Thread: Leisl Smith - missing since 19 August 2012

Leisl Smith - missing since 19 August 2012

http://www.facebook.com/leisl.smith.9

Leisl Smith had been looking forward to the birth of a foal in late August.

But since August 19, the 23-year-old animal lover has been missing from her Wallarah home on the central coast.

Three months after she was last seen leaving her home in her Honda Accord about 1pm, police said they were continuing their investigation into her "suspicious disappearance" and have appealed for help from the public.

?Leisl is an animal lover and her horse gave birth to a foal in late August. She was very excited about the impending birth and the fact that she missed the event is worrying," Detective Inspector Dave Waddell of Tuggerah Lakes Local Area Command said.

Advertisement "Leisl's disappearance is very much out of character and police and her loved ones are extremely concerned for her welfare."

Police said Ms Smith's family called them after she failed to return home.

Ms Smith, who was described as a thin woman of Caucasian appearance with brown eyes and dyed blonde hair, has not used her mobile phone or accessed her bank accounts, police said.

Her Honda was found at Tuggerah railway station car park one week after she was last seen and police were forensically examined it.

Investigators believe she may have travelled to the Hunter or Tamworth and Armidale areas.

Detectives from Tuggerah Lakes formed Strike Force WEHL and appealed for anyone with information to phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

?We are keen to hear from anyone who might have seen or heard from Leisl in the last few months. In particular, if anyone in the Hunter or Tamworth/Armidale areas has seen Leisl or a woman matching her description, we'd ask them to come forward,? Detective Inspector Waddell said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/out-of-cha...#ixzz2C4FZdrEn

Police believe that a woman who disappeared from a central coast train station last year has been murdered and detectives are excavating a number of properties in the search for her body.

Leisl Smith was last captured on CCTV camera parking her car at Tuggerah railway station on August 19.

The 23-year-old from Wallarah was shown in the footage locking her Honda Accord before walking away from the station and not boarding a train. She never returned home.

Until now, police had held out hopes that Ms Smith would turn up alive. But Detective Inspector Chris Wellfare, Acting Tuggerah Lakes Crime Manager, said investigators now were treating her disappearance as a homicide.

“Leisl has now been missing for more than eight months and detectives no longer hold out hope of finding her alive,” he said.

“We’ve been keeping in close contact with Leisl’s family and have informed them we’re now treating her disappearance as a homicide investigation.

“They’ve obviously been left devastated and heartbroken by Leisl’s disappearance.

“We continue to do everything we can to find out what happened to Leisl and give them the closure they need.”

Detectives have established Strike Force Wehl to investigate Ms Smith’s disappearance and presumed death.

Earlier this month, detectives spoke with a 42-year-old man before searching two properties at Wallarah and Brookfield.

One of those properties was in the same street where Ms Smith had been living with her father, Storm Smith.

Detectives have since searched several properties bordering the Golden Highway at Merriwa, about 60 kilometres west of Scone in the upper Hunter Valley.

The search involved cadaver and firearms-detection dogs, police divers, mounted police and officers from the public order and riot squad.

On a Facebook page set up to find Ms Smith, her parents last week appealed to their daughter to contact them.

“Leisl, where ever you are, please, in some way, ANY way, let someone, family, crime-stoppers, friends, a total stranger, just let them know that you are ok,” the message said.

“Leaving aside all family hiccups, we all as an entire family, mom, dad, sisters, brother, grandmother and all further family and all your friends, [are] frantic with worry. All we need to know is that you are OK.”

Fairfax Media revealed in February that, two days after Ms Smith was last seen alive, her father received a mysterious text message from her mobile phone.

It read: “F— you. I can’t do this and I’m not going to keep your secret any more.”
    Storm Smith, who is close to his daughter, said he had no idea what she could have been talking about. He immediately called her but her phone had already been switched off. The next day he received another text message, again sent from his daughter’s mobile number.

“I’m really sorry dad. Please don’t be angry,” it read. He has not received any messages from the phone since.

