Thread: Bears fan William Pettry (42) in town for game gets his throat slashed for talking to a mans wife

Bears fan William Pettry (42) in town for game gets his throat slashed for talking to a mans wife

The man accused of killing a Bears fan in a Jacksonville, Fla. restaurant and bar "coldbloodedly" cut William Pettry's throat after seeing Pettry talking to his wife, police said today.

Matthew Hinson, 27, "became jealous, enraged, whatever you want to call it and approached our victim," Jacksonville County Police Lt. Rob Schoonover told a news conference. "He calmly and basically coldbloodedly cut the victim's throat and calmly walked out of the restaurant."

Police caught up with Hinson as he was pulling out of the restaurant parking lot in his truck early Sunday morning. "He resisted a little bit, they had to put him to the ground," Schoonover said, explaining the cuts and bruises in Hinson's mugshot.

Pettry, of Lake Villa, was in Jacksonville for the Bears game but police said sports rivalry had nothing to do with what happened.

"When he (Hinson) showed up, he found out that our victim and a friend were talking with his wife and another lady," Schoonover said.

Witnesses told police Hinson and Pettry were "sitting on a bench inside the bar" when Hinson "stood up, cut him (Pettry) and walked out," Schoonover said, making a cutting motion across his throat with his finger. He described the murder weapon as ?a little pocket knife.?

Hinson, from Jacksonville, admitted to the stabbing after his arrest but did not tell police why. Hinson has been charged with murder and is being held without bail.

Hinson, who told police he had previously served in the military, until Sunday had never been arrested by the Jacksonville Sheriff?s Office which has jurisdiction over the city, said department spokeswoman Melissa Bujeda.

A search of Florida arrest and court records only turned up traffic-related offenses in Duval and Clay counties in the Jacksonville area. Hinson pleaded no contest to a charge of driving under the influence in Clay County in June 2006, according to court records.

Pettry had left on a flight from Milwaukee Friday to attend the Bears game in Jacksonville and was excited to be making the trip with his best friend, according to his cousin, Quincy Asbury Jr.

Pettry was an avid Bears fan who was too busy working at his construction and remodeling company and helping raise his three children to find time to go to games in Chicago, Asbury said. Pettry's stepfather recently died and Asbury last saw his-first cousin at the man's wake.

"He was such a huge Bears fan. . .He never got to go to the Bears game, he never got to enjoy it," said Asbury, who can't understand how anyone would want to hurt him. "He was always the guy that made you laugh."

The attack occurred around 12:30 a.m. Sunday at Fionn MacCool's Irish Restaurant & Pub, an upscale restaurant about a block from the hotel where Pettry was staying -- the same hotel where the Bears team was also staying.

Asbury, a River Grove police officer, said he spoke with Pettry's best friend after the stabbing and said he still doesn't understand what happened.

Police said in a press release that Pettry was involved in a "disturbance" with two other people shortly before 2 a.m. at the restaurant in Jacksonville Landing.
    The best friend, 42-year-old Nick Viverito of the Northwest Side, was still making his way home from Florida Monday night said he still couldn?t believe he had to see his best friend of nearly 40 years lying dead inside a bar.

?It?s hitting me in waves?I?m still trying to get my head around it,?? said Viverito, who works at a bank and who grew up with Pettry in the city after they met in grade school.

Viverito said he was seated with Pettry and a couple at a outside table, enjoying the evening while laughing and socializing with other patrons, many of whom were from the Chicago area.

They saw Hinson, who was with his wife and another woman, as they were waiting for inside seating. Casual introductions were made and they briefly chatted.

?The only time we talked to them is when they were standing around waiting for a seat,''Viverito said. ?We were not hitting on the girls. We didn?t? buy them drinks -- it was just small talk at the bar,?? Viverito said.

The suspect and the two women went inside the bar once their table was ready. A while later, Pettry went inside also to get drinks and use the washroom.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...6.story?page=1

Crazy jealous asshole. Bet his wife is just swooning over her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

here's one of his son's facebook https://www.facebook.com/WilliamLeePettryJr

from the wife's facebook
    I hope this bastard gets everything coming to him. He has taken my husband, friend and the love of my life and most of all the father of my children. He has turned our lives upside down. Im so angry. My children have to grow up without a father. Shame on you asshole !!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/karen.pettry?fref=nf_fr

and here is his facebook https://www.facebook.com/william.c.pettry
    Last edited by rachy; 10-09-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I don't understand how someone makes it this far in life if they have this killer instinct in them. I mean is this the first time he's ever thought someone has been "disrespectful" to him or something? WHAT THE FUCK!?!
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 10-09-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I don't understand how someone makes it this far in life if they have this killer instinct in him. I mean is this the first time he's ever thought someone has been "disrespectful" to him or something? WHAT THE FUCK!?!
    I wonder this ALL THE TIME
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I wonder this ALL THE TIME
    Like, you figure they would have offed someone at 10 after getting cut (lulz) on the lunch line.

