Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    I tried playing with a ouija board on my 16th birthday. My friends and I were "camping out" in a tent in my families front yard. Nothing happened, til my asshole brother started throwing shit at the tent. We ran outside all freaked out and the asshole had written with flammable shit on the driveway "I need souls" with a pentagram. Scared the fuck out of us until he started laughing. We all thought we'd summoned the devil. Never touched the fucker again.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    ok, im going to type this because I cant sleep and stumbled on this thread.

So when i was 14 or 15, I would play the Ouija with my best friend after school... catholic school - so we would have to hide what we were doing. Long story short: we proved to each other that we were not moving the optical and we "made a friend" on the ouija board. The "friend" had a code in which he would signal to us that he was who we thought he was.
    here is what i remember: his name was Tom.
    he committed suicide in 1994
    he was from hackensack, N J
    he had siblings - family
    he regretted what he did
    He found out that he was buried in Newark, N J
    he shot himself
    he was young - in his twenties

so we talked to him multiple time - we knew all those things from his life because we asked. We were more interetsted in determining whether he was real or not. One day we asked him to move a playing card - he said he didnt know how, but he promised to learn. Later he told us to look at a lipstick on the dresser, and it fell over and rolled off the dresser - WE WERE SO EXCITED AND HAPPY.
    We would talk to him mostly at my house - he wouldnt always be at my best friend's house - one day he told me that i was special. and i thought that i was going to be famous or something...

so fast forward to my "boyfriend"
    i met him 11 year ago.
    a few months into our relationship, he told me that his brother committed suicide.
    He did tell me his name, "tom" - still didnt bring me back to my ouije board high school days.
    then one day, my BF invited me to go with him and his family, to his brother's grave site on the anniversary of his burial.
    I saw his tombstone and all the info at the same time - i was in Newark, the family was from Hackensack, his name is Tom, he committed suicide, he died in 1994, he had siblings..
    and it brought me back to it. and i almost passed out. I have not to this day told my BF because he would just flip. He doesnt believe in this bullshit and would get so pissed, so i just keep it to myself.
    What the fucking fuck!?! Are you certain you didn't just see the name Tom and sort of build on that? That's way creepy, and yet cool.

ok, im going to type this because I cant sleep and stumbled on this thread.

So when i was 14 or 15, I would play the Ouija with my best friend after school... catholic school - so we would have to hide what we were doing. Long story short: we proved to each other that we were not moving the optical and we "made a friend" on the ouija board. The "friend" had a code in which he would signal to us that he was who we thought he was.
    here is what i remember: his name was Tom.
    he committed suicide in 1994
    he was from hackensack, N J
    he had siblings - family
    he regretted what he did
    He found out that he was buried in Newark, N J
    he shot himself
    he was young - in his twenties

so we talked to him multiple time - we knew all those things from his life because we asked. We were more interetsted in determining whether he was real or not. One day we asked him to move a playing card - he said he didnt know how, but he promised to learn. Later he told us to look at a lipstick on the dresser, and it fell over and rolled off the dresser - WE WERE SO EXCITED AND HAPPY.
    We would talk to him mostly at my house - he wouldnt always be at my best friend's house - one day he told me that i was special. and i thought that i was going to be famous or something...

so fast forward to my "boyfriend"
    i met him 11 year ago.
    a few months into our relationship, he told me that his brother committed suicide.
    He did tell me his name, "tom" - still didnt bring me back to my ouije board high school days.
    then one day, my BF invited me to go with him and his family, to his brother's grave site on the anniversary of his burial.
    I saw his tombstone and all the info at the same time - i was in Newark, the family was from Hackensack, his name is Tom, he committed suicide, he died in 1994, he had siblings..
    and it brought me back to it. and i almost passed out. I have not to this day told my BF because he would just flip. He doesnt believe in this bullshit and would get so pissed, so i just keep it to myself.

THEY DO EXIST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I dunno how you resisted breaking out the ouija again
    OH HELLLL TO THE NO. because what i didnt say was the reason we stopped playing with the oujia board was because of what happened the last time we did it. At my her house, me and her decided to do it on the night before halloween. So apparently an "evil" spirit was speaking to us and we were telling it that we didnt want to talk to it and to get Tom - it kept going to NO repeatedly. We said goodbye and then tried again and again it was acting weird and it didnt know "tom's code". Then it began to do the figure eight slowly at first and then faster and faster - and to the point that me and her couldnt keep up with it, we tried to grab the optical to say goodbye, and all of a sudden, the optical flew off the ouija board and went under the sofa. I moved the sofa to get it out, and the optical window was cracked and fogged up to the point you couldnt see through it - it was almost completely white.
    we freaked the fuck out. we said "goodbye" and threw the ouija in the garbage and took out the garbage.
    then on Jan 2. - i slept over my friend's house and in the morning, we heard something in her closet fall, so we eventually got up and opened the closet to get dressed. um the thing that fell - that we didnt even think anything of - was the FUCKING OUIJA BOARD with the same broken fogged up optical. my BF was hysterical - we ended up going to my house and calling people and asking who wanted a ouija board - but of course, who wants one that you cant see through!! My friend ended up telling her mom and her mom gave it to her sister or someone that knew Santeria to get rid of it or any fucking curses that thing may have put on us.

NOPE. not fucking with that shit ever ever ever ever again. ever.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Is it wrong that all this talk makes me want to try it?

