Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Here is a thread regarding ghosts. I participated in a hunt a few years ago and posted a couple of pics.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ghlight=ghosts

It's saying I don't have permission to access that page.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    It's saying I don't have permission to access that page.

Poo. It must be a premium thread.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

ya a lot of threads get started in here. just make this one the new ghosts threads. so non-premies can enjoy too.

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    ya a lot of threads get started in here. just make this one the new ghosts threads. so non-premies can enjoy too.
    i thought there was another thread that delta started a long time ago that was non premmie. its not that one and had a different name. i cannot think of it at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Poo. It must be a premium thread.
    I can't access either. Shit. I wanted to see. I don't know what to believe. I have yet to "see" something. Crazy stuff happens around me but it's probably nothing. Did you hear or see anything Morbid?

Quote Originally Posted by Twinmutha View Post
    I can't access either. Shit. I wanted to see. I don't know what to believe. I have yet to "see" something. Crazy stuff happens around me but it's probably nothing. Did you hear or see anything Morbid?

I have a few interesting pics, that's for sure.

There were also some things found on an EVP recorder. Let me go back into the premium thread and snatch what I put in there. Be back sooon.......

ETA: Here ya go

I've done a couple of paranormal investigations. One at a bookstore and one at the Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield, Ohio. I was involved in ghost tours for a small city last year, which included tours of the bookstore. There was some activity during some of the tours. It was pretty cool. When I did the OSR, there was activity before night fell. We had the prison to ourselves the entire night. Crazy shit went down. The most impressive was when a group of us went up into the hall outside of the warden's office (remember Shawshank Redemption? It was filmed here) and sat down. I had just sat down on the floor when I heard a growl. There was a lot of shuffling going on because everyone was starting to sit on the floor. I asked if anyone heard it and someone said they thought it was just the noise of everyone moving. We sat there for 45 minutes without anything happening. One guy says something about us leaving and the spirit being a douche for not giving us anything. All of a sudden ALL of us hear this god awful noise. I told them it sounded like that growl again, only louder and longer. We stayed for a few more minutes to see if we could get anything else. Nothing. Went went down to the basement to listen to the recordings. It was a hair raising growl that lasted for 8 seconds.
    Another incident that night was one guy telling me how to use a piece of equipment. It was a headphone set that recorded in real time. Well, it had a 10 second delay. We were getting ready to leave (we were in the church area) and I hear this scream on the recording. I ask everyone else if they heard it and they said no. We try to rewind it to listen to it then and the batteries died. We go down in the basement to check the recording out. You can hear the guy instructing me on how to use the equipment and discussing moving on to another room. Then you hear 'aaaaaahhhhhh' and me asking if they heard it. Them saying no. You can clearly hear the scream on the recorder.
    There was another recording in solitary confinement where I could hear deep breathing, wearing the headset, but the other investigator could not hear it. There was a cell used for filming of Shawshank that we were using a talk box in front of. The voice that came over it described my clothing and wanted me inside the cell with the door closed. I did it and they couldn't get the door back open. They had to go down to the very end of the cell block and do something to the master door thingy.
    Last edited by morbidT; 03-13-2013 at 07:26 PM.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

This area was used as the clinic when this wing of the prison was in operation. Now it's a storage area, apparently for mostly toilets.

It was actually pitch dark when I took this pic, but the flash makes it look light. All the lights are lit up.

Another pic of equipment lighting up

Yes I believe. I have had experiences for about 10 years. If I could get my dh's EVP's off an old school recorder I would. I live backed up to a cemetary and this house is more active than my last.

Sweet! I wish I could get a copy of the things I heard. It wasn't my equipment, though.

Shall I tell my stories... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by aaronsmommy View Post
    Shall I tell my stories... LOL
    YESSSS!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiaDeLosMuertos View Post
    Yes I believe. I have had experiences for about 10 years. If I could get my dh's EVP's off an old school recorder I would. I live backed up to a cemetary and this house is more active than my last.
    I wanna live in these places. Apparently, ghost refuse to speak to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

My Oma (German for grandma) was born and raised in Germany... When she was 16 she went to a psychic and they told her that she would marry a foreigner and move to foreign lands (she married my Opa [German for Grandpa] - an american GI and they moved all over the world). She was told that she would lose her first born to an unknown case (Uncle Jimmy died at 10 months old from SIDS). She was told that one of her other children would have serious illnesses (my mom had a disease where her red cells were killing her white which caused severe bruising - ended up having three spleens - and a partial hysterectomy at 16 due to severe cyst growth). She was told that her husband would eventually go blind (Opa ended up getting in a car wreck when she was still alive and smacked his head so hard he went blind for a month - now that she has passed, he has cataracts, glaucoma, and degeneration so he will eventually go blind). She was told that she would die before the age of both of her parents' deaths (her dad was 59 her mom was 60 - she died at 58).

