Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Last time I was in NOLA for Halloween weekend I was walking down this street outside my hotel and all of a sudden I got this feeling someone had rushed up on me and when I turned around there was nobody else even on the street. I kept walking and for the rest of the block I could actually feel something breathing on my neck later that night when I was coming back from the Howlin Wolf someone got shot outside my hotel. If my hotel had been farther down the block I would've been walking through the crowd where the dude got shot. I found out later from this chick staying a few rooms down from me what had happened, these 2 guys got into it one of them pulled a gun out shot in the air to scare him off just as a cop was walking by and they got into a shoot out where some random bystander got hit.
    I've always wanted to go to NOLA because I've heard if anywhere is haunted it's there. A couple of friends of mine went and stayed at an old hotel that was supposedly haunted. While they were waiting for the elevator, a mirror busted beside them for no reason. Creepy AF.

It's on my bucket list for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I've always wanted to go to NOLA because I've heard if anywhere is haunted it's there. A couple of friends of mine went and stayed at an old hotel that was supposedly haunted. While they were waiting for the elevator, a mirror busted beside them for no reason. Creepy AF.

It's on my bucket list for sure.
    Dude, go whenever the House Of Shock is running. It's by far the best haunted house I've ever been to.
    http://www.houseofshock.com/
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Dude, go whenever the House Of Shock is running. It's by far the best haunted house I've ever been to.
    http://www.houseofshock.com/
    Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Attachment 5192Caught many pics of Orbs in the woods near my house over the summer. Shot with a Nikon d700 and 28-300mm lens so this wasn't dust, noise etc as I have many pics WIITHOUT them taken seconds before or after. I sent them to Va Paranormal Society who confirmed they were "perfect Orbs" (confirmed it as much as they can through email or without being here and making sure it's not fabricated or edited etc....) They'd like to come investigate but it isn't my land to invite them on but it is very close to the area of the Draper Indian Massacre and murder of Col. James Patton.

Never scary down there but very interesting.
    Or there was just light reflecting back off of things you didn't notice.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Or there was just light reflecting back off of things you didn't notice.
    Ok I'll post more then. You do realize I've been a professional photographer in business for over 10 years, right? This is one of many

Hold a sec and I'll show you my daughter playing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

My daughter thought it was fun. Couldn't see anything with naked eye but could in photos. This one big one followed us through the woods and shows up in many pics. The entrance/fork seems to be the most energy. She played and I snapped and this cool blast went through and I caught her face. We were there to catch orbs, not for a portrait session as I had felt something and caught a couple testing out the afternoon light 2 days before
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 10-25-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

The last image was shot a different night than the previous ones when it was only my son and I. Not much showed up in photos so I said if they let me get one shot we'd leave and that's what came with the next (and last) click

The last image was shot a different night than the previous ones when it was only my son and I. Not much showed up in photos so I said if they let me get one shot we'd leave and that's what came with the next (and last) click
    Those are super creepy. It looks like something out of a horror movie. If you live near there you should move.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Those are super creepy. It looks like something out of a horror movie. If you live near there you should move.
    Lol we walk down there.

Ok I'll post more then. You do realize I've been a professional photographer in business for over 10 years, right? This is one of many

Hold a sec and I'll show you my daughter playing.
    yes, I am aware of you being a photographer. That was the point. I was just fucking with you. Come on now. You should be able to tell when I am being a dick in jest or when I am being a dick for real by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Thanks for the tip!
    Well at least I got to go once

In a Facebook post near midnight on Friday (Oct. 27), the management of the House of Shock declared that 2017 will be the last year for the notorious Halloween attraction in Jefferson.

"This is our final farewell!" the post announced. "The House of Shock is celebrating our 25th anniversary and with that we are announcing this year is to be our last! We have had a good run and prefer to go out on top..."

Ross Karpelman, spokesman for House of Shock, said that 2017 has been a tough year for the beloved macabre maze. Hurricane Nate may have skirted New Orleans, Karpelman said, but it still put a damper on the first weekend of October. Plus, Karpelman said, he became ill at the start of the season and has missed a few of the pyrotechnic opening performances in which he plays the devil.

