Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do you believe in ghosts?

Anyone have any experiences with hauntings or anything paranormal? I think there was a thread here somewhere but I can't find it.
    Happy Pre-Halloween:-)

When we moved to this house about 8 years ago,we noticed lots of strange things.The lights dim and they are not even on dimmer switches,the phone rings all the time and no number shows up, our front door shuts by itself,the t.v turns off and we have had at least three different ones.My daughter noticed right away she would have been around 5 or 6,so I told her it was just her grandpa playing tricks and having fun with us because he misses us.So now every time one of these things happens she just starts talking to him like he is in the room.I love it.

That's creepy! I'm glad your little one isn't scared by the activity.

Who knows? It might really be her grandpa:-).
    I think those "little things" with the tv and the lights would scare me more than , say, something falling off a shelf across the room or something,
    because it's more subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by happy phantom View Post
    That's creepy! I'm glad your little one isn't scared by the activity.

Who knows? It might really be her grandpa:-).
    I think those "little things" with the tv and the lights would scare me more than , say, something falling off a shelf across the room or something,
    because it's more subtle.
    Yesterday she came home from getting some stuff at walmart and the door slammed behind her and caught on of her bags, she looked at me laughing and said "So I guess grandpa didn't much like Walmart".
    sorry for the double post.

i saw a man that was wearing my dad's shirt hanging from a rope in the hallway of my childhood house. i knew it wasn't my dad bc he was talking to my sister in the living room. i was like 7 or 8. i told my mom about it the next morning and she said she has seen the man several times.

one time i got up to use the bathroom and i thought i little brother was up too, trying to turn on the bathroom light, but could not reach it. i know i saw him. so i told him "let me get that for you" and turned it on for him and turned around so he could use the bathroom (door open, we were little). i heard nothing, turned around, he wasn't there. went to his room and he was sound asleep.

the house where my sister and her then husband lived, the people who lived there before were a husband and wife with their 12-year-old kid. the kid got mad one day at the father for beating the mom up, and pulled out a rifle. the father ran outside and the boy shot and killed him as the father was running away. anyway, my sis and then brother-in-law went to see his mom who lived down the street, like maybe 15 houses away. so i stayed at the house while they went, bc it was not going to take long. in their kitchen, they had tile countertops. i kept hearing like a coffeecup being placed on the countertop. over and over and over again. i freaked out the last time i heard it and grabbed the keys and drove over to where they were and told them what i heard. my then brother-in-law told me he's always heard shit and thought the house was haunted.

not sure if it was a ghost or an angel, but mason saw something about 4 years ago when we were living in houston. he was sleeping with my husband and started to cry. then his crying got harder and he started freaking out like something was grabbing him. marty brought him to me and he was freaking out and kept looking around behind him and on the floor. just hysterical. we turned on the lights bc we were pretty sure there was a ghost there. anyway, it was about 4:30 in the morning, so me and marty tried to get back to sleep with the lights on, but mase was still shook up. he then started telling us it was a "big butterfly" and that it was looking at him and had touched my husband and was trying to touch him. we think the "butterfly" was an angel bc he didn't know what an angel was at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I don't have any experiences myself, but the rest of my family does. Weird. Lol.
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

There is no such thing as a ghost.

This area was used as the clinic when this wing of the prison was in operation. Now it's a storage area, apparently for mostly toilets.

It was actually pitch dark when I took this pic, but the flash makes it look light. All the lights are lit up.

Another pic of equipment lighting up

My niece told me a few weeks ago that she "sees" people. She says she can't see them clearly, but they look like shadows. She feels like there is a man who follows her. I asked her how long this has been going on and she said her whole life. She's six. She told me that he rides in the trunk of the car and sits on the school bus with her.

I've done a couple of paranormal investigations. One at a bookstore and one at the Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield, Ohio. I was involved in ghost tours for a small city last year, which included tours of the bookstore. There was some activity during some of the tours. It was pretty cool. When I did the OSR, there was activity before night fell. We had the prison to ourselves the entire night. Crazy shit went down. The most impressive was when a group of us went up into the hall outside of the warden's office (remember Shawshank Redemption? It was filmed here) and sat down. I had just sat down on the floor when I heard a growl. There was a lot of shuffling going on because everyone was starting to sit on the floor. I asked if anyone heard it and someone said they thought it was just the noise of everyone moving. We sat there for 45 minutes without anything happening. One guy says something about us leaving and the spirit being a douche for not giving us anything. All of a sudden ALL of us hear this god awful noise. I told them it sounded like that growl again, only louder and longer. We stayed for a few more minutes to see if we could get anything else. Nothing. Went went down to the basement to listen to the recordings. It was a hair raising growl that lasted for 8 seconds.
    Another incident that night was one guy telling me how to use a piece of equipment. It was a headphone set that recorded in real time. Well, it had a 10 second delay. We were getting ready to leave (we were in the church area) and I hear this scream on the recording. I ask everyone else if they heard it and they said no. We try to rewind it to listen to it then and the batteries died. We go down in the basement to check the recording out. You can hear the guy instructing me on how to use the equipment and discussing moving on to another room. Then you hear 'aaaaaahhhhhh' and me asking if they heard it. Them saying no. You can clearly hear the scream on the recorder.
    There was another recording in solitary confinement where I could hear deep breathing, wearing the headset, but the other investigator could not hear it. There was a cell used for filming of Shawshank that we were using a talk box in front of. The voice that came over it described my clothing and wanted me inside the cell with the door closed. I did it and they couldn't get the door back open. They had to go down to the very end of the cell block and do something to the master door thingy.
    There were other things that happened, but these were the funnest. I have some pics I can share. I will have to look for them.

