Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Aww Miller, that's a great story.

After my dad passed away I used to have dreams about him playing his guitar and me singing with him. One of my regrets is that I didn't get the chance to sing with him before he died. I wish I could have more dreams like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Aww Miller, that's a great story.

After my dad passed away I used to have dreams about him playing his guitar and me singing with him. One of my regrets is that I didn't get the chance to sing with him before he died. I wish I could have more dreams like that.
    After my Dad passed away I had one experience. A candle holder, that was his, fell off of the TV and rolled over to me on the couch. There was no explanation as to how it could have happened. I just sighed and said "Go away Dad, I don't want you here." Nothing ever happened again.

My sister, however, had several experiences. They were much closer and she moved into his condo. She would smell him, things would move, she would hear things (foot steps), she would feel someone watching her, her animals would react to things, ect. He died of ALS and he went fast. I absolutely believe that he is still with my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post

A year after Amanda Berry disappeared in Cleveland, her mother appeared on "The Montel Williams Show" to speak to a psychic about what happened to her daughter.

Psychic Sylvia Browne, who has made a career of televised psychic readings, told Louwanna Miller on a 2004 episode of the show that her daughter was dead, causing Miller to break down in tears on the show's set.

"She's not alive, honey," Browne told Miller on the show, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper. "Your daughter's not the kind who wouldn't call."

Miller told the newspaper that she believed "98 percent" in what Browne told her. Miller died a year later from heart failure.

On Monday, Berry was found alive after she broke free from a home in Cleveland where she says she has been kept for the past decade.

more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-berr...ry?id=19126853
    Sylvia Browne is a joke. So, I am with J on this one. She tosses predictions out, ludicrous ones, and waves her long claws around like a lunatic. She is as phony as the come.

After Steve died, a whole onslaught of nightmares began. Non-sensicle ones, that usually had me finding out that he hasn't committed suicide after all, but had simple vanished from life for one reason or another. I was SO thankful he was found. What a disappointment when I'd wake up and realize it was all just a dream.....a stinking dream. A couple of years went by, and one night I had "THE" dream. He came to me, and we sat down on my parent's stoop. He started talking about something and I said "Steve, I need to talk to you.....really TALK to you. You need to come out of the dream, because I have to tell you so much. He said "okay", and motions that we sit down. I began telling him how horrid his family was treating me and the children, and how much it hurt us. I told him his family was blaming me for not "knowing" what Steve had in his mind. I was crying in the dream. And I remember he spoke to me, in a soft and steady voice, with an aura of a deep state of peace and pure joy, and I can hardly describe. He said, so kindly, "Oh, it was NOT your fault!" We kept on talking, but without saying another world, I got the strong sense that wherever he was, he knew no more pain. He knew a joy and fulfillment that he conveyed to me, with no dialogue necessary. I got a distinct assurance that wherever he was, he was not pining and missing us in the same way as we miss and grieved for him. Almost like his knowledge of the afterlife was all that was needed to relieve any earthly emotions and suffering that does not seem to be part of the next life. He told me he had to go. I begged him to come see me again....and I recall his exact answer. He said "Well, I will try my best, but you know, a lot of people are wanting visits from me, so it may be quite a while. And, true to his word, the little prick never did appear to me, again. LOL Now, he just jars my mattress for his thrills. I know he's there, and I'm comforted by the fact that he is.

My sister-in-law died 14 years ago of a brain tumor. She was 33. (my brother's wife) anyway, she came to me in a dream- or I dreamt that she came to me in a dream. The problem with my dreams is I'm WAY too with it. I'm fully aware that I'm dreaming and that she's there, in my dream. I have this problem with "visiting" dreams. I immediately ask, "What's it like?" .....and I never get any answers..... only smiles. I only get really BIG smiles. No talking. just smiles.
    My best friend died of cancer. The same thing happened. Just smiles. And when I saw her, I was ready to grill her about the afterlife.
    just smiles.
    Always leaves me feeling like I ask too many questions.....

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    Sylvia Browne is a joke. So, I am with J on this one. She tosses predictions out, ludicrous ones, and waves her long claws around like a lunatic. She is as phony as the come.
    They all are. She's just less vague and sneaky about it; ergo, she gets caught. I wonder women are so much more apt to fall for pseudosciences and paranormal.

Boo. Ladies, you've got work to do.

Surveys administered periodically even show increasing belief in pseudoscience. Of the 13 phenomena included in the 2001 Gallup survey, belief in 8 of them increased significantly during the past decade, and belief in only 1 (devil possession) declined. Belief in four of the phenomena, haunted houses, ghosts, communication with the dead, and witches, had double-digit percentage point increases. Movies like The Sixth Sense and The Blair Witch Project as well as the plethora of mediums on the small screen may have been fueling such beliefs. In most cases, more women than men believe in these types of pseudoscience.
    http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind02/c7/c7s5.htm
    Last edited by Artemis; 05-07-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    They all are. She's just less vague and sneaky about it; ergo, she gets caught. I wonder women are so much more apt to fall for pseudosciences and paranormal.

