Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Maddox Derkosh (2) killed by African wild dog pack at Pittsburgh Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    There will definitely be a lawsuit, and the zoo will pay. Even though I don't think the zoo did anything wrong.
    I don't know if the zoo will pay, although I think the family of the moron who was taunting a tiger in San Francisco and got mauled did sue. I think it got thrown out but I could be remembering it wrong. Either way, they should sue right back for causing the death of an endangered species and endangering the lives of others.

I hope the Zoo sues the mother and makes it so she cannot breed again.

Cute little kid. :(

I am also wondering who the bystanders are going to sue for emotional distress?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabei View Post
    Yea, I had to watch that poor child ripped to shreds. Uh, I mean I had to watch that poor animal get put down. That was worse, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I don't think they can? Like people who witness bad car accidents cannot sue unless they were actually touched by the car. At least that's how it was when I handled Insurance Claims.

The zoo closed for the day. I want my admission money back annnnnnnd a season pass!

I was wondering cause I know how "sue happy" people can be at times. Thanks Snow! At least hopefully the zoo won't have to pay let their insurance settle these. There has to be some personal responsibility. The blame is totally on the mother.

I was wondering cause I know how "sue happy" people can be at times. Thanks Snow! At least hopefully the zoo won't have to pay let their insurance settle these. There has to be some personal responsibility. The blame is totally on the mother.
    Yea, if the fucking thing escaped and pulled it out of her arms I would see her point.

we have a measure on our ballots today such that folks who commit crimes against victims can not sue the victim for damages suffered if the victim then hurts them. Gosh, I did not describe that well at all. Some dude grabs my purse, I get in my car and as I am trying to drive to the police station, I hit the guy and he loses a leg. He can't come back and sue me. But if he had not just stolen my purse, then he could.

We all hate lawyers until we need them.

Quote Originally Posted by AZPistonsGirl View Post
    we have a measure on our ballots today such that folks who commit crimes against victims can not sue the victim for damages suffered if the victim then hurts them. Gosh, I did not describe that well at all. Some dude grabs my purse, I get in my car and as I am trying to drive to the police station, I hit the guy and he loses a leg. He can't come back and sue me. But if he had not just stolen my purse, then he could.

We all hate lawyers until we need them.
    Amen to that shit.

Lawyers have only done me good..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Lawyers have only done me good..
    same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

The insurance company will definitely pay some money on this, but they will probably consider contributory negligence on the part of the mother.

I've been to more than a few zoos, but never saw wild dogs at any.

I just hate the insurance pays anything. I often wonder if the insurance companies weren't so quick to pay out instead of fighting maybe the premiums would be better or something. I mean why should the zoo pay anything when they did nothing wrong?

Maddox Lamar Derkosh

2, of Whitehall, tragically on Sunday, November 4, 2012. Dear son of Jason L. & Elizabeth (Noone) Derkosh. Grandson of Martin & Karen Noone III and Teena Derkosh (William Corry). Great grandson of Anne Kendzerski, Anna & Harold Wolfinger & Eva Derkosh. Nephew of Martin Noone IV (Patti Stevens), Erik Noone, Janel Derkosh (Michael Mueller). Cousin of Julian, Camryn, Nolan, Landon. Great nephew of Marlene & Paul Passafume, Catherine and Gerald Fox, Fran and Mark Varadi, Bernard and Debbie Noone, Patricia and Richard Pasquantonio, Richard and June Wolfinger, Barbara and Russell Scaramastra and a host of many family and friends who will mourn his passing. Friends welcome Thursday 2-8pm at William Slater II Funeral Service, 1650 Greentree Road, Scott Twp. Mass of Christian Burial Friday 10:00am St Bernard Church. PLEASE MEET AT CHURCH. In lieu of flowers, the family requests everyone bring a toy construction truck to be donated to a children's Christmas charity.

http://www.currentobituary.com/ShowO...&member_id=223

heres some facebooks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/123243704496767/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/217146878418598/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/379675405447787/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rest-...21964804627002

A Letter To The Mother of Maddox Derkosh

Elizabeth Derkosh, mother of 2-year old Maddox Derkosh, lifted her son onto a railing at the African Painted Dog exhibit on November 4. As she was holding him there something went terribly wrong.

Maddox slipped and fell onto safety netting below. Because he was so light he bounced twice on the netting and then landed on the ground inside the exhibit. Within minutes the dogs attacked, killing him. Elizabeth saw and heard everything.

There seems to be two responses to this horrible accident: sympathy or judgement. Some are heartbroken for this family. Others think this mother could have done more to save her son's life. It's not really our place to judge this mom because we weren't there that day. We did not see how things unfolded. What we should and need to do is extend grace and compassion to this mourning mother in the darkest moment of her life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Elizabeth,

You don't know me but when I heard of your son's death my heart crumbled. As a mother myself, my heart went out to you. No mother hopes or expects to lose a child, especially the way you lost your son. Even though we have never met I keep finding myself wishing I could just give you a hug, cry with you and tell you how incredibly sorry I am that this happened. I can only begin to imagine the grief that fills your heart and the thoughts that are flooding your mind right now.

From one mom to another I hope it is a comfort to you to know that there are many moms (myself included) who have heard about the accident and hurt with you. We know that you love your son and never intended for this to happen. We wish your son were still alive ... that you were able to hug him and kiss him and tell him you love him over and over. We know this was an accident that could have happened to anyone. We don't hate you and we don't think you are a bad mom. Ignore those who try to convince you otherwise.

I know the road ahead of you and your husband is a long and painful one. It is my prayer that you are able to mourn the loss of your son with a Hope that leads to healing.

I wish things were not the way they are right now. I am so so sorry.

Sincerely,
    April, a mom (and a friend who have yet to meet)

Thank you to all who are writing their own letters to Maddox's mom. Out of respect please do not use the comments to judge this mother. Any such comments will be deleted.

http://www.holistichomemaking.org/20...x-derkosh.html

Ahh, very tragic. I also thought the mother was an utter and complete moron until I saw this on another blog:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobynRich...972864/photo/1

I guess we are all guilty at some stage of being stupid. I really feel for the mom now.
    Don't be sorry your darkness has gone. I will carry it for you - always.
    I'll keep it with mine. - Dexter.

What does it say Lumen, it won't let me see it??

What does it say Lumen, it won't let me see it??
    it said they can't judge the mother because they did the same thing as her.

Oh Ouch!! Bet they are thankful it isn't them in the news.....Still, I would never..... :(

Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    it said they can't judge the mother because they did the same thing as her.

Well, I feel like an ass!

I think, though, there is more to where this went wrong than some freakish gravitational flip flop because otherwise this shit would happen all the time.

I don't know if I would call the mom stupid, or berate her for a terrible mistake. I definitely DON'T blame the zoo or the dogs, but I don't see the good in making her feel worse for something that she knows was a mistake.

I think, though, there is more to where this went wrong than some freakish gravitational flip flop because otherwise this shit would happen all the time.
    I was also wondering, because I've done the same thing at the zoo, as do 99% of other parents. It almost seems more plausible that he climbed up and fell down.

Thread Information