being good Christians and not judging? I just don't get it.

I see a lot of similarities with Mormons and Witnesses. Both started by insane, power hungry men. I'm sorry that you have so many unhappy memories, but I understand. The anger is always so close to the surface. Sometimes it just comes out, like now.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Seriously, Romney is a very active in the church and that was part of what scared me about him. It isnt like he was just thrown in with mormonism just a little bit ago, he was brought up in mormonism thru his ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    LI, in da hizz-ouse!

My dad was raised Jehovah, married a Jehovah (heartless whore) and left when they divorced. My grandmother never ever gave any of her children any kind of shit for leaving. She was a gem, really. I would go to meetings with her and I have to say what I did like about them was it wasn't "preaching" (I also attended Methodist Sunday School) but rather "teaching". Her bible was FULL of notes and scraps of paper.

However, when she died those fuckers turned their backs on us. They pretty much told my dad's friend (the funeral director) that they would NOT do my nana's service because the only one there worth saving was already dead Fortunately, long time family friends (from a different kingdom hall) got wind of it and the father and son did the services and they did a beautiful job.

The witnesses still continued to come to our house and try and get us to go back. My dad would just chew them out for turning their backs on us and slam the door. We moved clear across the Island to the south shore and within 3 years of moving there, a new kingdom hall was built. And those fuckers found us
    Hey! I swear they can track you down like blood hounds! I'm sorry for the loss of your Nana. I'm glad your father ran them off. If you let them put a foot back in, they try to grap the rest of you. I will NEVER understand how they can get their sheeple to turn their back on family.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Hey! I swear they can track you down like blood hounds! I'm sorry for the loss of your Nana. I'm glad your father ran them off. If you let them put a foot back in, they try to grap the rest of you. I will NEVER understand how they can get their sheeple to turn their back on family.
    I don't get it either; my nana was NEVER like that. My aunt is kind of like you - I guess because she was the only girl, she had to stay in until she left the house. She too resents never having a birthday or a Christmas. But when the grandkids came, we would get gifts on both occasions but she would tell us "It's not because it's (insert holiday here), it's because I love you".

It's a shame it is what it is now (almost cult-like) because as a religion, the actual teachings, are pretty accurate. I went through a period where I wasn't sure what path I wanted to follow and was researching various faiths. And I have to say, most of the teachings of Wicca coincided with what I learned with JW.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Well if a 'cult' wants to come across as more real and the 'only true way', all they have to do is mix in a little bit of the truth with the lies. People are always going to be easily swayed and scared to do the wrong things.

I actually think that jim jones, david koresh, those hale bopp people.......they got what they wanted in the end as far as im concerned. The head leaders brainwashed their followers sooo badly to the point of no return and they all died, so yeah they actually were successful.

Mormons are successful in hiding behind not their teachings but by being 'good people'....this is why they are so hard up and into doing kind things for others for not just their members but for non members as well.
    If you believe in the bible at all, you know that in order to get to heaven its not by good deeds but by the blood of christ. Many may not agree withme and thats ok. Religion is a very personal thing and yes i am blasting mormonism on here but i wouldnt blast my mother for believing in it. She believed in it up until she passed away.

Maybe my feelings are just this strong because of my dealings with them for almost 30 years.

one of my good friends growing up is mormon and she comes from one of the coolest, kindest families i have ever met. They treat me like family even if I am that crazy non-mormon girl. she struggled a bit with her faith growing up. she was raped by the guy she was dating. she did not file a police report but consulted a doctor, who tried, like me, to get her to report it too. She did confess to her bishop (i could be confusing the title with catholicism), who chastised her for her behavior while the guy, who felt it unecessary to tell his confessor what happened, got nothing. them she got in trouble again for her post-rape behavior and i finally had to sit her down and tell her that she either needed to get all that out and stop hooking up or keep at it and stop telling the bishop about it or she would find herself in a big mess.

she ended up putting in a shit ton of work to show she was rehabilitated or whatever, and worthy of being seen as an adult in the church. she made it magic underpants status, went on a mission, came back, met her husband, and has a couple of kids. the church was really important to her, and while i think it is something else, I am glad that I kept hearing her out when she had no one else to and was able to help her back. I even flew out of state to see her off pre-mission and helped her pack. I couldn't go in the deseret stores with her though, so I sat in the parking lot and smoked while she bought her garments. she is really happy being her good mormon self.

