Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanny Yoselyn Ortega (50), stabbed Lulu (6) and Leo (2) Krim to death and put their bodies in a bathtub

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Thats what i meant in a roundabout way damnit! I figure anything she says while in that hospital wont be used against her.
    Gotcha

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    he won't let her. i think its bc of his first marriage. she had a great career and it included lots of happy hours and meeting people, and her lifestyle and his were so different, that they were just shadows to each other at home and eventually divorced.

he won't let her. i think he's scared the same thing is going to happen again. she's tried talking to him about it. she keeps bringing it up. she brought it up a couple of times the last time we went to visit them. oh and get this - he now WORKS FROM HOME. i'm sorry, i love marty very much, but being together 24/7 would be crazy. we both need our freedom.

i feel bad for her. he "jokingly" said that he would divorce her if she started working again.
    won't let her? pshhhhhhhhhhh. that alpha male bullshit would NOT fly with me. he sounds like a controlling asshole. ugh. he's punishing her for his issues with his ex-wife. not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

NEW YORK NANNY WHO KILLED TWO CHILDREN AWAKE, TALKING TO DOCTORS

"The New York nanny who allegedly stabbed to death two children is reportedly out of a coma and speaking to doctors.
    Authorities say Yoselyn Ortega used a kitchen knife to kill 6-year-old Lucia "Lulu" Krim and her 2-year-old brother, Leo, inside their apartment building on Manhattan's Upper West Side on Thursday. The 50-year-old woman also slashed her own throat in a suicide attempt.*
    Sources told the New York Post that Ortega awakened from a coma on Sunday and asked doctors about her own family. She obtained a lawyer and has not yet answered questions from investigators, according to the newspaper.
    The children's mother, Marina Krim, returned home at approximately 5:30 p.m. Thursday to find the children lying in the bathtub with multiple stab wounds. Ortega, who was reportedly on the floor of the bathroom, slashed her own throat in front of Krim as she entered the room.
    Lucia and Leo were rushed to St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, where they were pronounced dead. Ortega was taken to New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in critical condition. Ortega was put into a medically induced coma and has since undergone surgery, according to the newspaper, which said she suffered a broken vertebrae.*
    People magazine reported that Krim's husband, Kevin, a CNBC executive, sent a text message to friends on Friday that said the family was "heartbroken."*
    The New York Post, citing interviews with the woman's neighbors, said Ortega complained of money problems in recent months and appeared "nervous." Authorities said the woman told people she was considering seeing a therapist, but it remains unclear whether she ever did. A toxicology report came back negative for drugs, according to the Post.
    "She lost a lot of weight. She looked very unhealthy. It looked like she was going through some problems," Ortega's neighbor, Ruben Diaz, told the newspaper. "She had aged a lot ? like seven years in a few months."
    "She snapped," said the woman's sister, Celia Ortega. "We don?t understand what happened to her mind."
    The newspaper also reported that the Krims offered extra hours to Ortega, a native of the Dominican Republican who has been a U.S. citizen for 10 years. They also referred her to another family for a baby-sitting job on the side, though that family turned her down because they found her "a little too grumpy," a law-enforcement source told the Post.
    Marina Krim, 36, had taken her 3-year-old daughter Nessie to a swimming lesson Thursday, but returned to her W. 75th St. building after Ortega failed to show up with the two other children. New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Krim found the apartment dark and walked down to the lobby to ask the doorman if he had seen Ortega and the children. When told they had not left the building, Krim went back up to the apartment and searched each room.
    When the mother entered the bathroom, she found her children, fully clothed, lying in a bloody bathtub with multiple stab wounds. Ortega, on the floor with slashed wrists, cut her own throat as Krim walked into the room. The mother began screaming, prompting neighbors to call 911. She then clutched her daughter Nessie, who reportedly did not witness the scene in the bathroom
    Lucia died from multiple stab and slash wounds to her stomach and neck, sources told the Post. Her baby brother was found with two slash wounds to the neck. Lucia also suffered defensive wounds from trying to fight off Ortega, according to the newspaper.
    Kevin Krim, 37, was returning from a business trip in San Francisco at the time of the killings. He was met by police at the airport Thursday night and taken to the hospital to be with his wife. Originally from the West Coast, the Krims moved from San Francisco to New York a few years ago. Neighbors described the young family as happy and loving."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/29...#ixzz2AhZQ6goA

Crazy thing about craziness...real true psychosis is so demonized yet so so unpredictable. So sad.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    Lucia also suffered defensive wounds from trying to fight off Ortega, according to the newspaper.

