Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Husband, high on bath salts, cuts fetus from wife

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Husband, high on bath salts, cuts fetus from wife

Pregnant woman stabbed; fetus killed

''WALKER ? Deputies arrested a man after he allegedly cut a fetus from his 28-year-old pregnant wife?s abdomen, Livingston Parish authorities confirmed Tuesday afternoon.

The unborn child died, but hospital personnel stabilized the woman?s condition, Sheriff Jason Ard said.

Neighbor Julie Collins, who is an emergency room nurse, said she and paramedics aided the woman at the scene, where she heard the victim?s husband say he had ingested bath salts.

Bath salts a type of synthetic drugs banned a year ago by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

The effects of bath salts on users may resemble those of LSD, cocaine and methamphetamines, according to reports.

Ard said that while using bath salts may cause erratic behavior, drug testing would have to determine what might have been in the system of suspect Jeffery Reynolds when he attacked his pregnant wife.

Collins said Reynolds is normally a nice man, but he was ?howling like a wolf,? after law enforcement officers restrained him.

She said the fetus appeared to have been stabbed in the head.

Ard said the cause of death has not been determined and he could not say whether the fetus had been stabbed.

That will be determined by an autopsy, the sheriff said.

?In my 20 years (of law enforcement), I have never seen anything more gruesome,? Ard said.

He said deputies took Reynolds, 31, of 30259 Milton Road, into custody and obtained warrants alleging he committed feticide and attempted second-degree murder.

Deputies transported Reynolds to a hospital, where he was being tested for drugs, Ard said.

After the tests, Reynolds would be booked at the Livingston Parish Detention Center, Sheriff?s Office, spokeswoman Lori Steele said.

Collins said she had never seen any evidence of abusive behavior or drug use by Reynolds in the past.

She said Reynolds, an electrician, had fixed things for her family without charge and had even fed her children meals on occasion.

?They?ve been wonderful neighbors,? Collins said of the couple. ?I?ve never even heard them fight.?

The victim, Paula Reynolds, ?is the nicest woman you have ever met,? Collins said.

Collins said Paula Reynolds? greatest concern as she was being given first-aid in her home Tuesday was that her 6-year-old son would not get off his school bus and see her with the stab wounds.

A relative picked up the boy at school, authorities said.

The school bus later drove past the Reynolds? two-story home, which is surrounded by trees, without stopping.

Neighbors said Jeffery Reynolds put the boy on the school bus Tuesday morning.

Neighbor Tim Teal said the Reynoldses had been friendly, but they never ?get in anybody else?s business.?

Walker police went to the scene in response to a 911 call, which initially was classified as a medical emergency, but officers found they had to subdue the suspect, Ard said,

It took several officers to restrain and ?strap down? Jeffery Reynolds, Ard said.

The Sheriff?s Office took over the case from the Walker Police Department once it was determined that the Reynolds residence is outside of Walker?s city limits.

Officials with the Sheriff?s Office said they didn?t immediately know who made the 911 call.''

http://theadvocate.com/home/4225069-...bbed-in-walker

Fetus in criminal investigation mistakenly cremated

''LIVINGSTON- A fetus was mistakenly cremated before an autopsy was performed and multiple agencies are investigating.

"Without our knowledge or authorization, a funeral home employee mistakenly removed and cremated the Reynolds fetus prior to autopsy," said Dr. Ronald Coe, the Livingston Parish Coroner.

The parish does not have its own morgue, and relies on a funeral home for morgue services.

Deputies, State Police, and the Coroner's Office are investigating what went wrong.

The fetus was cut from its mother earlier this week. Jeffrey Reynolds faces charges for that, and also for slitting his wife's throat in the attack.

Deputies said he also cut her stomach to remove the baby.
    The mom, Paula Reynolds, is in critical condition at an area hospital.

Jeffrey Reynolds is charged with feticide and attempted murder.''

http://www.wbrz.com/news/fetus-in-cr...enly-cremated/

That poor woman.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

What the freaking frack?!
    And, boo to the funeral home! Mistakes happen, but this was a fuck up! Dude probably will get off from the baby killing because there is no evidence now.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    And, boo to the funeral home! Mistakes happen, but this was a fuck up! Dude probably will get off from the baby killing because there is no evidence now.
    I know, can you believe that??

this shit is crazy. i don't understand how these things work exactly, but it seems like common sense that the fetus would be evidence.

i also find it fascinating that a nurses husband is using bath salts. i can't help but wonder if she was restrained or something, or if she was also fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    this shit is crazy. i don't understand how these things work exactly, but it seems like common sense that the fetus would be evidence.

i also find it fascinating that a nurses husband is using bath salts. i can't help but wonder if she was restrained or something, or if she was also fucked up.
    I'm sure it happened over paperwork. Someone did fill it out right/completely/missing pages, etc., that' why I created a checklist when I worked in the morgue. We didn't cremate adults, but we cremated the babies. I made damn sure ALL of my paperwork was complete and all t's cross and i's dotted.
    You should check out your states board of nursing. You will find how many nurses lose their license over drug offenses. But, I also want to know if she was restrained. Maybe she was asleep when the attack first took place?

I'm sure it happened over paperwork. Someone did fill it out right/completely/missing pages, etc., that' why I created a checklist when I worked in the morgue. We didn't cremate adults, but we cremated the babies. I made damn sure ALL of my paperwork was complete and all t's cross and i's dotted.
    You should check out your states board of nursing. You will find how many nurses lose their license over drug offenses. But, I also want to know if she was restrained. Maybe she was asleep when the attack first took place?
    she could have been asleep. and i'm sure lots of nurses loose their license over shit, i just imagine it to be more like marijuana offenses and more 'typical' drugs. BATH SALTS? i mean, nothing really surprises me, but bath salts i just can't wrap my head around in any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    she could have been asleep. and i'm sure lots of nurses loose their license over shit, i just imagine it to be more like marijuana offenses and more 'typical' drugs. BATH SALTS? i mean, nothing really surprises me, but bath salts i just can't wrap my head around in any situation.

