Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Maddox Derkosh (2) killed by African wild dog pack at Pittsburgh Zoo

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, everybody knocks them until they need one.

Fuck, that's the line people use against cop bashing. What have I become!?!?
    HAHA I had almost typed that I feel about lawyers how some people here feel about cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    it said they can't judge the mother because they did the same thing as her.

that's not the pen the dogs were in.They are looking at sheep or chickens.

dimedropper
    Yes, my guess is she was holding him so his feet were on the railing, which I'm sorry, I have seen parents do that and always thought is seemed stupid as fuck.
    not only that when I went out with my parents at 3 I was on a leash.maybe they don't do that shit any more .

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    I would dive in headfirst and kill those 12 wild dogs with my bare hands. Rawr.

Oh, I also don't see the point in shooting a dog if the kid is good and dead at that point.
    tranquilize dart the dog.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Ex spent over $700 (she knows how I feel so I'll never know the actual amount) on hamster chemo.
    :ahahahahahaha

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    WTF? You need a euthanize a rodent, you put it in a shoebox in the freezer. You need to euthanize quickly, you put it in a sock and introduce it to a wall.

Woo pet store knowledge!
    lol your not dog sitting for me though

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    This is true!
    When I worked at a pet store someone brought in like 5 huge MEANNNN hamsters they didn't want anymore so the owner told me to put them in a clear plastic cricket bag one by one and smack them into the wall.

We do this when people need dead rats for their snakes. Normally it goes fine, no blood or anything. This time though...

The first hamster I put in a bag and smacked it into the wall and all of the sudden it was like the fucking thing exploded!!! Blood filled the bag!!! It was crazy!!! I immediately let the rest of the hamsters go outside in the woods.
    mean hamsters? do they fight hamsters?Is Mike Vick listening?

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I thought snakes liked their mice alive, maybe im wrong. I didnt know they actually did the whole sock to the wall thing, sounds harsh but ive never worked in a pet store to have ever had that kind of experience.

I believe in putting an animal out of its misery tho so im totally pro on that one. I hate to say it and i love my dogs, more chevy than anything, if they got cancer, it would depend on how far progressed it was. Im not into doing the dog chemo or anything. I would put my dog down.
    I used to have a 6 foot long boa and we would go to the store and buy 3 mice a black,white and grey one and my buddies would come over to watch it eat.We had a thing called the rat race and you had to put in 5 bucks and pick the order of colors for the trifecta win.Grown men yelling at a tank ,it was funny to watch and fun

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    I used to have a 6 foot long boa and we would go to the store and buy 3 mice a black,white and grey one and my buddies would come over to watch it eat.We had a thing called the rat race and you had to put in 5 bucks and pick the order of colors for the trifecta win.Grown men yelling at a tank ,it was funny to watch and fun

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Am I the only one surprised they don't have tranquilizers on hand for this type of thing? Typically the sensation of being "hit" will send an animal off, and then the tranq will do it's job...

Sorry, I'm just not in complete agreement with shooting an endangered species dead because a kid fell into their territory. ...which, sorry - is COMPLETELY avoidable. I feel bad for the child who had a naive mother.

This leads to my issues with Zoo's, and how they "Disney-fy" the truth of wild-life and natural danger.

Example: "Hey Timmy, let's go to the zoo today and check out the tigers in their cage through this plexi-glass wall! Oh, he's looking at us? Let's hit the plexi-glass wall to get his attention! Let's say Hi to Mr. Tiger!"

Reality: That tiger is fucking bored, and you just annoyed the shit out of him. Now that 500lb animal wants to rip YOUR ass to shreds, and all that's between you is 3 inches of see-through material.

In any case of (zoo animal vs. human), I will always have the zoo animals "side". They don't ask to be there, and they're only doing what their natural instincts call them to do. We're supposedly the superior being, yet we do some of the most careless shit imaginable. People need to understand consequence and accountability.
    zoo's are animal jail

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Am I the only one surprised they don't have tranquilizers on hand for this type of thing? Typically the sensation of being "hit" will send an animal off, and then the tranq will do it's job...

Sorry, I'm just not in complete agreement with shooting an endangered species dead because a kid fell into their territory. ...which, sorry - is COMPLETELY avoidable. I feel bad for the child who had a naive mother.

This leads to my issues with Zoo's, and how they "Disney-fy" the truth of wild-life and natural danger.

