Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Per Request: Video of secret Mormon ceremony inside temple

Per Request: Video of secret Mormon ceremony inside temple

If I am posting this in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.

There are other videos on that youtube channel that go into more depth about what goes on in there.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I'm sorry, but that shit is NUTS.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Wow. Thanks so much. Very, very interesting and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    That was my first impression too.

Look at their prayer circle:

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    All religions are crazy.

Some just have more followers, or have been around longer, but they're just as crazy!
    Wait... Buddhism isn't too nutty.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Cool

I am always intriqued at religious rituals.

With most religions, though, you can pretty much find out what you want about them. You can sit in one of their services and observe. With these LDS rituals, you cannot even go into a temple unless you are LDS and approved by a higher up. I have a friend who wasn't allowed to go to her sister's wedding because she is not LDS and it really bothered her.

Also, from what I have read, they don't talk about what goes on in the temple. Not even with each other. If I am recalling correctly, the first time a person goes into one of these ceremonies is when they are getting ready to leave on a mission or getting married. Beforehand, they don't really know what to expect.

How can someone go into a ceremony like that, having no idea what is going to happen, and not get a little freaked out? I'd probably go running for the berms.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    With most religions, though, you can pretty much find out what you want about them. You can sit in one of their services and observe. With these LDS rituals, you cannot even go into a temple unless you are LDS and approved by a higher up. I have a friend who wasn't allowed to go to her sister's wedding because she is not LDS and it really bothered her.

Also, from what I have read, they don't talk about what goes on in the temple. Not even with each other. If I am recalling correctly, the first time a person goes into one of these ceremonies is when they are getting ready to leave on a mission or getting married. Beforehand, they don't really know what to expect.

How can someone go into a ceremony like that, having no idea what is going to happen, and not get a little freaked out? I'd probably go running for the berms.
    OK, point taken...they're extra scary. HOLY SHIT!

And the Blacks weren't allowed until 1978 or so? Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

My mother attempted LDS for my dad back in the day. She went maybe twice and they called her until I was 17 or 18. Stating that makes me realize, shit my dad was Mormon. Which means his family was probably Mormon. Which means I have Mormon blood running through me..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Wow. I work in a small cable company and the LDS always send us short 'commercials' to use for our programming. They are always really feel great commercials too, about sharing, caring etc.

I'm NEVER going to use another one after seeing those videos!!

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

I teach as part of a Coming of Age program and we are visiting different houses of worship. We have done the black Baptist church experience and this week we are visiting the Quakers. But the kids really want to know about mormonism. I am strugglign with how to handle this because we can't visit, but I am also shakey about inviting a LDS to come speak to them. They also want to visit the Scientologists, but that is not happening.

Anyway, maybe I will just share this video.

Mormonism is nothing but so called christians riding on the label of being christian like. My parents brought me and my sister up in that religion. Im used to it but i totally got away from it when i hit 18.

My parents were 'sealed' in that same temple that is shown in those vids up there. The rules to go there are absolutely crazy and the people really buy into it and its because imo, mormons are rally big on being kind and helping others so why would any member question it?
    The baptism for the dead thing...yeah, it's not like little kids. It's the young women and young mens groups. Ive told it here before but I got baptised for the dead and it was over a 100 times and then they took me in another room and said stuff that i dont really remember.

The members also have to volunteer to clean the temple but of course its a little more secretive again.

My mom was a relief society for the women and my dad was in the mecheznic (sp?) priesthood. Only certain men were allowed in this one room at the regular church and i remember there was this huge oval table and i just remember peeking in there on time and seeing them talk. All the ages were seperated.

I think it was either the first sunday or last sunday of the month but it was a 'fast sunday'. We werent supposed to eat, drink, watch tv, etc. It was a day for only praying and being with family. But on fast sundays, that was the day that during church services and after sacrament, people would bare their testimonies.
    The testimonies were so odd to me. Every single time somoene went up to the front of the church and stood at the podium, the first words out of their mouth was ALWAYS 'My name is so and so and I KNOW THIS CHURCH IS TRUE. Even little ones were conditioned to do this.
    Family home evenings were supposed to be every tuesday......nothing but our family and being together.

We had 'visiting home teachers' that would come out and visit. My mom was paired up with another woman and they would go visit other women in the church.

It was also a rule to help the missionaries that came to our church. The missionaries would come from all over the place. Memebers are supposed to invite them to dinner, lunch, whatever. The missionaries had really strict rules too.
    Oh and girls HAD to wear dresses and men had to wear dress shirts and ties.

I have a childhood friend who is Morman. I can't see her doing all this shit, but she must because she's very devout. Thanks for sharing Chopstix!

They arent supposed to discuss that stuff. Even the garments are a very private thing.

i would tell anyone that is interested that if there is a temple being built near you or whatever, they always have like an 'open house' type of day. People of all religions can actually tour the temple before it's closed to only select people.

Besides all the weird stuff, the temples are amazingly beautiful. There is marble everywhere. The baptismal fonts that are held up by the oxen are gorgeous. i know a lot of the older members, retired people that go and help when there is a new temple built.

Ive got to look but there are some really interesting facts about the temples and how some of them were built. I thinkt he statues of Moroni, who i affectionatley refer to as 'that macaroni guy' are suppossedly made of gold. Im not sure if thats true or not but every temple has one.

The mormom tabernachle is stunning!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwW_sN_KDDk

Okay. Haven't seen the videos... I need to reply yo this thread in the AM with a book, because I don't have personal stories of being in... But have personal stories of trying to be recruited by my in laws... It's amazing to me how judgmental they can be and turn around and claim to be so 'Christ-like'

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    My mother attempted LDS for my dad back in the day. She went maybe twice and they called her until I was 17 or 18. Stating that makes me realize, shit my dad was Mormon. Which means his family was probably Mormon. Which means I have Mormon blood running through me..

Have you considered a complete blood transfusion, to remove the Mormon blood? I researched Mormon's when Josh Powell murdered his boys. It was an education.

I grew up with a family of Jehovah's Witnesses. They are total freaks. I'm apostate in their eyes. Just glad to have escaped the cult.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

The thing about mormons is that they are generally very kind and very nice. They really do take care of their own members and if you havent been active in awhile, they will come by like every week and check to see how you are doing and offer any kind of help. If you have been baptised in that church, they do more.

I hadnt been active in years when they started in on me when i moved back to my hometown. i would let them come in and we would visit but i would make it clear i wasnt interested in going back.
    Thennnnn it got to where it was constant! One lady showed up with a man and told me that they wished to visit with me. I told them no, in the nicest possible way and i didnt want to be apart of that church anymore. They told me that in order for them to stop coming, i would have to write to my bishop and then he would hve to approve me leaving the church because i had church records.
    THAT pissed me off and thats when i got hoodrat and was not very nice about it. Fuck your records, fuck your bishop and fuck you for acting as tho your church owns my soul.

I was so angry and infuriated, they never ever showed up to my house again.

I use to live in a four until building and one of the units were for LDS missionary boys. They never bothered me. I even asked if they wanted to grill out onetime and they politely declined. Something about crazy schedules or something. After I thought about it, it probably had something to do with my vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I use to live in a four until building and one of the units were for LDS missionary boys. They never bothered me. I even asked if they wanted to grill out onetime and they politely declined. Something about crazy schedules or something. After I thought about it, it probably had something to do with my vagina.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Lady View Post

I probably shouldn't have flashed them.

This reminds me of freemason rituals. I did a lot of studying freemasonry a few years back. Seems to be a lot of similarities. Interesting something like 33 of our presidents were freedmasons.

Quote Originally Posted by blu View Post
    This reminds me of freemason rituals. I did a lot of studying freemasonry a few years back. Seems to be a lot of similarities. Interesting something like 33 of our presidents were freedmasons.
    Yeah, the video says Johns Smith and his brother were Freemasons and a lot of the rituals are based on it. I find it interesting as well.

Yeah, something about the secret handshake thing. When the men shake hands, one finger goes purposely over the center of the palm to signify the nail in jesus' hands.

The missionaries are soooooo dedicated. They cant watch tv, listen to the radio, internet, have a cell phone, and they can only call home like 3 times a year. Their famillies pay for them to be on missions.

If they do have a car, they have crazy rules like even if they happen to be parked in wal mart and they are backing out, one of them is supposed to get out and stand close to the back of the car to make sure no one hits them or they hit someone else.

I feel like im taking up this thread but shit, i just remember so many weird things from back then. When i had read about the temple weddings and when a couple is sealed in the temple, the man and woman are both given secret names so that they could identify each other in the after life. i always wanted to ask my mom what her secret name was but i never had the balls to because i knew she wouldnt have told me no matter what.

You aren't taking up the thread! The thread was created to discuss this, so have at it! You are providing info that people (such as myself) are unaware of. Thanks for sharing so much with us!

Thread Information