Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: PETA Wants Roadside Memorial to Honor Dead Fish

  1. #1
    Senior Member Just Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,390
    Rep Power
    5254777

    PETA Wants Roadside Memorial to Honor Dead Fish

    IRVINE, Calif. (AP) ? Animal activists want a California roadside memorial sign to honor fish killed during a container truck crash.

    People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals volunteer Dina Kourda told Irvine?s street maintenance chief the sign would remind drivers that fish value their lives and feel pain.

    About 1,600 pounds of saltwater bass died on Oct. 11 when the truck hauling them to market got into a three-way crash.

    Kourda?s letter acknowledges roadside memorials traditionally honor humans, but she hopes an exception will be made.

    Irvine spokesman Craig Reem says there won?t be a fish memorial.

    But PETA spokeswoman Asheley Byrne said they will go back and ask again.

    It?s not the first time PETA has asked to post a memorial for animals killed on their way to slaughter.

    They?ve tried to honor pigs killed in Virginia and cows killed in crashes in Illinois, Kansas, and Manitoba, Canada, Byrne said, but none have been approved.

    It?s their first fish effort. They will continue trying for memorials when trucks carrying animals to slaughter are involved in crashes and there is a heavy death toll.

    ?They are on their way to slaughter, which is, of course, pretty hellish. To suffer an accident on the way and be left in the middle of the street is unthinkable,? Byrne said.

    Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member morbidT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,845
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Interesting. That's all I have for the moment.

  3. #3
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    97,358
    Rep Power
    21474941
    I fucking hate PETA.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  4. #4
    NOT SAME CAT Fleta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,540
    Rep Power
    19419685
    Fish don't have feelings. Fish are vegetables.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    6926
    Can you imagine driving down a country road where you know animals are run over every day and seeing a memorial for each one?
    It would be ridiculous...

  6. #6
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    97,358
    Rep Power
    21474941
    These are the same people who are against animal testing. Um, hello! If you don't test it on animals how do I know that shit is safe? NO THANK YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Puyallup, WA
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0
    I could sort of understand if it was say, a truckload of adorable fluffy kittens on the way to cheer up a hospital full of sick children, but.... fish? And not even pretty or rare fish, not fish meant to be pets... but, bass? Silly PETA.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ballsacky USA
    Posts
    15,256
    Rep Power
    21474859
    ok so these saltwater bass were ALIVE, on their way to a market? so a truckload of fish in a saltwater tank? i find that hard to believe.

    will this memorial be underwater so that their families can pay their respects.....?

  9. #9
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    97,358
    Rep Power
    21474941
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    ok so these saltwater bass were ALIVE, on their way to a market? so a truckload of fish in a saltwater tank? i find that hard to believe.

    will this memorial be underwater so that their families can pay their respects.....?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  10. #10
    Senior Member sarabei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,915
    Rep Power
    13492599
    PETA is disgusting...I hate their organization.

  11. #11
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    19,480
    Rep Power
    21474861
    I don't want to be that asshole, but we are talking about Irvine. They have nothing better to do than take their kids to school, go home to watch the nannys/maids clean up. Rich people problems.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  12. #12
    Moderator bowieluva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    57,576
    Rep Power
    21474901
    PETA is so ridiculous that they trivialize every genuine animal rights issue.

    You slept with mike so he would ban me. change your sig..the pretentious look how hipster face is so old ooh you like guys with glasses..ooooh

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Puyallup, WA
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    PETA is so ridiculous that they trivialize every genuine animal rights issue.
    No joke. I don't know a single person who is going to see an ad comparing their BBQ dinner to being Hitler and stop to think.... "Frak. My steak equals a cow holocaust? {tosses out meat} Pass me the salad!"

  14. #14
    Senior Member morbidT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,845
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Quote Originally Posted by foureyes View Post
    No joke. I don't know a single person who is going to see an ad comparing their BBQ dinner to being Hitler and stop to think.... "Frak. My steak equals a cow holocaust? {tosses out meat} Toss my salad!"

    Fixed

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Puyallup, WA
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

  16. #16
    Riotous Defective snowfallsoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,599
    Rep Power
    2056056
    Mayby they will get to put up a memorial but get run over in the process.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Artemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,704
    Rep Power
    15323962
    Their interview with my boyfriend:
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

  18. #18
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    97,358
    Rep Power
    21474941
    Hahahaha I thought I was gonna get to hear Shel!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  19. #19
    fun hater Shins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    8,220
    Rep Power
    21474846
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    These are the same people who are against animal testing. Um, hello! If you don't test it on animals how do I know that shit is safe? NO THANK YOU!

    I see your argument there, but I'd prefer pedophile testing. Stupid 8th Amendment...


    I'm a huge "animal person" in believing animals suffer emotionally as well as physically, but fish are like vegetables, let's be serious...

  20. #20
    Is doin' yo dad! White trash bitchy blonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    17,026
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Id rather see memorials along the road with names of servicemen overseas being killed everyday.

    I hate fish so fuck fish. No memorial. PETA is stupid. If they werent such condescending assholes and actually tried to make points instead of going above and beyond on their points i wouldnt have such an issue.

    I so appreciate the hidden cameras of animals being tortured and shit. Any killing for food should be humane, that's the only vredit i give to those fuckers.

    Also, what was the name of that hbo doc about the peta and the lady that owns it, anyone know?

  21. #21
    Riotous Defective snowfallsoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,599
    Rep Power
    2056056
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Id rather see memorials along the road with names of servicemen overseas being killed everyday.

    I hate fish so fuck fish. No memorial. PETA is stupid. If they werent such condescending assholes and actually tried to make points instead of going above and beyond on their points i wouldnt have such an issue.

    I so appreciate the hidden cameras of animals being tortured and shit. Any killing for food should be humane, that's the only vredit i give to those fuckers.

    Also, what was the name of that hbo doc about the peta and the lady that owns it, anyone know?
    Is it this?
    http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/i-a...eta/index.html

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •