Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
When my brother was very young (infant), my mom had him in a crib in the living room of the house we grew up in (my parents bought the house from my moms uncle). My dad was in the front yard working on something, and my mom was washing dishes, watching my dad out the kitchen window. My mom felt someone walk up behind her, and put his (she thought it was my dad, it was very firm) hands on her shoulders and press down slightly, (as if you were comforting someone). She remembers feeling very reassured, but then She looked up, saw my dad still outside, and screamed. She turned around and no one was in the house. My dad came running in, to see WTF was going on, and my mom was freaking out. Before they could calm her down, the phone rang. Her cousin, who grew up in our house , had been killed in viet nam, and they'd just notified our family. They were close in age, and raised next door to each other. She thinks he was trying to cushion the blow, by letting her know he was still here.

She still talks to him periodically, when things happen in the house.
That's cray/awesome. I have no choice but to believe in ghosts. Too many things have happened within my own life for me to deny them.

My uncle died from jumping out of his bathroom window. He was a diagnosed schizophrenic, but did everything he could to keep it contained.. He was the best man/husband/father I've ever known regardless of his demons. He used to watch my brother when he was a baby a lot. And then my cousins son when he was born. He was great with small kids.
Well, after he died the family went to Hilton Head like we did every year, and went to his favorite italian restaurant for his memory. My brother (2yrs at the time) started talking to the corner of the wall and when we asked him who he was talking to he said "Uncle Michael, he's right there." ...that made the dinner table quiet.
Then about 6mos-1yr after that, my brother and my cousins son were playing at my aunt's house (where he died) when a bunch of the family was over. The kids came running into the kitchen screaming crying that they saw Uncle Michael, but that he looked like a monster. We asked him what they were talking about, and they said all the side of his face and body was messed up. (They were 2-3yrs old. they had no idea how he died.)

It seemed like he came around when the family was all together. He loved family events. And it makes sense that he channeled through those two. Unfortunately after that, there were no more experiences with him. I'm afraid that maybe the kids reaction to the latest sighting "put him into hiding". (He was a very quiet, meek and humble type.) That was about 14-15yrs ago now.

<3 I miss him every day. I hope he found peace on the other side, or in another life.