Thread: Mail carrier steps over dead man Dale Porch (46), mistaking him for a Halloween decoration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mail carrier steps over dead man Dale Porch (46), mistaking him for a Halloween decoration

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.
    This unofficial postal motto doesn't say anything about a dead body. Still, a Denver woman is upset, claiming her longtime mailman failed to notice her husband had died on their doorstep.

"I hurt and I'm so angry," widow Hedy Porch told CBS Denver. "I'm angry because he stepped over my husband and put the mail in the mailbox."

The body of Dale Porch was found by his son last Friday outside his home. He'd just been dropped off at home by a coworker after working the nightshift when he collapsed and died before entering the house, CBS Denver reported.

"So in between 9 a.m. and noon when they found him, the mailman came, left the mail and just went on his merry way," Dale Porch's sister-in-law, Kimberly Cordova, said.

A spokesperson for the Denver Post Office says the mail carrier is extremely distraught and thought the body was part of a leftover Halloween display at the house.

"We do know the carrier delivered mail to the house that day, and he remembered seeing something he thought was related to Halloween," the post office said in a statement. "We know this carrier to be a conscientious and dedicated employee. He is someone who would certainly help a customer if he knew they were in need."

The coroner is still determining a cause of death. The carrier has since been moved to a different route.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...eased-husband/

Last edited by Olivia; 11-13-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Thread Information