Boo. Ladies, you've got work to do.
    Yea, you don't really get a lot of guys asking about your sign and shit.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, you don't really get a lot of guys asking about your sign and shit.
    OMG. Once these girls know your birthday, they think they understand your entire personality based on that rubbish. I guarantee they couldn't even guess single, random person's birthday by simply observing their personality (the reverse), other than one here and there due to probability alone.
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    My sister-in-law died 14 years ago of a brain tumor. She was 33. (my brother's wife) anyway, she came to me in a dream- or I dreamt that she came to me in a dream. The problem with my dreams is I'm WAY too with it. I'm fully aware that I'm dreaming and that she's there, in my dream. I have this problem with "visiting" dreams. I immediately ask, "What's it like?" .....and I never get any answers..... only smiles. I only get really BIG smiles. No talking. just smiles.
    My best friend died of cancer. The same thing happened. Just smiles. And when I saw her, I was ready to grill her about the afterlife.
    just smiles.
    Always leaves me feeling like I ask too many questions.....
    I had a dream about a friend that died when I was a kid, in my dream I was trying to stop her fro leaving and getting in her accident, and then seeing her after she was dead in a casket. Both times she was just laughing at me. I chalked it up to me trying to figure out where she was and if she was okay, the laughter is what we hope to see on a basic level.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

OMG. Once these girls know your birthday, they think they understand your entire personality based on that rubbish. I guarantee they couldn't even guess single, random person's birthday by simply observing their personality (the reverse), other than one here and there due to probability alone.

For Artie:
    This is so true, we did this in high school psychology. Everybody was given a sheet to read, we were all told not to let the person sitting next to us read it because it was a private horoscope about us. After reading it we were asked to rate is accuracy from 1 to 10 with 10 being right on the money. The average score was 8/10. the teacher then asked us to pass it to the person sitting next to us, in doing so we learned that everybody was given exactly the same sheet. It proves that horoscopes are simply a collection of mostly positive and some negative statements that people find a way to integrate into their lives because they want to and need believe the bullshit to give their life purpose. 95% of people on this planet for some strange reason require bullshit in their life to feel complete, then there the rest of us with a brain! Ha Ha fucking horoscopes - what a crock of shit!

Ha! I am SOOO doing this!!!
    Last edited by Artemis; 05-07-2013 at 11:42 PM.

For Artie:
    This is so true, we did this in high school psychology. Everybody was given a sheet to read, we were all told not to let the person sitting next to us read it because it was a private horoscope about us. After reading it we were asked to rate is accuracy from 1 to 10 with 10 being right on the money. The average score was 8/10. the teacher then asked us to pass it to the person sitting next to us, in doing so we learned that everybody was given exactly the same sheet. It proves that horoscopes are simply a collection of mostly positive and some negative statements that people find a way to integrate into their lives because they want to and need believe the bullshit to give their life purpose. 95% of people on this planet for some strange reason require bullshit in their life to feel complete, then there the rest of us with a brain! Ha Ha fucking horoscopes - what a crock of shit!
    Yep. LOL. Wish I had that teacher. I mean it was based on the geocentric concept of the universe and taken over by evidence-based sciences such as astronomy and physics. This is common knowledge. :(

For Artie:
    I like to read my horoscope on occasion, usually at the end of the day or after it's applicable. Most of the time I laugh at the horoscope and tell it how full of shit it is.

I also got a fortune from a fortune cookie once that informed me I would be blessed with good health. I yelled out, in the restaurant (to which we were /are frequent patrons) "What kind of sick fucking joke is this shit!?" My friend and husband read it and couldn't stop laughing.

Ha! I am SOOO doing this!!!
    Haha it's funny cause I'm one of the people that would read it and most likely say "this is NOT me at all."

I mean they say Cancers are super emotional, and um,...yea, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I like to read my horoscope on occasion, usually at the end of the day or after it's applicable. Most of the time I laugh at the horoscope and tell it how full of shit it is.

I also got a fortune from a fortune cookie once that informed me I would be blessed with good health. I yelled out, in the restaurant (to which we were /are frequent patrons) "What kind of sick fucking joke is this shit!?" My friend and husband read it and couldn't stop laughing.
    That's the spirit.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 05-07-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post

That's cool it's just for fun. I read my fortune cookies. :)

Haha it's funny cause I'm one of the people that would read it and most likely read it and say "this is NOT me at all."

Haha it's funny cause I'm one of the people that would read it and most likely say "this is NOT me at all."

That's the spirit.
    That's also because horoscopes and fortune cookies are produced by generic random people who have no fucking clue what they're doing. There are people like sylvia whatsherfuck and madame cleo who need to be kicked in the taco. But I won't dare fuck with a Romani.
    Last edited by Miller22; 05-08-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: edited to replace for less offensive word

Way to make me feel nuts, J.
    I have that effect on women

Last edited by Artemis; 05-08-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    A post that gave you second thoughts? Ya I do that shit too.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

A post that gave you second thoughts? Ya I do that shit too.
    Haha. Yep. It was a little abrasive.

Please watch this you guys. It will show you why I am so skeptical. I honestly think some of you have no clue about cold reading.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 05-30-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Bullshit is a great show

I know. And I don't always agree with them. Makes me love it more.

i don't always agree with them either. but most of the time they make very valid points.

Thread Information