Example: "Hey Timmy, let's go to the zoo today and check out the tigers in their cage through this plexi-glass wall! Oh, he's looking at us? Let's hit the plexi-glass wall to get his attention! Let's say Hi to Mr. Tiger!"

Reality: That tiger is fucking bored, and you just annoyed the shit out of him. Now that 500lb animal wants to rip YOUR ass to shreds, and all that's between you is 3 inches of see-through material.

In any case of (zoo animal vs. human), I will always have the zoo animals "side". They don't ask to be there, and they're only doing what their natural instincts call them to do. We're supposedly the superior being, yet we do some of the most careless shit imaginable. People need to understand consequence and accountability.
    THIS^^! I HATE when animals are killed for simply being animals. "This animal wouldn't back down....it was a danger....blah blah blah." This happened because this poor kid had idiots for parents. And I understand they wanted to get aid to the child quickly, but still. I lived in Vegas when Roy was attacked by his tiger. We'd never gone to see that show, but I was STUNNED to learn that there was no friggin' plan if the tiger decided to eat Sigfried or Roy. None. They put that audience at risk because their inflated egos thought they had a special bond with their tigers? They used a friggin fire extinguisher to try and get the cat away from him. Really??!! I like that show on Animal Planet....Fatal Attractions, because I find it remarkable how people will cause the deaths of the very creatures they profess to "love" because they are pompous jackasses who think it's their God given right to have that total sense of power and control. I always root for the animals, in those cases....natural selection needs to take these people out of the gene pool.

My bite is worse than my bark!

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I thought snakes liked their mice alive, maybe im wrong. I didnt know they actually did the whole sock to the wall thing, sounds harsh but ive never worked in a pet store to have ever had that kind of experience.

I believe in putting an animal out of its misery tho so im totally pro on that one. I hate to say it and i love my dogs, more chevy than anything, if they got cancer, it would depend on how far progressed it was. Im not into doing the dog chemo or anything. I would put my dog down.
    My daughter has a ball python. She doesn't feed it live rats. She works at a pet store, and gets frozen "gourmet rats" (I love finding them in the freezer when I'm looking for a late nite snack!) Many snakes will accept them. She has feeding tongs, and wiggles it in front of the snake, and *pounce* Sometimes, the snake gets fussy and won't eat and she goes to a local reptile store where they will "fresh kill" a rat for her. Depending on the size of the snakes and the mice or rats, the live prey can actually do some damage to the snake with scratching or biting.

My bite is worse than my bark!

Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

When I was a child, my Noni would tell me a story of parents that put their child on the railing at the alligator farm when visiting Florida. The kid fell in and got killed. We asked her to tell the story again and again. Our local zoo is super careful, I wonder why this one wasn't. People are hella stupid.

Loonywop, there is a multi-quote feature on this board. Learn it, live it, love it. Please.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I think about this kid everytime I go to a zoo. :(

according to a first hand account from a witness (i live in pgh and this person told me) that the boy's stomach and chest were basically gutted and he was left hollow, with just his ribs showing. no real damage to face and limbs. he looked like a dirt covered doll laying there. ugh.

Out, damned spot! out, I say! .... Here?s the smell of the blood still: all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand!

"Stop being dicks to noobs." -mydeathspace

I tried to see if the mom has a FB, and I noticed someone has made a group with 300+ members called "The worst 'mom' in the world: Elizabeth Derkosh." I mean... Why? What is the point? Does it make them feel better about themselves as parents to call her a bad mom? I don't get it. People are so hateful. What good can come out of that? I am 100% positive she feels like a piece of shit already with no help from them.

I was really hoping he was killed by the fall how awful. my kid falls into an exhibit, I go in after him especially if I am the idiot who set him on the ledge in the first place. Where the hell are these people's maternal instincts!?

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

I'm having major problems copy/pasting. Throws me out every time I try, so I'm giving up & just posting a link for the moment. This is an update we missed last year re a settlement being reached

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-mauling.html

Wait they're going to get money for putting their own son to his demise? Well shit.

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    Wait they're going to get money for putting their own son to his demise? Well shit.
    I've been to the Pittsburgh Zoo many times since I grew up about 45 minutes from it, and probably 80% of parents/adults do the same thing with little kids, especially little kids who are too little to see much without being picked up, not to mention the tons of kids that climb up onto stuff on their own so they can see better

Thread Information