But, Karpelman said, he and his partners Steve Joseph and Jay Gracianette had decided to call it quits before the 25th season began. House of Shock fans will recall that the partners announced the end of the haunted house in 2014, citing the economic instability of the seasonal attraction. But they rebounded by the next season.

The House of Shock, Karpelman said, "has never really been a business, it's been a social club."
    http://www.nola.com/festivals/index....ling_it_q.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Shock
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Remember "Dear David"? Here's some creepy updates on it with pictures now:

https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/d...book_peoplemag

I thought of this thread when I ran across this article.

https://www.bankrate.com/finance/rea...ted-house.aspx

How do you sell a haunted house? The answers might scare you

YES! I've always been a skeptic but wanted to believe until I took the night ghost tour of the concert hall at The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO. I had experiences there that were life changing: I heard a female's voice whisper in my ear when I was alone in the dark, saw two doors shut on their own, saw the clear, full-bodied shadow apparition of a man that was walking across the stage and got to roll a ball back and forth to the ghost of a child; You could ask it to roll the ball back in a certain pattern and it would! My town actually has a haunted Walmart that sits on the former site of an orphanage that was destroyed during the big 1900 storm--Almost all of the children died--If you sit in the toy department long enough a toy will light up on its own or fall off the shelf. I would love to travel to some more paranormal hotspots when my kids are off to college someday--The top of my list includes The Queen Mary, The Villisca Axe Murder House, The Myrtles Plantation and The Trans Alleghany Lunatic Asylum.

I actually just read something about deaths in houses so I can sort of answer: Not necessarily! Most of the time there's just a cleaning crew that comes in and sanitizes everything(after any needed investigation of course) and they re-model as needed. In fact it fully depends on what state you're in. In fact most states, examples being Massachusetts, Oregon, Wisconsin, among others, you don't have to disclose that Anything happened in a house at all, so a lot of people have no clue they're even living in a house where a tragedy occurred. In these states it's legally the potential tenants' responsibility to find out those kinds of details.

Quote Originally Posted by RottenBoy View Post
    I actually just read something about deaths in houses so I can sort of answer: Not necessarily! Most of the time there's just a cleaning crew that comes in and sanitizes everything(after any needed investigation of course) and they re-model as needed. In fact it fully depends on what state you're in. In fact most states, examples being Massachusetts, Oregon, Wisconsin, among others, you don't have to disclose that Anything happened in a house at all, so a lot of people have no clue they're even living in a house where a tragedy occurred. In these states it's legally the potential tenants' responsibility to find out those kinds of details.
    I'm pretty sure my house is haunted

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RottenBoy View Post
    This is what they did with the house where my brother killed the guy.

I'm pretty sure my house is haunted
    Go on.........

This is what they did with the house where my brother killed the guy.

Go on.........
    I always hear weird noises. And the light in the living room always flickers - it will dim like it's about to go out and then come all the way back on.

The other morning I was waking up, and it felt like someone was laying on top of me, couldn't move or fully wake up, I was fighting to. Then I felt this WOOSH and it was gone. SO weird and creepy!

Plus, I will be the only one home and I will hear a loud noise like something crashing to the floor. Random things will just fall for no reason, in a room where no one is

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I always hear weird noises. And the light in the living room always flickers - it will dim like it's about to go out and then come all the way back on.

The other morning I was waking up, and it felt like someone was laying on top of me, couldn't move or fully wake up, I was fighting to. Then I felt this WOOSH and it was gone. SO weird and creepy!

Plus, I will be the only one home and I will hear a loud noise like something crashing to the floor. Random things will just fall for no reason, in a room where no one is
    WHOA. Do you know the history of your house? There is a website where you can find out if people died there. You have to pay for the report. I would be totally freaked out. I would be gone!