Mr Smith said he knew something had gone astray when he received the text messages.

http://ninthfact.com/news/australia/...ed-say-police/

Wow, those text messages her father got were creepy. Wonder if whoever took her or whatever, was trying to pin something on the father. Or maybe the father had done something to her in the past. Doesn't make any sense, but the texts caught my attention when reading the article.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

This is very local for my brother & his teenage daughter. I missed it completely

A search with sniffer dogs & police divers took place 30th May
    http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/...-1226653753250

According to this article the search will be focused on the property of a "person of interest", located on Old Maitland Rd, Kangy Angy.

http://www.skynews.com.au/local/article.aspx?id=876016
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-01-2013 at 07:52 PM.

A MAN questioned by police over the disappearance of missing Central Coast woman Leisl Smith has been found shot at his rural property.

Jim Church, 43, was found by paramedics at his Wallarah property with a gun shot wound to his stomach at 11.20pm on Tuesday.

He was taken to hospital with minor injuries and in a stable condition and was released late on Wednesday.
    Detectives were speaking to Mr Church on Wednesday afternoon over the apparent shooting but refused to elaborate on any motive or reason. Mr Church was interviewed by detectives in April over the disappearance of Ms Smith, who was last seen alive on August 19, 2012 when she left her home at Wallarah on the central coast.

His Wallarah property, and four others linked to him, have been searched by cadaver dogs and police as part of the investigation into what happened to the 23-year-old.

No charges have been laid against Mr Church, or anyone else, over Leisl's disappearance.

Security footage show's Ms Smith at Tuggerah train station at around 1pm on the day she vanished. She got out of her Honda Accord, locked it, and then walked away from the station but did not board a train.

Police are treating Leisl's disappearance as a homicide, as there has been no confirmed sightings and her bank accounts have not been touched in the year since she vanished.

They are also investigating if she was pregnant at the time she went missing. Fairfax Media revealed in February that two days after Ms Smith was last seen alive, her father Storm Smith had received a mysterious text message from her mobile phone.

It read: ''F--- you. I can't do this and I'm not going to keep your secret any more.''

Storm Smith, who is close to his daughter, said he had no idea what she could have been talking about.

He immediately called her but her phone had already been switched off.

The next day he received another text message, again sent from his daughter's mobile number: ''I'm really sorry dad. Please don't be angry,'' it read.

He has not received any messages from the phone since.http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/man-question...821-2sbde.html

This guy was also a person of interest and has wound up dead https://m.facebook.com/nswpoliceforc...061185/?type=1
    .....still no Leisl
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 11-11-2015 at 12:08 AM.

Detectives said CCTV footage from Sunday, August 19 2012, captured Leisl parking her Honda Accord about 2pm and walking back down Bryant Dr where she approached a white utility with silver tool boxes in the back which was parked at the side of the road.

When Leisl got into the vehicle the driver did a U-turn and drove out of sight. She has not been seen since.

The owner of the vehicle is known to police and has been identified as a person of interest during the ongoing investigation.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/newsl...-1226700461329

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...b3fa034d6cdbc1

OCTOBER 19, 20186:43AM
    MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER OF LEISL SMITH

A MAN has been charged with the murder of NSW woman Leisl Smith six years after she disappeared.

Ms Smith, then 23, was last seen leaving her Wallarah home on the state?s Central Coast on August 19, 2012. She may have been pregnant at the time.

Police searched extensively but failed to find any trace of her although more than a month after she vanished, her Honda Accord was found abandoned at Tuggerah railway station.

In April 2013, detectives spoke to a then 42-year-old man before searching two properties 80 kilometres apart in Wallarah and Brookfield and seized several items. More properties were scoured bordering the Golden Highway at Merriwa in the far west of the Hunter region.

After ongoing investigations, a 48-year-old man was arrested on Thursday on the Gwydir Highway, west of Inverell, in northern NSW.

The Daily Telegraph reported the arrested man was Jim Church who has been a person of interest in Ms Smith?s disappearance since 2013 when he was first questioned by detectives.

Security footage from Tuggerah train station revealed she arrived there around 1pm on August 19, 2012, got out of her car, locked it and then walked away from the station without boarding a train.

The footage also reportedly showed her getting into a white ute before it was driven away.

Two days after Ms Smith was last seen, her father Storm Smith received a text message from her mobile phone which read: ?F... you. I can?t do this and I?m not going to keep your secret any more?, according to the Telegraph.

He immediately called her back but her phone was switched off.

He received another text the following day from her number which read ?I?m really sorry dad. Please don?t be angry?, but has not received any further messages.

Mr Church will appear in Inverell Local Court tomorrow.

Thread Information