Well, I agree with you on the nurse using bath salts. I hope she wasn't if she was pregnant. But she could be getting drugs for her husband. Nurses are losing their license over much harder drugs. They have access to almost all drugs. They take their patient's morphine, steal pills, etc. I'm saying all nurses, just the ones that were caught, because there's proof. Over the past, maybe 15-20 years, new systems have been put in place so thefts cannot occur.

I think I've read that somewhere before

Did it say how far along in the pregnancy she was?

Cases like this piss me off because of the implications "killing a fetus" brings up. Can't thwacked out junkies stick to killing those who have already been born?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post

Cases like this piss me off because of the implications "killing a fetus" brings up. Can't thwacked out junkies stick to killing those who have already been born?
    7 months I think. I'll get a link.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Wait, where does it say she's a nurse?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post

Well, it's referring to the baby as a fetus, so it's (I think) less than 22 weeks. In Pathology, it was a surgical specimen at 22 weeks or less and an autopsy at 23 weeks or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post

I just noticed, the neighbor is a nurse. So I guess the wife wasn't getting the hubby and drugs.

But why was the neighbor getting him drugs? I'm kidding

i'm an idiot.

'' A 31-year-old Louisiana man allegedly stabbed his pregnant wife in the stomach and ripped the unborn baby from her womb ? a horrific attack that has investigators trying to determine a motive.

Jeffrey Reynolds, of Walker, was arrested Tuesday on first-degree feticide in the death of the fetus and attempted second-degree murder of his wife, Paula, who was seven-and-a-half months pregnant.

The 28-year-old woman was in critical, but stable condition, authorities said Wednesday.

Deputies with the Livingston Parish Sheriff?s Office found the baby dead inside the couple?s home Tuesday following the incident. It suffered a large laceration wound on its head, according to CBS News.''

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz2BPoxDB64

Thank you! I was so confused. I reread the article over and over trying to find where it said she was a nurse.

He done got fucked up.

Interesting email -

Hi. My name is Julie Collins, the nurse mentioned in this story. I am not complaining, just informing since I am unable to figure out how to post on here. I am the victim's next door neighbor who went over to help and was shocked at what I faced. Paramedics and I may have saved her life, as the last report I got was that she was alive and communicating verbally and on paper. However, someone on this thread misread the article as if I were the victim, wife of the perpetrator, on bath salts or all three. What I was that day was simply a sober medical professional who offered to help in a critical situation. It was a traumatic day for me as well as a day I am proud of, given Paula's seemingly good prognosis. Furthermore, paula, the victim, was NOT a drug addict, but one of the sweetest and most upstanding citizens i have ever met. Jeff is a huge man and paula a little thing and was nearly mortally wounded by he time he took the baby. Please set the record straight. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Interesting email -

Hi. My name is Julie Collins, the nurse mentioned in this story. I am not complaining, just informing since I am unable to figure out how to post on here. I am the victim's next door neighbor who went over to help and was shocked at what I faced. Paramedics and I may have saved her life, as the last report I got was that she was alive and communicating verbally and on paper. However, someone on this thread misread the article as if I were the victim, wife of the perpetrator, on bath salts or all three. What I was that day was simply a sober medical professional who offered to help in a critical situation. It was a traumatic day for me as well as a day I am proud of, given Paula's seemingly good prognosis. Furthermore, paula, the victim, was NOT a drug addict, but one of the sweetest and most upstanding citizens i have ever met. Jeff is a huge man and paula a little thing and was nearly mortally wounded by he time he took the baby. Please set the record straight. Thank you.
    How horrible. What is it about bath salts that people hear these horror stories, but they still want to try them? It's nice that Julie took the time to correct the misconceptions. I'm sure she will have nightmares about this for a long time.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Thank you so much, Olivia. The victim is/was a dedicated at home mother and looking very much forward to the birth of this baby (Isaac). She would never have done anything to intentionally put her baby in peril, especially drugs. Thanks again.

That's a really nice email. I can't imagine what she saw when she walked in that house. I think we figured out the nurse wasn't the wife after a while. I hope she is able to talk about that day openly and doesn't harbor her feelings. Yeah, she opened up a little in the email, but it's easy to do on the internutz.

Julie, if you come back, thanks for sharing.
    I can't imagine the horror of seeing a thing like that, and I hope you sleep well at night knowing you probably helped to save her life. Respect.

julie, i'm sorry that i misread the article. i'm studying nursing myself so i guess it stuck out to me and i ran with it. my sincere apologies. i'm can't imagine such a scene. your neighbor is lucky she had you close by. i'm sure she will forever be grateful.

Hey, for the record, I wasn't offended. I just saw the conversation take an erroneous turn and wanted to clarify. In any case, especially in the er, you have easy access to pretty much whatever it is u want and you're not far off, there is a lot of addiction in nursing. My neighbor is improving steadily so I am told, and has been downgraded out of icu. Good news there.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Collins View Post
    Hey, for the record, I wasn't offended. I just saw the conversation take an erroneous turn and wanted to clarify. In any case, especially in the er, you have easy access to pretty much whatever it is u want and you're not far off, there is a lot of addiction in nursing. My neighbor is improving steadily so I am told, and has been downgraded out of icu. Good news there.
    Glad to hear the neighbor is (physically) recovering. How are you doing? Thank goodness you were close by to help your neighbor. Although, I am sure it has put you through the ringer. Thank you for pointing out our reading comprehension fail.

Thread Information