I'm so twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimeGirl View Post
    What the fucking fuck!?! Are you certain you didn't just see the name Tom and sort of build on that? That's way creepy, and yet cool.
    oh i went over this in my head over and over - i even asked my best friend. i do remember more than she did, but we did remember the same name, year, the method of death and the town he was from because it was just the next town over from us, at the time.

Is it wrong that all this talk makes me want to try it?

I'm so twisted.
    dont do it - its just stress inducing.

honestly, i think you have to be super open minded for it to work - or really into it. its weird i cant explain it. I know that we tried with other people and it wouldnt work. it really only worked when it was just us two and we barely touched the optical. My best friend had a book on it and how to do it properly and we would kind of meditate before we would do it - to "open the door"

if i had the internet during my sophomore year of high school - i would have never done that shit.

dont do it - its just stress inducing.

honestly, i think you have to be super open minded for it to work - or really into it. its weird i cant explain it. I know that we tried with other people and it wouldnt work. it really only worked when it was just us two and we barely touched the optical. My best friend had a book on it and how to do it properly and we would kind of meditate before we would do it - to "open the door"

if i had the internet during my sophomore year of high school - i would have never done that shit.

I thought about seeing a medium. I just want to talk to my dad so bad. I wish there was a way to just talk to him without worrying about the bad spirits.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I thought about seeing a medium. I just want to talk to my dad so bad. I wish there was a way to just talk to him without worrying about the bad spirits.
    do it in your head, he can hear you.

do it in your head, he can hear you.
    Are you serious? That works?

i cant either say yes,

or i cant just tell you, its how i communicate with my passed on loved ones and it seems to work for me. I have had conversations with my grandparents and my man has had conversations with his brother and even, most recently, his father.

Sorry for the questions...but do you hear them talk back? I'm interested.

Sorry for the questions...but do you hear them talk back? I'm interested.
    not directly. but if and when i do it, its more like, asking for direction - "what would grandma do" and i just get a feeling of which direction to take.

personally i hate those medium people because I feel like most of them are garbage - "im getting an m... m.... for married, is someone married in your family" and then you end up filling in the blanks. My friend went to one a few times because an aunt that she was really close with passed away from cancer - and one medium told her that she passed peacefully, and the other told her that she was sending messages about how she suffered. It was a mind fuck and a half.

Ghosts.... Do you believe in them??

Have stories? Pictures?? Proof!!!! Share here!

I am infatuated with watching ghost stories and all that crap on TV. I have yet to really see proof and don't know what to believe. Hmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Twinmutha View Post
    I am infatuated with watching ghost stories and all that crap on TV. I have yet to really see proof and don't know what to believe. Hmmm......
    I love Ghost Adventures. Funniest show on television, dude.

I believe in spirits, not necessarily ghosts. I believe we are all spiritual as well as physical beings, and I do believe there is life after death. I'm not sure exactly what I think hauntings and ghost sightings are, as I do not believe that your soul gets trapped on earth if you have unfinished business or anything like that.

I do not believe any "evidence" that shows up on a show like Ghost Adventures. Especially nowadays, with special effects and editing and stuff. It's just too easy to fake.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    I love Ghost Adventures. Funniest show on television, dude.

I believe in spirits, not necessarily ghosts. I believe we are all spiritual as well as physical beings, and I do believe there is life after death. I'm not sure exactly what I think hauntings and ghost sightings are, as I do not believe that your soul gets trapped on earth if you have unfinished business or anything like that.

I do not believe any "evidence" that shows up on a show like Ghost Adventures. Especially nowadays, with special effects and editing and stuff. It's just too easy to fake.
    I am so with you on this. I watch every episode for the thrill I guess. I don't believe in their evidence either. My husband just sits there and makes fun of me. lol

The only one that made me take notice was when they were in some old ammunition factory. They heard what sounded like a gunshot and then a scream. It was pretty chilling (again, though, easily faked).

I think most of the sounds they record are just animals scurrying around those old abandoned buildings. I mean, I live next to an abandoned house, and it's like a zoo here sometimes. Racoons, possums, stray cats, skunks...

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    The only one that made me take notice was when they were in some old ammunition factory. They heard what sounded like a gunshot and then a scream. It was pretty chilling (again, though, easily faked).

I think most of the sounds they record are just animals scurrying around those old abandoned buildings. I mean, I live next to an abandoned house, and it's like a zoo here sometimes. Racoons, possums, stray cats, skunks...
    How funny! I just watched that one today! I want to believe it's real but there are so many hoax's out there. I watch them all. Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, My Ghost Story... etc... LOL

I went on a "ghost hunt" in Moundsville, WV (really just thought it'd be cool to spend the night in a closed penitentiary). For what it's worth, the staff there said that TAPS and other shows have been there and asked them (staff) to fake shit. However, they had only good things to say about Zak, Aaron, Nick on Ghost Adventures - said they were very respectful and genuine.

I don't believe one way or the other.

Here is a thread regarding ghosts. I participated in a hunt a few years ago and posted a couple of pics.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ghlight=ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    not directly. but if and when i do it, its more like, asking for direction - "what would grandma do" and i just get a feeling of which direction to take.

personally i hate those medium people because I feel like most of them are garbage - "im getting an m... m.... for married, is someone married in your family" and then you end up filling in the blanks. My friend went to one a few times because an aunt that she was really close with passed away from cancer - and one medium told her that she passed peacefully, and the other told her that she was sending messages about how she suffered. It was a mind fuck and a half.
    Now I wanna go just for this.

"No. No. Still no. No, never happened. I don't know."
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information