It sounds like this woman never really had the warm fuzzies, and was on a pretty visible downward spiral into a really dark place. What sucks is that it sounds like this family was still so loving to her they gave her extra hours and referred her for side jobs so they could help her make more money. Just gets sadder and sadder with every freaking update.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post

It sounds like this woman never really had the warm fuzzies, and was on a pretty visible downward spiral into a really dark place. What sucks is that it sounds like this family was still so loving to her they gave her extra hours and referred her for side jobs so they could help her make more money. Just gets sadder and sadder with every freaking update.
    lolololol at this being out of love. If they 'loved her' that much, they would have just paid her more. Not many people are like YOWZA MASSA I JEST HATE DAYS OFF AND NOT BEING WITH YOU N THE CHILRUNS PLEASE, KEEP ME WORKING AS LONG TODAY AS POSSIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    they would have just paid her more.
    no way. My boss really likes me, but does he throw more money at me cuz I need it??? Hell no. I gotta work for it, even though he likes me. You can't just "pay her more" if you see someone struggling, it doesn't work that way. Just like any job, the boss may try to give you more hours and have you WORK for more money, but nowhere, absolutely nowhere, nanny's included, is it like "Oh you're struggling? Here's more money" No. Way.

That's not how nannying works, though. They pay them a weekly wage of their determination. If you're a wealthy family with an au pair, you're not answering to a payroll when it comes to salary increases. If you think the woman is struggling and you want to help, you just throw her a couple more twenties when you pay her under the table on Sunday. Not 'oh, lucky you, you can work longer hours!' It's not the same as working in a corporate setting.

That's not how nannying works, though. They pay them a weekly wage of their determination. If you're a wealthy family with an au pair, you're not answering to a payroll when it comes to salary increases. If you think the woman is struggling and you want to help, you just throw her a couple more twenties when you pay her under the table on Sunday. Not 'oh, lucky you, you can work longer hours!' It's not the same as working in a corporate setting.
    its not their responsibility to give her more money or to help. if they're paying her a fair wage, then its her problem if she's not managing her money well.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    its not their responsibility to give her more money or to help. if they're paying her a fair wage, then its her problem if she's not managing her money well.
    Exactly. And everywhere I've seen says a live out nanny gets an hourly rate. So she got paid hourly, and they didn't / shouldn't have to give her anything more than that.

I'm just saying that being like 'oh they were so kind to give her more hours' when they're paying her out of their pocket and determine her salary is NOT an accurate portrayal of how nannies get treated. Trust me, they weren't paying her competitively. People choose the Hispanic ones/non-citizens so they don't have to pay them as much. I was raised by nannies and I've had friends that are nannies in NYC. It's not the same system as other jobs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they weren't showering her in diamonds, but it did sound like she had a good gig. (taking her with them to D.R., recommending her to friends so she can earn more money, the mom sounds like a really sweet person, hell she held a towel over her neck wound for eff's sake, whereas I would've taken the knife and finished the job myself). I would just HATE to think that this mother could potentially believe "well if we gave her more money when she needed it she may not have killed our kids" I don't think that was the case at all. Bitch was just cray.

I doubt that has crossed her mind at all. I'm sure the mom knows it was a crazzzzyyyy thing that had nothing to do with her.

I stopped nannying when I was in my early twenties because it was obvious that they did not want to pay for what they were expecting. I started with their first demon child and ended with their 3rd demon child and never once did they raise my rate. If anything they became increasingly stingy and started shirking payment over really ridiculous reasons.

When you see a family live so lavishly, only buying expensive food and clothing, living in a huge house that they have a full time housekeeper cleaning.. yet they don't carry the 50 bucks they know they owe for their childcare? I am not saying that all wealthy people with the option of hiring help are this way, but I have seen a lot of families over the years that treat their hired help the same way. They hire for the family and take advantage like they are a part of the family when no, I am there because you are paying me. And if you are not paying me, I am not staying.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Not that any of that means anything to this case.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Ouch.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

And thaaaaats why they hire immigrants!

And thaaaaats why they hire immigrants!
    The poor housekeeper also had the job of being the child care provider each day until I got there to relieve her. That woman did so much for this family and then they cut her hours to try and move them over to me, which was obviously so that they could save money on childcare since my rate was clearly lower than their housekeeper's. Honestly I think she was relieved only because they were a crazy family and I know she started spending more time with her family instead. It didn't change the pay cut, but I am sure it gave her some sanity. I don't know how those kids are going to go through life without throwing tantrums and manipulating every person they come across.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Ouch.
    dude. thats life. :shrugs: like i said, if they were paying her a fair wage, then its on her. you can't just have people magically fix your problems for you. there were times that i've struggled, and it was on me to fix my issues. meh.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    dude. thats life. :shrugs: like i said, if they were paying her a fair wage, then its on her. you can't just have people magically fix your problems for you. there were times that i've struggled, and it was on me to fix my issues. meh.
    If you make so much you can afford to have another family (which is basically what getting a nanny is) then you can afford an increase in their salary. I'm also assuming that the nanny isn't addicted to crack, meth, and/or gambling, so I'm not gonna point a finger and talk about their "choices."