Christopher Pettry's Fundraiser hosted by Chicago Bears Players

https://www.facebook.com/events/4548...6938/?refid=17

This is such a fucked up story. Really feel for this poor woman.

Holy shit! Story's like this are the kind that makes me just want to be a hermit. There has to be some sort of past where he did something fucked up like those people you always hear about that tortured kittens and puppies as teenagers. Who snaps for such a stupid reason?

i'm not a gun advocate, nor a death penalty guy, but this is the best reason i've ever seen to say, 'if only someone was packing heat...'
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i'm not a gun advocate, nor a death penalty guy, but this is the best reason i've ever seen to say, 'if only someone was packing heat...'
    Why? So someone could have shot this guy after he was done slashing Mr. Pettry's throat?

yup. pretty much that. i mean, come on! everybody saw him do it, it's not like asking for the death penalty where there is a possibility that you got the wrong guy. it'd be like a gut reaction to seeing him kill someone for no reason.

yup. pretty much that. i mean, come on! everybody saw him do it, it's not like asking for the death penalty where there is a possibility that you got the wrong guy. it'd be like a gut reaction to seeing him kill someone for no reason.
    Oh, OK. I was asking because I thought you were saying having a gun would have saved Mr. Pettry. I get you now.

At first glance, I thought the title read that William Perry of the Bears had his throat slashed. Man. Still this is horrible, wth you can't go anywhere without some crazy killing you these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Oh, OK. I was asking because I thought you were saying having a gun would have saved Mr. Pettry. I get you now.
    duh! guns are for killing, not for saving!

duh! guns are for killing, not for saving!
    I can respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post

conference. "He calmly and basically coldbloodedly cut the victim's throat and calmly walked out of the restaurant."

Hinson, from Jacksonville, admitted to the stabbing after his arrest but did not tell police why.
    This is too damn weird. Other articles are saying that he doesn't even remember why he did it, maybe because he was under the influence of something other than/in addition to alcohol. Maybe jealousy wasn't the motivation. No motivation, just substance-induced blackout. No history of violence, then he stabs someone AND gets in a scuffle with police?

Everyone says that he appeared very calm, which doesn't really seem like a jealous rage . . . more like a drug-induced shitstorm.
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

This is too damn weird. Other articles are saying that he doesn't even remember why he did it, maybe because he was under the influence of something other than/in addition to alcohol. Maybe jealousy wasn't the motivation. No motivation, just substance-induced blackout. No history of violence, then he stabs someone AND gets in a scuffle with police?

Everyone says that he appeared very calm, which doesn't really seem like a jealous rage . . . more like a drug-induced shitstorm.
    that's unfortunate... although, looking at that guys photo, he strikes me as the type that's easily induced into a jealous rage and at the same time, can seemingly remain calm while jealously raging.

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatality View Post
    At first glance, I thought the title read that William Perry of the Bears had his throat slashed. Man. Still this is horrible, wth you can't go anywhere without some crazy killing you these days.
    haha, same here!

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    that's unfortunate... although, looking at that guys photo, he strikes me as the type that's easily induced into a jealous rage and at the same time, can seemingly remain calm while jealously raging.
    Isn't there some other death thread where people are arguing about what you can tell about a person from a photo? Anyway, I call bullshit again. This actually made me lol.

Maybe we should all post photos of our faces and you can tell us all about our personalities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

i think that's a great idea!

you're right though... i did it in the baby scissor girl thread too! i hadn't even noticed... to my credit though - everyone brings up killing potential based on photos in every thread. i'm not really a ground-breaker here.

Quote Originally Posted by trailerparktrash View Post
    Isn't there some other death thread where people are arguing about what you can tell about a person from a photo? Anyway, I call bullshit again. This actually made me lol.

Maybe we should all post photos of our faces and you can tell us all about our personalities.

we should post pictures with a poll lol

multiple choice does make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by trailerparktrash View Post

Ha, it was in the Trayvon Martin thread.

Didn't Chauncy start a thread for pics to be rated on a L.A. coolness scale? It was back before the crash(es)...
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

i'm a bears fan and this really pisses me off, they are actually doing good and you get killed for getting tickets to an away game.

i dont know what its like for the wife and im sorry for her and the kids

Thread Information