Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Husband, high on bath salts, cuts fetus from wife

Julie, if you come back, thanks for sharing.
    I can't imagine the horror of seeing a thing like that, and I hope you sleep well at night knowing you probably helped to save her life. Respect.

julie, i'm sorry that i misread the article. i'm studying nursing myself so i guess it stuck out to me and i ran with it. my sincere apologies. i'm can't imagine such a scene. your neighbor is lucky she had you close by. i'm sure she will forever be grateful.

Hey, for the record, I wasn't offended. I just saw the conversation take an erroneous turn and wanted to clarify. In any case, especially in the er, you have easy access to pretty much whatever it is u want and you're not far off, there is a lot of addiction in nursing. My neighbor is improving steadily so I am told, and has been downgraded out of icu. Good news there.

Thanks for the update, Julie!
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Collins View Post
    Hey, for the record, I wasn't offended. I just saw the conversation take an erroneous turn and wanted to clarify. In any case, especially in the er, you have easy access to pretty much whatever it is u want and you're not far off, there is a lot of addiction in nursing. My neighbor is improving steadily so I am told, and has been downgraded out of icu. Good news there.
    Glad to hear the neighbor is (physically) recovering. How are you doing? Thank goodness you were close by to help your neighbor. Although, I am sure it has put you through the ringer. Thank you for pointing out our reading comprehension fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Interesting email -

Hi. My name is Julie Collins, the nurse mentioned in this story. I am not complaining, just informing since I am unable to figure out how to post on here. I am the victim's next door neighbor who went over to help and was shocked at what I faced. Paramedics and I may have saved her life, as the last report I got was that she was alive and communicating verbally and on paper. However, someone on this thread misread the article as if I were the victim, wife of the perpetrator, on bath salts or all three. What I was that day was simply a sober medical professional who offered to help in a critical situation. It was a traumatic day for me as well as a day I am proud of, given Paula's seemingly good prognosis. Furthermore, paula, the victim, was NOT a drug addict, but one of the sweetest and most upstanding citizens i have ever met. Jeff is a huge man and paula a little thing and was nearly mortally wounded by he time he took the baby. Please set the record straight. Thank you.
    How horrible. What is it about bath salts that people hear these horror stories, but they still want to try them? It's nice that Julie took the time to correct the misconceptions. I'm sure she will have nightmares about this for a long time.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

I keep wondering the same thing... how in the heck does anyone even choose to try bath salts when by now there are enough stories out there that I'm pretty sure at least 99% of the population knows what it will do to you... and your innocent victims! No high is worth hurting/killing others and giving up life for a jail cell. I just don't get it. RIP to every single victim of the bath salt epidemic :(

Not that this is a good excuse, but people want to get high and they will try whatever does just that. If the bad effects stopped people there would be less meth and heroin junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

It sounds like in the end it may be synthetic marijuana which, in my experience treating both kinds of patients, are virtually identical symptom-wise. I have had a few nightmares, but the general theme is knowing what to do, asking for it and having time stand still while you wait for it. I would very much like to see her in recovery to erase my last image of her but have met resistance for what reason I do not know. Tks for the concern tho. I'm fine. Simply did my job, albeit in a different venue. Hoping she continues to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Collins View Post
    It sounds like in the end it may be synthetic marijuana which, in my experience treating both kinds of patients, are virtually identical symptom-wise. I have had a few nightmares, but the general theme is knowing what to do, asking for it and having time stand still while you wait for it. I would very much like to see her in recovery to erase my last image of her but have met resistance for what reason I do not know. Tks for the concern tho. I'm fine. Simply did my job, albeit in a different venue. Hoping she continues to improve.
    I can certainly relate to this. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. You did do your job, but this is someone much closer to you. I freak out when it is someone I know and/or love. I literally will not look. My dad fell off a ladder a couple months ago. I came in the house and he was yelling. BEFORE I entered the room, I asked him if he had any bones poking out. I needed to prep myself before entering. He didn't and only had a small gash on his head. You are more woman than I and you undoubtedly saved her life! Hopefully she will accept therapy in the future. I am sure she is going through more than we all can imagine, right now. Maybe she hasn't accepted the situation?
    Anyway, I'm glad you continue to do well. I hope you stop in and give us any updates and with you as well!

Paula released from hospital! Nearly miraculous. Will be interested in the court proceedings.

That is great to hear! Do you know when he goes to trial?

That's great news! Thanks for the updated, Julie.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

I don't know. I haven't received anything yet. I think depositions are starting the beginning of the year. Not sure whether or not I'll be called.

Hi Julie! Thank you for coming back and providing us with updates. I hope you are doing well!

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Just wanted to thank Julie for clearing things up as well as giving us updates on Paula's condition. It's always nice to have first hand info!

What a complete horror story. Glad to hear that Paula is on the mend, thanks for sharing Julie.

I hope that the police roughed him up a bit and that is where he got the black eye from.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Insane.

Hope Julie comes back with updates!

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    Pregnant woman stabbed; fetus killed

''WALKER ? Deputies arrested a man after he allegedly cut a fetus from his 28-year-old pregnant wife?s abdomen, Livingston Parish authorities confirmed Tuesday afternoon.

The unborn child died, but hospital personnel stabilized the woman?s condition, Sheriff Jason Ard said.