Fair wage...that is well...another discussion actually.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Nanny to be arraigned from hospital bed

"The nanny accused of viciously stabbing two children before slitting her throat could be arraigned from her hospital bed on Wednesday, a source said.

Yoselyn Ortega, 50, is still intubated as a result of her failed suicide attempt, but a source told the Daily News she is conscious and able to communicate. She has refused to speak with police, but asked about her own family.

Ortega is accused of stabbing to death two children who were in her car — Lucia Krim, 6, and her brother, Leo, 2 — in the their family’s W. 75th St. Upper West Side apartment last Thursday.

DERANGED NANNY ALLEGEDLY KILLS TWO CHILDREN OF CNBC MEDIA EXECUTIVE KEVIN KRIM AND WIFE MARINA; KIDS, 2 AND 6, ARE FOUND BY MOM IN BATHTUB AT LUXURY UPPER WEST SIDE APARTMENT BUILDING: NYPD
    The mother, Marina Krim, was out with her other child, then returned to find her two children in the bathtub, soaking in a pool of blood, as the nanny slit her throat.

Kevin and Marina Krim treated alleged homicidal Manhattan nanny Yoselyn Ortega, right, like a member of the family.
    KEVIN KRIM, FATHER OF CHILDREN ALLEGEDLY KILLED BY NANNY, SENDS TEXT MESSAGE TO FRIENDS: 'WE'RE OBVIOUSLY HEARTBROKEN'
    The children’s father — Kevin Krim, CNBC’s general manager of digital content — was on a plane from California when the kids were found.

“She loved these children like her own,” said Mylades Ortega of her sister Yoselyn Ortega, left.
    The NYPD said Monday Ortega had planned to see a doctor about her recent psychological problems. Family members told the police in recent months the woman appeared to have money woes and talked about getting help. Ortega had no criminal record .

MOMS AND NANNIES JOIN TOGETHER IN MOURNING ON THE UPPER WEST SIDE AFTER SLAYING OF TWO CHILDREN
    “This isn’t the Yoselyn we know,” said her sister, Mylades Ortega, 58, going through family photos in her quaint home in the Dominican Republic, evoking memories of the time before her sibling was branded a murderous pariah.

“She is the baby,” sister Mylades Ortega recalled of her sister, right. “From the beginning, she was always very loving and cheerful. She was the friendliest of us all.
    SENSELESS AND TRAGIC KILLINGS ROCK POSH UPPER WEST SIDE NEIGHBORHOOD
    Her eyes were red and swollen as she produced a recent holiday card from her sister’s upper West Side bosses, showing their three small kids — a smiling Leo Krim, along with older sisters Nessie and Lucia.

“She loved these children like her own,” said Ortega, unable to fathom what caused her sister’s alleged homicidal breakdown.

“This isn’t the Yoselyn we know,” said her sister, Mylades Ortega, of*Yoselyn Ortega, left.
    SISTER OF YOSELYN ORTEGA 'WOULD LIKE TO DIE' FOR HELPING ACCUSED CHILD-KILLER GET NANNY JOB
    Born May 1, 1962, Yoselyn was the youngest in a family of six children in Santiago, a city of 1.5 million people.

KRIMS TREATED ACCUSED CHILD-KILLER NANNY YOSELYN ORTEGA 'LIKE FAMILY,' SAYS SLAIN TOTS' GRANDMOTHER
    “She is the baby,” Ortega recalled. “From the beginning, she was always very loving and cheerful. She was the friendliest of us all.”

The family says that recently their nanny Yoselyn Ortega, right, seemed to be having serious financial woes.
    Once Yoselyn moved to New York, she landed a couple of jobs — including one at a midtown printing company, the sister said. It was another sister, Celia, who steered her into becoming a nanny.

WHAT TO ASK A NANNY DURING AN INTERVIEW*
    Yoselyn began working for the Krims two years ago, and they quickly became “like one family.”

With Edgar Sandoval in Santiago, Dominican Republic

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1194895
    Last edited by snowfallsoon; 10-29-2012 at 06:44 PM.

DERANGED NANNY ALLEGEDLY KILLS TWO CHILDREN
    Good thing they put that 'allegedly' in there. Wouldn't want to be making baseless accusations.

Personally i dont care how much money she was making, she still killed thosse poor babies.

Yeah fuck that bitch. Not so crazy so as not to immediately ask about her OWN family. Won't be seeing or hugging any of them soon. Bitch

While I actually first kind of agreed with you, I decided that I don't. Im sure she is totally in shock herself so im not sure how a person would normally (and I use the term normal very loosely here) be after this. Maybe she hasn't realized the full impact of what she has done?

im just wondering kind of out loud whether she had an underlying mental health issue like schizophrenia or something else and it was made worse by financial worries and outside stress.
    Totally not saying she should get a 'get out of jail card free' but I think the lady is bonkers and no one knew.

Thread Information