WHOA. Do you know the history of your house? There is a website where you can find out if people died there. You have to pay for the report. I would be totally freaked out. I would be gone!
    What website is that? If it's not too much money it may be worth it to find out.

I always try to find a logical explanation so I don't freak out too much. Like the other day I was in my bedroom, no one was at home, and I hear a loud noise like something fell (it came from the kitchen or living room area) and I was so scared I almost didn't want to leave my bedroom, but curiosity got the best of me. My husband had a large toolbox in the kitchen and one of the handles had broken off and was laying on the floor. I figured that must've been the noise, but it just fell off? Possible, but strange...

Whenever I hear a strange noise I think, "OMG there's an intruder in my house!" so I guess a ghost is better than that

What website is that? If it's not too much money it may be worth it to find out.

I always try to find a logical explanation so I don't freak out too much. Like the other day I was in my bedroom, no one was at home, and I hear a loud noise like something fell (it came from the kitchen or living room area) and I was so scared I almost didn't want to leave my bedroom, but curiosity got the best of me. My husband had a large toolbox in the kitchen and one of the handles had broken off and was laying on the floor. I figured that must've been the noise, but it just fell off? Possible, but strange...

Whenever I hear a strange noise I think, "OMG there's an intruder in my house!" so I guess a ghost is better than that
    Um, I think I would take an intruder over a ghost. At least it's over and done with after they leave.

https://www.diedinhouse.com/

Okay I went ahead and did it. No one died at my house, well at least there was no record of it...lol. It found that 3 people associated with the house in the past died but they couldn't confirm where they died:

* GLADYS STOCKTON died 01/09/1993 but DiedinHouse.com can not identify the location of death.
    * JAMIKA PRASAD died 01/16/2005 but DiedinHouse.com can not identify the location of death. No additional info available on this death.
    * MICHAEL PHILLIPS died 07/18/2012 but DiedinHouse.com can not identify the location of death.

The site did give me this little bit of info also to help me feel better:

Meth Lab Information
    DiedinHouse.com does NOT have any records of this property being used as a Clandestine Laboratory (Meth Lab).

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Okay I went ahead and did it. No one died at my house, well at least there was no record of it...lol. It found that 3 people associated with the house in the past died but they couldn't confirm where they died:

* GLADYS STOCKTON died 01/09/1993 but DiedinHouse.com can not identify the location of death.
    * JAMIKA PRASAD died 01/16/2005 but DiedinHouse.com can not identify the location of death. No additional info available on this death.
    * MICHAEL PHILLIPS died 07/18/2012 but DiedinHouse.com can not identify the location of death.

Meth Lab Information
    DiedinHouse.com does NOT have any records of this property being used as a Clandestine Laboratory (Meth Lab).

It is good to know your house was not a meth lab in the past.

Meth Lab Information

Back in the housing crash of 2008 and afterwards there were TONS of meth houses and they were bad. People were snatching up foreclosures and then finding out that the houses were pretty much unlivable because of leftover meth on the walls, floors, etc. It cost a ton of money to get it out, if they could even get it out. So glad you don't have that. As far as the ghosts, is it on an ancient Indian burial ground?

Also, how much did the report cost, I am curious?

The part about feeling like someone was on top of you in bed really freaked me out! I was reading your post to my husband and he was like "whatever" until I go to that part, then he was like "yep, it's haunted".

Back in the housing crash of 2008 and afterwards there were TONS of meth houses and they were bad. People were snatching up foreclosures and then finding out that the houses were pretty much unlivable because of leftover meth on the walls, floors, etc. It cost a ton of money to get it out, if they could even get it out. So glad you don't have that. As far as the ghosts, is it on an ancient Indian burial ground?

Also, how much did the report cost, I am curious?

The part about feeling like someone was on top of you in bed really freaked me out! I was reading your post to my husband and he was like "whatever" until I go to that part, then he was like "yep, it's haunted".
    It was $11.99 for a one time search. You can buy multiple searches and save money, which I wish I would've done because now I want to look up my work address.

Thread Information