Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanny Yoselyn Ortega (50), stabbed Lulu (6) and Leo (2) Krim to death and put their bodies in a bathtub

Nanny rage before kid slayings
    Tells cops of housework gripes vs. caring family

They bent over backwards for their nanny, and she repaid them in blood.

The parents of two butchered Upper West Side kids asked their financially strapped nanny to do simple housework as a way to earn more money — but all that did was enrage the woman, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

“She said something like, ‘I’m paid to watch the children, not clean up and do housework,’ ” a law-enforcement source said of Yoselyn Ortega’s statements to cops after she woke up from a medically induced coma Sunday.

“There was friction between her and the family.”

In Ortega’s brief statement to police, she said her employers had arranged to give her an extra five hours a week in housekeeping work to help her make more money, law-enforcement sources said.

But she griped that the new schedule interfered with her doctor’s appointments. “They were asking her to clean, to do housework. She was unhappy about that,” the source added.

And her work was suffering.

Marina and Kevin Krim were concerned about Ortega’s job performance in the month before the Oct. 25 murders and told the nanny they trusted like family that she had to improve or they would need to replace her, sources said.

“She was told that if she didn’t improve her work, she would be let go,” a law-enforcement source said.

The woman also asked cops about her own family after waking from the coma, but not Lucia, 6, and Leo, 2, whom she is accused of slaughtering, sources have said. Ortega, 50, fell back under sedation before she could be interviewed further, and soon after the family contacted a defense lawyer.

Ortega cared for the children for two years and became so close with the Krims, they brought her on a family vacation to her native Dominican Republic.

The family stayed with Ortega’s sister, Miladys, in Santiago and they even talked about buying a home there. And Ortega treated the children as if they were her own, neighbors and relatives said. Her son, Jesus, 17, felt like a brother to them.

Miladys Ortega said her sister gave no indication that anything was wrong when they spoke days before the massacre.

But the nanny’s neighbors said the woman had appeared gaunt and troubled in the weeks leading up to the killings, and sources said she was struggling with money issues.

She also told people she planned to see a psychologist, cops said, though it’s not clear if she ever did so.

The day of the murders, Marina Krim and her surviving daughter, Nessie, 3, had planned to meet Ortega and the other two kids at a nearby dance class around 5 p.m., but the nanny never showed up.

Marina came back to the luxury West 75th Street apartment in the La Rochelle building and found her children slashed to death in the bathtub. The nanny, who had slit her wrists, then plunged a kitchen knife into her own neck as the horrified mother walked into the grisly scene, cops said.

Ortega stabbed herself with such force that she fractured a vertebra in her neck.

Ortega has not yet been charged in the killings, though she is expected to eventually be arraigned from her hospital bed.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/n...RrN1plERsNaMjL

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    “There was friction between her and the family.”

Understatement?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    [B]The woman also asked cops about her own family after waking from the coma, but not Lucia, 6, and Leo, 2, whom she is accused of slaughtering, sources have said.
    Fucking. Bitch.

I hope she rots.

I suspect that there was a lot of simmering resentment. Wealthy people fail to realize how patronizing they can seem to people who have nothing.

But this woman is a fucking psycho.

I suspect that there was a lot of simmering resentment. Wealthy people fail to realize how patronizing they can seem to people who have nothing.

But this woman is a fucking psycho.
    Yea, I don't think this happened cause they constantly forgot to pay her on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, I don't think this happened cause they constantly forgot to pay her on time.
    No. It definitely didn't.

However, part of the issue was undoubtably the fact that this woman resented that these people pretended to relate to her situation while never struggling, and thought offering her money to do something she probably found demeaning just underlined how out of touch they were. It's hard for people who are really struggling to understand when privileged classes are like 'well, I could just help you out but don't you want to EARN IT? Jump, puppy! Jump!'

Not that they owed her anything, either. just that this was probably part of her mindset. Still had NOTHING to do with the kids. For fuck's sake, steal some shit and sell it or something.

No. It definitely didn't.

However, part of the issue was undoubtably the fact that this woman resented that these people pretended to relate to her situation while never struggling, and thought offering her money to do something she probably found demeaning just underlined how out of touch they were. It's hard for people who are really struggling to understand when privileged classes are like 'well, I could just help you out but don't you want to EARN IT? Jump, puppy! Jump!'

Not that they owed her anything, either. just that this was probably part of her mindset. Still had NOTHING to do with the kids. For fuck's sake, steal some shit and sell it or something.
    Do you think their treatment of her was some type of catalyst? I think she's just batshit and "cause gravy" is the best answer you're gonna get out of her.

Would have happened with any family. Hell, with all the traveling t DR and shit I'm guessing they probably postponed this a little bit.

Do you think their treatment of her was some type of catalyst? I think she's just batshit and "cause gravy" is the best answer you're gonna get out of her.

Would have happened with any family. Hell, with all the traveling t DR and shit I'm guessing they probably postponed this a little bit.
    I don't think it was a catalyst, I think it's just a pretty standard gripe servants, which is what she was, have with the wealthy people they work for. And then you add a dash of fucking insane and the result is overboard.

I am not hugely enthusiastic about nannies but also think they're a necessity, but I think families need to remember that no matter how attached they think they are, they are not. They are employees. They do not feel that love and devotion. There is no such thing as a mamie or a Mary Poppins.

I hope we get to hear what she tells LE. Something tells me she will have 'no memory' of the events.

"Ortega's niece, Katherine Garcia, said her aunt had been acting differently in recent months, had lost weight and was nervous, but she insisted she loved the Krim children.*

Friends said she was struggling financially and had lost her apartment in the Bronx. Investigations are continuing into reports she was under the care of a psychologist."
    http://mobile.globalpost.com/dispatc...ad-do-housewor

I don't care what her excuses were. How can you plunge a knife into a child??? They were just babies.

I'm depressed and struggling financially. I think I'll murder these children.

Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    I'm depressed and struggling financially. I think I'll murder these children.

Makes sense.
    Seriously, she should have tried to sell them on the black market first.

I'm sticking with my "cause gravy" theory.

A nanny who New York police allege stabbed to death two children in her care before trying to kill herself has been charged with murder.

Yoselyn Ortega had recovered from her wounds enough by Saturday to be interviewed by police in her hospital bed at Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center, officials said.

After the interview, she was formally charged with two counts each of first- and second-degree murder.

A department spokesman was unable to say whether Ortega had a lawyer.

Advertisement Police say that on the evening of October 25, while the children's mother was out with a third child, Ortega repeatedly stabbed six-year-old Lucia Krim and her two-year-old brother, Leo.

When their mother, Marina Krim, returned with her three-year-old daughter, she found their bodies in the bathtub, with Ortega lying on the bathroom floor with stab wounds to her neck. A kitchen knife was nearby.

The children's father, CNBC digital media executive Kevin Krim, had been away on a business trip when the killings occurred.

The couple's apartment building sits in one of the city's most idyllic neighbourhoods, a block from Central Park.

Some of Ortega's friends and relatives said she appeared to be struggling emotionally and financially recently, but they still couldn't believe she could have committed such a heinous act.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/ny-nanny...#ixzz2BI8DCNad

Cause beans.

potatoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Cause beans.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    potatoes.
    I honestly didn't consider either of these possibilities. Hmmm, I have to rethink my previous stance.

Sometimes there are just no words and for me this story is one of them. It pisses me off as much as it breaks my heart. From reading some of these quotes and if they are truely things this woman said, she will never ever ever accept responsibility for this. These people's lives are destroyed. This "woman" is just scum.

Nanny Charged in Fatal Stabbings Resented Her Employers, Law Enforcement Official Says

The nanny charged with stabbing to death two children she cared for on the Upper West Side of Manhattan told detectives that she had resentment toward the family, who she complained were always telling her what to do, a law enforcement official said this week.

The nanny, Yoselyn Ortega, 50, was interviewed in her hospital bed on Saturday by detectives at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, the police have said.

Ms. Ortega was charged hours later with fatally stabbing the children, Lucia Krim, 6, and Leo Krim, 2, in a bathroom in the family’s apartment last month shortly before their mother, Marina Krim, returned from a swimming lesson with her other young daughter.

Ms. Ortega waived her right to have a lawyer present during questioning, the official said, although she did not confess to the killings.

She told the detectives, “Marina knows what happened,” the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case, said Sunday.

The police have said that Ms. Krim walked into the bathroom to find Ms. Ortega stabbing herself in the throat, with the dying children bleeding in the bathtub.

The official said that Ms. Ortega was not medicated but that she seemed “spacey.”

The official said that while the Krim family did not have problems with Ms. Ortega and seemed to live an idyllic life, Ms. Ortega, based on what she told the investigators, had a different view.

“She had resentment towards the parents” and said “they were always telling her what to do,” the official said.

Ms. Ortega was charged with first-degree murder in the killings. It was not clear when she would be arraigned or whether she had a lawyer.

The killings of the two young children sent a chill through New York City because they took place in a luxury apartment building a block from Central Park in a neighborhood where nannies are woven into the fabric of family life. In the days afterward, investigators and those closest to Ms. Ortega and the Krim family were at a loss to provide an explanation for the violence.

That was in part because investigators could not question Ms. Ortega because of the serious nature of her self-inflicted injuries. But also the relationship between Ms. Ortega and the family that had employed her for about two years gave no hint of the kind of discord or anger that would precipitate the violence that the police say Ms. Ortega inflicted on the children who had been in her care.

Relatives of the Krims said they had treated Ms. Ortega as a member of their own family and would even pay for her to travel to the Dominican Republic so Ms. Ortega could visit her family while the Krims went on vacation.

And a friend of Ms. Ortega recalled how fondly that she would speak of the Krims, saying she was well paid and treated decently. Ms. Ortega said she happily put in extra hours to help Ms. Krim whenever she needed it.

Still, Ms. Ortega had had some financial difficulties recently, and she had been forced to move out of an apartment in the Bronx and back in with her sister in Harlem. She had appeared harried and under stress, those who know her said.

On the day of the killings, the police said, Ms. Ortega was supposed to meet Ms. Krim at a dance studio. She never showed up, so Ms. Krim went back home to see what had happened.

This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:

Correction: November 5, 2012

An earlier version of this article misstated whom Yoselyn Ortega had been scheduled to meet at a dance studio. It was Marina Krim, not Ms. Krim’s husband.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/06/ny...nyregion&_r=1&

"Yoselyn also said that when she left at the end of the day before the murders, Marina ignored her when she said good-bye and this made her very, very angry.
    wtf doesn't warrant to kill innocent kids because someone didn't tell you goodbye.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...nt-mother-krim

Oh, it all makes sense now! If I had a boss that told me what to do, I'd probably murder babies too. Cause, yanno, beans.

Again I say, Fucking. Bitch. Lock her up and throw away the key. Better yet, stab her and leave her for dead in a fucking bathtub. This woman makes me rage.

It really indicates some level of perceptual distortion there.
    Im sure in her delusional mind, these things are "understandable justifications" for what she did.
    This, ladies and gentlemen, is your brain on crazy
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Again I say, Fucking. Bitch. Lock her up and throw away the key. Better yet, stab her and leave her for dead in a fucking bathtub. This woman makes me rage.
    Uh, and who exactly is going to do that who isn't also a depraved murdering psycho? Geez, people.

Uh, and who exactly is going to do that who isn't also a depraved murdering psycho? Geez, people.
    I easily could if those were my children, and I'm certainly not a depraved murdering psycho. I say put her in a room with Mrs. Krim and just see what happens.

Thread Information