She had a dream in May of standing on a bridge in a field of sunflowers. One side of the bridge was all of her still living relatives and we were all crying. The other side of the bridge was all of her already deceased family members and they were waiving her over in a full hand 'come here' motion. (I did not know about this dream until I was 22) Because of the psychic telling her she was going to die before she turned the age of her parents deaths, she feared this dream was telling her it would be soon. She booked a flight two days later back home to Germany to see her two brothers and her sister with my Opa. While she was there, she was at her sister's house. They were all eating dinner in the dining room, which had a crucifix in the corner near the ceiling. Halfway through the meal, she looked over at my Opa, and said something along the lines of tell the girls (my aunt and mom) and the kids (myself, my brother, and two cousins) how much I love them, and that I will always be watching them. At that point, she grabbed her heart, looked up and pointed at the cross, went wide-eyed, and fell over. She passed away from a massive heart attack, with no prior history of heart problems.

My Opa has since been married 2 times, with girlfriends inbetween each marriage. His first wife after my Oma was sitting in my grandparent's house helping Opa pack up their house so he could move into her house. She was taking a break and sitting at the kitchen table, and without anything happening (no doors opening, no windows opening, nothing) poultry sheers, that were hanging on the wall, flew across the room at her. She ran down the hall to get my Opa and a picture that was hanging on the wall fell down. She picked it up and it was my grandparents wedding picture. She put it back up on the wall, and when my Opa and she came back around the corner to go to the kitchen, the same picture was on the floor with the glass cracked this time.

After my Opa divorced that woman, he was living in our house for a little while. While he was living with us, late one night, I was laying in bed and heard him talking to someone, and a females voice responding. No one was awake so I was confused and went to check on him. After asking him who he was talking to, he admitted he was talking to Oma, but it was weird because he wasn't getting a response from her, and he normally did. I told him I heard her responding and he just smiled. The next night, I was again laying in bed and got a chill. I looked over towards the door and saw my Oma's face protruding out of my wall. (Only way I can explain it is to think of those hand impression toys with pins where you push on one side and the impression comes out on the other.) Needless to say it scared the shit out of me and I was frozen. She was right by my door so I didn't want to run past her to go to my parent's room. (I was 12 or so)

After that, I would feel something pressing down on my bed at night, and a cool breeze across my forehead, almost every night. I would hear footsteps on the carpet in my room, and think it was my family cat, but when I'd look down he wasn't in the room. To this day I have to fall asleep with the TV or radio on so I don't hear those noises.

My mom had a dream that she let our family dog out in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Instead of using the backdoor like normal, she let her go out front. When she turned around, she looked at the couch in the formal living room, and my Oma was sitting there. My mom has the same weird dreams that my Oma did. She somehow KNOWS when she is dreaming, and was staring at my Oma in the dream and screaming for my dad to wake her up. My dad did wake her up, but ony because she was shaking, he didn't hear her say anything. But when she opened her eyes, the first thing that she said was "What took you so long to wake me up?" Freaked my dad out, and he doesn't beleive in this stuff.

Opa moved into his own condo and had a live-in GF for a lil bit and she was getting ready for work one day and saw my Oma's image in the reflection of the mirror in the bedroom. She turned around and there was nothing there. When she turned back to the mirror, my Oma had her hand over her mouth and was pointing at her and laughing.

When we moved into a new house after she had passed, my mom let my brother and I pick out the decor that we wanted in our new rooms. I chose sunflowers. (I was 8 or so when we moved... I didn't know about her pre-death dream until I was 22). My mom went white and asked why, and apparently I told her I always dream about fields of sunflowers. She did not tell me at that point. When I graduated from high school, after walking, I came out to my car and there was a sunflower weaved into my steering wheel (I was the only one with a key to my car).

