Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Teen Killed after striking overpass after Sticking head through Party Bus roof.

Teen Killed after striking overpass after Sticking head through Party Bus roof.

The shame of this story is that the media is attempting to make it sound like the kids were "unsupervised" but actually he was told not to open the emergency hatch a few times. What else can you do with kids if they dont listen.

Its unfortunate that this happened, especially that there is no overpass for the next 10 or so miles after this overpass that he struck. So if he would have just waited to do this for a few mins, he would have been fine.

I also feel bad for the girl whose sweet 16 it was. Not only is She is always going to remember that this happened on her birthday, but so are all 64 over teens on that bus.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1149404

A St. Francis Prep student was killed when his head hit an overpass as he clowned around on a New Jersey-bound party bus and popped out of a hatch in the roof near the George Washington Bridge Friday night, authorities said.

Daniel Fernandez, 16, an incoming junior at the Queens Catholic school, Daniel Fernandez, 16,died at Hackensack University Medical Center from severe head trauma shortly after the 6:45 p.m. incident, law enforcement sources said.

Sixty-five teens boarded the double-decker bus in at the school in Fresh Meadows and had reached Fort Lee, N.J., on their way to a Sweet 16 party when the accident occurred, police said.

?When the bus went under the Fletcher Ave. overpass, the boy?s head struck the underside of that overpass,? a Port Authority spokesman said.

The security guard on the bus said he warned the exuberant teens to leave the rooftop hatch alone.

?I told them not to open the hatch, like three or four times, but kids, they don't understand,? said Alex Franco, 41, who was the security guard on the bus.

After warning them to keep away, Franco said he headed downstairs to tell the driver that it was getting too hot in the bus.

?It was very hot. Everybody was dancing. Two, five minutes I was downstairs,? Franco explained.

?Then I heard two guys screaming, ?Oh my God, oh my God,?? and he ran upstairs.

?I saw him on the floor. His face was like, no teeth. I said, ?Who is this guy???

In the pandemonium, Franco said he tried to move the other teens downstairs as the bus came to a halt.

Leon McKiver, an emergency medical technician, was passing the scene and stopped to help. ?I?m still traumatized that this happened and especially that this happened to a young kid,? McKiver told NBC4.

Asked if the kids were consuming alcohol, Franco said, ?If they drink, I don?t know.? He insisted that the passengers were checked for booze before they boarded, and that no alcohol was served on the bus.

No other passengers suffered any physical injury. All were transported to a Port Authority administration building nearby, where they were questioned and released to their parents.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz25E4Sdg57

ALSO, the media is being really tasteless with their descriptions: GWB head crack?
    this morning: Daniel Fernandez comes FACE to FACE with Fort Lee overpass.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    What a fucking dummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Ughughughugh.

His parents better not get a fucking dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    His parents better not get a fucking dime.

unfortunately - i agree with you - i only say that because i swear the media wants to blame someone. but honestly - this was purely his fault.

i cant help but think if he JUST WAITED TO STICK HIS HEAD OUT JUST A FEW MINUTES!!! i mean, if he HAD to stick his head out... there is NO overpass after that overpass for MILES, like 10 or 11 miles.
    Maybe its because I work with kids his age, but i have a soft spot for this story - ONE moment, one little moment in his life cost him his life. i have had my friends stick their heads out of sunroofs numerous times without incident, its stupid, but not known to be deadly - yes, he was on a bus, but he was a kid, i just feel bad, because there are much worse things the kid could have been doing besides partying on a bus for a sweet 16.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    unfortunately - i agree with you - i only say that because i swear the media wants to blame someone. but honestly - this was purely his fault.

i cant help but think if he JUST WAITED TO STICK HIS HEAD OUT JUST A FEW MINUTES!!! i mean, if he HAD to stick his head out... there is NO overpass after that overpass for MILES, like 10 or 11 miles.
    Maybe its because I work with kids his age, but i have a soft spot for this story - ONE moment, one little moment in his life cost him his life. i have had my friends stick their heads out of sunroofs numerous times without incident, its stupid, but not known to be deadly - yes, he was on a bus, but he was a kid, i just feel bad, because there are much worse things the kid could have been doing besides partying on a bus for a sweet 16.
    Yea, instead you have 1 dead dumbass and a busload of traumatized kids. Yay.

Just so stupid, and sooo preventable. And it's not like no one was watching them. He was told SEVERAL times to stop. Ugh.

its so heartbreaking.

i read another story that pulled tweets from his friends on the bus and talked about how kids were covered in blood. :(

rest in peace, kid.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. Just thinking about that makes me want to hurl. "Don't open the hatch" means just that.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Yeah, just wait. There is gonna be a lawsuit.

wow he was from my neighborhood. literally half my age but still. stories like this turn into urban legends. thousands of kids in the queens catholic school circuit will have this as the top gossip story next week as school starts freaking each other out about the details of a decapitated body inside the bus.

i really do feel bad for the rest of the passengers, whoever said it here nailed it, traumatized indeed. for life.