I don't believe in anything. Anything. The only thing I believe in is that I'm going to have to pee when I wake up in the morning.

When my husband was gone to basic training, I was living with my Gramps. I was sleeping in his extra bedroom and I had such a vivid dream that I knew I had to wake myself up and write everything down before I forgot what I dreamed about. I dreamed that my Great-Grandpa (my Nan's dad) had visited me. He knew he was dead, and I know this because he told me that he didn't have a lot of time to spend with me but he had something important that he really needed to talk to me about. I was just as I was in present time. I was 18 years old, newly married, in college, etc. In the first part of the dream, I walked with him through an old two-story house. I can remember stepping over a gate (like a wooden baby gate) and I can remember him looking back at me and telling me to "be careful".
    After he showed me the house, we went onto the front porch of the house and he sat down in an old black wrought-iron chair. He was a small man, but he asked me to sit on his lap as he patted his knee and so I did. He was rubbing my back, telling me how proud he was of me. He kept apologizing and talking about his disappointment with our family (my maternal side). He said that everything was so messed up and that he was so disappointed in how things had been going. I can still remember the sadness and shame he expressed when he spoke of this. He kept reiterating how proud he was of me and how everything was going to be okay. He hugged me so tight and told me he had to leave, but he kept assuring me that everything was going to get better. I stood up from his knee, he got up, and then I woke up.

When I woke up, I was crying so hard that my body was involuntarily sobbing. I called my Nan and told her about everything, and she started crying because she knows I would've never and could've never made anything like that up. I have goosies as I type this and my eyes are welling up. It was and still is the strangest thing. I feel so ridiculous saying this, but I think that my Great-Grandpa visited me and I think that he just wanted to reassure me. He died when I was 13 months old and I had no reason to be thinking of that man at anytime in my life, especially around that period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    I don't believe in anything. Anything. The only thing I believe in is that I'm going to have to pee when I wake up in the morning.

When my husband was gone to basic training, I was living with my Gramps. I was sleeping in his extra bedroom and I had such a vivid dream that I knew I had to wake myself up and write everything down before I forgot what I dreamed about. I dreamed that my Great-Grandpa (my Nan's dad) had visited me. He knew he was dead, and I know this because he told me that he didn't have a lot of time to spend with me but he had something important that he really needed to talk to me about. I was just as I was in present time. I was 18 years old, newly married, in college, etc. In the first part of the dream, I walked with him through an old two-story house. I can remember stepping over a gate (like a wooden baby gate) and I can remember him looking back at me and telling me to "be careful".
    After he showed me the house, we went onto the front porch of the house and he sat down in an old black wrought-iron chair. He was a small man, but he asked me to sit on his lap as he patted his knee and so I did. He was rubbing my back, telling me how proud he was of me. He kept apologizing and talking about his disappointment with our family (my maternal side). He said that everything was so messed up and that he was so disappointed in how things had been going. I can still remember the sadness and shame he expressed when he spoke of this. He kept reiterating how proud he was of me and how everything was going to be okay. He hugged me so tight and told me he had to leave, but he kept assuring me that everything was going to get better. I stood up from his knee, he got up, and then I woke up.

When I woke up, I was crying so hard that my body was involuntarily sobbing. I called my Nan and told her about everything, and she started crying because she knows I would've never and could've never made anything like that up. I have goosies as I type this and my eyes are welling up. It was and still is the strangest thing. I feel so ridiculous saying this, but I think that my Great-Grandpa visited me and I think that he just wanted to reassure me. He died when I was 13 months old and I had no reason to be thinking of that man at anytime in my life, especially around that period of time.

That's awesome. I totally believe in that stuff. I've never had an experience directly, but my mom did. and she REALLY doesn't believe, we still barely talk about it to this day. I was like 11 and woke up from a bad dream, I went into my mom and dads room because I used to just tell my mom about the dream and that would help me go back to sleep in my own room. So I walked in to tell her about it, it was like 3:25am, and she was sitting up in bed WIDE awake. It freaked me out. She was staring at the foot of the bed and I just went over and talked to her for like 5 minutes, then went back to bed. The next morning at like 10am, the phone rang, my dad went to get it and before he even picked up the phone my mom looked at me and said "Your Aunt Marnie died last night". sure enough, that was the phone call that dad got, and my mom knew it because when I came in the room the night before she was seeing Marnie telling her goodbye. My mom and my aunt were VERY close. It was crazy. We still don't talk about that. Ever.

I don't believe in anything. However, in light of the thread and all, there are some creepy places I hope to visit.

The catacombs of Paris decorated with human skulls, femurs, etc. There is one catacomb in the Ukraine (I think?) that has a chandelier made from every bone in the human body. Real human bones from dead peeps. Who needs ghosts with that shit.

Dog suicide bridge (Overtoun House). There is a bridge in Scotland where dogs plummet to their deaths in unusually large numbers. Hokum and poppycock fans believe it's haunted, but the reality is that there is a very thick, short guard rail (brick wall) in which they cannot see over, so they do not know death will ensue. There also is a large mink population right below with extremely smelly pee. The dogs smell it and want to hunt the mink.

And then there's this suicide forest in Japan. It was featureed in a popular Japanese novel and suicide is a thing in Japan. After the book, people chose said forest to hang themselves. They now do yearly "sweeps" for bodies and found 70 something one year. 54 in 2010. People also go and scrounge the pockets of the dead peeps for monies and jewelry.

These were mentioned in a recent Cracked article and then tonight on NPR.
    Last edited by Artemis; 10-29-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I don't believe in anything. However, in light of the thread and all, there are some creepy places I hope to visit.

The catacombs of Paris decorated with human skulls, femurs, etc. There is one catacomb in Ukrania (I think?) that has a chandelier made from every bone in the human body. Real human bones from dead peeps. Who needs ghosts with that shit.

Dog suicide bridge (Overtoun House). There is a bridge in Scotland where dogs plummet to their deaths in unusually large numbers. Hokum and poppycock fans believe it's haunted, but the reality is that there is a very thick, short guard rail (brick wall) in which they cannot see over, so they do not know death will ensue. There also is a large mink population right below with extremely smelly pee. The dogs smell it and want to hunt the mink.

And then there's this suicide forest in Japan. It was featureed in a popular Japanese novel and suicide is a thing in Japan. After the book, people chose said forest to hang themselves. They now do yearly "sweeps" for bodies and found 70 something one year. 54 in 2010. People also go and scrounge the pockets of the dead peeps for monies and jewelry.

These were mentioned in a recent Cracked article and then tonight on NPR.
    Oh my, I had never heard of this until now. Thanks Artemis, now I have something to do today!

Quote Originally Posted by missbad View Post
    Oh my, I had never heard of this until now. Thanks Artemis, now I have something to do today!
    You're welcome! It's so very interesting!
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

I think I saw something on the suicide forest. It was pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I think I saw something on the suicide forest. It was pretty interesting.
    There is such crazy shit out there. The Roman Dead Baby Sewers, Snake Island, where one of the most venomous snakes in the world can be found every square meter (humans do not inhabit and it's guarded by Brazilian military). Fucking fascinating shit.

There is such crazy shit out there. The Roman Dead Baby Sewers, Snake Island, where one of the most venomous snakes in the world can be found every square meter (humans do not inhabit and it's guarded by Brazilian military). Fucking fascinating shit.
    I like reading/watching about that kind of stuff.

Suicide Forest!!

I am slightly fascinated by this place. It's so fucking beautiful, it's really sad to think so many people go there to end their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Suicide Forest!!

I am slightly fascinated by this place. It's so fucking beautiful, it's really sad to think so many people go there to end their lives.
    That is exactly what i was thinking when I watched it too. Now I have another place to put on my list.

I've read through this whole forum, and I loved reading every one of your experiences. Crazy and fascinating stuff!

Suicide Forest!!

Japan is #3 on my list of places to visit next, but I think it has now just moved up a notch...

Thank you for posting that video. Wow. Just wow at the skeleton with the shoes still on it. Sad.

Thank you for posting that video. Wow. Just wow at the skeleton with the shoes still on it. Sad.
    yeah, that was pretty sad to see. he said he didn't understand why people go to that forest to commit suicide. i think maybe bc of the hype it has gotten, thats why people go there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    yeah, that was pretty sad to see. he said he didn't understand why people go to that forest to commit suicide. i think maybe bc of the hype it has gotten, thats why people go there?
    I think it's a couple of things, it's private. And it's beautiful. The Japanese have a lot of pride, and I can see why going there would be a romantic choice for them. I'd say it's slightly like the Golden Gate with their suicides.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I think it's a couple of things, it's private. And it's beautiful. The Japanese have a lot of pride, and I can see why going there would be a romantic choice for them. I'd say it's slightly like the Golden Gate with their suicides.
    Yes. This is what I was thinking, especially the Golden Gate part. And the novel really romanticized the forest. This all started after the novel was written. Have you ever seen the documentary "The Bridge". It's about the many suicides that occur at the GG Bridge. It's pretty grim. There was a camera set up to record and all that. I probably heard about it on MDS, actually.

Thread Information