I have dreams of her all the time. Things that I couldn't possibly remember from when she was alive. I dream dreams that my mom later tells me were life experiences of my Oma. Like one time I dreamed that there was a war going on and my brother had been away for a couple years as a pilot, and on my birthday he landed a plane in a field by our house (there are no fields by my parents house) and came and let me sit in the plane with him. Come to find out, my great uncle did do that with my Oma on her 8th birthday. Had had been gone for a couple years, and landed the plane without his superiors permission, just to see her on her birthday. There was no way of me knowing that. I had never heard that story before, ever.

There is more, but I think that is plenty for now..... LOL

so basically, only Germans can be ghosts?

so basically, only Germans can be ghosts?
    You talkin to me?

You talkin to me?
    Absolutely.

I would like to know how come some people never experience this, but for other people their life is the movie Ghost Dad.

ETA: Since you're gonna ask what that is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Dad

LOL, maybe because some people are more open minded about it than others? I really don't know. I'd like to not be worried about my Oma freaking me out on a whim... but it happens.

LOL, maybe because some people are more open minded about it than others? I really don't know. I'd like to not be worried about my Oma freaking me out on a whim... but it happens.
    Doesn't sound like Opa's new lady was open to the idea. Yet she still got a private show.

If something is real, it doesn't matter if you believe in it or not. Like gravity, or sunlight.

My Oma (German for grandma) was born and raised in Germany... When she was 16 she went to a psychic and they told her that she would marry a foreigner and move to foreign lands (she married my Opa [German for Grandpa] - an american GI and they moved all over the world). She was told that she would lose her first born to an unknown case (Uncle Jimmy died at 10 months old from SIDS). She was told that one of her other children would have serious illnesses (my mom had a disease where her red cells were killing her white which caused severe bruising - ended up having three spleens - and a partial hysterectomy at 16 due to severe cyst growth). She was told that her husband would eventually go blind (Opa ended up getting in a car wreck when she was still alive and smacked his head so hard he went blind for a month - now that she has passed, he has cataracts, glaucoma, and degeneration so he will eventually go blind). She was told that she would die before the age of both of her parents' deaths (her dad was 59 her mom was 60 - she died at 58).
    I love all of this! I have some pretty weird dreams. When I have one, I email my bff right away. Then we wait for the phone call/FB status/email, etc., from someone. I don't remember most of my dreams, but I have some pretty vivid ones that kind of freak me out.

Doesn't sound like Opa's new lady was open to the idea. Yet she still got a private show.

If something is real, it doesn't matter if you believe in it or not. Like gravity, or sunlight.
    I agree about something being real whether you believe or not... guess we'll all find out one way or another at some point, huh? My views is I'd rather live my life as though there was something/someone to answer to and be let down, than to live my life as though there isn't someone/something to answer to and pay the price.

I love all of this! I have some pretty weird dreams. When I have one, I email my bff right away. Then we wait for the phone call/FB status/email, etc., from someone. I don't remember most of my dreams, but I have some pretty vivid ones that kind of freak me out.
    My mom and I have creepy dreams all the time, but that's for another thread. LOL!

I agree about something being real whether you believe or not... guess we'll all find out one way or another at some point, huh? My views is I'd rather live my life as though there was something/someone to answer to and be let down, than to live my life as though there isn't someone/something to answer to and pay the price.
    Ha, that's an interesting perspective. But is it worse to have the wrong religion and piss God off, or to not believe at all and not offend?

Ha, that's an interesting perspective. But is it worse to have the wrong religion and piss God off, or to not believe at all and not offend?
    I believe every religion's God is the same - just called something different. (Even those with multiple God's more often than not have one MAIN God, with other 'lesser Gods' - not much different than the Catholic trinity.)
    I feel that so long as you have a set of morals, and are living your life in a positive way, instead of negative, God will forgive all. (After all I am a Catholic and the ONLY sins that the Bible says are unforgivable are blasphemy and non-belief)

My mom and I have creepy dreams all the time, but that's for another thread. LOL!
    Right! haha

I believe people must be open to experiencing things. To me it's no different than people having the hairs stand up on the back of their neck and then receiving a phone call that a loved on died.

I never went looking for experiences. They just happened. That's when it peeked my interest and I sought out investigations.

Thread Information