Neighbor Julie Collins, who is an emergency room nurse, said she and paramedics aided the woman at the scene, where she heard the victim?s husband say he had ingested bath salts.

Bath salts a type of synthetic drugs banned a year ago by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

The effects of bath salts on users may resemble those of LSD, cocaine and methamphetamines, according to reports.

Ard said that while using bath salts may cause erratic behavior, drug testing would have to determine what might have been in the system of suspect Jeffery Reynolds when he attacked his pregnant wife.

Collins said Reynolds is normally a nice man, but he was ?howling like a wolf,? after law enforcement officers restrained him.

She said the fetus appeared to have been stabbed in the head.

Ard said the cause of death has not been determined and he could not say whether the fetus had been stabbed.

That will be determined by an autopsy, the sheriff said.

?In my 20 years (of law enforcement), I have never seen anything more gruesome,? Ard said.

He said deputies took Reynolds, 31, of 30259 Milton Road, into custody and obtained warrants alleging he committed feticide and attempted second-degree murder.

Deputies transported Reynolds to a hospital, where he was being tested for drugs, Ard said.

After the tests, Reynolds would be booked at the Livingston Parish Detention Center, Sheriff?s Office, spokeswoman Lori Steele said.

Collins said she had never seen any evidence of abusive behavior or drug use by Reynolds in the past.

She said Reynolds, an electrician, had fixed things for her family without charge and had even fed her children meals on occasion.

?They?ve been wonderful neighbors,? Collins said of the couple. ?I?ve never even heard them fight.?

The victim, Paula Reynolds, ?is the nicest woman you have ever met,? Collins said.

Collins said Paula Reynolds? greatest concern as she was being given first-aid in her home Tuesday was that her 6-year-old son would not get off his school bus and see her with the stab wounds.

A relative picked up the boy at school, authorities said.

The school bus later drove past the Reynolds? two-story home, which is surrounded by trees, without stopping.

Neighbors said Jeffery Reynolds put the boy on the school bus Tuesday morning.

Neighbor Tim Teal said the Reynoldses had been friendly, but they never ?get in anybody else?s business.?

Walker police went to the scene in response to a 911 call, which initially was classified as a medical emergency, but officers found they had to subdue the suspect, Ard said,

It took several officers to restrain and ?strap down? Jeffery Reynolds, Ard said.

The Sheriff?s Office took over the case from the Walker Police Department once it was determined that the Reynolds residence is outside of Walker?s city limits.

Officials with the Sheriff?s Office said they didn?t immediately know who made the 911 call.''

http://theadvocate.com/home/4225069-...bbed-in-walker

Fetus in criminal investigation mistakenly cremated

''LIVINGSTON- A fetus was mistakenly cremated before an autopsy was performed and multiple agencies are investigating.

"Without our knowledge or authorization, a funeral home employee mistakenly removed and cremated the Reynolds fetus prior to autopsy," said Dr. Ronald Coe, the Livingston Parish Coroner.

The parish does not have its own morgue, and relies on a funeral home for morgue services.

Deputies, State Police, and the Coroner's Office are investigating what went wrong.

The fetus was cut from its mother earlier this week. Jeffrey Reynolds faces charges for that, and also for slitting his wife's throat in the attack.

Deputies said he also cut her stomach to remove the baby.
    The mom, Paula Reynolds, is in critical condition at an area hospital.

Jeffrey Reynolds is charged with feticide and attempted murder.''

http://www.wbrz.com/news/fetus-in-cr...enly-cremated/
    Um..Im..thinking..The..funeral..guy..was..paid..to ..cremate...the..fetus...as..so..the..man..wouldnt ..be..charged.....Such...a..tragic..thing

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

julie, you are awesome! i'm sorry you had to witness this, but what you did for her is amazing. i hope you get a chance to visit her soon. we look forward to your updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Ugh, what goes on in the mind of people who do things like this? I can't even imagine being in their head!

Julie, I hope you are doing well and able to deal with what you saw! So sorry you had to go thru it but at the same time thankful that you were there!

I hope Paula is able to recover from his horrible attack on her and her baby, that is just terrible. I sincerely hope this guy goes away for a very long time.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Ya bath salts scare the shit out of me. I can't imagine being so out of your mind that you do something like this. Terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Revoked Jeffrey's bond today. Sounds like some damned chilling stuff on the 911 call. I read it on the wbrz app. I am fine. Thank you for asking. However, I am exhausted and for whatever reason, I can't sleep more than an hour at a time anymore. Unrelated, but I envy the moral certitude of some. (Not here, but generally). It's so simplistic to call for a lynch mob and pretend all is well. That's like only putting out one mousetrap and leaving food covering the floor. Nobody wins this one no matter the outcome. Not Jeffrey, not Paula, not the child or baby. Not the relatives, the neighbors, the police or paramedics. It's the first time I have felt so viscerally, how far afield the ripples actually go. And the saddest thing is, it's guaranteed to happen again. I understand the limitations of the police, but what are these gas station/convenience store owners thinking??

I wish I had some words of wisdom to share with you. I can't imagine what you are going through. And, you are right, there are many more people who are suffering and will continue to suffer. I hope you focus on yourself right now. I would tell each and everyone of the other people, as well, to focus on themselves. I know it's easier said than done. You have a lot of supporters here if you ever need to vent and/or talk.
    Take care of yourself and know you have people thinking of you.

Thread Information