Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
Honestly to me god is god. The same god i grew up knowing in the mormon church is the same god i identify with. He's no different to me. The only difference between the mormon time and my time now is the teachings. I don't believe in the mormons teachings. I find the church itself repulsive to be quite honest. When mom died, the church REALLY pissed me off and i have considered talking face to face with the bishop of her ward just to tell him how much they hurt us during that time.

They believe that god and satan are 'brothers'. I dont believe that. i dont believe in their seperate kingdoms. I dont believe in their magic underpants either.

I don't think bad of any other gods. Ive never sat and educamacated myself on other gods. I know the god i believe in.

You are kinda like my ex in the sense that since he doesnt see evidence of it, therefore it cant be real. I get it and i do understand the need for proof. For me, my need for proof has been established over and over.

When my mom chose to go off dialysis, we were told to expect her to swell to the point of her skin cracking, ripping and weeping all over because her kidneys didnt work. They said it would be very painful and I made sure to keep her medicated. I prayed and prayed and prayed to PLEASE not let my mom suffer. Please dont let her swell so bad that her skin rips open and she lays there in pain dying. Over the year before when she was on dialysis, my mom would swell every other day to the point she couldnt move.

Here we were, with mom dying. no dialysis, she is straight up dying now. I watched her feet, her legs, her arms, hands and face. No swelling. No pain.

Im bawling typing this right now because it brings me so much comfort that i feel as tho god answered my prayers for her not to die like that. i wanted her to be at peace and in no pain and that is exactly what happened. I gave that up to god and my mom died in front of me looking as beautiful as she did before she ever got sick. i got to watch her leave this world and myself, my sister and my aunt were spared from seeing her die in agony.

All i wanted was peace, comfort and no pain and thats what we got.

Im sorry.
wow, wtbb. that's really touching and i'm glad your faith in god helped you through that time. i'm sorry for your loss and i'm happy your mother went more peacefully than expected.

ron... you're such a meanie!