Quote Originally Posted by whackjob View Post
    i read another story that pulled tweets from his friends on the bus and talked about how kids were covered in blood. :(

rest in peace, kid.
    pretty much how it works around here. Queens is pretty tight knit. There are a handful of catholic schools that compete in athletics. with that, the gossip flies, and im speaking from before the twitter days. this kid is in the same grade as a family friend's kid. she is in gossip land creeeped out.
    im trying to think of something that happened around here that can compare to the terror, and all those young witnesses. I don't think anything comes close to this.

the tweets are just the kids bugging out and a LOT of therapy is going to be needed for this one. it really is sad and an awful way for the rest of them to learn lessons about rules.

I saw him, he was like no teeth...

I know this is sad, but that quote is pretty funny.

The family will get money from the insurance company and will very likely get an attorney. They will make a lot. Insurance does cover stupidity

Teen bus tragedy played out on Twitter

His final hours and gruesome death played out on Twitter.

Daniel Fernandez and his teen pals tweeted up a storm before and after he was killed by a highway overpass when he poked his head out a top hatch of a double-decker party bus on the New Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge.

The story came out in the surreal style of the digital era: in messages of no more than 140 characters.

The crowd of 65, including many from a Queens Catholic high school, was gearing up for a wild Friday night, tweeting about getting “sauced” at a friend’s Sweet 16 party at a catering hall in Garfield, NJ.

Hours before, Fernandez, 16, about to begin his junior year at St. Francis Prep in Fresh Meadows, asked a pal over Twitter: “Are they checking on the bus??”

“Yeah be careful brooooski,” she warned back to Fernandez, whose handle was DanMotherf--ker.

Friends posted pictures of party girls in blue dresses. One kid bragged, “The amount of bottles on this limo is rediculous.”

When tragedy struck at about 6:45 p.m., classmates tweeted their panic — and their friends responded in disbelief.

“Did something happen to Dan or are you all being d--ks,” his friend Tay said.

“Please pray for him,” said a pal, Vicky, via her handle @VBudz. “This isn’t a joke.”

Vicky, heartbroken, later tweeted: “Sitting here with your blood on my foot wishing this was all a bad dream. I love you so much dan you were there for me till the last second.”

When Fernandez was removed from the bus, his best friend, Stephen Gagliardo — who was also celebrating his birthday — pleaded: “The best birthday present would be for my best friend Dan to be good. I love you kid stay strong.”

Another worried pal, Kayla, tweeted, “Nobody listen to the news they’re lying scumbags,” after radio and TV reported Fernandez was dead.

They even tweeted as they were being questioned by police.

“I don’t wanna be in this cop car, I just wanna go home and everything to be okay,” said Maria Sefcik. “Please god I’m begging.”

Bobby Perretti said, “Just hoping for that one tweet or text with good news, this isnt fair.”

Stephen Dierks couldn’t get the grisly scene from his mind. “Everytime I close my eyes i think of what happened and what i saw tonight #notsleeping,” he tweeted.

Fernandez’s girlfriend, Alexa, tweeted, “I guess us kissing tonight was goodbye??”

Yesterday, a Facebook page called “RIP Dan Fernandez” had about 2,000 followers. St. Francis students held a candlelight vigil at the school last night.

“This is why no other school compares to prep, we stick together through thick and thin,” tweeted Daniel. “I’m so proud to call myself an sfp terrier.”

“Please everyone try to wear blue, his fav color,” Alexa wrote.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/l..._content=Local

http://www.facebook.com/groups/459979684042395/

I think that girl on the right looks like TFD

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyyyMan View Post
    I think that girl on the right looks like TFD
    i thought the exact same thing. lol.

and seriously, what a fucking dumbass. what was so fucking cool about opening the hatch? was that supposed to make him a badass or something? all it made him was stupid and dead. *zomg, i'm so awesome....i'm not listening to the security guard, bitches love dudes who don't listen to security guards, this is gonna be coo...SMACK.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

with all of those kids there with cellphones and cameras, i'm surprised no pics of the aftermath were posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

not for nothing but if 60+ 16-ish year olds were drinking alcohol on a party bus and if that kid was one of them, a lawsuit will be granted. that is a recipe for disaster. a serious and very valid law was broken by an adult first. it is what it is.

i dunno but... i am reminded of that aruba story with natalee holloway. parents just tossed a bunch of teens on an island for a week as if it were safe like disneyland-- meanwhile sex drugs and alcohol were mixed in that recipe as well and it led to its' own tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    with all of those kids there with cellphones and cameras, i'm surprised no pics of the aftermath were posted.
    came from somewhere

he wasn't decapitated. i guess that's good news bc i was imagining a body dropped down from the hatch without a head with blood pulsating from the neck.
    media sux.

just in case the image didn't go through: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/d56z9

whoa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I don't think that's him. I think it's probably some random gore picture and then his face up in the corner. Because absolutely nobody could see that and be like "hope you pull through buddy" or the stuff they were saying. Plus the guy in the picture looks like he has a real thin mustache.

i dont think thats him because he looks like he's on concrete and he fell in the bus. and i dont think there will be pictures because the news made it sound like the kids were traumatized as fuck.

also, from what it sounded like, i dont think they were drinking either. All the kids were taken from the bus to the port authority police department, questioned and then released to their parents. The bus company had stated that they checked the kids for alcohol and monitored them for any signs of drinking - i mean of course that may mean nothing, because kids will be kids and find the next best way to sneak alcohol.. but from how the news made it sound, they werent drinking.

but of course, 65 high schoolers, in my head, i feel like SOMEONE was drinking.

Thread Information