Thread: Josh Ruzsa (19) died when he fell 150 feet off a mountain while trying to escape a swarm of bees

Josh Ruzsa (19) died when he fell 150 feet off a mountain while trying to escape a swarm of bees

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012..._swarm_of_bees

''PHOENIX - A Valley family is grieving after 19-year-old Joshua Ruzsa died after trying to escape bees on Camelback Mountain Monday afternoon.

Ruzsa, a Marine recruit, fell 150 feet off a steep part of the mountain. His family told ABC15 he was training with two other recruits. He was set to start boot camp next month.

?He loved the values of the Marines, he loved the challenge, and I know he would have been a great one,? said his father Denis Ruzsa.

Joshua trained almost every day and was familiar with the trail. Firefighters said the group was found about 100 feet off the trail. Ruzsa's family said Joshua warned his fellow recruits that bees were up ahead before he fell.

?He did want any Marine would do, protect his brother,? said Denis.

One kid received 300 stings. The other received more than 1,000. Both are still in the hospital Tuesday night.

If you are interested in helping the family, they've set up an account at Wells Fargo Bank.

You can donate to the Joshua Ruzsa Memorial fund.''

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...#ixzz2BMqscHl2
    Last edited by Olivia; 11-05-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: added article - please submit deaths before posting a thread! thanks

Ugh. I hate bees so much. I hate them. The spread of africanized honey bees. As of 2010, they've reached the south east and up into georgia. Not saying that's the kind that killed this poor dude, but probably. I'm a serious apiphobe. This is my worst nightmare. 1000 bee stings!

Also, I used to hike that mountain quite often when I lived in that terrible city. Fond memories of that mountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

I'm allergic to bees and always run away from them if they get near me. Poor guy.

Thread Information