We butt heads on a lot of things but we respect each other enough for our beliefs to not ruin our friendship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

It's super hard to get away with bad behavior in this church, especially in my town where most people know each other. The church has had generations of families go thru there so it's obvious who the major 'heavy' mormons are and arent.
    Members are encouraged to donate as much as possible.

i wouldnt never imply that everyone who is mormon are labeled straight up assholes or anything. i know plenty of really genuine kind, awesome people who are members. That is really the first thing you will hear when someone talks about mormons.

"Oh you know, those mormons!"
    "Yeah, but did you see how awesome they are to people?"

When my dad left, omg they came in by the troop load. They had people assigned to bring in meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a few straight weeks because my mom was a wreck and we had soooo much family here searching for my dad.
    The church has members who are lawyers and one lawyer did all the legal work to have my dad legally declared dead. He didnt charge her a cent for it, which was very kind.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    I don't get it either; my nana was NEVER like that. My aunt is kind of like you - I guess because she was the only girl, she had to stay in until she left the house. She too resents never having a birthday or a Christmas. But when the grandkids came, we would get gifts on both occasions but she would tell us "It's not because it's (insert holiday here), it's because I love you".

It's a shame it is what it is now (almost cult-like) because as a religion, the actual teachings, are pretty accurate. I went through a period where I wasn't sure what path I wanted to follow and was researching various faiths. And I have to say, most of the teachings of Wicca coincided with what I learned with JW.

Any Witness who read this would have a stroke! Did you know, they are now encouraging younger children to get baptized? On the JW Recovery site, a former MS said that they were told that even minors should be shunned by family if they fall away from the truth. WHY??? That is too sick for words. Imagine being baprized at 8, turning away at 13 and having your family ignore you. It's sheer lunacy in my opinion.

All structured religion is lunacy.

WTBB, what is the real belief behind an LDS member committing suicide? Do they still get full burial rights?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronsmommy View Post
    WTBB, what is the real belief behind an LDS member committing suicide? Do they still get full burial rights?
    Im not sure to be honest. Im not even positive on their stance about suicide.

Out of all my years at the church i can only remember one funeral and it was a 16 year old girl that was killed in a car accident. I didnt go to the memorial service.

Thats an interesting question tho. They do ex communite members but its usually on the hush hush.

When my dad disappeared, my mom later on down the road started seeing a man and the church got wind of it, pulled her into their office and threatened ex communication. i dont know what my mom said to them or annything but i know she continued her relationship with the guy for klike a year or so.

She ended up moving and got active again in mormonism.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1987/10/s...o-not?lang=eng
    President Spencer W. Kimball made an equally strong statement in 1976. “It is a terrible criminal act for a person to go out and shorten his life by suicide,” he said. (Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball, ed. Edward L. Kimball, Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1982, p. 187.)

Those statements on their own might seem to leave no room for hope. However, although they stress the seriousness of suicide, the statements do not mention the final destination of those who take their own lives.

The late Elder Bruce R. McConkie, formerly of the Quorum of the Twelve, expressed what many Church leaders have taught: “Suicide consists in the voluntary and intentional taking of one’s own life, particularly where the person involved is accountable and has a sound mind. … Persons subject to great stresses may lose control of themselves and become mentally clouded to the point that they are no longer accountable for their acts. Such are not to be condemned for taking their own lives. It should also be remembered that judgment is the Lord’s; he knows the thoughts, intents, and abilities of men; and he in his infinite wisdom will make all things right in due course.” (Mormon Doctrine, Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1966, p. 771; some italics added.)

im actually on a chat with some missionaries right now and they are asking me to come back....lol

i think my mom was baptized morman but only because she was young and looking for something and her brother had just done it so he could marry some nutty broad. i think my uncle recently went back to the church, but he's never mentioned it to me. mom doesn't know anything about it, peobably went to services for about 6 months, if that, but never got unbaptized. can you do that?

i just think people in my family wish they believed in something other than this world, but deep down they just don't. i doubt any of us take religion serious. me and my siblings are just much more honest about not giving a shit than the rest of the family.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

No, you can't be 'un-baptised', you can just choose to ignore that you ever were.

Baptisms were meant to be like a public way of saying that you believe in god and you are being baptised in his name, etc. To me baptisms are not an evil thing but i think if you take it sriousy you need to undertsand why you are being baptised.

Like i was said i was baptised for the dead well over 130+ times. I remember it but it has no value to me so in my opinion god doesnt look down on me for not understand at that time what i was being baptised for. i was baptised christian when i was like 23 or 24 and that meant something to me and also i was old enough to 'get' what it meant.

With mormons and the young adults being taken to the temple, i dont remember them telling us why we were being told to do what we did. In the end, and it's only my opinion, asking to be baptised in the name of a dead person does not grant them access to heaven but that is only my opinion. A dead person has no voice, so who are we to do such a thing?

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Two of the smartest people I know are Mormon. In high school I was friends with a lot of JWs as well. I am antitheist, so I'm against any belief in a deity, but I do slightly envy my friend's lifestyles. I would visit my friend T and they would always have other JWs over visiting, bringing food, getting ready to go camping together, having bbqs or just hanging out. They all have millions of childhood friends that they grew up with, millions of family friends that they know through church, they all have a whole community of people behind them and I don't have that. I can see how it would be hard to leave that all behind. Anyway, it's just something I've been pondering for the past few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

TPT, dont get me wrong, there are wonderful people that are mormon. They are some of the nicest people you will ever meet really. Thats the first thing everyone will tell you is just how genuine and kind they are and they really are.

They are HUGE into fellowship with other members so like with the camping and stuff, thats all normal. I went to a baptist church for a few years and we went camping, did all kinds of get togethers, everything. I made some awesome friends thru the baptist church.

The mormon church here in my town is pretty snobby and im only talking about the people i went with. A lot of them are very wealthy and they do look down on others and that upsets me.

See, if i was to walk into a mormon church right now, most people there would know me because of how long i was in the church and they do have my church records but i guarantee you that even if i turned up there in a dress and they saw my tattoos, they would ask me to cover them.
    Im almost tempted to go just to see what they would be like to me about it because well, i do have a lot of ink on me and that is strictly forbidden.

being baptized for the dead seems so strange to me! i'm not saying anything about you - just that the concept is mind boggling to me.

i was baptized catholic, went to a catholic school for a minute and did church, catechism and communion. that's where i fell off. i never had any connection to the girls in my school or other people from my church. none of it ever made sense to me so when i grew up i just decided to believe that when i die i will either cease to exist or make it into some kind of happy place.

i've never had any fear of this 'hell' thing because, honestly... i'm not an ass hole. i have a good 'soul'. i am very confident in that and i don't feel the need to believe in a deity, worship him or her and tell people about it to ensure my fate. any god who doesn't think i'm good enough for salvation because i didn't say the right word is a dick.

The baptising for the dead is weird to a lot of people. Basically the church is really big on knowing your geneology. Thats why each church has a library, not for just sunday school or service reasons but they do all their geneology and if they find no records for past family members, you submit their names to the temple for them to be baptised thru someone else.
    My mom's mom wasnt mormon and she lived in a nursing home about 3 hours from us. We would see her when we were in that town because my aunt also lived there and my aunt oversaw my grandma's care. i think i was like 9 or something but i remember when grandma was dying, my mom called the local mormom church and they came in and gave my grandmother a 'blessing' and grandma passed not long after that.
    I do believe in the blessings but I dont find them to be just for mormons. The members of the priesthood get together and place their hands on the persons head and annoints them and they pray asking for gods help for comfort, help to get over a sickness, etc.
    I have never personally had any issue on blessings because in my opinion it's no different than people asking other people to pray for you in your church.

My mom submitted my grandmothers name to the temple because grandma was not mormon. I know that the people that i got baptised for were described as 'scavenger' type people from the early 1800's that never got the chance/opportunity to be given a soul in heaven.

i dont remember any of the names either, i mean there were over 130+ of them.

i guess that makes a little sense, i mean - mormonism is such a brand new religion, and that would mean there are millons of people who's only option was not to be saved because it didn't exist when they were alive. it makes perfect sense!

no really though - so people throughout history are where, now, given that there is this great new heaven that the mormons have access to? like, do the mormons believe that with the spread of their religion, eventually all of the people who lived before mormanism will make it in because of the post mortem baptisms? all the way up until the records trace back to one?

Quote Originally Posted by trailerparktrash View Post
    Two of the smartest people I know are Mormon. In high school I was friends with a lot of JWs as well. I am antitheist, so I'm against any belief in a deity, but I do slightly envy my friend's lifestyles. I would visit my friend T and they would always have other JWs over visiting, bringing food, getting ready to go camping together, having bbqs or just hanging out. They all have millions of childhood friends that they grew up with, millions of family friends that they know through church, they all have a whole community of people behind them and I don't have that. I can see how it would be hard to leave that all behind. Anyway, it's just something I've been pondering for the past few months.
    TPT, that's why most people are afraid to leave, they don't want to lose their family and friends. On the Recovery site, there are so many people who are trying to just "fade" away so they are not ignored. I can tell you first hand, you are treated very differently. I know my brother and sister love me, but they follow their religion and don't have the relationship with me that sibling should have. It makes me sad, but fortunately I have a wonderful family and awesome friends. I can't imagine leaving the JW and not having anything.

Thread Information